PDA

View Full Version : Repent (new fic)

Kappa
22-07-2003, 07:44
I should post this at my website but I'm lazy. So sue me. :lol:

So, read and tell me what you guys think of it. Here goes three first chapters.

Repent ~ Chapter 1

As Yulia Volkova was taken into her cell for the first time ever, she wondered if her husband would have suffered this same luck, had he killed her and not the other way. A second of blind rage had taken her into what'd be her home for a lifetime. She didn't know if to feel happy that she had taken the abusive life of her husband, or miserable that she had been caught. Sitting over her new bed, with the few belongings that she had been told she could take into the prison, she looked around her.

She felt rather small next to the two huge female guards that guided her into it. Her jet-black hair was picked up with a small pinzer, that made her hair have the appearance of being slicked back.

Her bed was the lower bunker of one of two bunkers, each on the side of the cell, which wasn't exactly huge. A small desk with pencils in a pencil well and a few sheets of stained papers rested in the free corner, while in the other corner a mountain of clothes waiting to be taken to the laundry was bunched up. It was not what Yulia had lived in the past four years; but somehow she knew she wouldn't be as miserable as she had been while being a civilian and not a prisoner.

"Hey. Hey you."

Yulia felt she was being prodded. She opened her eyes, only to close them again because the light flooding the cell was blinding to them. She noticed six eyes staring at her. Four from the other lower bunker, two from her own.

The small brunette felt immediately invaded by this redhead who had climbed into her bed without her even noticing. The stranger had taken the liberty of placing her naked feet under Yulia's duvet, to keep them warm. Her fiery red, curly hair, was picked up in what Yulia suspected was at least fifty small braids, all hanging around her pale, freckle infested face.

"You must be the new inmate." The redhead said, staring back at Yulia's surprised factions.

"Yes, ah, I am…"

"Volkova." A blonde lazily resting against the last unknown woman, over the other bed, said without staring at her. "We know, Malina filled us in. Beshenyioangel here was only stating the obvious." She added, nodding in Beshenyioangel's direction.

"Sorry." Yulia answered.

"Don't be. A husbandkiller should never be ashamed." The last inmate, a slightly smaller than herself auburn-haired woman, said, leaving the blonde to crash down on the bed while climbing, monkey-like, to her own bunker.

Yulia's face instantly drained of all colour. "You know why I am here?"

"Why wouldn't we?" The auburn haired woman said. "Nothing to fear out of us, dear. I'm Mara." She stuck a hand out for Yulia to shake. When the brunette did, she shook her head violently. "No, no, not like a dead fish! Hold my hand like you mean it!" Yulia's face contorted into an embarrased gesture and she held Mara's hand with more strenght. "Good. And the dumb blonde in here…"

"I'm not dumb!"

"I doubt you're blonde, anyway," Mara said, laughing, "she's Alena." Alena flashed Yulia a peace sign before crashing down to bed and putting on some shades. Later on, Mara told Yulia that Alena couldn't sleep any other way.

Yulia stared at the redhead, who hadn't stopped staring at her even when she had been talking to her new cellmates, Yulia noticed. "And you're…?"

"You'll have to do with calling me Beshenyioangel. No one calls me by my name unless you've earned your right to do it." Said the redhead, her sober factions not changing one bit. Yulia felt a bit creeped out by the tone in which Beshenyioangel talked. The redhead, noticing Yulia hadn't moved one bit, said "goodnight" and climbed up to her bunker, leaving Yulia alone in her own bed.

There was something about that somber expression that both scared and thrilled Yulia. She could swear those gray eyes that had stared at her for god knows how much time before she woke up, had lightened up for a brief second before Beshenyioangel climbed over to bed.

She realized she had spent her nap with her hair picked up. She took the pinzer off, and after placing it carefully over the desk which was right behind her bed, she got inside the covers and waited for the lights-off call which she had been warned about.

Kappa
22-07-2003, 07:48
Repent ~ Chapter 2

Yulia had spent two months silently exploring the prison. Life wasn't bad here. It had been bad until her first beating. Now it was only mediocre. She needed something to do that wasn't stare at the other inmates while the shower hour dured, althought she did had fun getting off on the ones that were cute.

Mara and Alena had taken her under their wing and showed her most of the secrets to survive both the guards and the boring life in prison, as they also taught her to liven up. Yulia had discovered shower hour was the best time of the day, since she always took a quick bath and just spent the rest of the time comparing this girl to the other and laughing at Alena's lewd comments. She soon learned that no one would beat her here for desiring someone her same sex, since unless she wanted to bang a janitor, there wasn't anyone male in here. Yulia felt repulsion against men, anyway. Her marriage to her husband had been an arrangement. Her parents idea.

Beshenyioangel, Yulia soon learned, kept to herself even when she was the very much respected boss of the assasin block: she had somehow managed to convince the prison's directress to give her an own hour to shower, and no one from the assasin block had seen her au naturale

Rumour ran along the women in the block, until it reached Yulia's ears. Beshenyoangel had not only killed her husband but her only daughter too. Yulia didn't know how this was possible. The redhead seemed inofensive. Never talked unless it was to ask for more food, or to throw a smart assed remark at Yulia. Maybe a jerk, maybe an idiot, or maybe, just shy, but never a psycho.

"Bishal'chik has been in apelation from apelation ever since she came in here, and that's been 4 years." Mara commented, calling Beshenyoangel by the only other name she would let herself be called, and only by her closest friends. "This is the third apelation, asked by her husband's family."

Yulia raised an eyebrow at Mara while cleaning her sweat-stained shirt on the washer next to the shower rooms. "What's her sentence?"

"Which one should I tell you?" Mara shrugged, jumping over another washing stall, and sitting. "The first sentence sent her here with life sentence. The apelation that her lawyer made took her back to fifty years. Then he tried again and got her down to thirty, and that was two years ago. But now, her husband's family have presented evidence and they're doing another sentence, yet again. They always use different juries, so no fucking idea of what she's getting this time."

"Wait, evidence? Four years after murder?"

"Yeah. We all know they planted it, Yules. They want Bishal'chik locked up in here forever."

"Damn." Yulia hung her shoulders, shaking her wet shirt over the floor, trying to dry it up. "Why is Beshenyoangel so quiet?"

"Bishal'chik has always been quiet." Mara answered. "When I came to prison, Bishal'chik had been here for a year and a half, and she wasn't boss of the block yet. It was some psycho woman whose name was Milenko. She was on death row, because she had commited deliberate murder, in a park. Killed two boys and a coupla mothers, I heard. She seemingly wanted us all to die too: the former 'tradition' for the newbies was to be raped by Milenko and them monkeys of hers." She raised her shirt up to her ribs, where Yulia could appreciate a scar between her lower ribs. "Sadistical bitch."

"I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of glad I came into prison while Beshenyoangel is boss…"

"Believe me, you are LUCKY to come while she's on charge. She's harsh on the language when she wants to, but respects every inmate that deserves respect." Mara shrugged, smiling. "She can also be a sadistical bitch: she has beaten all the way into submission almost every rookie that doesn't respect her position. You should see how did she leave Alena when the poor girl came in and thought Bishal'chik was just another inmate."

Yulia shivered and silently thanked some superior force that she had landed on the same cell Mara was in: had she not known this, she would have been beaten before the first beating came. Her first beating hadn't been by the redhead: it had been given by the head guard, who had caught her stealing a pen from her desk. 'Exagerate reason to bang me naked against a wall and kick the crap out of me, but I guess that's how you learn around here…'

"What happened to Milenko?"

"Stole a guard's gun and blew her brains out. She didn't want to die on the chair."

"Wow."

"Yeah. After they cleaned up the mess, someone chalked 'Milenko's brains were here' on the wall of the mess hall, where she did it." Yulia laughed openly, bringing a grin to Mara's lips. "It's still there: the directress hated Milenko so much she decided to leave it there."

"Talk about public humiliation…"

"Post-mortum, at that…"

Both were silent for a minute.

"Why are you really here?" Mara asked.

"You already know it. I killed Aleksander." Yulia said, sighing and doubling up the shirt over her arm before Mara jumped off the stall.

"You're as innocent as a dead fly, Yules. You didn't do it on your own."

Yulia shook her head, sadly. "I thought Aleksander would be a good husband. He was. For a month." They walked into the cell and Yulia hung her dripping shirt from Beshenyoangel's bunker. "He started beating me some time after my parents arranged our marraige, and later on… it wasn't only physical. He would come home frustrated from work… and… forcefully take me…"

Mara hung her head, climbing up to her bunker. "You see? Men. Worse scum ever placed on earth. In a sense, if we're not in death row, we're better off here…"

Yulia sighed. "I got pregnant not a year ago, from all his abuse. Thought it would protect me from him hitting me." She sat on Mara's bunker, staring at her friend and cell mate. "When he knew, he called me a whore, acussed me from sleeping with other men, and gave me a beating so severe I lost the baby. That was when I lost it. I hated Aleksander with all I had in me." She gave the auburn haired woman a sad smirk. "The next time he tried to beat me up, it was in the kitchen, and he was yelling madly that I wasn't giving him enough of myself. I completely lost control of myself and threatened him with the knife I had in my hand."

Her cell mate stared at her with stern eyes. "But you really didn't want to kill him."

"No. I wanted to scare him as much as he scared me. I wanted him to fear me, only half of what I feared him." Another deep sigh. "He called me a coward, and told me I wouldn't do it. That I'd be his property forever. I couldn't stand it anymore. I am not sure of how many times I hit him with that knife."

"But sure as hell he deserved it."

"Volkova?"

Yulia looked at a girl not much older than herself, and even a bit shorter, who was beckoning with her finger for her to come. She left her book on the bunker and let herself be guided to the showers room. She did not know why did she was required there, but the girl just quietly pushed her inside the room and closed the door behind her.

