PDA

View Full Version : Le change!

Kappa
11-09-2003, 07:42
Being as I have nothing to do but to be a boring author and amuse others, I have an idea of a online reality show of sorts. :D I have no intention of doing this alone so if it doesn't work, it didn't work. :P

The main idea is that five forumers decide to do an amusing change, just for two weeks. The way for the rest of the forumers to take notice of how the change is going, is to use *one* post a day as a blog/journal of sorts and let it be commented.

The change *must* be something noticeable, like in your persona. Start thinking about something you could change! :P

Trusting in the good judgement of the rest of the forumers, the one player whose change is more noticeable and best accomplished, wins. What do you win? :D

The satisfaction of knowing yourself winner and not runner up. :D

QueenBee
11-09-2003, 14:47
Wooot that sounds so freaking awesome! I'd love to be part of it :D

kishkash
11-09-2003, 14:59
It would be hard to come up with something to change though...

o.k. well not hard...just hard to come up with something you are WILLING to change...

Mossopp
11-09-2003, 18:28
Hmmm... :spy:
I could act like a real 'girly' girl - that would be a phenominal change from my usual self!! :laugh:
I could also try to stay sober for 2 weeks but I dunno how good I'd be at that. :coctail:

Rob
11-09-2003, 19:36
Are those 5 people gonna act "differently" only in this thread or in the other ones as well?

Lena410
11-09-2003, 19:55
Sounds like I'd be great fun! :D

Kappa
11-09-2003, 20:02
Rob, now that you mention it, I think that the audience/forumers should keep an eye on the participants on the rest of the threads so that it's more fun. :D

Rob
11-09-2003, 20:19
Sounds like it has already started, right? :spy:

Kappa
11-09-2003, 20:21
No, not at all. First of all, we should pick up a game host, and the five players. :D

Rob
11-09-2003, 20:23
Ups, well I'm not the right one for this as people here do not know me well enough.

*leans back and waits for the announcement that game has started* :D

EeZeReal
11-09-2003, 21:22
Haha...I could give up being a Volkova addict for two weeks... Actually thats just a tad hard.....LoL :rolleyes:

Tis a nice idea though darjey.... :p

Should be pretty interesting... :gigi:

haku
12-09-2003, 01:09
I could give up being a Volkova addict for two weeks...
Maybe you could become a Lena luvver for 2 weeks... nah, that wouldn't work, at the first pic of Yulia you would revert to your true self! :D

I guess i could stop being a dirty old man... for an hour... if i don't see any pictures of Lena... :lalala:

kishkash
12-09-2003, 01:13
Haha...I could give up being a Volkova addict for two weeks... Actually thats just a tad hard.....LoL

ur just weak..WEAK! <mua hahahahahahaha>

EeZeReal
12-09-2003, 01:27
Maybe you could become a Lena luvver for 2 weeks... nah, that wouldn't work, at the first pic of Yulia you would revert to your true self!

Probably... It can't be helped I guess... :lalala:

ur just weak..WEAK!

Bah weak my ass... I am actually about as addicted as my sig says...I see her most of the time when I shut my eyes (Which is pretty strange I guess :spy: )

And this being a board which is 50% dedicated to her, would kind of escalate the improbability of the task... :rolleyes:

Pfffft@weak..... :p

ypsidan04
12-09-2003, 01:46
Originally posted by THEvolkovaADDICT

And this being a board which is 50% dedicated to her, would kind of escalate the improbability of the task... :rolleyes:

It might be 50% *dedicated* to her, but we all know this is a Yulia forum.

:help: :spy: :gigi:

Mossopp
12-09-2003, 18:10
This is a really cool idea darje!
I was kinda half-joking in my first post but now I seriously want to try and see if I can give up alcohol for this contest.
I think most people here are aware that I drink a lot. I know I should cut-down but I have no will-power or incentive (my health isn't an insentive cos I couldn't care less what damage I'm doing to my liver!). This contest would give me a decent reason to try'n stop drinking for a while. And the people on the forum would benefit too cos you wouldn't have to read my drunken diatribes every day! :laugh:
If you don't think that's a good enough thing to change about myself then that's ok. No big loss. I've got a fridge full of beer that won't drink itself! :D ;)

DAZ
12-09-2003, 23:23
I've thought about giving up drinking for a spell but can't due to lack of other things to do.
Besides us Scots are stereotyped as drinkers ayway.:coctail: :coctail: :coctail: :coctail: :coctail: :coctail: :coctail:

Echoed
13-09-2003, 03:32
I could be excessively nasty-mean for the next two weeks.

Hardiharhar. :P (I kid, I joke. *Coughs.*)

This is a good idea, doll. Those whom are participating, I wish you all luck. ^_^

~Echo.

Kappa
13-09-2003, 04:51
Okay. We have a participant, that is, if you're really sure about it, Mossopp. :)

And Echo, dear, I was talking about a change for the better. *Snorts.*

Echoed
13-09-2003, 04:59
Silly me. I hadn't realized. :P Anyway. Good luck to all participants.

^_^'

~Echo.

taty994945
13-09-2003, 06:23
damm i wanted to see Echoed, in nasty mode :D

QueenBee
13-09-2003, 10:19
Hmm.. change for something better.. Weeeell I am such a perfect person I can't change to anything better :P

Just joking, just joking. But I think my situation is far more complicated than that :P

Hmm.. Well.. I could give up homework for sometime.. :gigi: Is that good enough? :P

taty994945
13-09-2003, 11:01
i could aim for 500 posts, but i think it would result in spam so....

freddie
13-09-2003, 12:48
A change for the better? Now that's gonna be tough...Queenie stole my words... I'm SO perfect already. :rolleyes:
Anyone have some suggestions?:D

Mossopp
13-09-2003, 13:36
Originally posted by darje
Okay. We have a participant, that is, if you're really sure about it, Mossopp. :)

Thanks darje.
I hope I can manage this - no drink for 14 days..... *starts to panic*

guesshoo
13-09-2003, 16:16
this sounds like fun.
and it would be very interesting to see TvA give up being a yulia addict (good luck sis. b/c i know i can't do it!)
i wish you the best mossopp and i hope that you succeed.

as far as i am concerned, i would play, but i haven't been here long enough for you guys to get to know me well. maybe in another few weeks i'll give it a shot.

great idea darje!

Mossopp
14-09-2003, 21:52
Originally posted by guesshoo
i wish you the best mossopp and i hope that you succeed.

Thank you. If I am gonna do this I'll need some moral support. The longest I have gone without a drink in the past 2 years has been 4 days! The thought of 14 days sober scares the living sh#t outta me!
I'm not gonna do this on my own though. I'm the only volunteer for this contest so far - is noone else gonna take part?

parrish122
15-09-2003, 01:05
All right Mossopp...I'll quit smoking if you quit drinking for 14 days.

Deal?

Parrish

Lux
15-09-2003, 04:34
no smoking! yay! i gave that up as well :lalala: now, only socially

as for mahself..
i'd like to avoid being destructive, and focus on the positive aspects of situations i find myself in, instead of dwelling on the negative things however miniscule they might be. a better attitude? or outlook..*shrugs* i'm rambling again. :rolleyes:

parrish122
15-09-2003, 15:04
Only slightly hostile, even though I haven't had a cigarette since 11:59pm.

But since my life is a comedy routine, of *course* something funny came out of it.

I work from midnight to eight in the morning. I'd gotten to work at about 11:57, and decided to have one last smoke. I told my co-worker Chris to let me know when it was midnight and I'd stop.

He agreed, and kept his eyes on his watch as he talked on the phone. All too soon he said, "It's midnight."

So I took in one last double lungfull of smoke.

He *yells*, "You are still sucking! Stop sucking!"

I start laughing hysterically. Finally, I am able to say, "Chris? You might want to explain to the person you are talking to. That just sounded *so* wrong!"

I could see him mentally replaying what he'd said. Then he groaned, and tried to explain.

I heard him say, "No, it *isn't* what you think. NO! Oh for God's sake! She's a *lesbian*! Yes, I said a *lesbian*. No, she doesn't care who knows." Big pause. "What do you mean, am I sure? I didn't ask to watch!" Another pause. "NO! I'm not going to ask her if *YOU* can watch!"

Then he hung up, kinda ticked off. I just laughed.

