PDA

View Full Version : What's your name?

Kappa
29-06-2003, 07:30
It's an idle thread but as there has been age and sexuality threads, I wonder why not put this one. We know the name of several members but it'd be fun to know everyone's names.

Now, no one's being forced to put up their name. This is just for fun. ^.^

*ahem* My name is... slim shady! *coughs* Siskia.

pacmangirl
29-06-2003, 07:39
*stands up and waves* Hello.. I'm Claudia.

btw, I was wondering, if you don't mind [b]darje[b/], if you guys also want to explain your nick. Fun :yes:?

pacmangirl: My all-time favorite video game is Pacman. lol.. not too hard to guess :D

Lux
29-06-2003, 07:53
Hi my name is Lux, and i'm a homosexualist.
*darje whispers*
OH. wrong one.
Hi my name is Lux, and i'm an alcoholic.
*darje slaps*
OH. gotcha.
my name is Sydney, and I'm a tatuholic.:D

Lux Lisbon is the name of Kirsten Dunst's character on the Virgin Suicides. I like the name and it was a good movie.

Kappa
29-06-2003, 08:17
Lux :lol: Now I am such a public figure that I deserve to slap you?

Claudia, bonito nombre. :)

My nick is nothing special. My nick in another forum called Hamena.org used to be Darkewing, as in that duck superheroe dude which my brother used to idol when we were very young. It eventually disintegrated into Darke. Then, by mere fate (or maybe someone with dislexia), someone called me Darje and I liked it. So it stuck.

And it's been my nick ever after.

nath
29-06-2003, 10:20
My first name is Nathalie. My father wanted a first name Russian because its back grandmother was Russian. When I was born, a French singer, Gilbert Bйcaud, made a song: "Nathalie"..this is why I am called like that..

NATHALIE
La place Rouge йtait vide
Devant moi marchait Nathalie
Il avait un joli nom, mon guide
Nathalie

La place Rouge йtait blanche
La neige faisait un tapis
Et je suivais par ce froid dimanche
Nathalie

Elle parlait en phrases sobres
De la rйvolution d'octobre
Je pensais dйjа
Qu'aprиs le tombeau de Lйnine
On irait au cafe Pouchkine
Boire un chocolat

La place Rouge йtait vide
J'ai pris son bras, elle a souri
Il avait des cheveux blonds, mon guide
Nathalie, Nathalie...

Dans sa chambre а l'universitй
Une bande d'йtudiants
L'attendait impatiemment
On a ri, on а beaucoup parlй
Ils voulaient tout savoir
Nathalie traduisait

Moscou, les plaines d'Ukraine
Et les Champs-Йlysйes
On а tout melangй
Et l'on а chantй

Et puis ils ont dйbouchй
En riant а l'avance
Du champagne de France
Et l'on а dansй

Et quand la chambre fut vide
Tous les amis etaient partis
Je suis restй seul avec mon guide
Nathalie

Plus question de phrases sobres
Ni de rйvolution d'octobre
On n'en йtait plus lа
Fini le tombeau de Lenine
Le chocolat de chez Pouchkine
C'est, c'йtait loin dйjа

Que ma vie me semble vide
Mais je sais qu'un jour а Paris
C'est moi qui lui servirai de guide
Nathalie, Nathalie

The Red Square was empty
In front of me Nathalie walked
It had a pretty name, my guide
Nathalie

The Red Square was white
Snow made a carpet
And I followed by this cold Sunday
Nathalie

She spoke in sober sentences about
Revolution of October
I thought already
That after the tomb of Lйnine
We would go to the Pouchkine coffee
To drink a chocolate

The Red Square was empty
I took her arm, she smiled
She had fair hair, my guide
Nathalie, Nathalie...

In her room at the university
A band of students
Waited her impatiently
We laughed, we spoken much
They wanted all to know
Nathalie translated

Moscow, plains of Ukraine
And Champs-Йlysйes
We all mixed
And we sung

And then they emerged
While laughing in advance
Champagne of France
And we all danced

And when the room was empty
All the friends were gone
I remained only with my guide
Nathalie

No question of sober sentences
Nor of Revolution of October
We were not there any more
Finished the tomb of Lenine
Chocolate from Pouchkine
It was, it was far already

That my life seems to me empty
But I know that one day in Paris
It is me which will be used to her as guide
Nathalie, Nathalie

When I read Tatu's interviews which occur to the Pouchkine Coffee, I say me :"They went in "my" song's Coffee...." ..lol...
Narcissistic Nathalie ;°)

aoitenshi
29-06-2003, 10:30
Bond .. James Bond *lol*

denial
29-06-2003, 10:51
hi Nathalie ...

beautiful name.. beautiful song .. :)

jockdstylez
29-06-2003, 11:21
Allo! Im Lisa.. nice to meet you all..

