PDA

View Full Version : Country Quiz

Uhaku
27-08-2003, 08:55
Take Country Quiz (http://bluepyramid.org/ia/cquiz.htm)

You're Madagascar!
Lots of people don't really know anything about you, making you
buried treasure of the rarest kind.  You love nature, and could get lost in it
whenever possible.  You're remote and exotic, and the few people who know you
value whatever they share with you a great deal.  For some reason, you really
like the word "lemur"

rylettia
27-08-2003, 09:33
You're China!
Big and powerful, you have a long history behind you with more good and bad than you care to remember, or are really capable of remembering. Lately, in older age, you've gotten sort of crochety and even mean-spirited. There is still a lot that's beautiful about you, but most of the focus people have when they think about you is how hard it is to work with you. There's hope that you might start opening up to people, but lots of people have bumper stickers about how much you should change.

Lol, fluke that I'm Chinese?

XtremeHollywood
27-08-2003, 09:40
You're Ireland!

Mystical and rain-soaked, you remain mysterious to many people, and this makes you intriguing. You also like a good night at the pub, though many are just as worried that you will blow up the pub as drink your beverage of choice.You're good with words, remarkably lucky, and know and enjoy at least fifteen ways of eating a potato. You really don't like snakes.

febrika
27-08-2003, 09:55
You're the Falkland Islands!
You're pretty insignificant in the big picture, but when you have influence, it affects the most important people in your world. Sadly, you don't have much of a will or voice of your own, and it's hard to develop it when your big aspirations are to live on a farm. Your emotional life is stormy and windswept, but you have a few close friends that follow you like, well, sheep.

LooL sheep?

freddie
27-08-2003, 11:05
You're Vietnam!
After years of muddling through on your own, you've finally repaired yourself to a point of respectability. You would have been much better off had people you didn't like not kept insisting on spending so much time with you. But those times are fading quickly and these days you're pretty sure you won't get burned. Star power!

LOL. I knew it! :D

madeldoe
27-08-2003, 11:15
You're Sudan!
Every time you get a headache, you reach for some aspirin, only to realize that someone destroyed it. That's just how things are going for you right now... it's hard to eat, hard to sleep, hard to not have a headache. You try to relax, but people always jump on you about something that doesn't make sense. If you were a goat, you'd be a Nubian.

so thaaats why i have this horrid case of insomnia...(3am and still wide awake) pffft.. :rolleyes: though i used to have a neighbor who had a goat..