She looked around herself. Her bare feet were in contact with the warm tiles, and she realized that not long ago someone had taken a bath, which was awkward because the hour to shower had passed half a day ago. A shower was running but she could see no one.

That until she felt herself being roughly pushed down into the wet tile. She tried to scream but a mouth quickly covered hers, and althought she did not know how, Yulia relaxed, her clenched hands softening their grip on the naked skin of her attacker. She opened her eyes.

Red braids. Lots of them.

She moaned as she felt a thigh sliding between her legs, the two hands that had pushed her down, now sure that she was not going to leave, trailing down to her oversized prison uniform pants and pulling them down before she could even gasp. Naked from the waist down, she felt suddenly self conscious, and closed her legs on the hand that neared her intimacy.

"Ow!"

Yulia's lip deformed into a straight line when she realized she had squashed Beshenyoangel's hand. She quickly opened her thighs and the offended hand left quickly. She expected to be screamed at by Beshenyoangel, kicked out of the bathroom and later on beaten by the redhead, but none of that happened. Instead, amused laughter reached her ears.

"What's your problem with hands?"

Yulia felt dumbstruck. Beshenyoangel had never laughed, at least not in her presence. And when she talked to her, at least one obsenity was interjected. And now that Yulia had panicked and forbid the redhead to do anything to her, her reaction was simply to laugh.

"You are clearly left for the psycho block."

"Yeah, you're not the first one to tell me so."

Yulia blushed and looked down to the wet tile. "You desire me."

"Yes I do."

"And why the hell did you not tell me before?!"

"To be honest, and seeing as you do nothing but 'simple motion' yourself at shower time, I decided that it would be hell funny if I did you here while you were completely unaware. But then, you decided to bruise my poor pleasuring hand…" Beshenyoangel grinned, crawling towards Yulia in a manner that made the poor brunette's skin crawl, "… anything that we do now will have to be performed by my tongue."

Beshenyoangel had kicked Mara and Alena out of the cell and had managed to convince a guard to lock them in so they could have some privacy. Yulia was rather wobbly legged after the braided redheaded had put her worldwide infamous tongue to use, so she had to be carried back to the cell on Beshenyoangel's back.

It was a hot afternoon and the inmates from their block had been allowed one hour to be in the patio. They had avoided it by being locked inside the cell. Yulia was staring sleepily at her capturator's and recently-acquired lover's back.

Beshenyoangel had turned her naked back on her as soon as she thought she was asleep. It was covered in freckles, an amazing, astounding, and actually ridiculous amount of them. But it was not that called to Yulia's attention. The redhead had a tattoo, unusual in women. This one could only make Yulia's imagination fly, so unusual it was.

"Beshenyoan--"

She thought the redhead was asleep, but that was before her bedmate turned on her back to put her hand on Yulia's mouth.

"Elena. Bishal'chik. No longer Beshenyo. Ok?"

Elena?

"Beshen-- Lena. It's a beautiful tattoo you've got in here."

Elena nodded. "It reminds me of how much humanity sucks." Said this, she placed a rough kiss over Yulia's lips, who by the time had gotten used to Elena's lack of tact, smiled sadly, and went back to her huddled position in bed.

Yulia was restless. She had been told it sometimes took years to crack Elena. In fact, Mara had told her that Alena would be beaten up by the redhead again if she ever called her anything more than Bishal'chik. Only Mara knew her real name.

She had done it in two months. And that tattoo?

She noticed Mara was peeking from the door of the cell.

"You guys sure kicked it off quickly." She joked.

Yulia smiled, partially covering herself with the bed's covers, which was not much because they were quite thin. "Her idea."

"Always her idea." Mara chuckled, shrugging, turning to leave,

Yulia twisted her lips in a strange face. "Mara?"

The smaller woman turned her face at her, ready to leave for the patio.

"Why does her tattoo say Bog budet suditch menya*?" She asked. "What did she do?"

Mara sighed. "You'll get to know why Elena is a furious angel**, when your time comes."

She left.

* Bog budet suditch menya ~ God Will Judge Me
* Beshenyo Angel ~ Furious Angel

Kappa
22-07-2003, 07:52
Mara and Alena had been out of the cell for a couple of hours, trying to bribe a guard into buying them the newspaper once in a while, since it had been a lot since they knew anything about the exterior world. They entered the small cement room and found Yulia napping on Elena's bed. Mara climbed into her own bunker and threw the sleeping woman her pillow, provoking a very startled awakening.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, you rarely sleep in your bunker anymore."

Yulia yawned. "Don't complain. I'm giving you both the benefit of chosing in what bed do you want to sleep in."

"Very funny. I'm quite happy with my hole-ridden bunker… gives me the chance to stare out the upper window."

"Dreams of liberty?"

"Maybe." Mara said, staring down at Alena who had proceeded to sit on the desk and open up an envelope. "Where's Bishal'chik?"

"Left this morning for her veredict." The brunette said, leaning back into the wall next to the bed. "I hope she does well."

"The whole prision hopes she does well. Poor redhead has been through more apelations than most of us. One'd think she's sick of them."

"You guys, shut up. I got a letter from my son, I want to at least try and understand it." Alena said.

Yulia raised an eyebrow. "Try and understand it?"

Mara laughed softly. "Mysh*, didn't you know? Dumb blonde dun know how to read." She said. "I don't call her dumb blonde because she's blonde, you know?"

"Cruel of you, you know?" The brunette said, leaning down over the edge of the bunker to stare at Alena's letter. "Want me to read it, Alena?"

Alena sighed, nodding, while Yulia took her letter. She sat up with her legs hanging from the edge of the bed, and cleared up her throat.

'Dear mom:

'How are you? I'm fine! I just got into fourth grade. My grades are not very good but I think they are okay. Grandpapa and grandmama say I should stop sending you letters and start focusing on getting better grades. I don't think they are very hapy that I send you letters. I'm going to stop telling them about this and sending them myself! I'm a big boy now, I can go to the post office by myself!

'I miss you. You've been in that bad ladys house for a year and a half. Grandmama says you are never going out, but I think that she only says crap, like that tooth fairy thing she told me when I lost my tooth. Grandpapa told me the truth, you are going out of that house when I'm 18. I will be so old!

'I love you, don't worry! You will be out of there in no time, I will be here waiting.

'Serhiozha.'

Yulia instantly repented having read the letter. By the moment in which she finished reading, Alena had started sobbing over the desk. Mara couldn't but purse her lips in a sour expression. "Alenko, what did you do to be here?" Yulia asked.

Silence except the discouraging cries Alena did was all Yulia got for an answer. Mara gestured for her to come along, while she jumped off the bunker. They walked a couple of meters from the cell and Mara leaned back into the rails that avoided the inmates to commit suicide from their respective floors. "Alena came here because of manslaughter. It was an accident. She doesn't know how to read but she's the darned best mother the world ever saw." Mara sighed, staring at Yulia. "One day, she went to pick up Sergei from school, when she saw a grown man hitting him, just round the corner of the school of the village they lived in. She had no idea who the man was, but she did what everyone would have done in her place: she attacked the man, and yelled for Sergei to get a teacher to help, which the boy did. He never saw how the man took out a cutter, you know, one of those people use to open letters and tried to attack Alena back."

"What did she do?"

"Took the damn thing from him before he hit her with it, and attacked him back until he didn't breathe anymore." The shorter woman said. "Everyone saw it: it was the only thing that saved Alena from getting charged with murder in first grade. She's got 8 years more to go in this place. Alena had no idea the man who attacked Sergei was a teacher at the school." She cleared her throat. "Her whole village wanted her to go free. She's a heroine of sorts at her village, since she killed the man who was hitting and abusing the students. Her case was something HUGE. She suffered it throughly. They sent Sergei with her parents, who do think she's guilty. And they say this is a wonderful world, no, Mysh?"

Yulia sighed. "So they say."

They were deep in thought when they heard rumbling from the inner patio, where some inmates were playing soccer with a ball made of shirts. Beshenyoangel had arrived, and the thing didn't look pretty.

"THE CHAIR?! THE GODDAMNED MURDEROUS CHAIR?!" Yulia was at the end of her nerves. Elena had not changed her expression ever since she handed her blackhaired lover the letter that confirmed the redhead's sentence. "No, Le--" Yulia noticed there were inmates staring at them. "Bishal'chik, this is not right… this can't be right… you were back at 30…"

"I know, Yulia."

Yulia's chest heaved, throwing the letter to a corner of the sunny outer patio, breaking down in tears, kneeling. She felt completely lost. For the first time in four years, Elena's heart skipped a beat, kneeling down next to Yulia and taking her in her arms. She carried the sobbing woman to a corner more or less deserted. Mara, noticing Elena wanted privacy, took the posse of inmates with which she was speaking to in front of them, to cover them from the peeking eye of the curious inmate.

"I'm not scared of dying, Yulia." The redhead said.

Yulia stared at her from behind swollen eyes. "But I'm scared of missing you." She said. "I just found my reason to stand life in the prison…"

"Yulia, remember that God will judge me?"

The brunette cleaned up her nose with the hem of her uniform. "What with that?"

She then sat amazed. Elena's lips had broken into a smile for the first time. Not a sneer. Not even a grin, a mischievous one. It was a smile slight as a line breaking her lips. "Men have no right to judge me. If I am dying in four months it is only because I am willing to finish with my misery. God will judge me and I know I will not suffer if I die." She kissed Yulia once again. The brunette had noticed that within the month they had been lovers, Elena had been making subtle efforts not to be so rough anymore. "And if there is someone with whom I should be judged, I would always choose you. Always. Afront it. We have no life. No future."

