PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a band

Mossopp
28-08-2003, 22:14
We all know that everyone here loves tATu, but if you could recommend one - and only one - other group for people to check out, who would it be?
I'd recommend The Ataris.
They are a not-particularly-well-known (in the UK anyway) punk band from California. I saw a couple of their videos on P-RockTV but I never really paid any serious attention to them untill I heard their cover of 'Boys Of Summer' on Scuzz. This prompted me to get their most recent album, 'So Long, Astoria', and after hearing that I was totally hooked. Their lyrics are amazing! It's a lame thing to say but I don't think I've ever heard any other band whose songs I can relate to so well!
They also seem to have a pre-occupation with 80's teen movies. 'The Goonies', 'Stand By Me' and 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' have all been mentioned in Ataris songs. It's the bands lyrical fascination and reverance for childhood and failed relationships that really hooked me.

I'll shut up now and give y'all a chance to recommend something! :D

zebu
28-08-2003, 22:35
I would recommend Placebo, you have all probably heard some of their songs, if you haven't you should definitely get one of their albums. The new one "Sleeping With Ghosts" is great and I would also recommend "Without You I'm Nothing".

I really love their music, it doesn't sound like t.A.T.u. at all, I don't know where to put them, I've read few times that people wrote is some kind of glam-rock-punk but I wouldn't categorize them at all, they are something special. :)

XtremeHollywood
28-08-2003, 22:37
The White Stripes. They are not a great band but their live show is awesome.

crni
28-08-2003, 22:44
i'd recommend farmer boys, a band from germany...i've heard about then from my friend and i really like 'em...they play some real good metal i can always listen...and i don't get bored ;)

if you like metal, but nothing furious, even with some slow sections...check 'em out ;)

Lux
28-08-2003, 22:57
just one?

*thinks*

American Football - they've broken up but their few lps are good.

zebu
28-08-2003, 22:57
Originally posted by crni
i'd recommend farmer boys, a band from germany...i've heard about then from my friend and i really like 'em...they play some real good metal i can always listen...and i don't get bored ;)

if you like metal, but nothing furious, even with some slow sections...check 'em out ;)

i have their album "the world is ours" and it's quite good, specially song "here comes the pain"

freddie
28-08-2003, 23:25
I'd recomend The White Stripes as well.

I love the whole Rock&Roll going back to it's roots concept... the guitar sound and the hooks are so much like the early Kinks ("You really got me going", "All day and all of the night") or the Animals.
The lyrics by Jack White are nothing special, but still stand out from today's mediocre scene (especialy in some songs).
Be warned though - if you don't like the 60s rock then you'll despise this band. The albums are deliberately made to sound unpolished in production, to get that aditional retro feel (constant noise of the apms in the background, screaking...)

Try it out. Tatu said they want to be more Rock N Roll on their next album as well, so it might be a good preparing phase till you wait. :D

crni
28-08-2003, 23:28
Originally posted by zebu
i have their album "the world is ours" and it's quite good, specially song "here comes the pain"
yeah, they're really great :done:
and btw i've never met anyone that even remotely heard about them and not to mention, listens to them (except a friend who showed 'em to me)...so right now i'm like...WOW :eek:

anyway...my favourite is "we sow the storm" but the whole album is, imo, pure class A product ;)

Tom Violence
28-08-2003, 23:42
One group. Juniper Moon.

I'll say that assertively, as if there aren't a hundred other bands I want people to listen to.

Anyway, they're a five piece from Ponferrada in North-West Spain. Their debut single, '"їVolverбs?' was played on Steve Lamacq's Evening Session, back in 1999. I was on the verge of turning the radio off, but ended up turning it up as far as it would go. The very fact that a Spanish language song made it onto national radio in this country is probably something of an achievement.

It took me eight months to pick up a copy. And another five months to be able to play it, since at the time I didn't have a turntable. Thankfully, it was every bit as good as I remembered it being.