alright well since I can't sleep.. i'll give you some background on my sn:

i was actually going to choose Akane as my sn (after a character in one of my fav. anime's) but I thought that it should coincide with my other sn's..so i chose jockdstylez.. it's a slang, or ebonics if you will..jockd meaning to want or to copy.. and stylez meaning styles..lol so its wanted or copied styles.. as in my "stylez" are copied or wanted..lol yea i know.. my friend made it up for me.. what can i say? :gigi:

EeZeReal
29-06-2003, 12:06
My name is Phil...

and...I havn't a daaaayumed clue what my sn means...

nath
29-06-2003, 12:30
Hi Denial..thanks..What's your first name?...Denial is a nickname that I've met somewhere,in another place that this forum..but I can't remember where...kiss

nath
29-06-2003, 12:33
Sorry Denial...I'm stupid...I remember now.."Little minut"..".Blink" to you..

Disengage
29-06-2003, 14:27
I'm John.

Disengage is a song by an old hardcore band from the 80's called Youth of Today. I love the song, and I thought it made a cool user name. That's about all there is to it. A little fact for any Rival Schools fans: Walter Schreifels(singer/songwriter for RS) and Sammy Siegler(drummer for RS) both played in Youth of Today back in the day.

sheerblade
29-06-2003, 15:05
Im Alex

sheerblade has like 2 origins, 1) It was the surname of my EQ Char that I played for 2 and half years before I sold my account. 2) I used to walk around with a knife cause I used to live in a bad neighborhood so the name kinda stuck.

crni
29-06-2003, 15:37
i'm Petar...

...and my nick is my true nick from real life...and it's been a shortened version of my last name... :D

freddie
29-06-2003, 18:01
My name? It doesn't matter. I'm a man of mystery. My identity can not be uncovered. Never!!! I think that no one wants to hear my stupid name. I'm planing on having it changed anyhow :p

Lets just say for now that I'm a Freddie Mercury wannabe...

Just some useless trivia: Did you know that Freddie's real name was actualy Faroukh Bulsara, and that the name "Farouk" (or "Faruq") means "a person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic. I was even called Faroukh for a short period of time in secondary school after my obsession with Queen. :D

snowangel14
29-06-2003, 18:52
Hi!

my real names Karen:)

And my nick is taken from a novel. I've forgotten the authors name soo..:rolleyes: anyways...
snowangel is the name from the novel and 14 is my age...there :D :)

luxxi
29-06-2003, 18:58
Luka. Luxxi is what folks call me.

QueenBee
29-06-2003, 19:26
<-Monica Eve D*********

<-Queen of the bees.. The bees protect their queen and do everything she wants them to do :D Without her there would be no life and when she's mad she can eat her eggs :p *ohboy* And then Lil Kim came with that Queenbee s*it and totally ruined the meaning of it :p

prostrel
29-06-2003, 20:58
Prostrel (with 2 r:s in it :) ) When I registered to this tatyside.net, my head was filled with emptiness and I had no idea what could be my nickname. Something in Russian it shall be. I leafed through my dictionary of Russian and there it was : prostrel. It has 2 meanings: it is a delicate flower (Pulsatilla/Anemone) and it is also a lumbago = just like me :) Perfecto!
My real name, not important.

Bitty2002
29-06-2003, 21:16
Brittany

I have been Bitty2002 since I was 12. It is like a second name really. On any messenger service, email, anything, it is my online name. Bitty? just because some people used to call me Little Bit, Britt the Bit, etc. And the 2002 was a special year, now it is past, but when I was 12 it was big deal of a year, lol.

Uhaku
29-06-2003, 22:00
uhaku doesn't mean anything. i just typed some alphabets up cus i thought i'd never gonna post. (i was wrong. Lol, now i'm stuck with this. errrr---).

0newinged
29-06-2003, 22:01
Hi, I'm Paul... such a plain name... some people still can't spell it though :p yeah sooo anyways...

My nick? well it's actually a zero NOT an O as the first letter, the reason I changed it was because every time I tried to register somewhere onewinged was taken... anyways its a Final Fantasy 7 reference so I'm not very original :heh: hmm it's got symbolism to me I guess..

Ripptyd
29-06-2003, 22:28
My name is Taryn.

Ripptyd has ALWAYS been my online names. I've had it ever since I had first gotten AOL when I was...11, I think. And I'm 17 now.

My last name is Ripley, so there you have the Ripp part. And we used to live in Florida. In that time, I practically lived in water and hated when we had moved to Alaska because the water wasn't the same.

So we thought of riptides. And then just spelled it differently to make it unique. :)

Echoed
30-06-2003, 17:09
Apparently, my name means "snot" in some language or other. It's so... valorizing to know that. *Snickers.* I'm oh so special. :P

Echo? Well. There are several meanings as to why I chose this screen name. But let's just say the words you read from me are echoes of my thoughts.