denial
27-08-2003, 11:23
You're Iraq!
An outcast from all you meet, you have very few friends who haven't later backstabbed you in some way or another. And you've made your share of mistakes... a little torture, a little coercion, a little stealing, it was all part of a day's work. It's hard to say if it deserves the kind of treatment you're getting now, though. When people look for someone to point to with a worse life than they have, they think of you first.

~~~~~~~~

.........I am speechless...at this moment...

madeldoe
27-08-2003, 11:28
awwww...there there missis D *pats denials back* atleast theres room for improvement? :laugh:

denial
27-08-2003, 11:34
nataku, awww.. you're so sweet .. thank you .. :rose: ]<-- with anxtrax!

taty994945
27-08-2003, 11:47
You're Swaziland!
Small but sturdy, you've maintained your identity in a world where no one takes you seriously. You refuse to be absorbed into any larger social group or category, no matter how influential they seem to be. This gives you an individual flair that captivates the very few who know you. Machine guns make you really nervous.

where is swaziland? lol

PowerPuff Grrl
27-08-2003, 13:17
where is swaziland? lol

It's in South Africa. A country within another country.

Oooookay there, this is weird!

You're Canada!
People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've got a much better life than they do. In fact, they're probably just jealous. You believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not dying in the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself and others. If it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be the perfect person.

And what exactly is wrong with liking hockey, eh?

taty994945
27-08-2003, 13:32
hhmmm learn something new everyday! thanksPowerPuff Grrl...strange how everyone got all diffrent countries so far.

prostrel
27-08-2003, 14:16
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl

You're Canada!
People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've got a much better life than they do. In fact, they're probably just jealous. You believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not dying in the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself and others. If it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be the perfect person.

And what exactly is wrong with liking hockey, eh? [/B]

There`s nothing wrong with liking hockey! :flag:
I was Canada too.

coolasfcuk
27-08-2003, 14:55
and here comes.... France :laugh: ah hahahha - too funny for me

You're France!
Most people think you're snobby, but it's really just that you're better than everyone else. At least you're more loyal to the real language, the fine arts, and the fine wines than anyone else. You aren't worth beans in a fight, unless you're really short, but you're so good at other things that it usually doesn't matter. Some of your finest works were intended to be short-term projects.

'You're better than anyone else' :yes: ha ha
My finest works were indeed intended to be short term projects.... and beware - I am short, so I kick a$$ in fights :gigi:

jellyjoker
27-08-2003, 15:49
You're Greenland!
While many people think you're a warmish person, you're actually really cold and forbidding. In fact, you're downright frigid, and you demand that people be tough if they're going to hang out with you. Despite this rocky personality, you still yearn for more independence than you have, and respect is hard to get even though you have a hard time just surviving day to day. Of all the pastries in the world, you could live without any more danishes.

LenochkaO
27-08-2003, 15:54
Snorkalicious, Uhaku - nice one!

You're Thailand!
Calmer and more staunchly independent than almost all those around you, you have a long history of rising above adversity. Recent adversity has led to questions about your sexual promiscuity and the threat of disease, but you still manage to attract a number of tourists and admirers. And despite any setbacks, you can really cook a good meal whenever it's called for. Good enough to make people cry.

EeZeReal
27-08-2003, 16:14
You're Togo!
Small, quiet, and very insecure, you could hide in just about any crowd. Even a crowd of one or two people. Even though you're virtually anonymous anywhere you go, you could have been wealthy if people hadn't mistreated you and taken your money. This is probably most of why you're insecure. But some people who study you hard think you're cute, so maybe you should try to open up a little.

Haha.... :rolleyes:

poppy
27-08-2003, 16:27
You're Brazil!
You're athletic, charming, and probably a good dancer. Unfortunatley, you don't really mind chopping down the rain forest, and you probably consider homeless people expendable in certain circumstances. Of course, your personality is so diverse that it's hard to track down exactly what you're like. You definitely like Pele, the World Cup, and shouting "gooooal" at the top of your lungs.

hmmmm!? :cool: ha, at least i can dance!

Charles
27-08-2003, 16:55
Most of these "what X are you" quizes are score based (so many points for each answer). This one is a binary tree structure: each answer leads to a different following question. With the final question deciding between two countries.

coolasfcuk
27-08-2003, 17:17
Charles, of course... but it is fun to participate, esp when there are bunch of us. More fun to see what everyone else got, then actually myself :gigi:

I tried all possible answers later, trying to get my country, but..... they only have few available, because they dont have that many questions :eek: so no BG... no Russia either heeeeeeeee