They play silly slow-motion punk rock songs about love and sex. But to me they do it better than pretty much anybody else, bar maybe Superchunk. Is that sneaking in another recommendation? Sorry. And they're no older than I am. Plus they've two female vocalists who do a nice line in two-part harmonies.

There's a song to be downloaded here (http://www.popmadrid.com/grupos/juniper%20moon/canciones/el_resto_de_mi_vida_completa_1MB22.mp3), if you so wish. This is the title track from their one and only LP so far.

cirrus
29-08-2003, 00:51
I would recommend Placebo... and I would also recommend "Without You I'm Nothing".

Yeah I have that song on my computer. the Unkle remix.:done:

hmm... I'd have to recommed Mindless Self Indulgence becuase they have to be heard to be understood. It's definitely not for everyone, and it gets old fast, but for anyone who likes their music wierd and unique, MSI is worth checking out. They make songs like no one I've heard. Kinda rock/techno/hardcore and a whole lota other stuff.

karxwp
30-08-2003, 06:33
I recommend Lacuna Coil :D My favorite italian metal band :D

pd. And me likes placebo too :D Brian Molko is awesome, love Black Market Music album.

zebu
30-08-2003, 16:05
Originally posted by crni
yeah, they're really great :done:
and btw i've never met anyone that even remotely heard about them and not to mention, listens to them (except a friend who showed 'em to me)...so right now i'm like...WOW :eek:

anyway...my favourite is "we sow the storm" but the whole album is, imo, pure class A product ;)

I also haven't met anyone before that knows/listens to Farmerboys. I guess they have few fans in Croatia. I saw their video "If You Ever Leave Me Standing" few years ago on Viva so I told my dad to get me their cd when he was in Germany.He actually said that he had to go to few cd-shops to find it.

crni
30-08-2003, 16:28
I also haven't met anyone before that knows/listens to Farmerboys. I guess they have few fans in Croatia. I saw their video "If You Ever Leave Me Standing" few years ago on Viva so I told my dad to get me their cd when he was in Germany.He actually said that he had to go to few cd-shops to find it.
and i saw them on OVERDRIVE few years ago playing live and as soon as i heard "while god was sleeping" i said to myself they're a pretty good band, and then my friend (out of nowhere) showed me the album he downloaded ;)
and then after hearing the whole album i said to myself i must have the original album cause this mp3 sounded really bad :(
and so i went to search it in slovenia and italy but with NO luck :( and imagine where i found it...in prague two years ago where i went with my class...and boy was i surprised when i saw it on a bookshelf...i didn't hesitate a minute, i just had to have it...and the rest is history :D

Rob
01-09-2003, 01:16
I would recommend "Core22", it's a rock-pop-band from Switzerland.

Their album "Massive Love" was the best so far, one great song after the other.
Their newest album isn't that strong as they've gone more into pop in order to be played on swiss radio. Nevertheless "Massive Love" is the album to listen to and get a feeling for this band.
They're playing quite a lot of Open-Airs in the Switzerland and some in Germany but they're not a breakthrough-band so far.

The singer is called Sonia and she writes most of the songs - music and lyrics, and she has 3 guys behind her who as well know their job/instruments.

EeZeReal
04-09-2003, 21:13
Hmmmmmm..... Im going to recommend a duo called Atmosphere ....They probably won't be of interest to anyone on here, but they're IMO the biggest known name in the Underground... :rolleyes:

Anyway a couple of tracks if anyone want's to hear 'em.. :gigi:

Modern Man's Hustle (http://hiphopinfinity.com/Multimedia/ram.php?audioid=1993&itemid=1279)
The Woman With the Tattooed Hands (http://hiphopinfinity.com/Multimedia/ram.php?audioid=521&itemid=374)
Anneurysm (http://hiphopinfinity.com/Multimedia/ram.php?audioid=2368&itemid=1498)

*Sneaks out of the thread*

kishkash
04-09-2003, 22:48
*winks at freddie* 7 Nation army? (me likes that one)

erm reccomend a band/artist....Sam Roberts!!! if u interested im sure there is lots o muzac of hizzle out there (prob on kazaa lite or somefin) :) if not...just PM me :D

