PDA

View Full Version : Scary Stories

QueenBee
14-07-2003, 11:26
Since there is a joke-thread I thought I'd make a scary story thread for those lonely rainy nights.. :spy:

The first one is really scary, scares the crap out of me. If you have any, please feel free to add :D

This is an urban legend, but I don't see any difference.

The white lady
This takes place in a university in the Philippines. A security guard was hired to do a night shift in an old building. His supervisor told him, "Just make sure that this building is well secured from anyone...especially the students who always seem to look for isolated spots where they can do illegal stuff". Then he said, "But there's something I need to warn you about this place". "What is it"? The guard replied. "This place is haunted" said his boss. "Sure I can live with that". said the guard with confidence. They shook hands and the supervisor said "Great you can start tonight, but during your shift, no matter what you do do not open the front when it knocks during 12:00 am". "OK". said the guard.

With that done the guard prepared himself and started his shift. It was nearing midnight and everything was going smoothly. Then as he'd expected, the door knocks. Due to his curiousity, he took a peek through the door's keyhole. (It was an old building) It was kinda hard to make anything out of. He saw nothing but it seems like the outside environment is cloaked by this red aura. Every night for one week it was the same thing he saw, everythings red through the hole. Then finally he's curiousity was too much for him to handle. He called his boss and ask about the story behind the building. "OK, since you've been here one week now and you probably gotten used to the place i'll tell you...there is a white lady that roams in this place". (A white lady is a spirit woman that wears a white gown and has long hair. You can't see it's legs and face and floats while moving) "But this one's special". "How special?" the guard questioned. "This one has red eyes." The guard realized that evertime he was peeking through the hole, the white lady was looking back at him. He was never to be seen again.

I could move for three hours after reading that one. It's just that I have a thing with keyholes and being watched. :P

---

The man on the phone
A young couple living in a large isolated house had gone out to a dinner party one evening and left the baby-sitter in charge of their two children. The children had been put to bed and the baby-sitter was watching the television when the phone rang. She answered but all she heard was a man laughing maniacally and then a voice saying, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up." Thinking it was "one of those phone calls" or a practical joke she slammed down the receiver and turned the television sound up. A short time later the phone rang again and, as she picked it up, the unmistakable hysterical laughter came down the line and the voice once again said "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up."

Getting rather frightened she called the operator and was advised they would notify the police and, should he phone again, could she keep him talking in order to give them time to trace the call and have him arrested. Minutes after she replaced the receiver the phone rang again and, when the voice said, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up," she tried to keep him talking. However, he must have guessed what she was trying to do and he put the phone down.

Only seconds later the phone rang again, this time it was the operator who said, "Get out of the house straight away, the man is on the extension." The baby-sitter put down the phone and just then heard someone coming down the stairs. She fled from the house and ran straight into the arms of the police. They burst into the house and found a man brandishing a large butcher's knife.
He had entered the house through an upstairs window, murdered both the children and was just about to do the same to the poor baby-sitter.

denial
14-07-2003, 12:44
ewwww..this is cruel for someone who have to sleep and shower alone like me .. but anyway thanks queenbee..I like the stories .. just have to survive a few nights before I can get over it .. lol

Veritas
14-07-2003, 12:46
My grandmother was living on her own in a flat for a good few years at this stage, and while she was living in this particular apartment she never felt like she was alone. One night while she was sleeping she felt a sudden chill that cut through her bones. She woke up and saw this naked girl of about 16 standing infront of her. She ignored it and told her she didn't believe in it and didn't want to see it. This carried on for another good few nights and finally one night my gran woke up and said, "Okay fine, what do you want to show me?" - the girl led her into the bathroom and pointed under the bath. My gran didn't know what she wanted but eventually decided to get someone to dig up the bath. When they did they found the bones of the girl who appeared to my grandmother during the nights and they found out that the father of that girl raped her one night, didn't want anybody to find out about it so he killed her and buried her under the bath, never to be found again. But she was!

QueenBee
14-07-2003, 12:56
Veritas, you have officially ruined my life. :P
I will never enter the bathroom again.. Nor sleep. :eek:

EeZeReal
14-07-2003, 13:03
Veritas, If that really was true then :eek:

Although I believe in ghosts and ish so it could very well be true...

That White Lady Story was pretty cool queenbee... :heh:

There are so many 'White Lady' urban legends, its amazing... :rolleyes:

denial
14-07-2003, 13:56
Originally posted by Veritas
My grandmother was living on her own in a flat for a good few years at this stage, and while she was living in this particular apartment she never felt like she was alone.

yay!!! why do this thread keep calling me to comeback and check!! now I have to sleep with all the lights on!!! .. maybe I just ask my friend next room to live her door open .. urr. I hope she coming home tonight .. urr.. maybe I call her now and ask ..

Just for your info.. I am a very very sensitive person .. :bebebe:

Veritas
14-07-2003, 14:44
And I wish it wasn't true, but during my earlier childhood (yes I realise I'm still a kid ok?) I'd hear all these things that would happen whilst my mother and aunt were still teenagers. Another one is that my gran, mom and aunt all had to sleep in one bed during much earlier years, and every now and again they'd hear the wooden floors creak as if someone were walking on them. No one would want to check what it was and the noise would go louder and louder and louder and finally just vanish...like nothing happened and they'd have that eerie silence until morning decides to break which can seem like days sometimes.

QueenBee
14-07-2003, 16:22
I just remember I've felt a cold sudden chill through my whole body once while I was almost asleep. Seriously it felt like something entered my body. :eek: The strange thing was that I thought things would go downhill from that moment (I believed in ghosts, spririts, etc)... And things really did go downhill.

So at first I thought it was psychosomatic, you know, that I got sad because I thought I would get sad, I got headaches because I "wanted" to have headaches etc.

Then I remember another time, this happened a couple of nights in a row - It sounded as if someone was in my room flipping the pages of a book. I just blamed it on my hamsters, they make alot of noise. It was really scary though, trust me. :eek:

denial
15-07-2003, 01:10
well..well.. I had a hard time to sleep last night .. :bebebe: :bebebe: ...anyway I came in here with eyes closed tight .. I just can't resist it .. I am typing this with my eyes closed and I am not reading anything and I am going to leave with my eyes closed... :bebebe:

kishkash
15-07-2003, 03:10
*looks around like a paranoid rat*

OMG...i like to convince myself that im grown up enough NOT to get freaked by this stuff...but it creeps me out to no end.

*bites nails*

Veritas
15-07-2003, 12:55
Why it is so hard for some people to resist scary stories, movies etc? Is the thrill we get out of it more intriguing to us that say a story about happy things? I know some people who live for horror movies and what not and I used to love them, and then my paranoia got the better of me and I wasn't able to watch anything that included bad spirits etc - I'm much better now though, but back then I would freak out immensely. Also I think it's because I have such a vivid imagination and I could really just freak myself out if I wanted to. Isn't that scary!