PDA

View Full Version : Check your IQ [Test]

forre
22-06-2003, 04:20
This is a scientifically based test. English language. I order to calculate your exact value the correct birthdate is required.

Good luck! :rose:

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

freddie
22-06-2003, 04:26
If I try this tonight my IQ will probably be around 20

0newinged
22-06-2003, 04:49
124, what's average?

edit: an "Insightful Linguist"

Tom Violence
22-06-2003, 04:57
I managed 135. Considering I've now been awake for 24 hours solid, I'm fairly pleased with that. The last IQ test I did before that, I got all the answers right. Hark at me with my nack for irritating puzzles.

100 is average, Onewinged.

Uhaku
22-06-2003, 04:59
126 - your Intellectual Type is: Visual Mathematician.

i think this test is inaccurate. i had always failed my math classes. -_-'......

Bitty2002
22-06-2003, 06:08
Your IQ score is 138

Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

Dent
22-06-2003, 16:07
126 too. Wow and my worst area is Matemathic ahuhauhauhua

jellyjoker
22-06-2003, 16:38
Did you know?

71% of Insightful Linguists would be more tempted to see their main squeeze covered in whipped cream, than eat an ice cream sundae covered in whipped cream.

other that the above, test is a little off, 117? the last time I had an IQ test it was 129.

EeZeReal
22-06-2003, 16:53
Wow..... 135 Being UI..... Something must be wrong... :ithink:

luxxi
22-06-2003, 16:53
131 & Visual mathematician. Funny thing is I suck at math and was never good at pattern recognition.:dknow:

karxwp
22-06-2003, 17:39
Your IQ score is 127 , visionary philosopher....last time I was "word master" and I had 130 I think my IQ has dropped a bit :P must be the lack of sleep....

Rachel
22-06-2003, 21:06
I dread to know what mine is...not a good idea for me to take it!

crni
22-06-2003, 21:39
ok, i guess...;)

ChrisG.1987
23-06-2003, 05:59
ummm.....whats average...
myne is 118 and word warrior

YLuelniaa
23-06-2003, 06:32
bah i am low compared to you smart people...maybe its because of all those number math type questions...i just guessed oh well

i got 109...joinin most of you folks

pacmangirl
23-06-2003, 07:31
holy sh... I got 131.. last time I took one it was 112. Did anyone see that "Test America's IQ" (or something rather) show a little while ago.. that's the test I last took.
Facts Curator.. I duno about that.. :gigi:

denial
23-06-2003, 07:37
Congratulations, Denial!
Your IQ score is 124

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician.

This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

--> ngek...!!!

russkayatatu
23-06-2003, 13:46
136. They think I'm a mathematician too :D Well, hmm, I guess that's OK ;)

Never had much faith in these tests, to be honest. But wow, if they're right, seems like lots of smart people like tatu. So forre, what about you? :)

Khartoun2004
23-06-2003, 14:48
I got a 122. Is that good?

Ruivelle
23-06-2003, 14:54
i got 127 and "Our analyses indicate that your Intellectual Type is: Precision Processor. This means that among other things, you have superior skill in mathematics."

HAHAHAHA !! but i hate mathematics .... physics is much better for me , HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! thx for the link anyway forre

Charles
23-06-2003, 20:36
Hah! 142 despite the fact that I'm older than almost all of you. But then again, I've taken this particular test before.

sheerblade
23-06-2003, 20:40
I got 107... god I'm stupid :(

PowerPuff Grrl
23-06-2003, 21:26
Just so you guys know, the IQ test has been abandonned awhile back. Its inaccuracy wasn't even the issue, rather the fact that no test can ever measure intelligence.
You cannot quantify the the qualitative and cannot find a finite value for the infinite. So if any of you are insecure about your results (like me, :hmmm: ) rest assure nobody holds the IQ value such a regard now than how they held it in the past.

But other than that it is interesting to see your results.
:)

Charles
23-06-2003, 22:15
In addition to what PowerPuff Grrl said, this is also and Internet based test. I take it about as seriously as the "which video game character are you" test.