*i worship that man*

and ima gonna cheat a little and recommend another band...Our Lady Peace (OLP) prob not everyone knows about them but i sure think they're snazzy *geeky smile*. The lead singer's wife ain't bad either :heh: Chantal Creviazuk has some catchy tunes *puts on headphones to listen to them*

edit: OhhOhh *jumps up and down* and David Usher too! i'll shut up now :rolleyes:

Ripptyd
04-09-2003, 23:18
Gahhhh...Only one??
I have 3 of my favorites off the top of my head. I CAN'T narrow it down!
So I'm breaking the rules and telling all three:

Four Star Mary: http://www.fourstarmary.com
Awesome rock group, got some cult fame by being the alter-ego Dingoes Ate My Baby on BtVS.

Tony Lucca: http://www.tonylucca.com
My sex god. AMAZING man. My first childhood crush. He sounds even BETTER live.

Howie Day: http://www.howieday.com
SUCH a great performer live. Amazing with his looping equipment. Literally a one man band.

Tom Violence
04-09-2003, 23:38
Originally posted by THEvolkovaADDICT
Hmmmmmm..... Im going to recommend a duo called Atmosphere ....They probably won't be of interest to anyone on here, but they're IMO the biggest known name in the Underground... :rolleyes:

I listened to all three songs. I'll admit I was cynical, as I'm naturally inclined to distrust any scene that makes a virtue of it's 'underground' status. Often it's a cover for sloppy production and a shortage of the kind of quality songs that would take an act overground. However I really liked what I heard - especially the first two songs.

The instrumentation reminded me of Arrested Development or even Warren G's less daft moments. These comparisions should be viewed as positive. Rap music attained perfection in 1992, after all. Maybe. I'm a sucker for mellow, daisy-age stylee stylings.

The third song did less for me. Maybe because it sounded, to my ears, a bit too similar to 'The Way I Am' by Ms. Volkova's favourite. I think that distracted me. Any chain of thoughts that runs towards Yulia generally does. That and my attention was swayed by Dirty Sanchez on the TV.

Yah. But just to say I was impressed, anyway.

DAZ
05-09-2003, 00:03
I'd recommend The Wildhearts-A fantastic pop/rock/punk band from England.They've been about for years but their new album The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed is a classic.
Check them out at www.thewildhearts.co.uk
Everyone is hyping The Darkness but Wildhearts album is much better.
Also check out The Donnas an American all girl rock band at
www.thedonnas.com
You can listen to most of the album on the site.

madeldoe
05-09-2003, 00:15
oOh.. okay my first recomeendation would be Immortal Technique.. i doubt anyone would be interested in em either, since its rap (though i think THEvolkovaADDICT might be interested..and although ive heard atmoshpehere waay back, i never heard Anneurysm before..so thanks for the link! :done: ) The song im giving the link to is crazy...guaranteed to send chills up yoru spine..well it did to me..Though the lyrical content are NOT your daft hip-pop lyrics, it is a bit explicit..but the message is what's mad crazy..:yes:

:gone:

And as rap and hip-hop goes..i also recommend Binary Star and Black Eyed Peas :)

And for mellow rock..I highly recommend Damien Rice..download Volcano..I just adore that song..:)

EeZeReal
05-09-2003, 00:26
The instrumentation reminded me of Arrested Development or even Warren G's less daft moments. These comparisions should be viewed as positive. Rap music attained perfection in 1992, after all. Maybe. I'm a sucker for mellow, daisy-age stylee stylings.

Yea...I see the resemblance... :)

Actually Underground Hip Hop is more to do about sticking to the roots nowadays than them being underground for the reason of production quality or what have you. I can find half the underground artists I listen to down at the HMV (Which actually surprised the hell out of me).

Just to clarify the third track was from a different producer anyway(It was from a collaboration LP)..so it doesn't have the same feel to it as the first two.

