PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Senses....

nath
23-08-2003, 13:17
Let's talk about Senses!

On this forum, we evoked the senses many times:
*Hearing: with all our Stars Singers,
*Sight: : with all these marvellous pics of tatu and yourselves, your wallpapers...:dead:
*Odorat: we know now which are your preferred perfumes...:rose:

...so..let's talk now...about the *taste......No!!!:no:.... I don't speak about the kiss in ATTSS!!!!...Small Insanes!...no comments Denial!.....so taste...hummmmm..:rolleyes:.I adore this kind of kissing..*nathalie gives herself a slap on the cheek*:hmmm:...sorry..hmm...

We live all of the different countries, under different climates and we have different traditions....
So, as I am greedy and as I think that to eat formes part of the great moments of pleasure of the life, I said myself that we could perhaps discover the different countries' "texts of kitchen" : recipes(.. it's to know how to do the food..with proportions, ingredients..)
Each one can send here a RECIPE of what he/she eats usually or a typical , traditionnal RECIPE of his/her country........hmmmmm......It smells good!!!!.....taste or odorat?..:grustno:

LenochkaO
23-08-2003, 16:38
Originally posted by nathalie

So, as I am greedy and than I think that to eat formed part of the great moments of pleasure of the life, I said myself that [b]we could perhaps discover the different countries' "texts of kitchen" (i don't know the name...you know it's in a "Cookery Book" : it's to know how to do the food..with proportions, ingredients..)
Each one can send here a "text ???" (please help me to find this word: in french "Recette de Cuisine"..I'll edit it after) of what he/she eats usually or a typical , traditionnal "text???food" of his/her country...

Je crois que tu cherches le mot "recipe", Nathalie... :)

I shall post a recipe from Wales sometime, but not tonight - I need my beauty sleep...

Lцfberg
23-08-2003, 20:49
Tellement loin de ce monde! (From Kent song FF, which stands for french fucker.) ;)

denial
23-08-2003, 21:22

...so..let's talk now...about the *taste......No!!!:no:.... I don't speak about the kiss in ATTSS!!!!...Small Insanes!...no comments Denial!.....so taste...hummmmm..:rolleyes:.I adore this kind of kissing..*nathalie gives herself a slap on the cheek*:hmmm:...sorry..hmm...

Post edited :none:

back to topic:
taste ... do you like spicy food?

QueenBee
23-08-2003, 21:32
taste ... do you like spicy food?
*Raises hand* Me loves spicy food. I know that question was probably directed to nathalie, but still. ;) Me loves spicy food.

I don't know which recipe to post, Swedish or Polish. I might post both but I really don't know how to cook and I don't have any recipes.. Heh... :hmmm:

nath
24-08-2003, 01:03
thanks a lot LenochkaO for the word and Loftberg for your perfect french....
Denial , little girl, how could you say such HORRIBLE things!....no poesie...just biology...arwwww.... ;)
Yes I love spicy food ..do you have a recipe , please?..Send it, send it!.....

Little Denial...the Both please..!!.....I'll put all your flags in my kitchen when I'll do your recipes!

So if you want to see your country's flag in my french kitchen, send recipe!....But if i'm ill after..take care..bad mood in the post..lol....

goku
24-08-2003, 01:31
Haha.. I also speak French.. I want the recipe!

Umm I like all sorts of food, like everything.. International and traditional Russian..
And the more spice the better!:)

Pop!
24-08-2003, 03:55
Are there any? I think everything we have here is flogged off other countries. lol
The only Australian 'recipe' i can think of is slappin some vegemite on a slice of bread and shovin it in ur gob. :dknow:

Hey i thought of something! Do any Aussies here have a recipe for pavlova!? Thats from Oz right?

denial
24-08-2003, 15:19
nathalie, seriously .. I am thinking about a my favorite foods here .. there are two ..

-ketam masak lemak - crabs cooked with coconut milk and somehow its end up the souce become yellow. (spicy better .. you it eat with rice :liplick: ) .. *thinking about cholestrol level and fat in crabs* .. :hmmm:

-laksa- umm..ur .. its something like spaghetti- but its white made from flour .. ur.. rice flour (I think :rolleyes: ).. and the souce is made from crashed fish. - LOL LOL

...ur in sudden ... I am hungry :hmmm: ...I know the recipe but ... I need a good translator.. english .. or maybe French to help translate it for you.. other wise .. I dont dare to do this myself .. I dont want you to be :ill: or :bum: or worst :dead: ... I'll check with my friend tomorrow at work ok .. :heh:

QueenBee
24-08-2003, 15:31
ketam masak lemak - crabs cooked with coconut milk and somehow its end up the souce become yellow. (spicy better .. you it eat with rice ) .. *thinking about cholestrol level and fat in crabs*

Ooo I love coconut milk :) But crabs? Meh.. Not really..

raven ryuu
25-08-2003, 01:19
That's the best way to cook crabs -- in coconut milk! :yes:
I think many of the Chamorro traditional cuisines have spanish / mexican / filipino / and japanese influences. I think the only thing that is really Chamorro is a dish we call 'kelaguen'.
You could make it with fish, shrimp, chicken (most popular) and even SPAM (yes, that pink meat that Hormel makes in the can) :p
I shall look up a recipe for you Nath! :done:

QueenBee
25-08-2003, 16:13
Mmmm this is making me so hungry! :hmmm:

raven ryuu
26-08-2003, 03:56
this page has the recipe for chicken kelaguen:
http://chicken.allrecipes.com/AZ/KelaguenChicken.asp

I also like this site, which has more Chamorro recipes too:
http://www.guamdiner.com/recipe/list.php?category=12

Enjoy! :rose:

nath
02-09-2003, 20:27
Thanks a lot for your recipes Denial and Raven Ryuu!..i LOOOOOVVEEE CRAB.and SHRIMPS.I'll try to do them, i'll try to do them!....kisses...

A traditionnal french recipe:
Blanquette of veal (Blanquette de veau)
750 grams of calf chest or plate of veal. 75 grams of butter. 2 spoonfuls of flour. 10 small onions. 125 grams of Paris' mushrooms. Thyme and bay-tree. salt. pepper.

Put the pieces of calf in a pan and pour ebullient water above so that all is covered.
At the end of 20 minutes, withdraw the pieces of water, let drain them.
In a casserole, put butter; when it is molten, add the flour, mix with a wooden spoon but don't let turn russet, add 2 water glasses, salt, pepper and put thyme and bay-tree.
Add your pieces of calf and the small onions. Let cook 45 minutes with soft fire, put Paris'mushrooms then and let cook 15 more minutes.
At the time to be useful, add in sauce an egg yolk and a lemon juice. To be useful with rice.
Bon Appкtit!

Rachel
02-09-2003, 20:40
!..i LOOOOOVVEEE CRAB. LMAO!!! :D

Sorry, as you're not a native Englsh speaker you probably won't know what I'm laughing at! :rolleyes:

nath
02-09-2003, 20:43
But as i'm "native tatysite thinking and knowing You..I Love Yulia"....i could imagine the Worse!....lol..... ;) ...kiss
....in french the Good Pronunciation is "craBE".... ;)