~Echo.

QueenBee
30-06-2003, 19:17
Echoed, you damn mysterious person! :P

sheerblade
30-06-2003, 19:25
Very mysterious person indeed ;)

rivierakid
30-06-2003, 20:37
*waves* Hi, my name is Katie, I'm 16, and I am a tatuholic and a fanficaholic. :D

As for my screenname, I'm a big fan of this TV show called "Red Dwarf" (I know at least the British fans know what I'm talking about), and in one episode they are stuck in this western game, and one of the characters goes by the name "The Riviera Kid". I though it sounded cool, so I used it as my screenname. ^_^

"This is a job for the...RRRRRIVIERA KID!" *insert fancy mexican guitar riff here*

I'm also slightly crazy, if you haven't noticed already. ^_^;;

lusterkat
30-06-2003, 20:50
*stands up and waves like a princess* Hi, I'm Brittany and I am a tatuholic.

Origin of SN: luster = cool word for shiny, kat = i like cartoon cats and it looks better with a "k"

good to see that i'm not the only brittany here.

-- wanna know anything else? ask then.

Tranz
30-06-2003, 20:55
How you doin? My name is Kevin. Kool to find out everyones name, lol my first name is pretty much common.

My nickname is for this forum is the first half of my screen name. Figured it was short and sweet. :heh:

PowerPuff Grrl
30-06-2003, 23:39
Hey, my real name is Salam. I had a lot of nicknames when I was a kid.

I chose PowerPuff Grrl to be my username because I have a big hair. My friends say that if there was a fourth, black PowerPuff Girl she would probably look a lot like me.

Mute_Clouds
01-07-2003, 03:05
My name is james -giggles for no reason-
and Im addicted to paint chips -giggles and bites my hand shaking back and forth-

I was named after my dad, and hes a truck driver. Im sad to say I have carnie in my blood thats why Im a little spaz monkey...Okay Im not really spasmadic but it makes for an intresting post! :coctail:

Dent
01-07-2003, 03:22
My name is UHN My name is WHAT My name is WHO

hehehe

My name is Charles. it was going to be Douglas, but an uncle of mine said to my mother that Douglas was name of dog ehehehe

Dent, i took from a series called Code Name Eternity, and Dent was an indestructible android, who could transform on another person after geting his DNA by touching them. I liked him, so i assimilated the nick hehhehe

Cya

Dent :cool:

smilie faces
01-07-2003, 03:28
hey darje !! I AM the Shady .. you know that !! :bebebe:

my name's elaine

and when i typed a nick for this forum, i didn't want to use my common internet names.. the ones i'm known for, i wanted it to be different.. so i just typed whatever came into my mind at the moment..
the thing is, it suits me well.. cause i have an obssesion with smilies... even my trash bin is yellow with a smilie
gotta love 'em :p

..epic !! :cool:

Kappa
01-07-2003, 07:29
smilie faces, don't I know that. I posted that just to bother you. :laugh:

Echoed's name is indeed a mistery. As all the rest of her persona. But it's fun to try and get it outta her. ;) Anyhow, no bothering her!

Dent, Charles? You being brazileiro, I would think you were a Carlos instead of a Charles... funny thing.

As for Siskia, it has always been the source of my disgrace. As NO ONE knows how to spell here in Mexico, even in official documents, I've become Sizkia, Ciskia, even Cinthia sometimes (thought I wonder how the hell do they manage to hear Cinthia out of Siskia), and the most poetic that they ever wrote in one of my documents, Zisquia.

But I adore my name nonetheless because my given pet name is Sis, which some people take as sis (little sister). So at some point, I'm always my friends' little sister. :D LOL.

I already explained darje up there. I really don't know where that came from. I just know that's my name everywhere.

ILA-CHAN
01-07-2003, 07:46
I'm a new entry!!
My name is ILARIA!
But you can call me only ILA!
byeeee ILA

Ruivelle
01-07-2003, 18:23
well ... mine is Rui ... ochen priyatna :D :D ... and for the nick ... well ... i use this nick since 4 years ago and it means ... um .. nothing ... HAHAHA !!! I just like it , got my name in it and so on so forth ... :D :D

Ripptyd
01-07-2003, 22:24
I'll explain Taryn because I explained Ripptyd, since I've always had trouble having people even pronounce it. LOL.

I was supposed to be named Tara Lynn. BUT miraculously, a neighbor moved in with a new baby named....Tara Lynn. Mom wasn't having that and just smooooooooshed the names together to make Taryn.

I like my name. I really do. I used to dislike being different with my name. But I've learned to love it.