Yulia didn't know what to say. She slowly placed her arms around the redhead's neck and embraced her tightly. "I only wish I could have met you in other circumstances…"

She felt Elena's long, slim fingers caressing her back. "I wish so too. Believe me, Yulia, I wish so too."

Elena had started joining the other inmates for the shower time. More than one was either amazed or embarrased of the redhead's presence, since it was chief of the block's tradition to do rather indecorous things to their subordinates.

However, the redhead only did it for a reason that had a slim body, beautiful legs, straight black hair to the shoulders, and a knack for tempting her while they were in public. Yulia had stopped being mischievous about it, thought. Elena had the feeling Yulia did not want her to spend her last months worrying about anything.

It had taken Yulia almost a week to go through denial, hatred, fear and acceptance, a week in which Alena, Mara and Elena had been forced to tie her to the bunker more than once when the things got ugly. She had even been visited by the prison's directress and chief of guards while being tied to it. Yulia had no idea how to describe the hatred she felt towards those two woman as they threatened to put her to solitary confinement if she didn't stop screaming in her nightmares. How could she control what she felt? How could she stop fearing? She had been loved once in life, only once, and now the same hand that threatened to shut her up was the hand that would take away her lover's life.

The brunette had managed to go throught that ugly week only because it took three slaps from the redhead to wake her up. She had been feeling better ever since, but Mara did not know what Elena had told the small woman to calm her down.

Elena had stopped feeling a long time ago. Be it desire. Be it need. Be it love. Hell, sometimes she wasn't even sure she felt hungry. She did not want to suffer more, she wanted to be perceived as the one woman in the block that did not fear anything.

She could not explain how did she feel when the sentence was given. The sneer in her exhusband's expression, the look of pity of the judge, the looks of hatred from the jury. She simply didn't feel any more strenght to be judged by the humanity that in the first place had taken her "normal" life away. She refused to repent. She was not guilty.

Let them judge her. Let them see if she gave a damn.

Mysh: Mouse (:D :rolleyes: That's Yulia's nickname for obvious reasons.)

HereToStay
22-07-2003, 13:42
WoW!!! darje, u rock!!
This fic is soo... i can say just wow!!! lol :)

parrish122
22-07-2003, 17:10
Oh, I *like* this one! Very different. You've got me hooked already!

Parrish

smilie faces
22-07-2003, 23:52
You know what I think darsh.
I just need to post it over here

guess what??

Ta brutaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!

Ya rockin' my smilies :yes:

Kouketsuno Rei
23-07-2003, 00:30
Nice, darje! I really like this fic! It's got such an awesome twist! I really like the way Lena is portrayed, too! Kind of like Yulia's protector or something...and Yulia is Lena's prison bitch! Whoo!

Yeah! I know I'd wanna be Lena's prison bitch. OR even Yulia's! :laugh: Ah, that'd be great! Buuut...it seems you've snagged that title! :D

Ahhh...I think I'm gonna go stare at the pics of them in their prison uniforms, again, now...:hmmm:

amikana
23-07-2003, 03:52
phenomenal writing :)

amikana

Kappa
23-07-2003, 05:57
Thanks, y'all! I've got a piece of chapter four going... just a bit and I'll finish. ;)

Kappa
23-07-2003, 05:59
Parrish, thanks! ;) I was staring at their prison pics @ Eurovision and decided it would be a good theme... :P

Kappa
24-07-2003, 22:50
Spanking new chapter! Heeeere you go! ;)

Chapter Four

Month 1

Yulia was deep asleep when two strong hands dragged her from her bunker.

Next thing she knew, she was stroking her bum where she had hit it when she hit the floor as a bag full of potatoes.

Alena and Mara were sniggering at her from their bunkers, while a grinning Elena came next to her and kissed her forehead. "Sorry, Yules, I had to do that or you would not wake up in time."

"It would have been better if you just blew a cannon next to my ear." The brunette complained, still rubbing her sore buxom rear.

"Stop whining, and come see this." Lena said, climbing over Mara's bunker and helping Yulia up.

"Come see what?" The petit brunette asked, peeking out the barred window. Lena pointed at a distant upper corner, where a silver moon was iluminating the dark blue sky. Yulia gaped. It had been almost half a year since she had seen the moonlit sky, and just now she realized how much she missed staring at it.

"Holy mother of…"

"We know, we know." Mara said, grinning and tumbling down on her bunker, making the other two women wobble on the spring infested matress and fall down on their butts. "It has been a while since we got the chance to stare at it from our window. The light woke Bishal'chik up and she woke me up to stare at it."

"And Alena?" Yulia asked.

"Alena hates to see light by night, so there's no use in waking her up." Lena said. "As you see, the poor woman has got complexes."

She was suddenly hit by a pillow coming from under the bunker and a screeching voice. "I's got no complexes, now let me sleep!"

The four of them froze when they heard steps from outside the cell. A minute, two, three passed and the steps walked away. Mara sighed while both Yulia and Lena swept the sweat from their brow. "God be danged, that was close…" Yulia said. Lena nudged her from the side, clearly not liking Yulia swearing over God.

The redhead jumped off Mara's bed and stared out the barred door that led to the corridor. The inner patio was empty, but iluminated by silver light. A couple abandoned shirts and a shoe lay all around the concrete floor. Lena frowned while placing her forehead between the bars. "I'm going to hit whoever lost that shoe." She mumbled, her diminute braids making contact with the hands that held the bars next to her face. Yulia raised a questioning eyebrow, up in Mara's bed. Mara shook her head and put her hand over the brunette's shoulder.

"Shoes are precious here, you ought to know that already." She said. "Whoever gets a pair of shoes from their family is a lucky inmate." She wiggled her bare toes in front of Yulia. "So Bishal'chik basically makes sure everyone takes care of their belongings."

'Because she has almost nothing.' Yulia thought sadly. Her lips contorted into a gesture of discomfort. Lena had only told her that before she came here, she had everything, and lost it all in a gesture of the hand. No friends, little to none family, just a cousin, a lawyer, that fervently defended her case in the court because he believed in her innocence. He was currently working in yet another apelation on her behalf, but everyone knew that he was going to have no time to get more proof of her innocence.

Yulia was pondering on what would they do in this diminute world in the next four months when she heard Lena grunt. Mara and her turned to see Lena struggling to get her arms free from the grip between the bars that a night shift guard had taken her in. The woman grinned, having Lena on her back against the bars and with her arms around the bars, behind her back. "So none of you can sleep?" She snorted. "Well, neither can the rest of the inmates, thanks to your chatter, girlies."

"Liar!" Lena grunted. "We were talking in hushed voices!"

The woman grinned, tugging at Lena's arm with enourmous strenght. The redhead felt her shoulder crack, and her eyes went wide and crystalline. "You should watch your mouth, block chief, or you might lose your job." She took a pair of handcuffs the guards always had in case of needing to inmovilize an inmate, and handcuffed Lena's hands behind the bars. "You lot are getting punished in the morning. See you in four hours."

She left.

Mara was gaping. Yulia was stern until she jumped off the bed and stood in front of Lena, who was making the biggest effort in her life not to cry. "What… what did she do to you?"

"She… my shoulder… it popped out of place…"

Yulia was not conscious of what Lena was saying, so she lightly placed two fingers over the offended shoulder.

The whole corridor heard Lena howl in pain, and it was until ten minutes later when all the women in the corridor stopped complaining about no respect to the little sleep they had a right to, and went back to bed. Yulia had jumped all the way back to the other wall at Lena's cry of pain, and she was even more amazed seeing that Lena had not released a tear after hurting so much. Her eyes were crystalline in the moonlight, but she was not going to let no one see her cry.

Mara sighed. "Four hours until six am…"

In preparation for the punishment that awaited all of them, Mara had gone to bed, thinking that it would not hurt as much if she woke up relaxed. Yulia, on the other hand, had gone fetching for the stool they had in the cell's desk. She had tried to sit the redhead on it but the stool was too low for the redhead to sit and not dislocate her shoulder more than it already was, so it was her that sat on it, in front of Lena. She was not willing to budge to the redhead's orders, barking for her to go to bed.

The sun had started rising but it still was 5 am. Yulia could notice Lena was exhausted: three hours of standing on her feet had been enough. Nonetheless, she had kept her talking (in very hushed tones because the least of her intentions was to get handcuffed to the bunker by the sadist guard) because she did not want Lena to fall asleep.

"Tell me about your childhood." The brunette asked.

"About my childhood?"

"I'm quite sure you weren't a furious angel when you were younger, Bishal'chik." Yulia said.

The redhead smiled tiredly. "I was born Elena Katina." She whispered. "I am the older daughter of five. Mom died when I was 14, and dad started getting drunk every day after she died. One day, after I turned 15, he just dissapeared and never came back to the house, and I was left with one brother and three sisters, the younger only 3 when he dissapeared, and the older just eleven. Our village was small, very small, so all our neighbours helped out with the food they could give us as a gift, and I abandoned junior high since it was either my education or my family."

Yulia nodded, listening.

"I missed my mom so much. Before my brothers were born, I spent four years being her only worry, her only love. She taught me always to be strong, never to give up, and she always told me that no man had the right to judge me for what I was or what I represented." Lena smiled sadly. "My brothers were her adoration, and I tried to give them my best and to keep mom living in them. Some time later, when I turned seventeen, my godmother came back from a long trip in Europe and offered to give them a house while I got my life in order. My boyfriend, Evgeni, had proposed to me."

"You thought you'd have a good life."

Lena nodded tiredly. "I was living in my very own fairy tale, just like the ones mom told me so I'd fall asleep. Just four or five months before marrying Evgeni, I got pregnant, but he didn't seem to care that I was, so--"

"Katina!"