Parrish

kishkash
15-09-2003, 15:16
LMAO...u never fail to make me laugh parrish122 :D

good to hear ur holding out on the smokes...ur lungs will thanks you ;)

*try playing soccer again when u've been chain smoking fer a week* the word of choice is OUCH LOL. And the sad part is that im not even really dependant on the shizzer...not like a pack a day or n e thing.

me gots to stop...who even knows y i started in the first place! (the funny thing is that i can't stand how everythig smells afterwards!) :none: :p

Kappa
15-09-2003, 17:54
So now we have Parrish and Mossopp. Well, I'll add myself. My change is to work out every afternoon so I go back to having the body I had while I was a TKD sparring champion. ^^ 14 days! I'll document every day, and post it like Fredda.

You also need to do that, Mossopp!

QueenBee
15-09-2003, 21:15
I'd love to quit smoking :D
But there's only one problem.. I don't smoke anymore. :rolleyes:

Ooh! OOH! I wanna work out too! My body is a lump of dough... It's like all flibberish.. Like.. *makes noises* blub blub blub.

Ooor I could.. Hmm hmm.. What to do what to do.. Take care of my nails and make them pretty? :heh:

*thinks hard*

kishkash
15-09-2003, 21:38
Ooor I could.. Hmm hmm.. What to do what to do.. Take care of my nails and make them pretty?

*thinks hard*

If u bite ur nails...u could stop that! i stopped a long time ago...but then i started to smoke :none: Its a vicious cycle that just won't end (i.e. suck my thumb...bite my nails...smoke) :( Im actually kinda worried to know what i'll move onto if i quite smoking LOL :hmmm:

OR you could vow to give up sweets or somefin like dat! *shurgs* who knows...jsut attempt to stop doing somefin u like :)

QueenBee
15-09-2003, 21:55
kishkash, girl! Let me explain something to you... :P There is a candystore right outside the entrance of my school. And you want me to give up sweets?!

But then again, the dude who owns the store sells cigarettes to minors... :smoke: Now, that's what I can an evil cycle.. :rolleyes:

kishkash
15-09-2003, 22:02
kishkash, girl! Let me explain something to you... :P There is a candystore right outside the entrance of my school. And you want me to give up sweets?!

What better thing to give up than sweets then! It would make for intersting Journal posts!

;)

QueenBee
15-09-2003, 22:06
kishkash, har har true true.. This is what I'm going to do (or so I think): I start eating healthy and working out.. Just become a healthy person for.. what was it? 2 weeks?

Heck, I'll start right away!
Or maybe tomorrow.. :lalala:

Mossopp
15-09-2003, 22:12
^^ 14 days! I'll document every day, and post it like Fredda.
You also need to do that, Mossopp!

What? Have we started already?! I'm drunk right now, can I start some other time?
I've just spent the last 3 and a half hours with my friend Kirsty whom I haven't seen in over 4 months...........and I can barely remember one word that we said to each other. That's a reason to quit drinking in itself! I'm such a twat! :bebebe:
I thought we weren't gonna start the contest till we had at least 5 participants! :ithink:

QueenBee
15-09-2003, 22:15
Whaaaat? :( But I wanna start tomorrow ('cause I'm free from school and it's such a perfect day to start)!

Lux
15-09-2003, 22:42
praise those who are so determined!!

i go to a school where almost all of the people i know party on weekends. the differences lie in how hard they party. some smoke, some drink, some do other stuff...
and it makes it very difficult to *not* do anything at all. the only thing i'm going to try to do is not smoke for a few weeks. it's just gross. and i used to smoke one or a few everyday for two years. since about 5 months ago i've only been smoking when i drink, or one or two a week. that's progress, no?

good luck to everyone!

ps. great thread!;)

madeldoe
15-09-2003, 23:00
Lux & parrish122, thats awesome!! i mean seriously, i'm surrounded and grew up with smokers, and im so refreshed to hear someone atleast try to put forth an effort not to stick another nail in their coffins. :rose:

thanks for initiating this darje! great idea!! :rose:

rivierakid
16-09-2003, 00:17
Woo! Parrish is gonna quit smoking! ^_^

By the way, Parrish, if I had known you smoked, I would've yelled at you to quit ages ago. ^_^;;

guesshoo
16-09-2003, 02:14
good luck to all the participants and i hope you guys succeed.
oh yeah, and keep postings those journal entries, their really funny!

rosh
16-09-2003, 12:39
i dont smoke or drink .. i wonder if i should give women up ;)

Veggie Delite
16-09-2003, 13:54
Originally posted by Mossopp
Thank you. If I am gonna do this I'll need some moral support. The longest I have gone without a drink in the past 2 years has been 4 days! The thought of 14 days sober scares the living sh#t outta me!
I'm not gonna do this on my own though. I'm the only volunteer for this contest so far - is noone else gonna take part?

i'm new, but i'll quit smoking to be moral support. :rose:

kishkash
16-09-2003, 14:08
and im so refreshed to hear someone atleast try to put forth an effort not to stick another nail in their coffins.

I think you should be part of the fab five M...give up da J's for two weeks ;) I'll even join in fer moral support :p

Ya know the stats => 1 blunt ~ 4 cigs (lung-clogging-shit-wise). Who's got the nails in her coffin now? LOL ;)

parrish122
16-09-2003, 14:28
Feeling pretty good, but I'm sure that's mostly because I just found out the hurricane headed here has dropped down to a category three, and they think it might get weaker.

It's kind of hard to get ill over not smoking, when you've just gotten *very* lucky.

I *have* been coughing a lot more today than usual. I guess my lungs are trying to clear themselves a bit.

Parrish

QueenBee
16-09-2003, 15:57
parrish122, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better for whatever reasons. :rose:

Now where are the other diaries?? *Hasn't seen any from darje or anyone*

kishkash
16-09-2003, 16:45
Now where are the other diaries??

Good question Queenie! :spy: *cough*where'syours*cough*

Mossopp
16-09-2003, 18:28
Have we started already? I never got the memo that said we had to start yesterday so Parrish is already a day up on me! :dknow:

parrish122
16-09-2003, 22:19
Oh, I just started on my own. I figured once I'd made up my mind I'd better go ahead and do it.

So start when you want to, Mossopp. I'll cheer you on!

Parrish

Mossopp
16-09-2003, 22:21
Thanks.
I'll admit that I've been a bad girl yet again and had quite a bit to drink tonight, so how's about I start tomorrow?
I'm sorry - I feel like such a fake. Everyone else is really looking forward to making their changes and I'm sh#tting myself at the prospect of 14 days sober! I'm worried I won't be able to do it.

parrish122
16-09-2003, 22:26
Well, I'm afraid I won't be able to either.

I've quit before, only to start again. I had quit for several years...and started smoking *again*.

But maybe this will be the time I'm able to put them away for good.

And I won't know, unless I try.

Even if you don't last the whole 14 days Mossopp, maybe you can see how long you *are* able to stay sober. Then the next time you try, you can extend it.

The only way to be sure to fail, is to not try. And true courage doesn't come from not being afraid, it comes from trying even when you *are* afraid.

I believe in you, Mossopp.

Parrish

madeldoe
16-09-2003, 23:18
Originally posted by kishkash
I think you should be part of the fab five M...give up da J's for two weeks ;) I'll even join in fer moral support :p

Ya know the stats => 1 blunt ~ 4 cigs (lung-clogging-shit-wise). Who's got the nails in her coffin now? LOL ;)

pffft..exactly waht are you implying ma? haha..*ahem* how about something thats actually DO-able..LOL :coctail:

Mossop,The only way you can truly change for the better is to do it for yourself, not for anyone else. Im sure this wont mean much coming from a stranger, but i can definately relate as to where your coming from. Which is why I wish you and everyone else luck! :rose:

Veggie Delite
17-09-2003, 17:33
3 looong days have passed since my last cigarette. :dead:

parrish122
17-09-2003, 17:59
Day three

Still no cigarette, and I have yet to kill someone. :)

However, I am supposed to work tonight, and I'm sure I'll be dealing with the drunken idiots who decide to have a "hurricane party". So I might very well have to hurt someone before the night is over. :)

Parrish

Kappa
17-09-2003, 18:21
Mossopp, I think you can drink a bit, but what would be really bad is that you get DRUNK.

Day four of physical training

I can't laugh and I can't sneeze. To say the least, my abs HURT.

Good thing, tho, is that they're recovering their shape. :D

Mossopp
17-09-2003, 20:12
OK, here goes...