luxxi
27-08-2003, 18:23
You're India!
A great thinker and leader, you have a great deal of power despite being really poor. You like movies, cows, and you probably are a vegetarian and may even be a pacifist. You've probably been moving away from pacifism lately, though, as you get more and more defensive that everyone around you is trying to hurt you. How about a nice game of chess?

They got almost everything right. Only I'm not thinker, leader, powerfull, vegetarian, pacifist and don't play chess. :D

Tom Violence
27-08-2003, 19:37
What a bag of wank. I could hardly have had a less cool answer:

You're the United Nations!
Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result. But your heart is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York.

It's not even a flipping country! Pah. A pox on somebody or other.

PowerPuff Grrl
27-08-2003, 20:09
Damn straight prostel!
Hockey is great and noble sport, there is no shame in loving hockey... except if you're a Leafs fan, then you should be very, very much ashamed.

and beware - I am short, so I kick a$$ in fights

I was always under the impression that tall people kicked ass in fights. Ah well, like taty994945 said, you learn something everyday.

As for not having enough countries, I think this quiz has plenty but not all. I'm surprised that it includes all sorts of obscure nations from Africa, Asia, S. America, and Europe. And btw, it does have Russia, it even has the Soviet Union for some strange reason.

uhaku, thanks a bunch for the quiz!

johnbush
27-08-2003, 20:42
You're Bhutan!
With the body of a gnat and the mind of a dragon, you are a bundle of energy. You enjoy mountain-climbing, rock-climbing, stair-climbing, pretty much any kind of climbing you can manage. This has lifted you into the clouds in more than one way, helping you achieve some inner peace above the fray of madness all around you. People would seek you out for advice if they could ever find you.

Google tells me that: Bhutan is a country nestled in the eastern Himalayas. But of course I already knew that... ;)

cool quiz, uhaku :)

cirrus
27-08-2003, 21:38
You're Mexico!

While some people think you're poor and maybe a little corrupt, you know where it's at, enjoying good food and nice beaches. You like to take things a little slower than those around you, and you really wish the air were cleaner, but sometimes compromises must be made. For some reason, Chevrolet keeps trying to sell you Novas as well, even though they don't really go.

That sounds kinda like Poland, so I'm happy.

coolasfcuk
27-08-2003, 21:46
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
I was always under the impression that tall people kicked ass in fights. Ah well, like taty994945 said, you learn something everyday.

Jokeful comment on what it said about 'France' people - they were referring to Napoleon Bonaparte ;) but we, short people, do kick a$$ :yes:

And btw, it does have Russia, it even has the Soviet Union for some strange reason.

puffffff, must've not played long enough with those answers :gigi: so someone c'mon be Eastern European country (besides Poland)- I wanna see what stereotypes they listed :cool:

haku
27-08-2003, 22:19
Well, this quizz may not be so stereotyped because i'm France! LMFAO :D

Most people think you're snobby, but it's really just that you're better than everyone else. _At least you're more loyal to the real language, the fine arts, and the fine wines than anyone else. You aren't worth beans in a fight, unless you're really short, but you're so good at other things that it usually doesn't matter. Some of your finest works were intended to be short-term projects.

I don't drink wine though, and i communicate more in English than French actually. :rolleyes:

zebu
27-08-2003, 23:40
You're France!
Most people think you're snobby, but it's really just that you're better than everyone else. At least you're more loyal to the real language, the fine arts, and the fine wines than anyone else. You aren't worth beans in a fight, unless you're really short, but you're so good at other things that it usually doesn't matter. Some of your finest works were intended to be short-term projects.

goku
27-08-2003, 23:52
Wow, the thing was right! (well the country was. I don't agree with anything it said.)

You're Russia!
You don't expect much out of life and, in return, life doesn't give you much. You probably drink too much, you go back and forth about religion, about war and peace, about just about everything. This isn't your fault, though, you're not indecisive so much as oppressed. Don't worry, though, it could always be worse than it is. You could be stuck on Mir.

ypsidan04
28-08-2003, 02:33
You're Thailand!

Calmer and more staunchly independent than almost all those around you, you have a long history of rising above adversity. Recent adversity has led to questions about your sexual promiscuity and the threat of disease, but you still manage to attract a number of tourists and admirers. And despite any setbacks, you can really cook a good meal whenever it's called for. Good enough to make people cry.

Doesn't sound a whole lot like me, but that's not real surprising.

coolasfcuk
28-08-2003, 02:39
Originally posted by goku
You're Russia!

Finally someone from Eastern Europe ! :done: quite the stereotyping someone had to do for that quiz - pretty close to what I expected for EastEuro, even a little 'milder' :laugh:

karxwp
28-08-2003, 07:11
strange thing :P

You're Fiji!