Glad someone enjoyed them though... :D

i also recommend Binary Star

Oooooh.... I guess im not the only soul on this board who listens to decent hip hop... :D

goku
05-09-2003, 00:58
Hmmm so many bands..

Threre is a local band in Russia, Waste, that I would recommend to see live. They are awesome.

However, a recommendation that applies to the masses is Coldplay. They make some incredibly soothing stuff, that group. :D

rachelc
05-09-2003, 01:41
I'll go for Propaganda, who released an album in the mid-eighties called A Secret Wish. They were German, signed to ZTT, produced by Trevor Horn, and many think their sound influenced Tatu - in particular listen out for the songs Duel, P-Machinery, and Dr Mabuse.

ypsidan04
07-09-2003, 16:09
Originally posted by freddie
Try it out. Tatu said they want to be more Rock N Roll on their next album as well, so it might be a good preparing phase till you wait. :D

That's good to hear! We need more songs like HSIN (but that's not even written about them :rolleyes: ).

I recommend all of these:

Staind
Lillix
The Offspring
Maroon 5
The Living End
Showoff
Buffalo Tom
Kara's Flowers

kishkash
08-09-2003, 19:00
I've been listening to a lot of punk/rock lately...so i guess im ready. In FACT i've been listening to so much of the above said lately that im a punk'd punk! ;)

*puts on sweat band and does flexes*
C'mon Tatu..show me what u've got!

rosh
09-09-2003, 08:28
zero 7 - nice and mellow , oh and BT if you like electronic.

and cafe del mar if you want the world to pass you by and not worry about a damned thing :)

Tranz
10-09-2003, 02:33
A.F.I., they are a very kool band, with their own style.

KooReeT
10-09-2003, 07:35
Well like I always say when I recommend bands, just two words,
Radiohead and Deftones
and when it comes to hip/hop, it would have to be Common Sense or Talib Kweli :done:

thegurgi
10-09-2003, 16:41
Bands? Hrmmm, i don't listen to many BANDs. but i strong recommend

Sigur Ros - From Iceland, they are phenominal, their albums Agaetis Byrgun and () is amazing. Check them out

Kent - From Sweden, i've been listening to their album "Vapen & Ammunition" obsessively lately, it's brilliant. Oh, and their song Duett has a similarity to Ya Tvoya ne Pervaya, that you should check out.

Torba-Na-Kruche - From Russia, i like them but it might just be because they sing in Russia. Their songs "Isklyuchenie,""Yesli by ya byl soboi" and "Krasivo" are really good though.

And i also really like Coldplay... long before they were popular everywhere else :P.

Pretty much it

zebu
10-09-2003, 23:13
Originally posted by KooReeT
W]ell like I always say when I recommend bands, just two words,
Radiohead and Deftones

yes Radiohead - definitely one of the best bands if not the best! I love them. OK Computer is my favourite album of all times.

taty994945
18-09-2003, 05:25
i dont listen to rock alot but i would recommend Pearl Jam.

Kappa
18-09-2003, 05:48
I'll add Molotov to the list. Really good stuff, man. Bilingual rap/rock. :P

Lena410
18-09-2003, 20:18
I love The Rasmus. They are a great Finnish band. I just have to see them live. :)

kishkash
18-09-2003, 21:57
OK Computer is my favourite album of all times

true dat! ;) EXCELLENT cd

Radiohead paved the roads...

wicked14
24-09-2003, 20:31
I think every one needs to check out The Marz Volta. They rock and need attention. Also Sparta!

onegai
24-09-2003, 20:38
I haven't bothered to read the entire thread.
So, some of these may already have been mentioned.

Anyway

queen Everyone should have heard Queen, but if they haven't, then they really really should.

Rage Against The Machine like politics, appreciate sheer talent (especially on the guitar front), then damn well listen to rage.

Tool Brilliance, especially on the vocal front

A Perfect Circle Same vocalist as Tool, same reason.

HIM I just like them -_-'

Sarah Brightman Brilliant voice. Some pretty deep songs.

Enigma Innovative brilliance.

And so on, i'm not going to list forever.