The only bit that's annoying is when people somehow get Terrence, or Torrence, or Travis out of my name. It seems like they look at it and just think of a random name when they can't pronounce it. LOL.

QueenBee
01-07-2003, 22:56
Ripptyd, whoa! Great way of coming up with names :D I promise I'll name all my children Taryn. :p

Darje.. Zisquia! Lol.. Sorry it just looks like a damn awesome name..

Dent
02-07-2003, 02:57
Dent, Charles? You being brazileiro, I would think you were a Carlos instead of a Charles... funny thing.

Well it seems that Charles is a french name, i think, and here is the equivalent of Carlos. So much that here in Brazil the translation for the name of Charlemagne is Carlos Magno ehehhe.

Cya

Dent :cool:

febrika
02-07-2003, 03:11
hi everyone !

my name's pamella and febrika's my first name which i rare to use. so, thinkin to use it for my sn.

kishkash
02-07-2003, 03:28
Just some useless trivia: Did you know that Freddie's real name was actualy Faroukh Bulsara, and that the name "Farouk" (or "Faruq") means "a person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic. I was even called Faroukh for a short period of time in secondary school after my obsession with Queen.

yep...u got it freddie! U are def obsessed w/ Queen man ;) (except Farokh is an old Persian Name...not arabic ;))

My claim to fame with Queen is that my uncle went to school with Freddie, and was the drummer in the band that they had when they were in school. I remember once watching a documentary about the life of Freddie a.k.a Faroukh Balsara and seeing my uncle talking about the band and freddie... i was like WTF! It was kinda kewl

*returns from OT*

K so My real name is so gross (I hate it) that i wouldn't dare utter it for fear that people will die upon reading it :D ^_^

My nic Kishkash means nothing really...A friend and i were making fun of the fact that no one ever seems to be able to pronounce my name properly, and so we ended up coming up with all these names that people end up saying instead of my real name. One of them was kishkash and it was so damn funny that it ended up sticking as a nic for me :D (It would make more sense to u if u knew my last name)

XSpex
02-07-2003, 06:04
Hi! My name is Patricia, very common name here in mexico... but i like it :)

There are really cool names and nics here!

Ah, and my nic, it doesn't mean anything... when I logged on tatugirls forum I was listening to this band named "X Ray Spex", so I decided to used some of those letter to make my id... I thought it was cool... actually i can't pronounce it :D

Kappa
02-07-2003, 06:38
XSpex, my brother's named Patricio and my neighbor's name is Patricia. And my best friend's name is Patricio (not my brother). And... today I met another Patricio. LOL.

queenbee, that's the thing... I like being Siskia. But when everyone hears it, it's like with Taryn. I end up being Christian or Cynthia or some other random name. *sighs*

Celtic Jobber
02-07-2003, 07:49
My real name's Jonathan. Celtic Jobber is a screenname I've used for 4 years now and it comes from a nickname some friend's gave me when I was going to wrestling school (I ended up dropping out after 2 days. The pain, the utter agony!).

A jobber is a pro wrestler whose main job function is to lose matches.

smilie faces
02-07-2003, 09:01
same happens with my name.. it's very rare that people get to pronounce it properly.. heck my mom was worried the priest said it wrong when I was getting baptised.. (i don't know why it would've mattered anyways) :dknow:

the thing is, my name is pronounced differently by people, yet some manage to mouth some of the correct pronounciations of it.. when people get stuck on it, like some of my professors at University.. I just tell them to call me Elena which would be the Spanish translation for Elaine, or i'd tell them to call me "Dein" wich is one of my nicknames :cool:

freddie
02-07-2003, 13:04
yep...u got it freddie! U are def obsessed w/ Queen man (except Farokh is an old Persian Name...not arabic )

My claim to fame with Queen is that my uncle went to school with Freddie, and was the drummer in the band that they had when they were in school. I remember once watching a documentary about the life of Freddie a.k.a Faroukh Balsara and seeing my uncle talking about the band and freddie... i was like WTF! It was kinda kewl

OMG, OMG, OMG Kishkash you are now officaly my god. I worship you... *bows*
Marry me. Or at least adopt me. Or I'll adopt you. Or something:D

I can't even belive I'm in the presence of someone who was an uncle that was in a band with the god almighty.
What was the name of the band? Tell me, tell me, tell me... I know practicaly all the bands he was in before Queen... was it "The Platters" rip off band that he was in when he was in boarding school in India?

About the name: I think we might both be right. It makes sense the name "Farouk" is persian because he was persian. But I guess the name is arabic and egiptian as well (all those cultures were heavily interconected during the history anyway). This is what is written about the name on that "behind the names web site":

FAROUK m Arabic
Variant of FARUQ. This was the name of the last king of Egypt.
FARUQ m Arabic
Means "person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic.