I woke up this morning at 6.30am with my mouth as dry as the Sahara and a pain in my head like someone was trying to bore through my skull with a blunt drill. And there was me thinking that celebrating my last night before starting this little experiment with a cider and vodka binge was a good idea. :rolleyes: I decided to completely wipe the slate clean so I poured what was left in last nights half-empty bottles down the sink. I also gathered up all the empties that I had stuffed under my bed and in the various nooks and crannies in my wardrobe where my mother wouldn’t discover them – I took ‘em all to the recycle bin before I went to work.
I felt like sh#t practically all day today – I only started to feel human at around 4pm – so I wasn’t actually as petrified of staying lucid as I thought I’d be on the first day. However, I arrived home from work to discover that my father is sh#t-faced drunk and for the first time in my life I actually found myself envious of the old b#stard! :bebebe:
Normally at this time of the evening I’d be pretty gone so it’s kind of strange to be coherent right now. I think I’d almost forgotten what it’s like after 8pm! I don’t have any great plans as to how I’m gonna survive the next 14 days. All I know is I want to make it and as long as I can remind myself of the downside of my habit and not the hazy, fond memories of it then I think I have a chance. I’ve got to look at what it is that makes me drink and avoid getting into the kind of emotional state where I’m left wishing I was out of my face and in some other dimension. I guess this means avoiding my so-called friends, avoiding my parents (not easy, considering I live with them!) and just keeping my mind occupied at all times. I guess I’m also gonna have to cancel that trip to the pub with Sarah that we’d planned for this weekend. :(

Thanks for giving me a bit of a loophole darje, but if I’m gonna do this then I’m gonna have to quit completely. I’m not able to just have one drink and not get drunk. If I have one then I’ve got to have another and another and I won’t stop until I can’t even see my hand in front of my face. That’s how the whole problem started - I can’t resist the first drink and it’s just downhill from then on.
Anyway, that’s Day 1 as good as over. I’m gonna get it over even quicker by going to bed earlier than I usually do. I just hope I’m able to sleep.

Lena410
17-09-2003, 20:18
Mossopp, I hope you are going to be able quit for the next 14 days. To even start this had to cost a lot of courage..I'm proud of you..I hope that the 14 days won't be too bad. *hugs*

Veggie Delite
17-09-2003, 21:15
i hope too. just don't give it up, mossop!

guesshoo
18-09-2003, 00:46
*pats mossopp on the back* i'm proud of you. keep up the good work!

parrish122
18-09-2003, 01:29
*cheers on Mossopp*

Good going kiddo! You've started. And as Lena410 said, even starting took a lot of courage.

Parrish

rivierakid
18-09-2003, 01:31
*joins the cheering* GO MOSSOPP GO!!

*waves a flag that says "YOU GO MOSSOPP!"*

:D

taty994945
18-09-2003, 10:34
haha this is funny stuff! you can do it Mossopp!! :D
im sure your liver is cheering for you as well!

parrish122
18-09-2003, 13:33
More of a test today. I had to spend my work shift with my manager, who was smoking like crazy. Basically, I kept finding things to do that would get me away from her, so that I wouldn't be quite so tempted to ask her for a cigarette.

I *did* snap at a customer, but he deserved it. :)

*Cheers on all the folks who are going on this journey*

Parrish

Mossopp
18-09-2003, 22:48
I couldn't sleep at all last night. That's one good thing that alcohol has done for me - it allowed me to sleep. It numbs my brain and kills all those nasty little thoughts that run round and round in my head sniping and taunting me. I don't think the sleeplessness is going to go away. It has always been a problem for me and sleeping pills never worked - sometimes even getting drunk didn't do the trick. I dunno. Sleep is the least of my troubles now anyway. Although it was nice to wake up in the morning and not have a headache or a dry mouth.
I know it's only my 2nd day but I really started to get anxious this afternoon. I was sitting in my office at lunchtime, listening to Camp Kill Yourself (so much for trying to keep my mood light, huh! :rolleyes: ) and staring out the window at the gray sky. I thought "I'd really love to just get wrecked right now!" and then I got really angry with myself cos I knew I couldn't (well, I guess I could but I didn't want to flake out after less than 48 hours!). My mood got pretty dark there for a while.
I had absolutely nothing to do this evening and I was worried about what I could do to keep myself occupied. I called Kirsty, fully expecting her to be up in the city in some club with her army of friends or back at her own place in Aberdeen. Turns out she was still at her parents house just up the road from me so she came down and we watched 'Show Me Love' and argued about what movie Angelina Jolie looks hottest in. It struck me that every time I've seen Kirsty in the past year - maybe 5 or 6 times - I've been drunk and can't really remember much about our meetings. In some instances I'd deliberately gotten drunk before seeing her cos I couldn't handle listening to her talk about how much she's been doing and how many girls she's been seeing and how happy she is. I stand by my decision to drink on all those occasions cos listening to someone tell you how how great their life is when you are sober and miserable isn't really much fun. Still, at least her visit gave me something to occupy myself with and I guess it was kind of nice to have a conversation with her that I know I will remember tomorrow!

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, everyone. Knowing that people are rooting for me gives me an added incentive to really give this my best shot.
But there are other people trying to change their lifestyles here as well and they deserve just as much, if not more, support as I do. My problem is self-inflicted - I really don't deserve any sympathy or comfort at all.

guesshoo
18-09-2003, 23:10
way to go parrish, only 10 days more!
now i have a question for u. what is your occupation?

and as for you mossopp, keep up the good work. i know you're frustrated, but in the end its worth it! oh yeah, and the same question that went for parrish goes for you too.

darje, keep trying hard, i know that kind of thing takes dedication and determination, but just remember, we're all cheering you guys on! oh yeah, the same question goes for you as well.

i hope you guys don't mind my asking. and if you don't wanna answer you most certainly don't have to.

Mossopp
18-09-2003, 23:14
Originally posted by guesshoo
what is your occupation?

I'm an Accounts Assistant. I spend 8 hours a day in a damp, dull little office where I'm underpaid and undervalued by my superiors and co-workers.

XSpex
19-09-2003, 02:50
...I spend 8 hours a day in a damp, dull little office where I'm underpaid and undervalued by my superiors and co-workers.
...oh, I have been there, I can understand you...

It's nice to see the changes you people are doing are to improve your health!!

Go Mossopp! Go Parrish! Go Darje!

Kappa
19-09-2003, 06:36
Day 5
Day 1 of Wu Shu

Holy celestial mutter... I can't feel my legs...

I started Wu Shu training today and to say the least I'm very happy. It had been a WHILE since I trained like that, not to mention made my poor shirt almost transparent in perspitration. *Watches the ladies swoon.* :D

Needless to say, Wu Shu is harder than Tae Kwon Do. All those swift movements! Nothing like having to stop on your tracks on TKD.

sasha, are you a fan or sumthin'? :gigi: I was planning to post some pictures, yes, but that'll be until day 7. Who knows. If by the end of two weeks, this works for parrish and mossopp, I will go on posting until I have washboard abs, and that's a promise. :P

parrish122
19-09-2003, 13:39
Dear God...I think I'm coughing up *all* the tar that I managed to put into my lungs since I started back smoking two years ago.

Oh, I work at a convenience store. Which means I too am undervalued...by everyone! LOL. Seriously, people tend to figure that if I'm working there I must have an I.Q. lower than most doorknobs. Plus they just did a study that said that only taxi drivers have a more dangerous job in America.

Oh yeah, I *love* my job. LOL

Plus, I have to deal with the fact that I am constantly around cigarettes while at work. Fun!

Still hanging on though. :)

Parrish

prostrel
19-09-2003, 16:31
I couldn't sleep at all last night. That's one good thing that alcohol has done for me - it allowed me to sleep. It numbs my brain and kills all those nasty little thoughts that run round and round in my head sniping and taunting me. I don't think the sleeplessness is going to go away. It has always been a problem for me and sleeping pills never worked - sometimes even getting drunk didn't do the trick.

Mossopp I`ll keep my fingers grossed and my thoughts are with you!

But I`m concerned about your sleeping problem. So, Mossopp, how much do you get excercise during the day? You work at office so you are all day indoor, right? And your way to work, is it long and how do you go to work? Do you walk, by bus...?
Because the best way to get a good night`s sleep is to be as much as possible outdoor in fresh air and do some excercise. 1 or 2 hours walk at the brisk pace in fresh air daily can be miraculous! If you get your body tired enough you will sleep like a baby. And it doesn`t cost you anything, it `s free. But don`t do it just before you are going to bed, do it at least 2 hours before you want to go to sleep. And don`t walk past the pubs :D This is how you are able to be away your home and parents too. Maybe you can wheedle someone walk with you. Whenever I have problems I go for a long walk. Your can`t run away your thoughts while walking and troubles don`t go away just like that, but I have noticed that they have less weight though, after 2 hours walking trip.