Mossopp
24-09-2003, 21:22
I know I've already posted (this was my thread afterall! :D ) but I've discovered another band that you just have to check out! They're called C.K.Y. (short for Camp Kill Yourself) and their album 'Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild' is the most fantastic thing I've heard in ages!
I'd known about C.K.Y. for a while but I hadn't bothered to listen to any of their music because of their connections with that whole 'Jackass' thing (CKY's drummer Jess Margera is the brother of 'Jackass' Bam) and I thought they'd be a lameass "comedy" band along the lines of the godawful Tenacious D.
I was completely wrong though. CKY's music is very dark and atmospheric - almost gothic - and their lyrics are concerned with some pretty dark subject matter.
If you like dark, twisted, gothic-style music, get 'Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild'. It's awesome!

Disengage
27-09-2003, 23:52
QUICKSAND - Walter Schreifels' band before RIVAL SCHOOLS. It's kinda similar, but a lot harder and in my book better than RS.

THE JAM - Classic UK punk/mod band. They never really got too big here in the US. Great stuff though.

RUNNING LIKE THIEVES - These cats from NY play a blend of fast hardcore and Sabbath-style hard rock. No one here will probably like them. (ex- BOLD and Supertouch if that means anything to you) www.livewire-records.com has a couple mp3s

AIR - Moody electronic stuff from France. I'm not into all of their stuff, but Moon Safari, Premier Symptoms, and the song Playground Love from the Virgin Suicides soundtrack are all excellent.

INTERPOL - NYC band that plays mod-style rock. I guess they can be comparable to the Strokes, but I think they're way better. Joy Division meets Coldplay would be my best attempt at describing their sound.

THE EXPLOSION - Awesome Boston punk rock band. Their shows are hellafun and their records are sooo damn good, especially Flash, Flash, Flash. I think they just signed to a major so keep an eye out for them.

DALEK - Noisy, dark, and moody underground hip hop from Newark, New Jersey. I don't really know too much about them or how available their stuff is, so just go download From Filthy Tongue of Gods & Griots from Soulseek if this sounds like your thing. It's good shit.

t.A.T.u. - Oh wait...

thegurgi
28-09-2003, 00:09
can anyone recommend a good band from Italy that is done in Italian? I'm very interested in getting some Italian music... Modern... rock. Something that represents the Italian flavor and feelings. i dunno if you get that. but... yeah ITALIAN. haha.

Mossopp
28-09-2003, 12:09
Originally posted by thegurgi
can anyone recommend a good band from Italy that is done in Italian? I'm very interested in getting some Italian music... Modern... rock.

Lacuna Coil are Italian.
I can't think of any others right now... :ithink:

cirrus
28-09-2003, 21:42
Originally posted by Disengage
AIR - Moody electronic stuff from France. I'm not into all of their stuff, but Moon Safari, Premier Symptoms, and the song Playground Love from the Virgin Suicides soundtrack are all excellent.

INTERPOL - NYC band that plays mod-style rock. I guess they can be comparable to the Strokes, but I think they're way better. Joy Division meets Coldplay would be my best attempt at describing their sound.

:done: Interpol's great. I thought they were one of those indie-newyork-overrated-overhyped type bands but they're not! very cool.

I'd also have to recommend Unkle or DJ Shadow. Unkle has a new album - Never Never Land - and it sounds great. Good mix of styles and samples.

This past weekend I saw Delerium in concert and damn, it was a great show. Most people know them from "Silence" with Sarah McLachlan. They do ambient pop nowadays, but they had more industrial roots. Nice music, though sometimes it's too pretty.

ypsidan04
29-09-2003, 01:27
Trapt (http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1098595)

Switchfoot (http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1031091)

Maroon 5 (http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1098353)

spyretto
05-10-2003, 02:02
hmm, I'd recommend some Greek rock bands but they're Greek and I'm Greek...not so seriously, what's the deal with The Darkness I've no idea. Are they a retro parody hard rock band? is it really them or are they an alter ego of Gareth Gates? But then they top the charts in the UK , which I find utterly bizarre. Would somebody please explain that to me cause I'm a little dumb? ;)

thegurgi
05-10-2003, 18:22
spyretto, PLEASE! Give me some Greek Rock Bands! I LOVE IT!!! < gets excited thinking of greek rock >