OK this is my story about not having my name pronounced right. My grandfather was a german from Cologne and he got very pissed when my mom gave me a completely slavic name because there was no way he could pronounce it properly. Haha..It was so funny. He died in 86 but I can still see him struggling to pronounce my name. Such memories :)

btw: People you all have very cool names. We're an extraordianry bunch here on tatysite.net.:cool:

rosh
02-07-2003, 16:36
rosh , is an abbreviation of my given name which is roshan. roshan is an urdu/persian/hindi/sanskrit name [unisex as well] which means skylight/bright/illuminating.

as for pronounciation .. ive all but given up telling people how to say it properly cause hardly anyone gets it right :) i just try and listen out for the word that sounds closest to my name hehe :)

otherwise, just call me rosh, its short and sweet and sorta easy to say [i hope anyway!]

skye
02-07-2003, 19:30
well....my name is......uh...it's chinese....it's not accurate to prounce if I tpye in English :user: and not you all could read the Chinese letters in the screen :lalala: just that it be a mystry :p

warx
04-07-2003, 00:02
hi...
my name?
its warlie (frm WARLITO-my dad's name)

then my nick....my GF calls me warx:):)...(dunno y, but i like it)

pacmangirl
04-07-2003, 00:58
darje and ripptyd I feel you! I get my name confused all the time.. well, in the US mostly, for Tonya, Shawna, Sonya.. I mean.. wtf?? It's C-L-A-U-D-I-A!! :D
Oooo, and know what?? In russian it's Klavdiya :yes:

parrish122
04-07-2003, 01:36
*laughs*

I guess I'll join the "nobody can say my name right" club. My name is Fredda...pronounced like it looks. Fred-da...not so hard, right?

Then why do people keep saying it as Free-da? <Sigh> Or Frey-da?

Parrish is just my last name. I tend to go by it, simply because I've never had anyone say that one wrong. :)

Oh, and Riviera? *I* knew where you got your name from, and I'm not British. :D *I* even knew the episode. So there. :)

Parrish

rivierakid
04-07-2003, 01:44
Originally posted by parrish122
Oh, and Riviera? *I* knew where you got your name from, and I'm not British. :D *I* even knew the episode. So there. :)

Well of course *you* knew...:rolleyes: I even told you what it was myself a long time ago. I was just saying that most people wouldn't know what I was talking about, but British people would be the most likely to get it. So :bebebe: to you! ^_^;;

parrish122
04-07-2003, 01:48
*I* knew before you told me. *I* asked you if you'd gotten the name from Red Dwarf. *You* just confirmed what I already knew. So :bebebe: back at you. :D

Parrish

rivierakid
04-07-2003, 01:53
You didn't know *for sure* though. That's why you asked. So :bebebe::bebebe::bebebe::bebebe:!

Don't make me get my baseball bat...^_^;;;

kishkash
04-07-2003, 04:17
I know practicaly all the bands he was in before Queen... was it "The Platters" rip off band that he was in when he was in boarding school in India?

*nods*u got it....that was the one. They were in boarding school together...and the band was actually pretty good...from the footage i saw in the documentary.

:D Im glad u make u excited ;)

About the name...U are right! Both Middle Eastern and Persians use the same names/similar. It origionalted in Ancient Persia first, then was widely used around the middle eastern area. Since Arabic and Farsi have their similarities, so does the meanings of the names :D

I should prob have a chat w/ my uncle eh...and try and find out some stuff about FM fer ya ;) *searches wildly for his email addy* :done:

russkayatatu
04-07-2003, 11:06
Hmmm, my username means "Russian tatu" in Russian :D How did I pick it? I'd never had a nick before - in a chat or on a forum - and when I was registering I thought it should be something about tatu, though not tatufan or Ilovetatu like others had, so I thought, why not "russkayatatu"? I made it up then, and didn't really think I'd use it for long :)

My real name? That's not important :gigi:

freddie
04-07-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by kishkash
*nods*u got it....that was the one. They were in boarding school together...and the band was actually pretty good...from the footage i saw in the documentary.

:D Im glad u make u excited ;)

About the name...U are right! Both Middle Eastern and Persians use the same names/similar. It origionalted in Ancient Persia first, then was widely used around the middle eastern area. Since Arabic and Farsi have their similarities, so does the meanings of the names :D

I should prob have a chat w/ my uncle eh...and try and find out some stuff about FM fer ya ;) *searches wildly for his email addy* :done:

Yes, yes, yes chat with him!!! Tell me something!!! I'm hungry for anything:D
I'd be indebt to you forever:D

I think the name of the band was The Hectics, named after Freddie's style of piano playing... but I guess your uncle would know a little more about that ;)

LenochkaO
05-07-2003, 16:28
My real name's Eleanor and it's not so far from there to Lenochka. My bf calls me Lena, Lenka, Lenochka and occasionally Len, when he's taking the piss out of the Moscow accent (he's from Khabarovsk).