Lena bit her lip to supress another howl of pain when the same guard that had dislocated her shoulder barked her name while tugging at the sore limb, uncuffing it. Mara woke up at the sudden interruption, eyeing the psycho of a guard. She could not recognize her, so she supposed she was one of those arrogant little newbies that considered the inmates toys for their sadist desires. As soon as she was free from her bindings, Lena fell to the floor on her knees. Shortly after she weakly stood up on her feet, Yulia stared in horror as the redhead placed her limp wrist between her knees and pushed the shoulder back into place with the other hand. Mara made a gesture of repulsion at the sound the bone made while popping back into its place, while Yulia felt a tear of pain of her own slip down her cheek.

The guard, meanwhile, was staring in pleasure at Lena, mending herself. "You three. Come with me."

The trio had been forced to take off their clothes, in the mess hall, in front of the other five hundred inmates, from all the blocks. Mara had gotten voice that the newbie guard was not only just a newbie guard, she was also the new chief of guards and the niece of a governor. No one would stop her from doing what she pleased, unless they wanted the chair or solitary confinement for the rest of their sentences. The woman stood up in front of everyone, club at hand, while Lena, Mara, and Yulia stood naked behind her, their hands binded behind their backs.

"These three women are about to prove the rest of you what a real punishment is. No more 'no dinner' or 'scrubbing the bathrooms or the mess hall'." She shouted. "They will get five club blows for each hour they were up last night."

Not showing it, but yet, Lena instantly panicked. The monster of a woman did not know that Mara had gone to sleep instantly after she had cuffed her to the barred door, and they all had been awake since one am. That meant 25 blows for each one! "I protest!" She yelled.

Half the mess room gasped at her either bravery or much stupidity. The woman smirked, raising an eyebrow, and looking viperishly at her. "Oh you do?"

"As the chief of inmates of the murderers block, I protest!" Lena repeated, frowning. She nodded her head at Mara. "Slozhaskaya went to bed right after you handcuffed me to the door. Reduce her number to five, she deserves no more than that."

The guard nodded her head. "Very well. You shall take her remaining twenty blows."

Lena nodded too, showing her agreement.

Mara and Yulia gaped at her. Now it was Yulia's moment to panic, because she was very plently conscious that Lena's shoulder wasn't yet healed. She wouldn't stand 45 blows. "I protest!" She belted out. Lena's eyes went wide, as the guard rolled her eyes.

"And who are you to protest?"

"No one you want to mess up with." Yulia answered, growling. "You dislocated Katina's shoulder when you handcuffed her to the door. If you hit her like that, it'll probably break, and you'll have to undergo taking her to the prisoner's hospital, paying for a fee for her maintainment while it heals, and all those things I'm sure you don't want to do." She said. Lena was shaking her head desesperately at her. "I'll take 35 of her blows along with mine."

"You must be stupid." The guard say. "But I'll take your offer."

Mara was given her five blows in the back and rapidly dismissed to get dressed once again. She stood at the side of some guards that she did know, who told her that they didn't agree with these kind of punishments, but they had to abide or would lose their jobs. At the seventh blow, Lena whimpered but didn't mutter one more sound until her ten blows her up.

Yulia braced herself for the worst pain she'd feel in her life, closing her eyes and thinking of better times. Lena, right by Mara's side, didn't know how to feel, but she did know she was swallowing her tears, not of pain, but of shame for having her lover up there, taking her blows for her.

At the sixteenth blow, Yulia's cheeks were damp with tears, even thought she knew the guard who was hitting her was trying to go easy on the psycho's orders and hitting her as soft as she could without her superior noticing it.

At the thirtieth blow, everyone heard something crack in the ample sonority of the mess hall, and almost everyone knew that one of Yulia's ribs had just broken.

At the sixtieth and last blow, the brunette was asked to give a step forward and show the inmates her back to give an example of the newly imposed punishment. Giving one dazed step forward, Yulia's eyes rolled back into her head as her foot failed, and she fainted over the stage, all the inmates from the murderer's block springing from their seats in panic. Lena, half undressed, ran over where her lover lay, placing her over her shoulder and giving the chief guard a loathing stare. The woman just nodded and pointed to the door, as if granting her their freedom.

Ann t..A.T.u.
24-07-2003, 23:10
love ur fic darje :) it remiends me of Bad Girls its a british tv show about female inmates and what goes on. keep it up :done: im totally addicted

warx
25-07-2003, 16:35
wow...that really hurts...

Bitty2002
25-07-2003, 18:32
You always have such creative ideas for stories! I love it! Thanks for sharing! And I am not biased, so don't even... hehe. I am proud of you for finally posting one of your fics here.

parrish122
26-07-2003, 15:55
Whoa! *very* powerful.

I'm looking forward to more of this story. :)

Parrish

Kappa
27-07-2003, 19:39
Yum. :P

Chapter 5

Yulia was never attended by the medics of the prisoner's hospital, on the chief guard's command, so she was knocked out for a day. After the daily activity, Mara, Alena, and Lena came back to the cell and Yulia was still moaning in pain, unconscious. They considered it better not to try and wake her up.

Granted, she didn't have any internal hemorrage because the guard had only hit her on the back of the ribs, but the whole murderers block, as weird as it may sound, was worried about Yulia having a broken rib. Lena had been taking permissions off today's workshop to go see her.

The brunette woke up an hour before the curfew was rang. Alena, Mara, and Lena were sitting in the next bunker, staring intently at her. The three of them gasped as they saw Yulia turning her blue eyes on them, and jumped to their knees in the floor, staring at her. The brunette blinked, and opened her mouth. Mara jumped, placing her arms in front of her cellmates, as if to hold them on their places.

"You guys, I think she's trying to tell us something!"

Yulia blinked once again, closed her eyes tightly and screwed up her face.

"Ow."

Month 2

A generalized clamor was heard around the inner patio. It was August, and every August the directress allowed one person into the prison, the only person ever to go into the prison for the enjoyment of the inmates.

Yulia walked out of the cell and stared down at the patio where at least fifty inmates were around a male guy she had never seen. Lena was smiling at the mass of requesting women around the poor guy, trying to get them to sit in a line in front of him so he could start attending.

"Who is he?" The brunette asked, carefully leaning down into the rail of the corridor so she wouldn't bend her back to quickly and hit one of the bruises that still hadn't faded. To sleep on her back was still an impossible task.

Lena grinned, nodding in her own direction. Yulia stared at her, face tilted, extended her hand and let the redhead take her into hand into her own. As they walked down the stairs, Lena started explaining. "He's Molsha. He's got a tattoo business in the city, but once a year he visits us. He gets a lot of money here."

Yulia raised an eyebrow. Did the inmates, who earned their money working hard in the workshops, spend the fruituition of their work in tattoos? She shrugged.

Lena sniggered. "Mara and I decided to get you tattooed when he came."

Yulia gaped and mock hit Lena's arm. "You did not."

"Hey, it's not like it's extremely expensive, it's fun and makes you unique."

"You are conscious that you're gonna have to keep me from crying if you indeed did that."

The redhead flipped back her braids and rolled her eyes. "For someone who stood sixty club blows in the back and only fainted when they were done, you are *such* a crybaby."

Molsha was Lena's friend. In the past, he had done her tattoo and became a good friend of hers while doing it, because it had been a long, complicated job to finish. He agreed to finish off with his clients and bring his equipment up to their cell.

Lena introduced Molsha to Yulia and sat on the stool to wait while Molsha explained to the quite afraid brunette what would they do. As soon as they finished talking, Yulia gave Molsha her back and took off her shirt. The man must've never seen so many bruises in just one human back but he agreed to still do the tattoo, since Yulia's back now only hurt on the ribs, where Molsha was not working on.

Yulia sat on her own stool, brought by Molsha to the cell. Lena sighed and decided to keep her distracted, because Yulia's face of "preliminar pain" was ridiculous.

"Remember what I told you about Evgeni?"

Yulia nodded softly. "Yes, that you were pregnant but he didn't mind."

Lena sighed, a bit downcast. "I married Evgeni six months into my pregnancy. I told you, I thought I was living my own fairy tail. I was going to have a baby, I was married, my brother and sisters were happy with my godmother. It was all perfect." She waved her hand on enphasis. "It was all perfect for five years. Sasha was growing up alright, she would start school soon. I was the perfect wife, the perfect mother."

Yulia gasped as she felt the first needle going into her skin. "Ow!"

"Sorry, I'll try to make it less painful." Mosha apologized.

Yulia frowned and looked at Lena, who was looking back at her, amused. "Don't sneer at me, lady, keep on telling me your story."

The redhead nodded, clearing her throat. "Sasha was such a beautiful little girl. I wanted to spoil her, to give her everything. Evgeni, on the other hand, had another opinion. He was so distant since Sasha was born." She sighed, her shoulders slumping as if her memories were weighing her down. "One day, I came back from the market, but Sasha was not playing at the entrance like she was always doing when I came back from the market. Evgeni was nowhere to be seen. I decided to go see if Sasha was napping or something."

Lena bit her lip. Yulia sighed. "Bishal'chik, if you really don't want to tell me, don't tell me."

"No, I need you to. You'll understand me so much better when you know this about me." She said, giving the brunette a faint trace of a smile, a rather wore one. "When I arrived to Sasha's room… Evgeni was… he was hitting her. With all of his might. He was yelling at her, screaming about how she stole my love from him, about how I was supposed to be only his. Sasha was not crying anymore, she was just protecting herself from him, or so I thought. I don't know why didn't I react. I just fell to my knees, staring at how he hit her. I suppose I was in too much shock."