Mossopp
05-10-2003, 20:09
Originally posted by spyretto
what's the deal with The Darkness I've no idea. Are they a retro parody hard rock band? is it really them or are they an alter ego of Gareth Gates? But then they top the charts in the UK , which I find utterly bizarre. Would somebody please explain that to me cause I'm a little dumb? ;)

The Darkness are utter genius! There's nothing else to explain. :D

goku
05-10-2003, 20:15
Coldplay is soothing, but Millencolin is incredible beyond belief.

spyretto
06-10-2003, 03:28
The Darkness are utter genius! There's nothing else to explain.

sorry, I just don't get the joke...Fast Food Rockers are geniuses too, I suppose? ;)

thegurgi r u jokin' mii? ok, well, anyway, here are the better ones:

Xylina Spathia, Trypes, Endelexeia, Ypogeia Revmata, Diafana Krina, Dimitriadis, Onar, De Facto, Famellos, Ble, Xaxakes etc.

There are a lot more :D ( I hope you weren't joking :gigi: )

DanteInferno knows more..oh and also Mikro, Stereo Nova

EeZeReal
06-10-2003, 13:31
Fast Food Rockers are geniuses too, I suppose?

Got that right :done: :D

kishkash
06-10-2003, 18:20
And i also really like Coldplay... long before they were popular everywhere else

<-- gets to see them tonight..im SOOO EXCITED! I never thought that i'd come to like them nearly as much as i have!

*feels bad she didn't know about them a long time ago like THEgurgi* :D

Mossopp
06-10-2003, 18:47
Originally posted by spyretto
...Fast Food Rockers are geniuses too, I suppose? ;)

No! The Fast Food Rockers should be taken out into the street and shot!
:bebebe:

EeZeReal
06-10-2003, 20:03
The Fast Food Rockers should be taken out into the street and shot!

How dare you speak such blasphemy :eek:

Smile please ;)

DAZ
08-10-2003, 18:35
You're right.The Fast Food Rockers shouldn't be shot.
They should be thrown off a cliff...
Then shot:heh:
As for The Darkness i was gonna recommend them but chose The Wildhearts instead.
They are just brilliant.The reason they and a lot of bands like that are getting popular again is because a lot of people are fed up with Nu-Metal like Limp Bizkit etc and would rather listen to some pompous rock like The Darkness or Andrew W.K
This is just my view of it right enough.
As long as Prety Boy Floyd and Tigertailz don't come back we'll be fine.

taty994945
12-10-2003, 10:36
anyone here like hilary duff?
the songs "why not?" "so yesterday" and "the math" are quite good.

taty994945
17-10-2003, 07:55
btw i was being sarcastic. maybe :gigi:

EeZeReal
17-10-2003, 13:55
btw i was being sarcastic.

Pfffft don't lie now... ;)

kishkash
17-10-2003, 14:08
LOL

*snaps fingers and sings*
If it's ooooover let it go and
Come tomoooorrow it will seem
Soooo yesterday Soooo yesterday
I'm just a bird thats already flown away

That should win the Swiss Cheese Award :none:

EeZeReal
17-10-2003, 14:14
*Joins crazy Karenette*

Laugh it off, Let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
Soooooo yesterday
Soooooo yesterday
Haven't you heard you're sooooooo (yesterday)

:rolleyes: :spy:

Wow...where am I? :hmmm:

kishkash
17-10-2003, 14:20
Wow...where am I?
LOLlololol :D

*hugs crazy Philbert* OMG lol...i've ALWAYS wanted to see u sing Hilary Duff ...