As calm, relaxed, and removed from life as they come, you're just so chilled out, it hurts people to see you. Everyone aspires to be where you are, but most of them just can't put their stress away. Little do they know that even you sometimes have inner turmoil and struggles! For the most part, though, it's sun and fun for you, and that's the way you like it. It's just sort of hard to get things done with all that partying.

0newinged
28-08-2003, 07:55
You're Bangladesh!
Everyone else keeps eating your food, and as a result it seems like you're starving all the time. Your life is just flooded with problems, and you're pretty sure that everything would be easier if half the people you knew just went away. Unfortunately, they're hungry too, so they might go away in a way you don't want. George Harrison's music becoming wildly popular may be your only hope, but even he's gone away now.

Lux
28-08-2003, 08:40
apparently i'm Greenland. Gah! couldnt care less if i'm cold and forbidding!! i lub dem wool sweaters. at least i have internet.

*thud*

taty994945
28-08-2003, 12:02
any germans yet? germany is my favourite country...ya

la aurora
28-08-2003, 21:25
You're Lebanon!
Your room's a mess. љYour house is a mess. љHeck, your life
is a mess. љIt all used to be really beautiful, and someone even compared you to Paris
once, but that's all been replaced with heartache and struggle. љYou're small, have been influenced by outsiders for too long, and don't know what to think about religion. љAt
least you smell rather pleasant!

:lol: uhaku, where did u find it?

my room is a mess? why the hell should u tell it to everyone?!!
*tries to cover the screen with her body to hide the view of her room from everybody's eyes*
it's not mmme... i went to the kitchen and something happened here while i was missing... a huricane may be... erghm... i'll clean up this place in some minutes... don't look at me like this!

Uhaku
29-08-2003, 02:14
sunny, i got the link from my friend. She got United Nations. Lol. (((laughing my head off))) Sorry, but yours seemed a little too funny. Don't! Hit ... me ... -_-'

Strangely, I was born in Thailand, but I'm nothing like the description. I seriously hate cooking. Maybe that's why I didn't get that result.

thegurgi
29-08-2003, 02:48
You're EAST TIMOR:

You're small and lonely and have finally gotten free of a very bad
situation. &nbsp;It seems like everyone was willing to rescue you, though the wait was
excrutiating for everyone to wake up and set you free. &nbsp;Now you're still lonely,
but happier in the loneliness since you never really liked people to begin with.
&nbsp;And people respect you more than you really think they should, using you as an
example for what they hope to accomplish

WOOO! I'm the NEWBIE! Take THAT Indonesia!

:: would anyone be scared that i actually knew where East Timor was and that i even know it's capital, Dili. Why? Because it's my favorite Capital Name EVER. Dili <---hehe. I also have known where all the other small countries are, because i'm what you all call a GEOGRAPHY DORK! and i'm not ashamed to proclaim it!

I'M A GEOGRAPHY DORK!

that's all i have to say ::

...edit: I ruined another thread didn't i? with my odd proclamation

lolitagirl
05-10-2003, 07:08
i am brazil

Devilish Yulia
05-10-2003, 07:21
You're Thailand!

OMG! dat is where my parents come from!

You're Brazil!
You're athletic, charming, and probably a good dancer. Unfortunatley, you don't really mind chopping down the rain forest, and you probably consider homeless people expendable in certain circumstances. Of course, your personality is so diverse that it's hard to track down exactly what you're like. You definitely like Pele, the World Cup, and shouting "gooooal" at the top of your lungs.

YEAH! go brazil!!!!!!!!!! wow amazing how much it descirbes me! :D

raven ryuu
05-10-2003, 08:11
You're Cambodia!
Life's been really rough, but it's slowly improving. You know way too much about the skeletal structure of humans, mostly from being forced to study it. This has given you a fear of many things, most especially the color red. The future has to be more promising though, and your greatest adversary can now never come back to hurt you any more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm...maybe I should retake this thing. I wasn't forced to study human anatomy...I enjoyed what I learned from it. Wait...maybe it's sort of right, 'cause it is a requirement in studying nursing...
I'm not a hypochondriac :p And I do not fear blood, or the color red.
My greatest adversary? Wonder who that can be? :dknow:

nath
05-10-2003, 17:50
You're the United Nations! ...:hmmm:..oops!....Where is it?...I can't find this country on a map!!:D

Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic :eek: as a result. But your heart is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York.

Denial ....I think we have a small problem together..hmm...Irak + United Nations...:rolleyes:....*coughs*..

rachelc
05-10-2003, 18:05
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
and here comes.... France :laugh: ah hahahha - too funny for me

'You're better than anyone else' :yes: ha ha
My finest works were indeed intended to be short term projects.... and beware - I am short, so I kick a$$ in fights :gigi:

Bastard! I wanted to be France! And I ended up the f**king Falkland Islands! What a stupid game! I'm not playing!

taty994945
05-10-2003, 18:15
its not so bad....:D

thegurgi
05-10-2003, 18:17
Originally posted by raven ryuu
You're Cambodia!