Good God. "Bishal'… that's awful…"

The diminute braids swayed back and forth as Lena nodded. "Evgeni saw me. I suppose he wanted no witnesses to his crime, so he just came after me. I was afraid for my life, I started crawling away from him, but he pinned me against the studio's door." She cleared her throat for a second. To Yulia it was clear: Lena was struggling against tears. "He threw himself at me, pinned me against the floor. He tried to strangle me. That was when I reacted. I saw in his eyes that he wanted me dead. My hand stumbled across a door-holder Sasha had done that summer with her friends. It was a rock picked up from the forest behind the village, painted with fingerpaint. I hit Evgeni with it, knocked him off me. But I was still dead scared, thought he would walk up and knock me off my feet, kill me. I hit him with that rock so many times, Yulia. So many times."

Mara peeked from her upper bunker. "As told by the forensic specialist in the newspaper, 'his face looked more like a pizza than like a face', by the time Bishal'chik was done."

For the first time since her tale had started, Lena smirked, and threw Mara Yulia's pillow. The smaller woman caught it and laughed, sitting back to hear.

"I never knew he was dead until I was arrested. I don't know, I think I was maybe blind for some time. I stumbled back into Sasha's room to take her with me, see that she was okay and crying for me. But I shook her once, shook her twice, and I got no reaction from her. Evgeni had killed her."

Very deep inside herself, Yulia was boiling with fury. How could someone subject such a good, generous, loving woman, to such suffering? Evgeni was lucky to be dead because if he wasn't, Yulia would have broken out of prison only to kill him. Lena must've read her thoughts because she was tiredly smiling at her.

"You probably know my trial history. It's a shame my own version was only dismissed as a wild woman's imagination."

"And… and there was never proof?"

"No. The rock with which I killed Evgeni was infested with my fingerprints, and I made the mistake of starting to cry over Sasha when I found out he had killed her. I was given no deterrents, no charge of manslaughter. All they could do was point at me and say 'murder one'."

"What happened to your family?"

Lena shrugged. "The older one doesn't let the other three write me letters. But my godmother thinks I'm innocent. Poor woman, she was in such shock when I was sentenced to the chair. She says she's had to wash my younger's sister mouth with soap more than once because the girl keeps trying to make the rest of my brothers and sisters understand that I am nothing but a murderer."

"With family like that…" Yulia murmured, her back unconsciously tensing up. Molsha sighed.

"Yulia, please calm down. I can't finish it up with you all tense like that."

"Oh, c'mon, girl, show us your stuff!" A woman in the mess hall yelled at Yulia. Lena gave her a half grin and nudged her on the ribs, also stealing a potato off Mara's stew while the woman was not looking.

"Take off your shirt. They want to see your new name." The redhead smiled.

Yulia sighed. People had been nudging her around about her new tattoo for a week now. In a matter of days, her new name had gotten her to be one of the most respected women in the murderer's block. Not only had she not died at 60 blows in the back, but she had also been proclaimed by almost all the inmates as a "corridor chief": one of the woman that responded to Lena's command, and took care of the cell corridors to avoid abuse by the guards.

The prison had been nothing but joy around her ever since she was publicly beaten, thing so very strange because it had always been such a dark, sad place. She had been called by her name, patted on the back by inmates she had never seen or met.

She slowly took off her shirt and gave her back to the rest of the cheering inmates. Being back to them, she nearly tumbled over when she felt several inmates charging at her and taking her from the hip.

"Bravo for krylya krovn*!" They cheered. Lena smiled from her place, stealing another potato, now from Yulia's plate.

Beshenyoangel had also had a similar welcome.

"Bravo for her! The angel of bloody wings!"

*Wings of blood. If someone wants to know why that's her new name, just ask so in a post. :D I just want everyone's imagination to start ticking.

warx
27-07-2003, 22:59
so wat her new name??

come on girl.. plsssssssssssssssssss.....:(:(

parrish122
28-07-2003, 00:30
Awesome fic!

Parrish

warx
28-07-2003, 01:23
i mean Y? not wat...hehehe sorry...:):)

Uhaku
28-07-2003, 02:21
Aaaah, I like this fic! Just got a chance to read it. I saw it on tatu.us, but it's a lot easier to read it here. ^_^

p.s. It seems, in this story, all males are jerks???

Edit to say: Is "Furious Angel" name from Rob D's new music? Sozz, I'm just so crazy about this piece.

parrish122
28-07-2003, 15:26
Well Uhaku, Molsha is a guy and he seems to be a nice fellow. :) And Alena's son Sergei is a good kid.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all, if in a real woman's prison that you heard a *lot* of unpleasant stories about the men in their lives.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

Parrish

Kappa
29-07-2003, 00:21
Uhaku, yes, what parrish122 said. ;) Just Alexander and Evgeni are the jerks in the story. ;)

rivierakid
29-07-2003, 02:04
I just realized that I haven't replied to this one yet...Bad me! *smacks self*

Anyway, this is a really, truly awesome story. Once I start reading, I can't seem to stop. Great stuff Darje! You rock! :done:

And after that last chapter, you got me curious. What is the meaning behind Yulia's new name?

Kappa
29-07-2003, 05:23
Blood Winged? Mmmmmh. The inmates recognize their "heroes" (so to speak) by naming them angels, and Lena decided that Yulia had earned her own rank by saving her from getting a big beating and thus breaking her shoulderbone. She received a crap-load of blows to the back, and as you guys know, bruises are blood under the skin: so to be said in a poetic way, while her wings were being born, they were stained in blood. :(

Here's chapter six. Enjoy and please comment!

Chapter 6

Month 3

Yulia woke up to a loud screeching from the inner patio, nearly making her want to bury her head under the pillow, only to notice that Lena was a step ahead of her and had stolen the pillow to put it over her own head.

"Mail, people! Mail!"

Yulia had kicked Lena off the bunker to go pick up both their mail. Cursing under her breathe, Lena had just felt Mara's arm slid over her shoulders in sleepy fellowship, and grunted all the way downstairs.

The girl that was in charge of giving everyone their mail was an inmate from the minor felonies block. Lena smirked because the girls from that block were mortally afraid of the women in the murderer's block: this one must have been paying off punishment for stealing food from the kitchen or something. The girl was swallowing hard at an inmate, older than Lena, famous for being rather "rough with her hands" at shower time, that was, as sensously as she could, caressing her shoulders. Lena waved her hand at her, smirking lopsidedly.

"Let her go, Karina." She said, her eyes squinting mischievously at the older woman. The woman grinned back. "You don't want solitary confinement for another week for raping yet another inmate, now do you, old pervert?"

Karina feigned thoughtfulness for a minute. "Now that I think it, you're right." She took her hands off the small young woman's shoulders, and winked while she walked away. "But I can always save you some space in my harem, sweetheart." At the girl's dumbfounded expression, she blew a kiss at her, provoking the mocking laughter of the rest of the inmates. Mara could only laugh and shake her head while shrugging. Lena, on the other side, was rolling her eyes at the girl, smiling.

"You must excuse Karina. She's a brute, but a rather good-hearted one, at that." The redhead said, tying her minute braids in a loose ponytail at the back of her head.

The girl swallowed hard. "S-she didn't mean the… the h-h-harem thing, right?"

Mara laughed heartily. "Hell she didn't mean it. That woman's got more inmates in her cell a night than most of us will ever have in a year."

Lena could not contain her laughter when she saw the faint expression of horror the girl made. After all, all the women in her block her wallet pickers and food thieves, at most spending four months in prison. NO ONE in that block ever lay a finger on the other, bunch of boring straight girlies.

The girl stuttered at her. "M-m-mail for w-who?"

Mara rolled her eyes. "Chill, woman, redhead here ensures your sexual security. She's not going to jump you, nor anyone else will while she's keeping an eye on you." She said, waving her hand at Lena.

Lena smiled faintly. "Katina and Volkova."

"I-I was told I can't deliver two persons mail to only one." The girl said, her knuckles white from grabbing the edge of the mail cart.

"Like Belcebub you can't." Mara said. She noticed Alena had just stood behind her in the line for the mail, obviously expecting something.

"You can do it to me. Volkova's my lover, after all."

Both laughed at the girl's expression, who threw herself headfirst into the cart, looking for their mail. She took out a letter for Yulia, and two packages along with a letter for Lena.

It was afternoon, and the sun was fading into the red sky. Alena had decided to avoid further humiliation by trying to read her letter, so she threw it to the trash can, not even knowing who was it from, and stayed in the kitchen to help, getting as many credits as she could. Those credits were the ones that helped her get good conduct reports, possibly taking a couple of years off her sentence.

Mara, Yulia and Lena had stayed in the cell, that for the first time in a while, was warm, thanks to the fading sunlight. Workshops had already closed, so they had decided to stay over Lena's bunker, that was the one that received a comfortable amount of sunlight warmth, and inspectionate their mail.

"Buuuuuut before…" Mara took out a letter she held in the backside of her pants. "Mara's letter." She said.

"That's rude." Yulia said, and for the first time, Lena agreed about something that was rude.

"Who cares? I'm no longer a civilian, I'm a prisoner, it's not like they can go putting me to jail because I read someone else's mail." Yulia rolled her eyes and took the letter from Mara's fingers. "Thanks, Mysh, that's the spirit."

Yulia tore it open and took the letter inside it. This time it was not Serhiozha's childish type-writing, it was someone else's, a grown-up's. Very short.

'Alena,

'Serhiozha has hepatitis. We don't know if he's going to make it through autumn. Please, pray for him.

'Mama and Papa.'

"Good Lord!" Yulia threw the letter over the bed as if it had suddenly burned her fingertips. "Alena can't read this. She can't!"

Lena stared sternly at the letter, before taking it in her own hands and tearing it to pieces. Mara took the pieces and ran out of the cell, down to the trash can where she had taken it from. Yulia looked severely shaken, her only partial comfort being the redhead's arms pulling her into a strong hug. She shushed into the blackhaired woman's ear. "Don't worry. It's a secret. We will all pray for him. He is not going to die, but we can't tell Alena."