Just try it Mossopp, you`ll be surprised! :)

Kappa
19-09-2003, 16:48
Mossopp, to go to bed and actually sleep, you should be actually getting TIRED. Do something good, like exercise or chores or something, that'll keep your mind from alcohol and kick the air outta you so you go to bed tired. :)

Veggie Delite
19-09-2003, 18:30
hey parrish, try consuming a lot of honey with tea or milk. it helps a lot in emtying your lungs. my grandpa told me this :znaika: it realy helps
or try jogging :spy:

Mossopp
19-09-2003, 20:39
Has it only been 3 days?? It feels like a week! Time is dragging really slowly. The work-day feels like an eternity cos I don't have the thought of "Don't worry Mossopp, you can go home and get smashed at 5!" to drive me on. And the evenings seem endless cos I'm just running in circles trying to find something, anything, to keep my mind off things.
I think I now realise just how far my problem has gone and how f#cked-up I am not to have done something about it sooner.
I still can't sleep even although my entire body seems to ache and my eyelids start feeling heavy at about 3pm!
Tomorrow it's gonna get tougher. Weekdays I have work and I've never drank at work cos if I lose my job I'm a goner! That's 8 hours of the day when I know I can keep out of trouble. But on Saturday and Sunday I don't have work - I have all day to get into a mess. I've been trying to organise activities to keep myself busy. I'm going to the cinema on Sunday afternoon (I cancelled my previously arranged trip to the pub!) and I'm going shopping tomorrow morning. Other than that I've got far too much time on my hands!

I hope I'm not boring any of you - I notice that my 'diary entries' are a lot longer than everyone else's. It's just that I think putting my thoughts into words is kinda helping me on some small level.
Thanks for listening.

Mossopp
x x

DAZ
19-09-2003, 22:28
Mossop..the best thing i ever done was stop drinking in the house.Don't get me wrong i enjoyed a "carry oot" like most people but you drink SO much more when you're at home and end up in a worse state than you do in a pub.
At least in a pub you know you have to watch your money.
As for sleeping Do you stay near a shore?
Nothing like a walk along the shore to make you sleep when you get back home.
Nothing like a nice sunset as well.:done: (although in Scotland these will be rare in the coming months):dknow:

guesshoo
19-09-2003, 23:27
keep hope alive mossopp, darje and parrish.
just remember, guesshoo has faith in you!

ps. mossopp, don't worry about the length of our posts, i don't mind reading them and i'm sure no one else does.

parrish122
20-09-2003, 01:05
I'm with everybody else on this Mossopp, I find your posts interesting.

Tea with honey eh? I'll have to try that. I just got up to start getting ready for work, and can't seem to stop coughing. Ick. Don't start smoking gang. Trust me. It's hard to quit. I'd started when I was 14 and smoked until I was 25. Then, like an idiot, started again two years ago. <Sigh>

Parrish

Kappa
20-09-2003, 04:25
Mossopp, I dunno if it's of any importance to you, but I'd be so very proud of you (in a friends level) if by the end of two weeks you achieved your goal. In fact I'm glad you decided to go ahead with this, because not many people have the strenght to do what you want to do, and I'm even more glad at the fact that you write a lot about it because it lets me appreciate you're not enjoying this but you're doing this for your own health.

About your body pains: those ought to stop in about three/four more days. It's just your body decomposing all the toxines that haven't got a chance to get backups because you haven't been drinking. Keep on like that, suddenly you'll be over the surface and feeling the sun on your face (even if that's a metaphore in Scotland :P).

I have a confession to make, so you guys don't think of giving up. I gave up weed 2 and a half months ago. Due to some events that happened not a week ago with someone, I've been caressing the idea of smoking again, but it is this thread that keeps me going without it. :)

prostrel
20-09-2003, 06:53
I have a confession to make, so you guys don't think of giving up. I gave up weed 2 and a half months ago. Due to some events that happened not a week ago with someone, I've been caressing the idea of smoking again, but it is this thread that keeps me going without it. :)

Darje , that`s great! Just keep going without it, my supporting thoughts are with you!

I smoke my first cigarette when I was 10. After that I got incredible awful headache so there was no need to light up another, so I have never been a smoker. I don`t know personally how hard it is to quite smoking, but I can imagine how tough process it is so all I can do is to keep my fingers crossed to our nonsmoking -club persons, Parrish, $in and Darje, and hope for the best. Keep on going the RIGHT WAY guys! :)
Mossopp, doesn`t matter how long your posts are, I read them all.

Veggie Delite
20-09-2003, 10:59
i watched a friend trying to stop drinking, so i've seen how hard it is. mossop, you're doing not great, but excellent! just keep your head up, and keep going :rose:
i tried to stop smoking a million times, but :dknow:
i think this thread and you guys finally made me stop :rose: i am new, but i've been around (without posting) for a while now. this is such a friendly and positive place

*full of love, runs around and hugs everybody*

guesshoo
20-09-2003, 12:52
i'm glad to hear that darje and just to let you know, i'm proud of you!

*runs and hugs $in*
thats good to hear you gave it up, and i must say as well, it is trully a positve place!

parrish122
20-09-2003, 13:03
Holy Marboro man, Batman! It's been almost a week since I've smoked!

I *so* wanted one today...you just don't know. A customer was a total ass, and a co-worker I hadn't seen since I quit said, "You look ticked off. Here, have one of my cigarettes." And tosses me her pack.

I looked at them, sighed, and tossed them back. "I quit." I say.

"Yeah, right." She says and tosses them back.

I grit my teeth and throw them back at her kind of hard. Not that you can really hurt someone with a pack of cigarettes. "I said I quit!" I snapped.

She stared at me a moment, then said, "You are serious."

"Yep. I am." I said.

She laughed and said, "I give it a week." Then she left. Just as well, since I was thinking of cramming cigarettes down her throat until she choked to death.

Still not smoking though.

And Darje, Mossopp and $in...I'm so glad that you all are taking this on with me. This thread is helping me stick to it, so thanks to everyone encouraging us.

And Darje? Damn good idea you had here!

Parrish

guesshoo
20-09-2003, 21:44
tsk tsk tsk @ parrish's ex-co-wroker.
ppl like those who not only don't have any faith in you but put you down as well should be.....
well, lets not get into that.
but i can offer this advice
ignore the ignorant, it maybe hard to do, but in the end its worth it!

keep up the good work buddy.

Mossopp
20-09-2003, 22:07
I'll be honest:
I came really, really close to giving in today.
Don't worry, I'm still sober. I didn't cave to the temptation. Although I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't just get wrecked today.
Again, I couldn't sleep last night. At about 3am the idea that I was actually insane crept into my mind and I started to cry uncontrollably. I don't know why. Everything just stopped making sense. I guess that's sleep-deprivation for ya! :rolleyes:
I went shopping this morning to give myself something to do. I bought a book with the intention of fully immersing myself in it for as long as possible. Unfortunetely I have the attention span of a goldfish. Another unfortunate turn of events was that my mother had done some shopping of her own this morning. She came into my room this afternoon while I was trying to read and put two 3 litre bottles of cider at my feet. She looked at me disdainfully and said "That's 7 quid you owe me", before leaving the room. I didn't ask her to buy the drink for me. I guess she's just so used to me sneaking my drink orders into her weekly shopping list that she just bought it out of habit. The bottles are now sitting by the door in my room. I think I can hear them laughing at me.
I got really angry again today. My father is in the process of waging a 'Sharon Osbourne' style war against our neighbours over who is to blame for the rats that have been spotted darting around on our road. I voiced my exhasperation and contempt for my neighbourhood for the millionth time and my mother responded with the same old "If you don't like it you can leave, it's your fault you've wasted your life, if you'd done the sensible thing and gone to university then you wouldn't still be here and we'd all be happy..." My mother can use her f#cked-up logic make the blame for any situation lie with me and my decision not to go to university.
HEY MUM! I SCREWED-UP. I KNOW. IT'S TOO LATE NOW SO GET OVER IT.
Anyway, I now have rats to worry about besides an insanely irrational mother and an idiot father. And then it struck me: what I'm doing - trying to give up drink - doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. I'm eliminating the one and only thing that makes me happy. My life situation SUCKS. What I'm doing right now is making it worse, not better. I used to be able to sleep - now I can't. I used to have something to look forward to at the end of the work-day - now I don't. I used to have something that would allow me to get away from the sh#t - now I don't. It just doesn't make sense.
I don't know what it is that's stopping me anymore. I think it's cos I'm just too damn confused to do anything!