My surname (actually it's my ex-husband's family name) begins with O. I'm sometimes known as ursa minor, because my surname is Japanese for "little bear".

Mossopp
05-07-2003, 16:41
My real name is Lorna. I hate it though and, no matter how much I insist, I can't get people to call me by my nickname in my day-to-day life or at my job. I wouldn't mind being referred to as Mossopp all the time but it's not a particularly fitting name for an Accountant! :laugh:

It's a kinda embarrassing story about how I came to be known as 'Mossopp'.
During the late 80's/early 90's there was a childrens TV show in the UK called 'The Riddlers'. The Riddlers were a group of ugly little troll-type creatures who lived at the bottom of an overgrown old garden.
One day, many years ago, I was travelling home on the school bus and some wee boy I'd never met before came up to me and said "Hey, you look like one of them Riddlers off the TV!!!".
One of The Riddlers was called Mossop.
My friend Emma, whom I was sitting beside on the bus that day, then yelled "Yeah - you look like the one called Mossop!!!!" and all the kids sitting around us started laughing their arses off at me.
Now, of course, I look nothing like a Riddler - I am not ginger, I am not 4 feet tall, I do not live in a potting shed and I'm not entirely ugly (even if I do say so myself ). However, from that day on, everyone at school started to call me Mossop and the name just kinda stuck. I added the extra "P" on the end to make it a bit more original and I have been known as Mossopp ever since!
It may be a wierd name but it's definately better than 'Lorna'! :bebebe:

kishkash
05-07-2003, 18:20
During the late 80's/early 90's there was a childrens TV show in the UK called 'The Riddlers'. The Riddlers were a group of ugly little troll-type creatures who lived at the bottom of an overgrown old garden

Hey I remember that show! I used to love it! The Riddlers were so ugly they were cute! :D

Ripptyd
05-07-2003, 21:40
*grins*
Almost sounds like Fraggle Rock. Only they weren't trolls. But they lived underground, beneath a garden and always came up to get raddishes. LOL.

And there was these little dudes called Dozers. They went around on bulldozers all the time, building this tiny little crystal buildings for their own mini city thing.

Ooooo, I'm getting all nostalgic. Jim Henson was a GOD.
*goes to download Fraggle Rock episodes*

freddie
05-07-2003, 22:29
hey! I remember that show. We had it in Slovenia in the 80s. It was translated as "Fracki". I know that those "fracki" people always ate the crystal buildings what the little guys built.

And there was one old lady that was made out of a pille of garbage. And the familly of trolls, and the young trole always wanted to capture the fracki dudes... haha

LenochkaO
06-07-2003, 01:39
Originally posted by Ripptyd
Ooooo, I'm getting all nostalgic. Jim Henson was a GOD.
*goes to download Fraggle Rock episodes*

Indeed he was, God rest his soul. Bring back the Muppet Show, I say!

crni
06-07-2003, 01:47
Jim Henson???

am i missing something here (like who's he)...? whatever...

Bring back the Muppet Show, I say!
oh yeah! great show :D

freddie
06-07-2003, 01:49
He's the creator of the Muppet Show :D

kishkash
06-07-2003, 03:20
And there was these little dudes called Dozers. They went around on bulldozers all the time, building this tiny little crystal buildings for their own mini city thing

Yep i LOVED them...soo tiny and cute. I remember when i was young i wanted one as a pet! LOL

crni
06-07-2003, 11:09
Originally posted by freddie
He's the creator of the Muppet Show :D

ok, sorry. didn't know that :gigi:

then he's a great man :D

forre
06-07-2003, 11:18
Off-top!
Back to your names please.
Btw, mine is right under
|
V

crni
06-07-2003, 12:12
Originally posted by forre
Off-top!
Back to your names please.
Btw, mine is right under
|
V

and your nick...? :gigi:

forre
06-07-2003, 12:30
<-- :lol: Right to the left

crni
06-07-2003, 15:22
Originally posted by forre
<-- :lol: Right to the left

now, now!

you know what i meant :yes:

explanation please...:spy:

coolasfcuk
06-07-2003, 15:41
my name: ha also underneath. But you know, my real name, as given to me by my parents in Bulgarian is spelled like this in Cyrillic: Христина but since litteraly translited into Latin alphabet it would look like this: Hristina (for the pronanciation - try a real Slavic, rolled 'R' after pronauncing the 'H' as in 'Hui')- well, picture someone eanglish speaking/non bulgarian trying to say that :flag: :lol: They simply cant. So, for that reason, in English it is spelled simply Christina.