Yulia nodded, blinking several times, trying to shake off her shock. To try and take her off her own shock, Yulia took her letter and tore it open. It was, surprisingly, from Molsha, who had taken a grand liking to her while finishing off her tattoo. It was just a normal letter, fact that helped Yulia to calm down. Molsha was wishing her and Lena the best, even thought when the man had no idea about Lena's death sentence. She finished reading it, and threw herself down in bed, throwing the letter down to the desk that was just below Lena's bunker.

"See? Not everything is so bad." Lena said, smiling and taking her packages from besides the bed. Mara was only entering the cell back when Lena started reading the letter that came along the small boxes.

'Dear Lenochka,'

Lena frowned and blushed brutally when Mara and Yulia started laughing at her nickname. She cleared her throat and started reading again.

'Dear Lenochka,

'I got wind of how hard it is to get shoes in that joint. So I sent you these.

'Dearly, your cousin,

'Kostya Katin.'

The redhead stared at the packages curiously, and opened one of them just in time to make Mara, who was trying to climb into her own bunker, miss the place in which she was putting her hand, and disastrously fall down into the floor, with a thud and an .

The three of them gaped, unable to mutter anything else more important than this.

"Nike."

parrish122
29-07-2003, 13:30
Darje my friend, I'm running out of new ways to tell you how much I enjoy this fic.

You do an excellent job of getting the reader to care about all the characters, not just the main two. Great job!

Parrish

elwolf_x
29-07-2003, 15:38
aw..the inmate comradery is kinda cute lol.
nice chap darje!

prostrel
29-07-2003, 20:47
Darje, interesting fic! I just today started to read it. And I continue to reading it.

Kappa
30-07-2003, 04:07
Yay. Chapter 7! :D Warning: seriously heavy teological phylosophy ahead. PLEASE don't be offended.

Last month

"Fine piece of footwear engineering, Beshenyoangel." The chief guard said, sitting on the same table in which Lena, Mara, Alena and Yulia were eating. Alena just pretended to find something really interesting in her food while Mara turned to stare at the wall and try to look past it. Yulia just made a gesture like something rancid had just been placed under her nose, and Lena shrugged. "What guard did you steal those from?"

"I received them as a gift." The redhead said.

"Oh yeah. From that emptyheaded cousin of yours."

"He's got way more brains than you, or else you would be working in your uncle's office and not in this stale joint." Yulia interjected.

The guard went red on the face, half furious, half embarrased. She jumped up, hitting her palm against the table rough enough to call everyone's attention. "You know, Beshenyoangel, he only bought you those out of pity. Because he knows that you're going to die, like you deserve it, and he only wanted to make the burden less heavy for you."

Mara jumped up to hold Yulia, whose face was occupied by a frown that could have scared 'It' back into the pet circus, just in time to hold her down from jumping over the table. Her own feet had Lena's other pair of tennis shoes on them, and she would have gladly used them to break the snobby woman's nose.

The guard sniggered. Yulia, fighting against being held now not only by Mara but by Lena, Alena, and two more inmates, growled and spit on the woman's eye, inmediately evoking laughter from the inmates around the table. The woman turned for a moment, cleaning her eye carefully with the hem of her shirt. Before she could finish, thought, Yulia took an arm from the army of women holding her back and pulled her chin up so she could see her face. "Go back to your fucking post and stop bothering us, before I use my fine pieces of footwear engineering to shove your nose back into your brains."

The woman only dedicated her a loatheful stare and left.

"You know you're gonna earn yourself a big assed enemy if you keep on fighting with her, don't you, Mysh?" Mara said, pulling her googles back over her face to weld two pieces of a motor they had been working in at the workshop.

Yulia nodded, keeping the motor in place for Mara. "But I just can't stand that she keeps making fun of Bishal'chik. She's got no right to make fun of any of us. And I hate most the fact that since no one but the guards hears her commands, but both inmates and guards respect Bishal'chik, she thinks that with Bishal'chik…" Her voice broke a bit. "… dead, everyone's gonna obey her."

"I know that, Yules, but you just can't keep getting in trouble: it will only be three more weeks until they carry out Bishal's sentence. She needs you around. She's losing her faith." Mara said, motioning for her to move the motor so she could keep welding.

Yulia frowned. "Bishal'chik doesn't lose her faith just like that." She answered. "She trusts in her God. She has never stopped believing in her rightful liberty."

Mara just sighed and kept on welding. A few minutes were spent in silence until Yulia stared at her friend and opened her mouth to ask something.

"Are you innocent or guilty?"

Mara was silent for a couple of minutes, before leaving her material down in the table. "I am innocent, because I never killed my brother." She said, taking off her goggles and gloves. "I am guilty, because I never fought for my freedom."

The prison had an old, small, broken down building in the corner of the out patio. A guard, friend of Lena, had told Yulia that a prior governor, religious fanatic, had forced the regent of the prision to build it, some fourty years ago, when it was a male prison. It had been a chapel, with its own chaplain, dedicated to make the prisioners repent of their sins, and to give those in death row, forgiveness.

It all had ended when a prisoner killed the chaplain in a fit of rage against God.

Instead of demolishing it, that regent and the current directress had let it go to naught, the rain and sun doing the rest. It had never been pretencious, not even mighty, it was just a prison's chapel and that was all.

Yulia was staring at it. So run down, paint falling down the walls, some panels of wood already gone. But its cross was so still high and proud over its roof. She was just a couple of steps from the door, staring into the small adoration place. It obviously had become a recreation park for some inmates, since it had walls decorated with nasty phrases in chalk. The ceramic Christ over the altar lacked its ceramic arm, and Yulia couldn't but think sarcastically that over all the brutality that some had commited in there, there had been a God in this place. Was he still here, listening to her thoughts?

She heard those familiar whispers. That hoarse voice that so many times had whispered nonsensical words into her ear while they sinned at night. Was her God hearing? She decided to be quiet and hear her lover's prayers.

"I know I haven't spoken to you in a while. Sorry for that, but you probably know why I haven't been praying.

"You know, I found that one your messengers are always babbling about. Love. And while I know that she'll keep on loving me forever, why do you take me so soon, why not give me a couple of weeks more alongside her? You know so damn well I did nothing of what they accuse me for.

"And it's so ironic. I found her where I was supposed to die. Isn't that selfish of you? Your messengers talk so much about Love, about how Love is everything, how Love fills the human heart and Love leads us to salvation. My salvation is to die in the chair, leaving my only love alone?"

Yulia could hear Lena breaking down in tears, as she had never done in front of her. She held out not to do break down herself.

"Why didn't you guide us to meet somewhere else? Why are you so fucking cruel and take my life from my lover's hands? I am not even sure you listen any longer to us. But I did nothing to you and you punish me. You punish me just as you punished Sasha! My baby is burried alone in some lonesome cemetary, while you bless Evgeni's family with money to grant that bastard a worthy burial! You are no longer there!"

Yulia could hold it no longer, just barely containing her tears as she walked to where Lena was crying into her hands, kneeled. They held each other, crying into the other's shoulder until there were no more tears to be shed.

Two innocent women would be punished for an unforgivable crime. And it wouldn't be killing or slaying, oh no. It would be only for loving each other.

parrish122
30-07-2003, 15:08
Wow!

*Very* well done.

This chapter just grabs you by the throat and won't let go....

Parrish

warx
30-07-2003, 17:45
hey darje...ru sure that ur still 16?
i mean seriously...u can really right...ur fics r gud...well not gud...its not enough..they're amazing

Kappa
30-07-2003, 18:24
warx, yep, 16 until next november.

parrish122, *wink wink nudge nudge* That's the whole intention.

parrish122
30-07-2003, 18:28
*laughs* Yeah, I figured. But it's always nice to know that you've succeeded, eh? :)

Just curious....was the condiction of the prison chapel (falling apart) supposed to be symbolic of Lena's faith crumbling, or was I seeing something that wasn't there?

Parrish

Me Am Hulk
31-07-2003, 04:07
WRITE A NOVEL. :rose:

Kappa
31-07-2003, 05:07
parrish122, more or less. The condition of the prison chapel falling apart is more of an example of how humble Lena can be, because she doesn't need nothing but a space dedicated to God to talk to him. BUT you hit jackpot! LOL.

Me Am Hulk, lol, YOU WISH. :D I still have to learn a shitload!

Anyway. Wait for an epilogue. This is the last chapter, already, but the epilogue ties it all together and I'm sure you guys will like it. :)

Chapter 8

Last Day

Alena had left in the morning for a hearing that her village had requested in her name. Mara sat on her bed, her back against the wall, staring at the ragged doll Yulia had become in the first hours of the morning, limp and pale against the wall besides Lena's bunker. She had no shirt on, nothing but her oversized pants and those tennis shoes Lena had no regret in giving to her, and the weak morning light gave the tiny woman's skin a pasty, sick color.

Lena had been taken out of the cell at 9 am to give her last confessions to a priest that came from the city. She would most probably be out all morning and most of the afternoon, and Mara knew something inside of Yulia had died that morning, knowing that this would be the last night in which she would sleep against her lover's warmth.

Mara stared as Yulia weakly kneeled over the bed, joining her hands together, staring humbly at her knees. She mumbled as silently as if she was whispering airy words. Some days ago, Yulia had cut her hair so short her bangs barely covered the half of her forehead. Her friend couldn't but stare sadly at how Yulia was slowly going back into herself, almost not talking to her anymore, overlooking her corridor in a silence so terrifying to the inmates they had started wondering if the angel of bloody wings was dying in the inside.

"… I pray the Lord my soul to keep…"

The day was going horribly slow. Every minute gone without her lover resulted in Yulia's agony. She had grown into a creature so dark, Alena could almost not recognize her when she entered the cell at 3 pm. Yulia had refused going to the workshop at noon, when they were supposed to leave for the workshops, and when the guards tried to convince her that it'd be good for her, she had gone into a fit so severe she had hit the wall until her knuckles bled.