Veggie Delite
20-09-2003, 23:00
alcohol CAN'T BE the only thing that makes you happy. you look differently on the world when u r drunk, all u saw till now was just a twisted picture. please, stick around just a little bit more in this crappy (sober) world, try to see it as it really is. u don't see now the good things, just the bad ones, cos your body is suffering. i know it's fu#ckin hard, but if u make it, u'll see it was worth of it. but it takes a lot of time... :dknow:
u can always start drinkin' again, but first try the other way. hope u understood what i wanted to say :grustno:

i wish u all the strength and love of this world :heart: :flag: :done:

taty994945
21-09-2003, 00:43
parrish122, Mossopp, it sounds pretty hard atm but try to get through it. Then you can brag about your achievements later on. Mossopp, i've got an idea for you: drink coke or water but fantasize that you are drinking alcohol and getting smashed. Say to urself "woah im feeling so drunk atm". i dunno if this will work but u may wanna try it. :)

Kappa
21-09-2003, 06:55
Mossopp, it takes you about one week to go bananas out of sleep deprivation. SLEEP, dammit. :P

Your logics have no logic whatsoever as of now because of the changes your body is going through. You drank heavily and you're getting rid of the toxines. Think this: once sober, you can slap onto your mom's face that just as easily as you stopped drinking (just as easily as a manner of speach :P), you can get a job anywhere else and live on your own. That you have achieved one great thing in your life and you could go and do another one just like leaving her with no one to blame for her patheticness.

About me (I'm so sad: I'm speaking good things to Mossopp, and will rant about myself NOW): I am so close from asking weed from my brother you wouldn't even believe it. With her gone, keeping myself healthy has no sense. I just want to smoke it so for three hours I don't even remember her. There's only the vague hope that if I don't, it'll be a good point for me and I won't have smoked just for nothing.

My physical training is on hold because I had exams this weekend but I will be going back on Thursday, ergo, my legs are going to repent from all their sins. As a matter of fact, walking down the stairs (three flights down to the street), has been nothing short of impossible. But the pain keeps my world real as of now, assuring me I won't go get wasted or smoke weed just because.

parrish122
21-09-2003, 14:13
Are we all hitting a slump in our lives at the same time?

Well, I still have managed not to smoke, even though I would have loved to smoke until my lungs exploded.

No real reason. Just feeling angry and depressed. A lovely combo. <Sigh>

And Darje? Taking care of yourself *always* makes sense. Even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Even when you feel like saying, "The hell with it." and doing self-destructive things.

Remember that, so you can remind me of it when *I* need to hear it, ok? :)

And Mossopp? Hang in there. I truly believe you *will* be glad you've done this.

Parrish

Lena410
21-09-2003, 16:05
Mossop it's great that you are still hanging in there. When you have stopped drinking, then you'll have something to hold on to. When you achieved something that needs as much strength as this then there's nothing that can stop you!

darje I'm with parrish..keeping yourself healthy always makes sense.

parrish I hope you are going to manage stop smoking. I'm proud that you are trying.

Mossopp
21-09-2003, 22:36
I felt quite good today. I'm still tired and sore but I've beaten a personal best and that has lifted my spirits (no pun intended :rolleyes: ). In the past 2 years, the longest I've stayed sober was 4 days. Granted, on 2 of those days I was so ill that I could barely consume anything without it ending up in my lap within a couple of minutes, and that condition was brought about by abnormally excessive - even for me! - alcohol consumption in the first instance. But 4 days is 4 days and I've beaten that so, even if I do flunk the full 2 weeks I'll still have made some progress.
Oh, who am I kidding? That's not progress at all!
Still, I did get through the weekend which was what I was most dreading so I suppose that is a small achievment.
I've noticed something rather alarming in the past 5 days - I can't remember anything! I thought my lacklustre powers of recall were due to the fact that I was always smashed. I'd wake up every morning with little or no recollection of anything I said or did after 8pm the previous evening. I thought this was down to the booze - and it probably was. But I still wake up in the morning and wonder what went on the previous day, even without a single drop of alcohol! I'm now left wondering if I've done some serious damage to my head (as if it wasn't screwed-up enough in the first place!). And if I've totally f#cked-up my brain........what the hell have I been doing to my insides for the past 24+ months??!! When I was drinking I didn't give a sh#t about what damage I was doing to my body but now I have to wise up and face existance I'm feeling slightly bugged-out about what I've been doing to myself. What bugs me out even more is that I know my current state of sobriety isn't permanent. I'm gonna slip sooner or later and I'm not as scared of slipping as I should be. Truth be told, I'm actually kinda looking forward to slipping cos once I slip I can get back to doing what I do best - not caring and living in denial. Oh, and sleeping.

Lux
22-09-2003, 02:09
everyone is doing a great job, documenting, and adhering to a healthier lifestyle.

the past weekend, i got the chance to go home with a friend, along with my other friend....and we spent one night of the weekend in this gigantic house that another friend of ours was dog sitting, and house sitting at. it had 3 floors, pool, jacuzzi, god knows how many rooms..etc

it was not an environment conducive to not drinking or smoking, both of which i did. another week starts, i'm going to try again.:bum:

parrish122
23-09-2003, 18:45
Ok, I *haven't* given up on this, I just haven't been able to get onto the forum.

Not a great past couple of days, but even though I did do some things that were stupid, I didn't start smoking again.

I'll do a better documenting job tomorrow.

Parrish

Mossopp
23-09-2003, 20:51
....or at least I think it's day 7. I've lost track of time. All I know is that the past week has dragged by so slowly that I don't even know where I am anymore.
There's nothing to say really. I'm losing my temper with this whole 'sobriety' deal - it's no fun and I'm sick of being conscious all the time. I'm having to actually think about all the things that bother me instead of just being able to drink them out of my head! My own thoughts are driving me f#cking crazy!
Nothing else to add.

guesshoo
23-09-2003, 23:50
mossopp sweetie, think this thing through, i know its getting harder but trust me, its in your best interest! in the end it is worth it b/c you live a much healthier lifestyle and defy the things your parents have said about you. however, if the problems continue, seeing a doctor would be your best bet. keep the hope

darje, resist the drugs, trust me its not worth it. prove yourself a champion and resist temptation.

so parrish, the same thing has been happening to you too huh? i haven't been able to come on this site from saturday, really nerve wrecking!

i wish the best of luck to all of you, and keep in mind, if no one else believes in you, guesshoo does!

parrish122
24-09-2003, 14:52
Still here, still not smoking.

About the only thing I've been doing right lately, it seems.

Or does it count when the only thing you've been doing right is *not* doing something? <Sigh>

Parrish

Veggie Delite
24-09-2003, 15:41
well, i am so proud on u people!!! and u mossop, if u stay sober, maybe u'll gain enough strength to deal with your problems. but u have been drinking for the past 2 yers:dknow: give yourself a chance. if u continue drinking, in a few years everybody who knows u will just feel sorry for u... i've seen a lot of examples. u seem like such a nice person, i just don't want u to became an alcoholic!!!

*shakes mossop and then hugs*

ps. i'm still not smoking, and it's so great. just hang on everybody. we'll make it:done:

prostrel
24-09-2003, 17:13
Mossopp, 7 days is a really good achievement! Just try to continue, please!
Mossopp, you said past week has dragged by slowly and your own thoughts are driving you crazy. I guess you don`t have any kind of hobby (than drinking)? Is there anything you are interested in, cos your have to get away from your house and get your mind busy with other thoughts than your current thoughts are. If you don`t have friends who can give variety to your spear time then you just have to do it by yourself. You need a change and you definitely need to meet some new people. If I only could be there... I certainly would drag you to a different places, get you to meet people and just do everything so you wouldn`t be bored.

Mossopp
24-09-2003, 18:12
Originally posted by prostrel
I guess you don`t have any kind of hobby (than drinking)? Is there anything you are interested in, cos your have to get away from your house and get your mind busy with other thoughts than your current thoughts are. If you don`t have friends who can give variety to your spear time then you just have to do it by yourself. You need a change and you definitely need to meet some new people.

No, I don't have any hobbies other than drinking. I play music but I'm not in a band because I live in the middle of goddam nowhere and it would be impossible for me to get to rehearsals. That's the same reason I never see any of my 'friends' (not that I have many of them) - cos I'm so far away from civilisation. I can't get out to meet new people, it really is an impossibility.
If I had the money I'd be outta this sh#tty little village like a shot, but my suckass job pays me peanuts! And I can't get a high-paying job cos all the best jobs are in the city and I live too far away. It's Catch 22 I'm afraid.

prostrel
24-09-2003, 19:40
No, I don't have any hobbies other than drinking. I play music but I'm not in a band because I live in the middle of goddam nowhere and it would be impossible for me to get to rehearsals.