My nick - heh what can I say - I am as cool as fcuk. ha ha, actually - right about the time I was registering I had bough a bunch of French Connection T-shirts - and one of them said 'Cool As Fcuk' :) So, I got a nick name. Not to mention it fit just perfectly - since Tatu got those t's also - :gigi:

Lцfberg
06-07-2003, 15:53
My name is Janne.

denial
06-07-2003, 17:45
My name is .. фадзила :)

KooReeT
06-07-2003, 18:23
Well I just have a plain name....
<- George :rose:

forre
06-07-2003, 20:02
Originally posted by crni
now, now!

you know what i meant :yes:

explanation please...:spy:

Nothing to explain really.

It comes from my surname. Like Volk comes from Volkova.
I've been having this nick for ages.

Lцfberg
06-07-2003, 21:53
Iґm Lцfberg because i abuse Lцfbergs Lila (swedish coffee from my hometown).

Ghalib
06-07-2003, 22:55
Originally posted by Lцfberg
Iґm Lцfberg because i abuse Lцfbergs Lila (swedish coffee from my hometown).

You are my favourite coffee, no kidding !!
I have to go to IKEA to restock you !!

My name is my surname ... Ghalib was a muslim literary genius in India during the 18th Century ...

I am not ... :D

Rachel
06-07-2003, 23:00
Well, everyone knows my name - Rachel :)

And I don't think I need to explain my username on here! :D

*Bows down to the goddess* :D

Kappa
07-07-2003, 01:12
forre, is forre more or less a diminutive of Olga in Swedish or what?

forre
07-07-2003, 01:43
Originally posted by darje
forre, is forre more or less a diminutive of Olga in Swedish or what?

forre is a nick made by friends (actually my husband's friends for him firstly), then they began to call me by this nick too. Gradually it bacame the internet nick as it was easy to remember. Olga is a standard Russian name.

elwolf_x
07-07-2003, 02:10
fun topic darje. btw what a coincidence that you were a member of hamena.org. i used to lurk a lot over there until they started requiring a login just to browse the forum (grumble,grumble...). i was a big h&m fan, there's really a lot of good fiction on that site!

anyways, my name's elaine and my nick comes from when i was trying to make a "codename" for some game (mechwarrior i think?). the wolf was my then-favorite animal and e.l. are my initials, and also first 2 letters of my name. i don't even like the "_x" (actually i hate it), but it's what i added to get an email address since "elwolf" was taken.

Kappa
07-07-2003, 03:54
elwolf_x, I USED to be in Hamena's forums, too. Almost EVERY night. That was until the webmistress and me started having differences... but I guess she was right, I AM a pain in the ass. :P

Curious detail! When tATu started to come out in the US, Hamena BLOOMED with tATu topics. And I was the first one ever in Hamena to put a tATu avatar. :P Orchyd HATED me for that since I was number one of 50, and it was H/M, not Y/L. :P

elwolf_x
07-07-2003, 05:38
haha darje, too bad i wasn't a member of hamena with all that tatu stuff, it would've been interesting for me to see how other h&m fans reacted to y&l. on a sidenote, i think it was at tatu.us that one of the y&l pictures was changed to make the hair colors like h&m, interesting...

i'm just curious, but were you more a fan of michiru before? i was a big michiru-fan and now i'm a lena-fan so i was wondering if there's a similar trend :). i even like both of their singing voices (lena & katsuki masako)!

Kappa
07-07-2003, 06:41
elwolf_x, yes! I was most definitely a Michiru fan. Haruka was cool but Michiru was THE GIRL. :P And now I'm a Lena fan too. :)

russkayatatu
07-07-2003, 09:01
OK, I'll say my name - which is Rachael :) There's already at least one or two well-known Rachels on the forum, so I didn't want to burden you guys with one more, but I guess it doesn't matter :gigi:

I was named after my grandmothers, who were Rachael and Miriam - sometimes when people hear both of my names they ask me if I'm Jewish because they're very Biblical names :gigi: And nobody knows how to spell my name either, ha ha, although my mom's situation is worse: her name is Charmee (she was named after an aunt and NOBODY knows how she got such a strange name) and people always make it into Shirley, Charleen, one time even - seriously - Germy :p So I don't feel like I have such a bad time, really ;)

Lцfberg
07-07-2003, 15:20
Originally posted by Ghalib
You are my favourite coffee, no kidding !!
I have to go to IKEA to restock you !!

My name is my surname ... Ghalib was a muslim literary genius in India during the 18th Century ...

I am not ... :D

Great!
Lцfbergs Lila was founded 1906 in Karlstad by Josef, Anders and John Lцfberg. They imported Citroлn at the same time as they sold coffe.

Lцfberg is the family name. Lцf is old swedish for leaf, and berg is mountain.