The guards, scared, noted her in as sick and left her alone in the cell, taking enough precaution as to lock her in. Once lonely, she stood, still shirtless, staring at the wall. The barred door stood behind her. She could almost feel glad that she was alone to muse when she heard sniggering behind her.

"Aww. Are you sad, dyke?"

Yulia flinched. It was the chief guard. The blackhaired woman decided to keep on looking at the wall, pretending not to hear the mockery.

"It's a shame that you'll be left alone in that bed. But, you know, your filthy girlfriend deserved it. So much talk of a furious angel, so much talk of loving God and his command, and what does she do? She fucks you! Well, excuse me, I have never heard of religious woman that goes and fucks a slut after praying to God."

Yulia was trembling in rage. One, two, three, four, five.... eleven, twelve…

"Hah. Now that I think it, you both deserve to die. Maybe you should both share the chair, if you love each other so much. That'd rid us of you, scum." She laughed. Yulia could sense laughter just as fake as this one, and suspected that if this woman was making fun of her, it was because she wasnt't happy herself. "I don't even know why you care about her, or she about you. After all, you are both husband-killers. You were possibly fucking another woman and he caught you. Isn't that it, dyke?" She kept on sniggering. Yulia couldn't believe that she was near counting fourtynine and she still was shaking in furious anger.

"But she deserves to die more than you. Oooooh, that's right. She killed her daughter too, didn't she?"

Yulia grunted and flung herself at the barred door, taking the guard by the uniform and pulling her face against the bars as hard as she could. "She is as guilty of having killed her daughter as you are happy about your own pathetic life. Leave me alone!" She flung the woman against the bars that held the corridor, while jumping over the bed and keep on staring at the wall, while hearing quick steps leaving the corridor.

Lena came back when the sun started to hide, exhausted and pale. The confession had gone sour: instead of a merciful priest like she had been told the guy was, she had met with possibly the worst priest ever. He had refused to grant her Christian forgiveness and had taken at least 2 hours to lecture her about how she had derailed from the Lord's way, and how God had given men the right to judge their similars because he couldn't take charge of everything.

"Such a bunch of crap. I *hate* priests." Lena said.

Then it had been a four hours struggle with the guards to lend her all she needed to shave her hair off. Yulia was, to say the least, shocked that Lena had decided to shave her hair off, but she prefered to do it: it was less painful to die that way.

So, while the others still had an hour left in the workshops, Lena sat down on the stool, in front of Yulia, and started untying, one by one, every one of her braids. Yulia, sitting on another higher stool, stole from a friend's cell, was behind Lena, watching in awe the amount of hair Lena *really* had, and inwardly cursing about not being able to see such a show more often.

She placed her chin over Lena's shoulder, smelling the redhead's hair and sighing, still waiting for the redhead to finish her task. "Why did you get your hair braided?"

It was one of those awkward moments in which Lena decided to smile. "I thought it made me look rough." She said, still smiling. "Milenko was a bastard, sure, but she damned well knew how to keep us in order. I was still toughening up when Milenko blew her brains out. The inmates only took me as the block chief after I kicked the ass of one of her posse's women, who wanted the job, but without the complications of keeping the block in order." She finished at the same time in which she finished untying her braids.

Yulia hummed her agreement before taking the scissors from over her bunker and starting to carefully cutting Lena's hair, being careful not to make her look bad even thought she'd have no hair in the end. Before starting, she leant over the redhead's cheek and nuzzled it with hers, kissing it and whispered into Lena's ear.

"Tell me something happy while I get this done."

Lena nodded. "You want to hear a tale about my childhood?" Yulia mumbled a yes before the scissors dug in into Lena's curls, and so, Lena started.

"My younger brother had just been born. My dad decided to take my mom and us all to a lake near the village, so that she could rest and we could play in the water. I was only twelve by then, but as you can imagine, I was always taking care of my little sisters and seeing that mom and the baby boy were all right.

"It got late and dad said we would all cram inside the family car and sleep there. We were all excited, feeling like it was a camp. Oh, I remember that night so well. It was one of the last happy ones I had before my fake fairy tale started. Me and my sister ran over to the village to get some marshmellows and dad had started a fire by the time we were back. Mom and dad took turns in telling us horror stories. Just imagine how much giggling there was, being that we were four girls.

"Anyway, we went to bed really late that night. I needed to go take a leak, so I climbed off the car without telling anyone and went inside the forest next to the lake, just to avoid anyone seeing me. I did my business and I had all the intention to go back to the car… that was until I realized I was walking in circles."

Yulia snorted while doing her work. Lena rolled her eyes. "Don't laugh at me! I was a little girl lost in a forest with God knows what creeping around to eat me up!"

Yulia snorted even more. "Don't worry, that was only me."

Lena huffed and mockingly hit her arm. "You're absolutely impossible, Yulia Volkova." She said, laughing and sitting back on her stool, letting Yulia keep on cutting, curls falling at her feet with no more difference than a second between the other, so much hair Lena had. "So, there I was, feeling like a fool, looking for a way back to the car. I think I walked for hours without knowing where I was. I was exhausted, scared, but I was not going to cry. Oh no, I was not going to cry, no one was gonna see me crying!" She said. "I finally found a place more or less lightened by the moon, and fell asleep there. Morning came.

"Yul, it was so beautiful. I had fallen asleep in a clearing full of color, flowers and grass. It was so awesome. The fog was only clearing by that hour of the morning and I heard dad coming to get me." Now shorthaired, Lena leaned forward to let Yulia put the shaving cream over her short curls, but not without finishing her story. "I keep thinking that for a second, I had fallen asleep in heaven."

This was the last night. Both were still on Lena's bunker, staring deep into the other's eyes. Mara had long ago gone to bed, and Alena kept snoring in a way that could have woken up the directress, who slept in the village. But none of this was important to them. Yulia's slim fingers kept stroking lightly over Lena's pale head, now her gray sad eyes more striking than ever.

"Why did you chose me?" Yulia mouthed, without taking her eyes off Lena's.

"Because you thought Beshenyoangel had a reason to be furious." Lena whispered. "You did not judge me, like everyone else. You took my pain for me, even when you did not have to." Lena's hand came up to caress the smaller woman's cheek. "I am not an angel, but I wonder if you are." Yulia blushed in the faint moonlight. Now it was Lena's turn to ask her question. "Why did you take my blows for me?"

"Because such an angel doesn't deserve to bleed over her wings." Yulia answered, without hesitation.

Lena sat up, as if suddenly struck by lightening, staring at her as if she were mad. Yulia sat up too and stared, worried, at her. Had she said something wrong? It was then when she felt Lena's arms around her neck and the weight of her lover's head over her shoulder, tears staining her uniform's shoulder.

"W-w-wha…?" Yulia stuttered. Lena was hitting her shoulder softly, her fist not even completely closed. She was sobbing by now. Yulia didn't know how to comfort her, so she could only start caressing her back in soft circular motions.

"Why did I fall in love with you?" The priorly redhead cried into her shoulder. "All those things we could have done, had we met in another ocasion…" She made an effort to calm herself down. Only as she did, she had the courage to stare into the blue eyes that had possesed her heart. "I am not leaving without saying this, Yulia. I love you… forgive me for not telling it to you more often."

Yulia didn't know how to react. Beshenyoangel was fading between her hands, leaving Elena Katina bare for her eyes to see.

Eight AM. Threatened with being forced apart from her, Yulia decided to leave the bed and get a place right next to the door that lead to the outside corridor, from where Lena would be taken to the execution camera. She would not be able to follow her, and she would be ripped from her arms if the guards found them together in the bunker, so that morning a parting kiss was given and she left.

Beshenyoangel did not imagine she'd have such a crowd staring expectantly at her while she walked down the corridor, hands cuffed behind her back, two guards walking just a step behind herself. Ironical, wasn't it? She was a star waiting to be put out. She silently cursed for men having the right to judge if she should be alive or not, but obediently walked in front of the guards, head kept up proudly. Soon to pass the door to the corridor, Lena spotted Yulia, and for a moment she felt her feelings clearing.

Both of their lips curled up into a goodbye smile. Unexpectedly, Lena stopped being in front of Yulia, making the guards jump softly because they knew how sudden in her actions Beshenyonangel could be.

"I will always be glad that I met you." Lena said, high and loud, before following down into the corridor. Yulia followed her with her eyes until she lost sight of the pale skinned woman, and tiredly climbed down the rail in which she was sitting and walked down to the inner patio.

Lena was escorted by the two guards into the execution room, in which a small public composed of either idle or very cynical civilians sat, staring at the electric chair. Lena stood next to it while a final statement was read, staring at the only people she recognized in the small crowd, sitting in the last row, almost hiding.

Evgeni's family.

She frowned, knowing very well that they had planted evidence against her. Cynical bastards, they wanted to see her die? They would see her go with style. "Is there any statement the accused would like to make before the sentence is done?" A man whose legal position in there Lena wasn't sure of, asked hoarsely.

Lena nodded. "No, but I have a request to be taken in count."

"Please, do share." The man said.

"I would like those people," she nodded her head in direction to Evgeni's horrorized family, "to be put in first row."

The man didn't understand the cause of her request, but he did know that every dying man or woman's wish was to be obeyed. His neck and job were at stake here, so he made two guards escort the uneasy family to the first row of chairs in the execution room. Lena smiled at them, her eyes slitted to mere lines, staring at them while she was strapped down into the chair. Her lips curled as she mouthed her last words ever at them, sure to be excruciatingly defining in every gesture of her lips, effectively burning those words into their heads.

"You killed an innocent woman."