Now I remember, you play guitar, right? Great! Well, it`s hard to believe that you live at so small village that there are no other persons who could have interest in music and playing. Maybe it`s impossible or at least difficult to put up a band but does it have to be a band, could it be just a one person or 2 to whom play with? Or maybe you could give lessons to a some kid who wants to lean how to play guitar or something like that. Just a thought. Mossopp, your got brains, I have seen it when I have read your posts (not just this thread), use your brains, now your have a great opportunity to do that cos you are sober.

Mossopp
24-09-2003, 20:18
Another day. I don't really have anything new to report.
I have absolutely nothing to look forward to now. The things I used to enjoy aren't any fun when I'm sober and the things that used to scare me are now scaring me even more. I'm not being dramatic when I say that I feel dead inside.

originally posted by guesshoo
in the end it is worth it b/c you live a much healthier lifestyle and defy the things your parents have said about you. however, if the problems continue, seeing a doctor would be your best bet. keep the hope

I'm not gonna stick to this. I've weighed up my options and I think I'll stay with the bottle. Untill I can get away from this place and find people who understand me - maybe even love me - then this is my best option.
And my parents are right about me - I did f#ck up my chances!

originally posted by $in
if u continue drinking, in a few years everybody who knows u will just feel sorry for u... i've seen a lot of examples. u seem like such a nice person, i just don't want u to became an alcoholic!!!

Noone is going to feel sorry for me. Noone cares enough for that. None of my 'friends' know I drink as much as I do anyway - they're all too busy with their fantastic lives to worry about what I'm doing. The only person who knows I drink is my mother (and even she doesn't know the full extent of it). She couldn't give a f#ck either - as far as she's concerned I'm just another alcoholic waster like my father. I guess I've just inherited an unfortunate family trait. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Please don't be concerned about me. I'm not worth your trouble. It's my fault.

Lena410
24-09-2003, 20:28
Mossopp, of course you are worth it!

I think it's great you at least gave it a shot although I think that it's very early to say you don't like it after eight days.

Did you try talking to one of your friends? Maybe your drinking isn't that obvious to them and they would care if they knew.

guesshoo
25-09-2003, 05:22
awww, come on you guys, cheer up!!!

parrish:
whatever it may be that may have you feeling down just know that you are a winner. believe in yourself, thats all that matters!

mossopp:
come on sweetie, please try and think positive for me. we do care about you, and i'm sure even though she may not act like it, your mother cares about you too. like the other guys said, find something that you like to keep you occupied to keep your mind away from the negativity. keep your head up, and like i said before, if no one else cares, i do!

$in:
keep up the good work buddy

i encourage you all and i wish you guys the best.

Kappa
25-09-2003, 05:59
Mood: Disoriented
Day: When the hell did I start doing this? Methinks, day 11.

My legs hurt less by the day and I'm almost able to open up my legs like I was able to (not THAT way, pervs :P). Practicing Wu Shu has reminded me of the love I have for martial arts and practicing them. Nevermind my elbows, wrists, shoulders, knees and ankles, they're doomed anyway. :P

Yesterday's class was intense and very interesting. My sifu is a small guy who you'd never think could attack you with the strenght he does. A kid who practiced Karate came for his first class and I'm very glad I never did Karate because it's stiff as all hell O_o. I'm learning bit by bit and I'll probably get my uniform soon which will help to my selfsteem as a student. :P

Only bad thing is, mom thinks I'm still fat. 146 lbs... it is not bad for someone my size, I think...

On the weed subject, I'm still bordering in wanting to smoke it, but the storm has passed and I'm starting not to feel the need for it slowly.

Mossopp, you're right smack in the middle of the crisis. You don't give a damn about anything and you just want to go back to the bottle. Doing it will only prove your parents right and they'll have somewhere to stand in order to say that you failed.

I know you might not want to use my own POV but it might help you: all that makes me survive in a rotten world is irony. Irony that'll show people that didn't trust in me that I made it. When I was a little girl (aka 6 years old) I was diagnosed with a number of learning disabilities, a low IQ and hyperactivity (and to blow that all away, I'm on my way to need a guiding dog because I'm TERRIBLY far-sighted). The irony of that is that by the year in which elementary school ended, I talked english better than any of my teachers, had an impecable grammar and I had a nice handwriting, and had managed to stop what doctors called hyperactivity without the need of Ritalin or medicins for that matter.

Irony is that I will show my mom I can live alone without making a mess. Or show my grandparents that being a dyke will not leave me friendless. Don't fall to what others think you are, Mossopp, because you're a human being and unique and probably, way better than your parents if their only goal is to make their daughter miserable. Do it for us, eh? In many years, when Yulia and Lena are married and have children running around them (just joking :P), we'll all look back and blow a grand HAH! at those days in which we drank, smoked, or were a big fat slob.

Parrish, you keep going. For your Harry Potter-alike nephew? Please? *puppy eyes*

parrish122
25-09-2003, 14:37
Harry Potter-alike Nephew? :)

I've lost track of what day it is, but I'm still not smoking. Despite the fact I *really* want to. <Sigh>

Parrish

Veggie Delite
25-09-2003, 15:08
and how are you feeling parrish? what do your lungs say:)

Kappa
25-09-2003, 17:46
parrish122, keep it up. Please?

Lena410
25-09-2003, 18:05
I'm with darje..keep it up parrish122, it's better for you not to smoke..and you sounded like you really want to stop..*smile*

Mossopp
25-09-2003, 21:49
Still not enjoying myself but I managed to keep occupied this evening by searching online for a new place to live (FYI mother - I can afford a halfway-decent flat. You're not the only one who knows how to secretly hoard your cash! :bebebe: ) and watching 'Stitch! The Movie'.
Needless to say I got into yet another confrontation with my mother. I thought we fought before, but since I quit drinking my tolerance for her bullsh#t is at an all-time low!
I wouldn't have minded having a drink today but I had a migraine earlier in the afternoon so I've been feeling a bit too shaky to find the prospect of getting blasted completely appealing. Still, something to take the edge off wouldn't have gone amiss...
It'll be the weekend soon. I got through last weekend only because I had things to occupy myself with. This weekend I'm not so lucky as I have nothing planned at all. And I'm not working on Monday either so that's another day alone with only my thoughts! I'd hoped to go house-hunting but my mother is refusing to give me a ride anywhere and I can't get to any of my prospective new homes by myself so it looks like the old cow has won this round! :mad:
Urgh! I take it back - I do want to get blasted!

Kappa
25-09-2003, 21:59
Mossopp, you CAN do it. If you really want to live alone, go to the prospects by yourself... that she doesn't want to let you go is why she's refusing to give you a ride. If it's a taxi or stealing a car, GO CHECK IT OUT.

guesshoo
25-09-2003, 23:12
mossopp:
i wish you the best, and keep hope alive.

parrish:
keep your head up. don't let the world get you down!

darje:
i'm proud of you, and please don't give into temptation to the smoking!

Mossopp
26-09-2003, 20:52
I'm I the only one posting 'diary entries' anymore? C'mon darje and parrish - I'm not doing this alone! Help a Mossopp out. :( Are you guys doing ok?

Anyhoo, Day 10, not much to report. I still have no plans whatsoever for the long-weekend and I doubt anything is gonna come up at this late stage. Looks like it's going to take sheer willpower this time. I'm not looking forward to that. :grustno:
I'm sleeping slightly better now but I'm still tired and my muscles ache like a b#stard! (I feel your pain darje ;) )
I got a call earlier from my pal Rory. He's got a big weekend planned and when he says "big" he means it - last weekend he got himself thrown out of a club and then attempted to get back in by climbing in through a window. He cut his arm open in the process and even that didn't deter him! I told him I'd be thinking about him having fun on Saturday night while I'm sitting in my bedroom, staring at crappy, soul-sucking primetime TV. Not that it matters cos I do that every night anyway, drunk or sober. The only difference is the situation is bearable when I'm drunk.

QueenBee
26-09-2003, 21:23
Mossopp, well there you go.. :P Why don't you ask Rory to go with you someplace? Then you'll have stuff to do.. Preferably not to a club since it might involve drinking :rolleyes: But maybe to some cafй? A movie? Picking mushrooms? *Lol - my mom is doing that tomorrow* Anything?? o.O

Mossopp
26-09-2003, 22:16
Originally posted by QueenBee
Mossopp, well there you go.. :P Why don't you ask Rory to go with you someplace? Then you'll have stuff to do..