This site wants you to pay for an in-depth IQ report. I suspect that the IQ reported is inflated, and very inaccurate. Are you more likely to pay for a report confirming how smart you are, or one saying you're dumb as a box of rock?

Khartoun2004
24-06-2003, 00:17
I have to agree with Charles and PowerPuff Grrl. Nobody cares about IQ scores anymore. It's really all about the standardized tests (stupid SAT's!). Plus internet IQ tests never take into consideration thinks like reation times and cumulative knowledge and blah, blah, blah.

I've had several IQ tests given to me on a number of occasions by several different pyschologists and they were a lot higher than my score on this test. Plus I think my brother got a 140 on this and he's a moron.

luxxi
24-06-2003, 00:33
Not to mention this test favours people whose primary language is english. I mean I speak English but there were sayings and certain expressions that are easier for English speakers.

Besides IQ tests were criticised in the past. Main criticism was that they are designed in such way to favour white males, with males being better of than non-whites.

But it was fun to do it anyway.

skye
24-06-2003, 06:04
I misunderstand some of the question :bum:
I should study harder in English first then take the test :lalala:

PowerPuff Grrl
24-06-2003, 17:26
Originally posted by luxxi
Besides IQ tests were criticised in the past. Main criticism was that they are designed in such way to favour white males, with males being better of than non-whites.

Wow, I never heard of that!
Please, tell how this came to be.

Bitty2002
24-06-2003, 18:13
PowerPuff Grrl, it is because of statistics. When the test was first designed, whites and mainly men were the test subjects...although, I have only heard this about SAT tests, not IQ. I thought IQ tests were designed for children, but not sure there. However, with SAT, they chose Q's that white males would "on average" get right statistically. Not to mention, even today, where other races take the tests, there is still this bias. On SAT there is one sectiont hat is not scored, but used to pick Q's for future tests. They only chose Q's that high scorer's typically chose. Therefore, minorities will never be statisitcally int he majority and their choices of answers are not taken into account as much. Sorry ahrd to explain and I feel I am fumbling.

Echoed
24-06-2003, 18:37
The IQ test started in the States, and yes, it was biased. It was used on children to classify them into different groups in school. It would differentiate the "smart" from the "less bright". :P Anyway, the test was designed in a rather racist manner, being that the testers knew that, at that time, white children had more education than black. As such, without seeming racist by using an "intellectual" test, they were able to "logically" exclude black children from white schools that had been ordered to ban segregation.

I think I'm talking out of my butt, 'cause otherwise, I think I'm remembering something I saw on TV or that some teacher told me. Quite frankly, I have no clue what the crap I'm saying. ^.^ Whee!

~Echo.

luxxi
24-06-2003, 18:51
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Wow, I never heard of that!
Please, tell how this came to be.

When children are raised boys and girls play with different toys, boys with "technical" toys and girls with "family/house" toys. This reflects on IQ tests as they favour math and pattern recognition, skills you are more likely to develop if you play with "boy" toy.

PowerPuff Grrl
24-06-2003, 19:16
Bitty2002, Echoed, and Luxxi thanks a bunch for the explanations.
Makes a lot of sense!

On that note: fcuking white guys, the hell is up with them?
I'M KIDDING!!!
LOL!

Charles
24-06-2003, 19:24
The best IQ tests (and to an extent SAT/ACT tests) can tell you is how similar you are to the person who made the test.

Echoed, I think you have the use of IQ test correct, even if you can't cite scholarly sources. For some history on IQ tests, see

http://www.audiblox2000.com/dyslexia_dyslexic/dyslexia014.htm
http://www.aceviper.net/aceviper_net/ace_intelligence/aceviper_detailed_history_of_the_iq_test/aceviper_short_detailed_history_of_the_iq_test.htm l

The most damning aspect of the IQ test is its association with the early 20th century eugenics movement (if you were stupid, crippled, deformed, or the wrong race/culture/religion, then you shouldn't have the right to exist).