Life's been really rough, but it's slowly improving. You know way too much about the skeletal structure of humans, mostly from being forced to study it. This has given you a fear of many things, most especially the color red. The future has to be more promising though, and your greatest adversary can now never come back to hurt you any more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm...maybe I should retake this thing. I wasn't forced to study human anatomy...I enjoyed what I learned from it. Wait...maybe it's sort of right, 'cause it is a requirement in studying nursing...
I'm not a hypochondriac :p And I do not fear blood, or the color red.
My greatest adversary? Wonder who that can be? :dknow:

Actually, this whole thing is speaking about Pol Pot and Kyhmer Rouge Party that controlled Cambodia in the late 70's. Pol Pot killed almost half the population of Cambodia during his reign. And had rooms filled with bones and stuff. Kymher ROUGE <--rouge = red.

YAY! HISTORY LESSON!

you may continue

elf
05-10-2003, 18:52
You're Russia!
You don't expect much out of life and, in return, life doesn't give you much. You probably drink too much, you go back and forth about religion, about war and peace, about just about everything. This isn't your fault, though, you're not indecisive so much as oppressed. Don't worry, though, it could always be worse than it is. You could be stuck on Mir.

You're the United States of America!
You were probably a big bully in school, and odds are that you're still a big bully. You make promises that you break, you manipulate everyone around you, and you're awfully materialistic. On the other hand, you're pretty inventive and have a really good sense of justice. You just never get around to applying the idea of justice to yourself. Incredible potential remains yours to take advantage of.

But really, I'm SWEDEN!!!
You're Sweden!
After years of trying to rule the world around you, you've finally put aside violence in favor of advocating peaceful resolution. There's still a little Viking in you, but mostly you like Nobel Prize winners and long nights by the fire. And safe cars. You always read the safety manual in airplanes, and you're just a little cold.

skye
05-10-2003, 19:19
elf, you done the quiz three times :confused: oh..what the matter with your country :confused: :(
and what does Viking mean :confused:

haku
05-10-2003, 19:46
Originally posted by skye
what does Viking mean
Vikings were people. :)

Vikings are the ancestors of the people of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, their original homeland.

Vikings also settled in Normandy (yep, i'm a Viking descendant! :) ), Iceland, the north of England, Greenland, New Found Land, Sicily, and even the south of Russia.

taty994945
05-10-2003, 19:48
walhalla!

spyretto
06-10-2003, 02:50
I'm Cambodia??

jeez...how many of those third-world countries do they have there?

ok, now, i don't know much about Watergate so lets say it wasn't Nixon, it was Kissinger :D

You're Chile!
You're really skinny, and kind of bumpy in frame, but you're not as rough a person as you used to be. You like long, long, long walks on the beach and avoiding having your rights violated, just like anybody else does. You're even willing to stand up to those with more power and influence than you, trying to bring them to justice. Fight the man!

More like it...Viva La Revolucion!

elf
06-10-2003, 04:24
Originally posted by skye
elf, you done the quiz three times :confused: oh..what the matter with your country :confused: :(
and what does Viking mean :confused:

The original result of my quiz (and the real one) is Sweden. but I decided to play around and see if I could get Russia and USA. Turns out they are quite close on the answer tree :)

As haku said, Vikings are scandinavian ancestors. They are famous for their long beards, good ship-building skills and frequent raids on villages and cities. Their main weapon was battle-axe. They are also sometimes given a credit for discovering America.

skye
06-10-2003, 14:23
elf, so only the last one is accurate to you :p ;) :coctail: you shouldn't had have known the answer before doing the test :p
and thanks for explaining :)

kishkash
06-10-2003, 14:47
WTF...bloody hell. Im starting to NOT like these quiz things LOL

You're Thailand!

haku
06-10-2003, 15:46
Originally posted by kishkash
you still manage to attract a number of tourists and admirers.
Well, maybe one of those admirers will buy you a Rolls, because me too poor for that! :D LOL

kishkash
06-10-2003, 16:21
Well, maybe one of those admirers will buy you a Rolls, because me too poor for that! LOL

sheesh [kabob] I'd BETTER get a Rolls if i cook THAT well ;)

Dent
07-10-2003, 06:41
Ireland???

Bah, i donґt even drink iikes.

Cya

Dent :cool:

thegurgi
07-10-2003, 17:05
< thegurgi looks at people's comments >

You know, you can find something great about every country on this list.

Like KishKash, did you know that Thailand, and the country it borders called Myanmar or Burma has a rather abundent supply of Rubies? And Ireland isn't all about Drinking, they have a wonderfully rich history and the Irish people are hard workers who can make it through horrible times < especially the irish that came to the America's in 1800's who were treated like disposable >

Hrmm... what other countries have been deemed to good for other people... And Spyretto, CAMBODIA is NOT a 3rd world country. And once had to fight off one of the worst acts of Genocide in the world [3rd to Hitler and Stalin], and was even a threat to the US at one time.

< thegurgi shuts up > I like the whole world and wish to one day visit every country and discover something great about them all... except maybe someparts of Africa, where i could be killed just for stepping onto their soil < cough cough > Libya.