Because he moved to the other end of the country 6 days ago. He's yet another name to add to my 'People Who F#cked-Off and Left Me' list. :(

Kappa
26-09-2003, 22:21
Mossopp, I HAVE been adding entries, just not everyday because I'm not exercising daily. But if you want news, I'm dragging right now. ^_^

Mossopp
26-09-2003, 22:50
Mossopp, I HAVE been adding entries, just not everyday because I'm not exercising daily.

If you're not exercsing daily then how come I have to stay sober daily? Mossopp doesn't think she's got a very fair deal here..... :p

guesshoo
26-09-2003, 23:58
well mossopp, i wish you the best in finding something to occupy your time with.
keep the good work up darje and parrish!

parrish122
27-09-2003, 01:06
Ack! Sorry Mossopp! I usually post during the morning, but I did miss that this morning.

Still not smoking, still imagining that I'm inflicting all sorts of harm to annoying customers. :) But last night I didn't seem to want a smoke *quite* as badly as before.

At this point, I'll take *any* improvement. :)

I remembered the other day what I did when I was trying to get Alicia to quit smoking. I got ahold of her pack of cigs and wrote all sorts of charming little messages on each of the cigarettes. Such as: "Smoke me and you'll DIE DIE DIE!!" LOL. She still smoked them though, and then I had to worry that maybe she'd get poisoned from the ink. The look on her face the first time she noticed the writing on her cig was priceless, however.

Parrish

Veggie Delite
27-09-2003, 01:31
i've never seen someone like u moss. i wish some of my friends r like u... no one that i know managed to do this, what u did. my one and only love is kind of an alcoholic... it's so f*ck'n f*ckud up!

i really admire u ! ! !
*rolls red carpet*

parrish and darje, just hang on :)

taty994945
27-09-2003, 01:38
4 days to go! i hope u guys can do it. :)

p.s. are u guys gonna start drinking, smoking etc as soon as its over?

rivierakid
27-09-2003, 01:41
Hang in there y'all! I believe in you!

*waves a flag that says "YOU CAN DO IT!"* :flag::D

parrish122
27-09-2003, 01:55
Oh, my whole purpose in trying this was to try and quit for good.

So no, I have no plans to start smoking again.

Parrish

Kappa
27-09-2003, 03:17
Mossopp, you're getting desintoxicated for free. I have to pay 40 bucks a month for my place to exercise. ¬¬

goku
27-09-2003, 06:03
People here do that stuff? Was it your choice to become an alcoholic?

prostrel
27-09-2003, 07:50
Still not enjoying myself but I managed to keep occupied this evening by searching online for a new place to live (FYI mother - I can afford a halfway-decent flat.

Mossopp, that`s great, JUST GREAT! You have moved forward. This shows that you really want to change your present situation, not just talking about it. I hope your can get the ride for your house- hounting, I really do.

This your mother thing, it`s not surprising me. You said you father is alcoholic. I have seen couple of examples like this before, where alcoholic`s wife is tightly hanging on their child. And sadly, this interdependence is too often mutual, child can`t leave away even if she/he feels bad. Reason can be that child feels quilty if she leaves and let her mother alone to survive with this alcoholic. And sometimes this other parent just tries to make child feel quilty about it. Well, there are many ways to show this hanging, your mother just doesn`t help you any way and tries to get your self-esteem low and hopes that your are not able to do anything to get your life better. BTW, are you the only child? It`s always worse with only child. I know it cos I went it through myself, although my mother was/is not bitchy, she was just hanging VERY tight.

I`m glad Mossopp that you are not one of those who can`t leave, who doesn`t have courage to leave. Your need lots of willpower, I just hope I could give you some.

Kappa
27-09-2003, 08:29
I agree with what prostrel said. She might be afraid of being left alone with your father and by diminishing you and your persona, she makes sure in a twisted and sick way that you'll always need a familiar bond to go back to. Break free of that and it'll all stop...

Mossopp
27-09-2003, 12:43
Originally posted by taty994945
are u guys gonna start drinking, smoking etc as soon as its over?

I plan to get well and truly blasted once my 14 days is over, thank you very much. However I have decided that I definately do not want to get back into my old habit of drinking every day. It has been difficult for me but I certainly don't miss the sickness, hangovers and stabbing pains I get after waking-up each morning.
Also, if I'm trying to hunt for a new place to live, I'll have to be sober. I don't want to wake up one morning still half-drunk and think "Oh f#ck - I think I just bought a house!?! :eek:

originally posted by goku
Was it your choice to become an alcoholic?

No, it definately wasn't a choice. Things just kinda snowballed and I lost control of everything.

originally posted by prostrel
your mother just doesn`t help you any way and tries to get your self-esteem low and hopes that your are not able to do anything to get your life better. BTW, are you the only child? It`s always worse with only child. I know it cos I went it through myself, although my mother was/is not bitchy, she was just hanging VERY tight.

Yes, I am an only child.
I see the point you're trying to make about my mother not wanting to let go but there are ways to let someone know that you don't want to lose them. When my mother insults me and tries to stop me from seeing anyone or doing anything it just makes me mad and makes me hate her. Some of the stuff she says is really hurtful - that's no way to show someone you want them around!

parrish122
27-09-2003, 12:59
First off...Goko, I don't think *anyone* chooses to become an alcoholic. You don't think that having one drink is going to lead to not being able to stop.

Do I have personal knowledge of this? Yep. You'd think that someone with an alcoholic for a father would know better. But I convinced myself that since I never got violent when I drank, like he did, that it was ok. That I wasn't hurting anyone. Add to the fact that I was a *lot* more fun to be around when I drank, and people liked me more, just reinforced the feeling that it was ok. (This was all during my late teens, early twenties.)

I managed to, with only a few slips, stop drinking. However, I should add that it was very recently that I had trouble with staying sober again. I usually *don't* tell people all of this...but I felt that there was an implied criticism of Mossopp in that post. Ok, it was all of two sentences, so I could be reading *way* too much into that. But Mossopp recently listened to me about the problems that I'd been having, and was *very* kind and patient with me. If I stayed silent now...well, that would be a very black betrayal of our friendship, in my opinion.

So...if anyone thinks less of Mossopp, you should feel the same way towards me.

Let's see...back on topic. Still not smoking. LOL.

And I'm not drinking either. :)

Parrish

In edit--Mossopp posted while I was writing this. So it may seem like overkill to have written what I did. However, I feel my points are still valid, so I'll let it stand.

Kappa
28-09-2003, 03:52
I plan to get well and truly blasted once my 14 days is over, thank you very much.

:( That'd about miss all the point of what we're doing. If I stopped working out for two weeks afterwards, what'd be the use of it?

Mossopp
28-09-2003, 11:48
:( That'd about miss all the point of what we're doing. If I stopped working out for two weeks afterwards, what'd be the use of it?

I said I'd cut down. I'm not gonna go back to drinking each and every day. I've actually surprised myself on a couple of occasions in the last 11 days by being glad I didn't drink! I can't do this forever though - I need to sleep and I need to have fun again. I miss the simple things like getting a cider buzz, putting on some old Limp Bizkit CD's and jumping on my bed for a few hours. Without stupid sh#t like that the days drag like you'd never imagine... :none:
Sorry I didn't post a 'diary entry' yesterday but there was really nothing to say.
I'd like to say thanks to parrish for her last post. Someone's got my back :done: .
Seriously though, I appreciate you sharing that stuff and I'm glad I've got your support and understanding.

parrish122
28-09-2003, 13:02
But it doesn't matter, because I'm still not smoking! <Insert somewhat insane yet happy laughter here>

One interesting side effect from this that I hadn't noticed until now, is that I don't have *nearly* as many sinus headaches as I did before I quit. A bonus, to be sure.

Here's a funny story that is sort of off topic, but does at least involve a discussion about drinking. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get some sugar. It's seven in the morning. Running into *anyone* I know is not likely, right?

As I'm standing in line, here comes Tim. Who is Tim? Tim is the married guy who comes to my store about every two days.
And *every* time I see him, he makes some sort of indecent proposal.

So I hear Tim before I see him. He *always* makes this lusty growl when he sees me. I groaned and said, "Tim...I am *way* too tired to deal with you trying to hump my leg today."

The cashier laughed her ass off. Tim says, in a loud yet wounded tone, "I've never humped your leg! I'd like to, but I haven't."

"She didn't say you had suceeded, only that you tried." The cashier pointed out.

"Thank you." I said. "God *is* in the details."

"I thought the devil was in the details." Tim said.

"In your details, that's probably true." I replied.

The cashier and I laughed again, and Tim made a grab for me, I assume to try and hump my leg. I dashed around to the cashier's side of the counter, and asked her if she had a baseball bat. Alas, she did not.