One of my friends has a very poor vocabulary, so he sometimes comes across as a bit slow. I'm sure he wouldn't do all that well on standarized testing becuase of this. However, his opinions are almost always backed by well reasoned and logical arguments. Thats a lot more than I can say for most politician.

russkayatatu
24-06-2003, 20:01
Hah, I took this test again and my IQ went up 7 points :) Moral: I should edit my posts more often :p

Yes, IQ tests aren't the best; they have flaws. Supposedly Marilyn vos Savant scored highest with two hundred and something and touts herself as "the smartest person in the world"? I've read her column a few times (she's the smartest person in the world and thinks the best use of her time is to write a column in the newspaper where she solves puzzles people give her?) and she doesn't impress me at all.

Just for fun, though, here's a Swedish site (in English) about the estimated IQs of the greatest geniuses:

http://home8.swipnet.se/~w-80790/Index.htm

I thought it was kind of amusing :)

Edit: This test has just lost all credibility with me: I rethought a few answers, resent it twice, and my IQ has not only jumped a few points each time but I've been labelled as a "Visionary Philosopher," "Visual Mathematician," and "Precision Processor." :rolleyes: Come on!! Make up your minds, which one? :)

coolasfcuk
05-12-2003, 20:58
I know this is old.. but I didnt participate before....

Originally posted by russkayatatu
Edit: This test has just lost all credibility with me: I rethought a few answers, resent it twice, and my IQ has not only jumped a few points each time but I've been labelled as a "Visionary Philosopher," "Visual Mathematician," and "Precision Processor." :rolleyes: Come on!! Make up your minds, which one?

and russkaya, booooooo, dont spoil the test... no going back and re-thinking... you're supposed to take it only once :heh: .. besides it's for fun only, eh? :gigi:

okie, so I got:

Congratulations, christina!
Your IQ score is 136

"we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher."

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. "

awwwwwwwwwww... seeee... verbal skills :laugh: all that studying for the damn GRE is finally SHOWING!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaaah....

I also got this other IQ Test... Another IQ Test (http://ivos.ivillage.com/assessment/iq/?&o=dcm%2Ciq%2Cyh%2Cbn%2Ciq300%2Civ%2Cron)

and when i took that one I got:

RESULTS:
Your IQ score is 137. A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 129-143 is considered to be "highly intelligent".

"According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Computation."

awww... now I am starting to wornder if I should really believe this... since I got such close results in the 2 different tests... 136 and 137... awww... maybe i am intelligent after all :gigi:

QueenBee
05-12-2003, 21:03
Nonono.. these are math questions.. I don't like math questions.. *Gets nervous* Noo.. Nooooo!!! NOOOOOO!!!! *Runs away'

teeny
05-12-2003, 21:53
Your IQ score is 126

You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

Creative - It really does haunt me.
Math - yay :D

russkayatatu
05-12-2003, 21:58
and russkaya, booooooo, dont spoil the test... no going back and re-thinking... you're supposed to take it only once .. besides it's for fun only, eh?

awwwwww, but I loooooove to mess with tests :gigi: it's called learning from mistakes, heh, better to get the right answer later than never :D

now I am starting to wornder if I should really believe this... since I got such close results in the 2 different tests... 136 and 137... awww... maybe i am intelligent after all

what are you talking about :confused: of course you are, I've been telling you that ;) ... seriously ....

Anyway, I am in SHOCK :eek: :eek: right now because... with no fiddling (retaking, etc) :gigi: ... I got ... well, see for yourself (http://ivos.ivillage.com/assessment/exec/iq/results?&o=dcm%2Ciq%2Cyh%2Cbn%2Ciq300%2Civ%2Cron) :dead:

thanks for the extra link, hey ;)

coolasfcuk
05-12-2003, 22:01
russkayatatu, link DOESNT work... probably you gotta 'copy and paste' :heh:

hmmm... i wonder what you got now...Genius level???? Show up show us rach - I bet you it is.... and I've also been telling you ;) he heee

russkayatatu
05-12-2003, 22:04
that's funny :ithink: ... I should be able to figure out why it doesn't work, ha haaaa :heh: Anyway, it was to the results page: which says: Your IQ score is 165. A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 161 and above is considered to be a "genius." According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Logic.

