PDA

View Full Version : The Grave Robbers

parrish122
29-06-2003, 17:12
This is a story my friend Tonya told me, that she swears is true.

Back when she was 8 years old, she had to go to this family reunion at her grandmother's house.

Her grandmother was all into american indian stuff, and everyone in the family knew that she collected anything related to native americans.

The family was also talking about the fact that the nearby native american burial ground was being moved, and that the graves were being dug up to be reburied somewhere else.

So Tonya's cousin Spencer (who was the same age as Tonya) got an idea. You can see where this is going, right?

Yep, they figured that grandma would *love* to have an indian! So at the tender age of 8, my friend Tonya and her cousin were grave robbers!

So they go out to the burial ground, dig up a grave, and put the bones in a bag.

About half-way back to their grandmother's house, Tonya starts thinking that maybe this wasn't such a great idea. So she tells cousin Spencer that since it was *his* idea and he'd done most of the work, that he could have all the credit. He was quite happy about this. Clearly, cousin Spencer wasn't all that bright.

So in marches cousin Spencer into a room full of relatives. Tonya watched from a safe distance as he handed the bag to their grandmother and said, "This is a present for you, grandma."

Their grandmother smiled, thanked him, and then looked into the bag.

Then she screamed like she'd just seen Satan, and fainted.

Adults swarmed over to the passed out grandmother. When an old woman suddenly falls to the floor, it gets attention. Meanwhile, cousin Spencer stared at the scene with a puzzled look on his face and Tonya was convinced that he'd managed to kill their grandmother.

Eventually, someone looked into the bag and found the dead indian. They were not amused, and cousin Spencer's pointing out that the bones would have been dug up by someone else anyway didn't help matters.

In the end, cousin Spencer was forced to bury the bones back where he'd gotten them, as his grandmother prayed for the native american to be at rest and to please forgive her idiot grandchild. :)

Parrish

Will
29-06-2003, 17:31
now that's what i call a very very nice cousin :D cool story *lol*

warx
29-06-2003, 18:28
weird....all of the sudden, i remember: "tales from the crypt"

:):):)

parrish122
29-06-2003, 20:00
*snickers*

If this was a tales from the crypt story, the dead guy would have come back to life and scalped the whole family, or something like that. :)

Parrish

YLuelniaa
02-07-2003, 02:47
ok now thats just plain wierd...very weird child...

pacmangirl
02-07-2003, 05:23
LOL, aww.. ain't innocent childhood great? Hmm.. reminds me too much of what my cousing and *I* used to do.. lol :)

QueenBee
08-07-2003, 11:17
WOW that is totally psycho...
Sounds like something I would do.