They are the sponsor for Fдrjestad BK (Europeґs second best hockey-team last year after Lokomotiv Yaroslavl from Russia) also from Karlstad.

btw, IKEA is swedish too. :)

QueenBee
12-07-2003, 23:31
Oh, yeah, my math-teacher told us about IKEA (why?). The guy who invented IKEA is called Ingvar Kamprad. So, there first two letters of IKEA were born (his initials): IK. He got the two last letter from Elmtaryd and Agunnaryd, the farm and village where he grew up. So the name IKEA was born.

Then he started selling pens, and things like that for a low price.. Then it was furniture, then it was something else... Uh.

Why my math teacher explained this to me, I don't know. Lol.

Lцfberg
12-07-2003, 23:38
Thats totally wrong. Eltaryd is the name of his former farm. =)The head-office and the first IKEA-warehouse is located in Дlmhult, Sweden.

QueenBee
12-07-2003, 23:41
Oh.. well my math-teacher is a little *ahem ahem* so, well, it doesn't surprise me. :P

Lцfberg
12-07-2003, 23:42
Youґre forgiven. :)

Names? Topic? Lol. On tooopic, por favor. ^_^'

Veritas
14-07-2003, 13:05
Or Dene (pronounced Dean) for short :coctail:

It's actually a combination of my mother and my father's name - why they couldn't remember something as simple as Nicole or Nadine is beyond me (they were secretely hoping I would be a boy) so they could call me after my dad (Rudi) and I guess the shock was just too much :D the element of surprise!

Veritas means "truth" in Latin

mir
15-07-2003, 17:43
in full Richard Robert Schild

as for my nick mir translated from russian (as most ppl know) means "the world" which is the place for me i will never completely know or understand
It's also the most wonderfull place where ya can meet equaly wonderfull people like here on this forum...

and for the seccond.. as being an instrumentmaker(technical)
and being obsessed by the russian space craft that had such an dramatic end, (eventhough it lived twice as long as it's designated life ) , due to the wellmade parts it was composed of...(made by instrumentmakers)

and btw mir is handy in common use don't you think?

DAZ
15-07-2003, 22:45
My name is Darren.
Its origins are from 60's tv show.Bewitched i think it was.
Obviously my parents looked deep into meanings and thought Nah lets not give him a name that means anything,Lets give him a name that means nothing.:bebebe:

teeny
16-07-2003, 22:02
Ok here I go:
My name is Tina. When I was born my older brother was giving the oportunity to name me. He was five years old at the time and therefore he didn't really think of a name right away. His first suggestion was overruled since it was Jacob. Not a very fine name for a girl. Then my parents were thinking of "Camilla" - but then my brother named me after one of the girls he knew.
This leads to my nickname: TLFdk.TLF being my initianals and dk stands for Denmark. Plain and simple. Only used in tatu relations. At other boards I use my last name instead.

Lцfberg
16-07-2003, 22:16
Originally posted by Lцfberg
Thats totally wrong. Eltaryd is the name of his former farm. =)The head-office and the first IKEA-warehouse is located in Дlmhult, Sweden.

btw. Itґs IKEAґs birthday today! 60 yrs in business.
And Ingvar Kamprad is 77. :)

QueenBee
16-07-2003, 22:19
Wooho! I think I'm gonna fix up a party for IKEA then. :P

Oh, which reminds me.. I was in IKEA with my friends after gymnastics (why weren't we in school? :laugh: ) You know in IKEA (by the exit) they have this little table where you can write stuff and then there is this whole box of pens.. So we took them all (the pens) and then we took all the paper bags aswell and bought candy, and walked around all over the store jumping on the beds there and stuff...

Oh the fun days. :D

Haha well sorry forre. :( I just had to go off-top. :(

Khartoun2004
16-07-2003, 22:46
ok so my name is Laura, but most people call me Hoffman since it's my last name.

My nickname is pronounced cartoon, but the inspiration came from an ancient city in modern day sudan called Khartoum. so I changed the M to an N to get Khartoun. 2004 is the year I graduate.

showMElove2
17-07-2003, 11:23
Plain and popular american name.... Nicole but since birth I have always gone by Nikki. <pretty boring huh>

LenochkaO
17-07-2003, 13:28
Originally posted by showMElove2
Plain and popular american name.... Nicole but since birth I have always gone by Nikki. <pretty boring huh>

I think it's a rather pretty name. Unusual isn't always good. People rarely spell my name right, although they're at least familiar with the name itself. My mother has never been particularly keen on her name - Eiry, which means 'snow' in Welsh - because there are very few others with the name, even in Wales, so people often do a double take when she tells them her name.

I'm terribly keen on the name Araminta (Minty, for short), but my best friend told me she'd never let me lumber a daughter of mine with a name like that! :)

MrZebra
18-07-2003, 04:01

Nick Origin: Tori Amos song, and also I think zebras are cool.