Ehhhh ... anyway :hmmm: :gigi:

nath
05-12-2003, 22:38
:dead: :dead: :dead:
Whoooah!..Congratulations Russkaya !
But i'm not surprised !...:p

coolasfcuk
05-12-2003, 23:38
Originally posted by sunwalk
Whoooah!..Congratulations Russkaya !
But i'm not surprised !...
Tru Dat !!! Told ya Rach, ..he heeeeeeeeee ..I knew it ...:10x: our genius at Tatysite.net!

TLFdk, eh heeeeeeeee... not bad! Only smart people at our forum - yay!

kishkash
05-12-2003, 23:53
:hmmm: i took that IQ test thingie and i got a score of 151, and i was told i was a visual mathematician...

sounds ominously geeky to me :none:

teeny
06-12-2003, 00:31
TLFdk, eh heeeeeeeee... not bad! Only smart people at our forum - yay!
well not bad considering I was watching tv at least :heh: Though I must admit I hate those: "a hand is to a glove what a head is to a..." questions. But I don't know which ones I got wrong.. lol. Well ok if I did know the score would be higher.

And all I know is they don't know a thing

Edit: oh forgot:
i took that IQ test thingie and i got a score of 151, and i was told i was a visual mathematician...
*points at kish* geeeeeeek:gigi:

madeldoe
06-12-2003, 01:49
*cough* i only got a 121 LOL *feels like dumbo compared to everyone else* not fair! i hadnt eaten yet! :p well atleast thats above average :rolleyes: that has to be one of the shortest iq tests i had taken..though i got an 116 on a different iq test that tested verbal and achievement [me thinks]

Anywho, it is known that some IQ tests are biased because they are constructed to favor one gender or race. Some tests increase the difficulty for boys in the math section, since it is believed that boys do better in math than girls. And vice versa for girls with the English section. Another useless fact would be that you've taken atleast 3-4 IQ tests whether you were aware of it or not. My view on it..IQ tests blow! LOL :lol:

Devilish Yulia
06-12-2003, 11:26
well for some odd reason i cant find out my iq score!but last time i did one which was a couple of weeks ago i got 136.
so dats not bad... :p

prostrel
06-12-2003, 14:59
I took that test, result 126 :none:

..we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist.

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Obviously I`m not mathematician, though I like math. I have spatial strengths? Didn`t know that :D

teeny
06-12-2003, 15:05
prostrel, so if we join my 126 result (math skills) with yours (intullectual) we'll get a way better result?
And how many different descriptions do they have for 126 points :spy:

prostrel
06-12-2003, 16:38
Originally posted by TLFdk
[b]prostrel, so if we join my 126 result (math skills) with yours (intullectual) we'll get a way better result?

Jep! I think we can explode the whole test. :D And now comes intelligent part of my post: What is the top score of this test? 200?

And how many different descriptions do they have for 126 points :spy:

I just thought they wanted to comfort me with that explanation cos I was so poor in math :laugh: Obviouslly these test makers are very creative people themselves, so many different descriptions they have. :p

teeny
06-12-2003, 16:47
And now comes intelligent part of my post: What is the top score of this test? 200?
Don't really know.. But I do know the tests follow different ways of calculating, so IQpoints only count for this particular test. Some tests follow a point system that goes higher.

Obviouslly these test makers are very creative people themselves, so many different descriptions they have.
I think my description actually fitted me better than the one you recieved.. esp. because I'm more into math than anything else.

spyretto
06-12-2003, 18:49
My IQ is average...I don't think it's a good idea to start posting the results here to see who's smarter. It's discrimination.
There are different tests for different age groups and the most important thing, it can't be a fair respresentation of one's intelligent when one's first language is not English. Not to mention that IQ tests are not a representation of one's intelligence anyway.