"How about large ammounts of alcohol, so that if he catches me I won't be as grossed out?" I asked.

She laughed again, and Tim looked *very* wounded. Then his cell phone rang (it was his wife! LOL) and I escaped.

And Mossopp? I think that the fact that you've gone this long without drinking at all is fantastic! I am *very* proud of you. I think this time without drinking has given you a chance to see your life a little clearer, and you've decided to make some changes that I believe will be right for you.

And your welcome about that post. It *really* wasn't easy for me to admit that, so I'm glad it helped.:)

And you know, the image of you jumping up and down on your bed for *hours* made me laugh. Loud enough to where I woke up my dog, and she gave me a *weird* look. LOL

And to everyone who's encouraged us, thank you.

Parrish

parrish122
29-09-2003, 14:23
Well, I had a *very* good day yesterday.

And I didn't even think of smoking, for the most part. It was the first day I haven't had at *least* one mad craving. :)

This seems to be getting easier, thank goodness.

Parrish

Veggie Delite
29-09-2003, 17:08
when the 2 weeks are over, maybe the ex smokers could follow darje's example and work out a little bit. it would help a lot in cleaning our lungs. i plan to go jogging, and it would be much easier if i wouldn't be alone...
anybody? :lalala:

Kappa
29-09-2003, 17:28
$in, actually I'm being... kinda forced to work out. I mean, I love being strong and fit, but the real reason to my exercise is that my mom, my brother and the rest of my family (excepting my dad) are all fit and slim without even trying, and they don't want me fat. -_-

I DO enjoy working out because it keeps me healthy, but my weight is something way beyond my control and not even lifting weights or something in extreme calorie-burning make me go down a couple of kilos. ;_; It makes me mad because when I try and accomplish a bit more in my class, mom cheers for me like for half a minute and then reminds me of the rest I yet have to accomplish.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to vent somewhere.

Veggie Delite
30-09-2003, 00:07
well, i'm in a similar situation. i'm not smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee, nor eating meat. and still nothing... and i'm working out... guess it takes time:dknow: but i feel a looot better and i'm not depressed anymore :)
i'll start to work out every day. and i'll ask mom to buy me some fatburners:lalala:

kishkash
30-09-2003, 00:42
nor eating meat

w00t! u go $in! Join the meat is icky and hormonally injected club :D

guesshoo
30-09-2003, 01:51
lol @ parrish's story. thats hilarious!

i would just like to encourage $in, darje, parrish and mossopp in their endevours. congrats on being strong-willed and having enough courage to succeeded up until this present poin. i have faith in you guys and i know you will win.

be encouraged!

parrish122
30-09-2003, 13:53
Not much to report today, other than I'm still not smoking.

Parrish

QueenBee
30-09-2003, 15:05
parrish122, I'm really really proud of ya! It's so great to hear *someone* is never smoking again :heh: *wink wink*

Veggie Delite
30-09-2003, 17:10
still not smoking, and started my workout program:dead:
tomorrow is jogging day:hmmm: :dead:

QueenBee
30-09-2003, 17:18
$in, w00t w00t! *is a cheerleader and brings a sign that says "Go $in!"* W00t w00t! *rawk on*

Kappa
30-09-2003, 18:53
Am sick as dawg. Sorry people, no update on my exercise routine today, unless you want me to fall apart. -_-

parrish122
30-09-2003, 19:22
Yay $in!

And Darje? The point of all this *isn't* to kill you. So I think not working out due to being sick is perfectly fine. :)

Parrish

Kappa
30-09-2003, 19:40
:P Believe me, Parrish, I'd be feeling slightly better if dead right now. *Sneeze.*

Lena410
30-09-2003, 20:14
darje I hope you'll get better. You shouldn't be working out when you're ill.

Reminds me I should eat someting healthy so I don't catch the damn flu half of my class already has. :D

$in great that you stopped smoking and started working out! Go $in!! :D

parrish122 good thing you are still not smoking. :done: Your lil' sis is proud of you. ;)

Veggie Delite
30-09-2003, 23:48
well, my ninjutsu practising is finished (it's 3 times per week) for today. so i accidentaly had triple work-out today, coz i forget about it... i'm pretty dead now. but i'm getting up early in the morning to go jogging. that should help. i just found out this, and i'm very happy. :)

darje, i wish you get well soon.
parrish, very-very glad you're doing ok.
and moss, how are you? wish i could be there...
*hugs everybody and faints*

guesshoo
01-10-2003, 00:17
i hope you feel better soon darje.

be encouraged parrish/

keep up the good work $in

taty994945
01-10-2003, 03:22
$in, do u learn how to throw those death stars in ninjutsu?

Kappa
01-10-2003, 03:53
*sighs* If I'm not too mistaken, 14 days are over. (Not that we have to finish it up now.) But I'm worried about Mossopp: where is she?

QueenBee
01-10-2003, 17:12
darje, I'm worried too! Mossopppppp! :( (Btw darj, I hope you get better soon!)

$in, you're doing a faaabulous work! :D

Ooops I forgot to add that 14 days aren't over for everyone who participated because some people started later than others!

kishkash
01-10-2003, 18:11
yells out one big w0000000t for everyone here and how good they are doing with this.

Trying to give up something u like or addicted to is hella hard. I commend the self commitment :D

[and $in...if u want some kick a55 recipies..lemme know and i can PM em to ya :D]

QueenBee
01-10-2003, 18:19
[and $in...if u want some kick a55 recipies..lemme know and i can PM em to ya ]
Me too me too! :P

kishkash
01-10-2003, 18:38
Originally posted by QueenBee
Me too me too! :P

:spy: u veg too?

Veggie Delite
01-10-2003, 18:40
what is a55:spy:
yes, i learned to throw those thingies. and i learned to shoot from that robin hood thing, bow or somethin' (archery)
but where is mossop? i'm worried...

i won't be here for a few days, so don't think that i died from jogging.
i'm back in 3 days, please someone congratulate mossop for me, if she turns up.
good work everybody:done: :rose:

Mossopp
01-10-2003, 18:41
Thanks for your concern guys, but I'm ok. I just decided it'd be easier for me to wait out the rest of my 14 days silently. I didn't really wanna dwell on the situation and I had no spectacular insight to offer so I thought posting more 'diary entries' would be pretty pointless.
Anyhoo, my 14 days are now officially over so, in a little while, I'm gonna have myself a drink and relax for what will be the first time in 2 weeks.
I want to sincerely thank each and every single one of you who gave me support and encouragement through this cos I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without you. I've learnt quite a bit about myself during this, the main thing being that I'm stronger than I thought I was. I've also realised that getting drunk every single day isn't nearly as much fun as I'd led myself to believe.
Thanks again,
Mossopp
x x

QueenBee
01-10-2003, 18:42
kishkash, nope.. I don't eat meat very often though. And plus, I'd just like some kickass recipes :P

$in, I miss you already :love: hardihar.

QueenBee
01-10-2003, 18:44
Mossopp, WOW! You made it! I'm very proud of you.. I hope you will not drink as much as you used to (but according to my philosophy *LOL* having a drink now and then is super :P) sooo.. Try to find other things that can bring happiness in your life, because alcohol doesn't last forever (although it kinda does :grustno: ) but it's not a good way to go.. I say love is the best medicine, but I guess you don't want me started on THAT... :rolleyes:

Hooray for Mossopp!

Veggie Delite
01-10-2003, 18:52
woohoo mossop!!!
way to go baby!!! :done:

*proud*

taty994945
01-10-2003, 18:52
great achievement Mossopp, well done!
this is like the feel-good story of the year. :D

Lena410
01-10-2003, 18:58
Well done Mossopp ! I'm proud of you. :D It's a good thing to know that you are stronger than you thought you are. :rose:

kishkash
01-10-2003, 18:59
does another round of w00t-ing for Mossop :)

QB consider it done ;)

Kappa
01-10-2003, 19:42
Mossopp, way ter go! :D *big cub bear hugs for the mossopp :D* Self-discovering experience! Next step, 14 days without your parents. :gigi:

guesshoo
02-10-2003, 01:44
congrats mossop. i understand where you are coming from, so fewer drinks are fine by me.

congrats darje, keep up the good work!

we'll miss u $in

has anyone seen parrish?

parrish122
02-10-2003, 01:55
I'm here! I'm still here! :)

I just didn't have anything new to report, nor any amusing stories about it. :)

Still hanging in there.

Parrish

Veggie Delite
05-10-2003, 17:38
what happend to this thread?!

taty994945
05-10-2003, 17:42
fizzled out i guess. :)