"And the bitch has left the building." The chief guard exclaimed an hour after Lena was taken out of the block. Mara rolled her eyes at both her and at Yulia, whose anger took over her, turning her once calm face into a frown, again. Some inmates had been playing cards next to the boxes where Mara and Yulia were talking, but they were as cautious as to take their game into a cell when they noticed Yulia's face.

The chief guard stood next to the end of inner patio, just next to the steps that lead up to it. "Ah, yes. She's dead. And you, bunch of worthless shits, are all under my foot now."

The blackhaired woman was getting angrier by the minute. This woman's face seemed to be broken apart by a mocking grin. Yulia could not believe she was so worthless as to bask in the death of a human being, but one thing was clear in her mind.

She was not going to let her keep laughing at her lover.

"Stop it!" She jumped at the chief guard, flinging her off the patio and down the stairs. The woman did not know how to react at the sudden attack, but for a moment placing her arms over her head seemed a good idea, proven wrong when Yulia started punching her in the stomach. "Stop it! Stop it, stop it, stop it! She was a good person!" Yulia screamed while hitting her for all she was worth, for all Lena was worth.

"Take her off me!" The chief guard shrieked at her subordinates. They obeyed, running off in her direction and tackling Yulia to the ground while the woman got back on her feet, not knowing what to do of herself. "What are you waiting for? Shoot her!" She yelled in a rather indecorous way.

Both the female guards that had tackled Yulia off their boss went wide eyed and put their hands in front of their shoulders, shaking their heads. "Are you mad? We will be judged if we do!"

"I don't fucking care! Shoot her!" Their chief yelled again, and noticing that Yulia was getting back on her feet to charge at her again, she took the gun from its holster and shot.

Mara couldn't remember feeling so much sorrow inside, standing where Yulia had first knocked the chief guard down the steps, staring at the gun being struggled away from the madwoman's hands, by those who once had been her subordinates, and at the wings of the angel of bloody wings, being stained in yet more blood.

parrish122
31-07-2003, 13:05
Darje, that was simply incredible.

I know I speak for all of us when I say that I'm glad you decided to share this fic with us.

I *rarely* cry at something I've read, but you got me with this one.

Amazing....just amazing. You should be proud. I know that *I* am proud of you.

Parrish

warx
31-07-2003, 15:54
hey darje... r u ok?? i mean...i luv ur fic very much.. i can even feel the pain...anger....

:)
tnx for sharing it

prostrel
31-07-2003, 18:42
Oh my!

Ann t..A.T.u.
31-07-2003, 23:49
O.M.G thats is .... no words can describe how i feel:( :eek: :bum: i loved this fic well done darje

Uhaku
01-08-2003, 00:59
Darje I think this is ur best fic you've written. (Not sure how many of ur fics I've read though). Umm, I like how you use the names as symbols. They have meanings, great! It's very well written. I'm glad you didn't let Lena character live. Urrrrr...not to sound psychotic...I mean it suited the storyline well...errrrrr....Thanks for sharing this fic, it's the only one, lately, that I could manage to read through every chapter. I'm on the doctor's order due to being seriously allergic to sweetness. Heh heh. Cool story!

Kappa
01-08-2003, 04:44
;) Thanks, all! I got the epilogue done. It's not too sweet (I mean, they don't relive, that would be ew :P) but it kind of gives a last message I HOPE people will be able to capture. I *dearly* hope it doesn't ruin the rest of the story with the epilogue, but I can't just finish it off in the last chapter because many things are left unanswered.

And I also have noticed epilogues are something not used anymore in the fiction writing world.

Epilogue

"Serhiozha, come here right now!" The blonde boy stared over at his mother, hiding behind a tombstone. He ran, laughing, back to her and took her hand before staring at her serious eyes. "Sergei, this is not a place to be playing in. Grandpapa and grandmama brought us here because I wanted to find a friend of mine."

Sergei nodded quietly, while Alena stared down at a tombstone she could obviously not read. The cemetary's caretaker had brought them up to here, for what she was sure she was in the right point: otherwise, she could have been staring at the wrong grave.

The boy stared at both sides and shruged. "Mama, where is your friend? I don't see him."

"It's a her." Alena corrected, smiling. "Hey, what's that you've got in your hands?" She asked, noticing Serhiozha had been hiding something behind his back.

"They're white roses! The caretaker told me he had too many of these and gave them to me. He told me I should put them over the… the… toomst--"

"Tombstones?" The blonde woman asked.

"Yes, those. He said it would make the people happy. But this is empty, mama! I think I saw a little girl with his daddy a while ago, but that's it! What people was he talking about?"

"Serhiozha, did your grandparents explain you where dead people go as soon as they die?"

"Yeah, grandpapa told me they're taken to cemetaries." He said. Just a second afterwards, he gasped. "This is a cemetary?" He asked, cluthing to her pants.

"Yes." Alena said, nodding while kneeling to be at his size. "And a very dear friend of mine died a year ago and I come here to make her happy. Would you borrow me one of those roses, darling?" The young boy nodded and gave her one of his roses. "Now, I want you to go and see the most beautiful tombstones you can find, those that have nice drawings, or pretty statues, and put a rose on top of them. Okay?"

Serhiozha nodded and left quickly. Alena smiled, seeing her young son running around the tombstones and staring, wide-eyed, at the tall ones, before turning on her knees and staring down at Lena's tomb. The day was beautiful, bright and blue, with a sun so warm it was difficult to keep a jacket on. The blonde decided to sit with her legs crossed, just in front of the tombstone. "Hey there, Bishal'chik." She said, placing the rose in front of her feet, over the grave. "I'm sorry I took so long to visit you, but it took me some time to find your cousin. He told me where were you resting." She added, her tone apologetic. All this time and she still wouldn't dare call Lena by the name engraved in her tomb, even if she had had to use it to find where she was. "I was released before Serhioza turned eleven. You know, it was amazing to be there on his birthday. That hadn't happened in three years. I think I'll never be completely able to thank the village for what they did for me. Without that general audience, I wouldn't have been able to be freed.

"Mara and I keep contact, still. I visit her at visiting time, in weekends. She's chief of the block now! Who'd think so? For what she tells me, she almost keeps the block like it's a fucking democracy, whatever the hell that means for her. Incredible." Alena kept going, playing with her hands and keeping ocasional glances at the clean stone she was talking to. "She misses you two like hell.

"You probably know this by now. Maybe she rests in your arms while we talk and I am not even noticing. But Yulia was killed just an hour or two after you were executed, by that chief of guards we all hated so much. She just went mad, started insulting you, and Yulia was not able to stand it. I think the whole block is still proud of Yulia for beating the crap out of her before she was tackled to the ground and… and… shot." She sighed, placing her arms behind herself, leaning her head back and staring at the sky. "Fool's comfort, I guess, but ironically, that guard's in death row herself, for killing an inmate. Mara has told me she makes sure that she's… the honor guest, so to speak." She laughed briefly. "I think she deserves it big time. Devil ought to come outta hell and bite her ass just like she spent her lousy days biting ours.

"Yulia did not suffer, we were told. I keep thinking that you two were so destined to be together, she wouldn't have stayed alive anyway. She loved you so much. Mom says it's called 'poetic justice'. I guess I'll dig up into that. Maybe after Serhiozha enters junior high school, I'll learn to read. It would be nice.

"I never found someone who could tell me where Yulia was burried. I wonder where she is." At this point, Alena scratched her head and stared at the tombstone, as if waiting for an answer. When she did not receive one, she sighed. "Maybe I'm mad, talking to a tombstone and all, but I just had to talk it out. I think you two love each other in peace now. And hell did you guys deserve it. But I just hope I'm right."

She stood up and shook the dirt off her pants, staring sadly at the grave before noticing Serhiozha was standing just a few steps away from her, staring at the grave next to this one, with just a rose left in his hand. It was simple stone, with simple engraving of the name, nothing very flashy, nothing like the beautifully engraved tombstones Alena had told Serhiozha to put the roses over. He stared at it for a long moment, before putting the rose down on it.

The cemetary's caretaker smiled as he saw the boy and his mother leaving the place and read the name at the grave that the boy had so intently stared at.

"You are lucky, Ms. Yulia Volkova. You received my most beautiful rose."

He left.

prostrel
01-08-2003, 13:22
Darje, in my opinion the epilogue was a good thing, it completed (/reinforced) the story. And I did use my handkerchief (my first time, never done it before while reading fics). Thank you Darje for this fic!

parrish122
01-08-2003, 14:47
Perfection.

Not to mention utterly beautiful.

Way to go Darje!

Parrish

warx
01-08-2003, 16:58
wow... its just ... WOW!!!
PERFECT....:):)

rivierakid
01-08-2003, 20:28
*just stands there in complete and total awe*

Wow...Just...Wow...

That was amazing. A perfect ending to an incredible story.

Well done my friend! :done:

Ann t..A.T.u.
01-08-2003, 21:06
thats 1 of the best fics ive read. i seriously was close to balling my eyes out when i was reading the epiloge.:hmmm: Very well done Darje:grustno: :done: :rose: Loved it from start to finish.

rylettia
01-08-2003, 22:35
Wow. Excellent job, Darje! The entire story was great, and I can't wait for Crimelike to pick up again. :)

amikana
02-08-2003, 01:06
freaking *awesome* work here, darje.

one of the best fics i've ever read, to be honest.

i loved it - great job. :)

amikana

Lena410
02-08-2003, 10:36
That was amazing! I'm still speechless...Wow

Kappa
02-08-2003, 22:36
Thanks for all your kind words, people... :) I really hoped you would like the story, and I'm so glad you did! :D

smilie faces
04-08-2003, 04:40
it was saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! saaaaad!
my eyes went all watery !!
buaaaaaaa

XSpex
06-08-2003, 05:05
I love this fic! Lots of emotions. I truly admire your talent to write!