EeZeReal
17-10-2003, 14:32
OMG lol...i've ALWAYS wanted to see u sing Hilary Duff

HAHA :D Well now its done, its not gonna happen again :p

I may take special requests though ;)

*Leaves thread signing.. hey hey im not giving up, no
I'm gonna stand up and shout it
oh no way im not stocking up or backing out or cracking up without
I'm workin it out*

*Shifty eyes*

*Wonders what he's been smoking* :bum:

taty994945
17-10-2003, 14:53
seems everyone knows the words....

EeZeReal
17-10-2003, 14:58
Yup...She's just THAT good... :laugh:

cirrus
17-10-2003, 17:32
"the math" :D WTF?

Sorry, I don't know the words to "So Yesterday." Guess I'm not cool enough.

*Runs away to take a crazy chance! Do a crazy dance!*

Mossopp
17-10-2003, 18:09
Seems like we have a few closet Hilary Duff fans here... :spy:
You people should be ashamed of yourselves!

EeZeReal
17-10-2003, 18:14
Closet fans?? :eek:

Where, where, I see none :dknow:

She was on TRL the other day..I wish I knew prior to that day, I could have taken a little trip LOL :rolleyes: :D

kishkash
17-10-2003, 18:21
Originally posted by Mossopp
Seems like we have a few closet Hilary Duff fans here... :spy:
You people should be ashamed of yourselves!

HELL NO! she's the coolest 12 year old i've eva heard of. ALL THAT TALENT... :rolleyes:

taty994945
19-10-2003, 09:40
just remembered, hilary duff introduced tatu @ the MTV movie awards! :done:

Mossopp
19-10-2003, 12:45
Oh yeah, you're right. Sorry, I was too busy staring at Amanda Bynes to notice! :D

taty994945
19-10-2003, 13:03
I never stare at young girls :lalala:

edit- hilary duff is in sydney at this very moment!! she just presented an award at the australian music awards.
*puts on his stalking cap* :gigi:

teeny
04-11-2003, 00:36
I would recommend danish band Kashmir. Reasons for doing so:
1: bands like suede and Michael Learns To Rock don't need promotion
2: They're danes
3: They're worth promoting
4: they sing in English

Videos (and more info) can be found at: http://www.kashmir.dk/gallery.php I would recommend "Rocket Brothers" the most

madeldoe
04-11-2003, 00:46
Originally posted by kishkash
HELL NO! she's the coolest 12 year old i've eva heard of. ALL THAT TALENT... :rolleyes:

LOL..yea shes a cool kid and correction shes 15..:lalala:

kishkash
04-11-2003, 00:54
Originally posted by nataku
LOL..yea shes a cool kid and correction shes 15..:lalala:

errr...*cough* i dunno how to break this to u gently...but i was trying to make a point...the comment was brimming with sarcasm and other such hidden meanings :none:

its otay tho...u'll get it someday :D :rose:

madeldoe
04-11-2003, 00:59
yea well..shes still 15!!! :bebebe:

goku
04-11-2003, 02:30
Awesome band:
Millencolin
I've been a fan since the beginning, when I saw them in concert in Sweden.

XSpex
19-11-2003, 06:01
I'd recommend two bands
The first one is Vinky (or винкы), they are from Ukraine, are gothic with powerful female vocals, I love them
Vinky's Official Site (http://www.gothic.com.ua/vinky/)
and you can hear them here
Vinky - Choven (http://prixod.kiev.ua/downloads/mp3/vinki - choven.mp3)

The other band is from Iceland, Mum
I found this link interesting and the site includes some mp3's
Mum's Unofficial site (http://www.noisedfisk.com/mumweb/)

prostrel
19-11-2003, 23:29
Ber-Linn (Бер-Линн), a Russian rock/punk band. Thеir album V.P.N.S. (В.П.Н.С.)
Guitars, listen to guitars! And drums...
My favorites songs:
Настя
Снова ночь
Миллионер
В.П.Н.С.

http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=17948&sku=32877

goku
19-11-2003, 23:33
DetSl (ДеЦл) is a Russian rapper. Haha, he's about all we've got, but his music videos are pretty funny. You don't have to like rap to like ДеЦл.

http://www.detsl-rap.com/