I'd like to try a test in English and in Greek and show you the difference.

nath
06-12-2003, 19:04
Hi hi....I don't know if it's the english or my poor little brain but i have 92 in the Cool 's test... :D

teeny
06-12-2003, 19:05
spyretto, it's more for the fun of it. And yes there will be an obstacle for those who don't know English as a first language. But it’s not like we get marked as stupid if the result is low. No one actually really use IQ tests anymore, since they don’t show the actual intelligence at all.
I did a Danish test once.. the result was higher than my result in here. But as pointed out there are different ways to calculate the IQ. So even those two can’t be measured up together. Think we all know that, and who cares really?

denial
06-12-2003, 19:12
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
I also got this other IQ Test... Another IQ Test (http://ivos.ivillage.com/assessment/iq/?&o=dcm%2Ciq%2Cyh%2Cbn%2Ciq300%2Civ%2Cron)

RESULTS:
Your IQ score is 104. :bum: A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 90-110 is considered to be "average intelligence". ..okay..

Your IQ score is based on your scores across 12 distinct aspects of intelligence. Like everyone, you have a unique intellectual makeup, with strengths and weaknesses that affect your methods of understanding, communication and relating to others. According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Logic. ...jep..it has to be logic to make sense .. if its not logic...then its non-sense.. :heh: .. I still don't understand what is GREY!?! LoL.. its a color when you mix black and white..

PS:/
What is this question about? :ithink:
29. For a sentence with such fine phrasing, there are five instances of the sixth letter from the alphabet here.
True False

Originally posted by sunwalk
Hi hi....I don't know if it's the english or my poor little brain but i have 92 in the Cool 's test... :D

Nath I'm higher!! well I guess our result explains us in the Love Meter test. LoL .. Jes .. its english. :yes:

spyretto
06-12-2003, 19:16
I don't see the fun of it, sorry...:rolleyes:

teeny
06-12-2003, 19:27
29. For a sentence with such fine phrasing, there are five instances of the sixth letter from the alphabet here.
True False
You should count the times "f" appears in the sentance. I had something similar at a mail the other day:

Count the number of F's in the following text (this line NOT included :heh: ):

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

How many?
Three?
Wrong, there are six - no joke!

Read again!
FINISHED FILES ARE THE
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

The brain cannot process the word "OF".
Anyone who counts all six F's on the first go is a genius

Anyway: I counted 3 the first time (at this insterted test).

But result in Cools test: 101 - your greatest intellectual strength is Rote Memorization.
This test was lacking all of the cool math tests.. stupid test :lalala:

spyretto, skip the tests then :heh:

denial
06-12-2003, 19:47
[B]You should count the times "f" appears in the sentance. I had something similar at a mail the other day:

Count the number of F's in the following text (this line NOT included :heh: ):

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

I know that test .. well if they included it.. I would have got the correct answer .. well .. I put False actually so my answer was correct .. LoL ..

The brain cannot process the word "OF".
Anyone who counts all six F's on the first go is a genius

Anyway: I counted 3 the first time
Oh I got "3 F's" first time too .. I showed it to a friend.. I adore her very smart .. so I gave her the test. She got 6 F's at first time. I asked how did you do that .. she said the question told you to count the "F" ..so ignore the sentence and just count the "F" ...:bum:

But result in Cools test: 101 - your greatest intellectual strength is Rote Memorization.
This test was lacking all of the cool math tests.. stupid test :lalala:
ahhhh .. my english is better than you too .. LoL..

teeny
06-12-2003, 19:58
ahhhh .. my english is better than you too .. LoL..
English* :p but yeah I could have told you that before we took the test.

she said the question told you to count the "F" ..so ignore the sentence and just count the "F" ...
lol.. my mind won't ignore anything. Which is why I'm glad I can get the computer to do the ignoring for me.

denial
06-12-2003, 20:12
lol.. my mind won't ignore anything. Which is why I'm glad I can get the computer to do the ignoring for me. [/B]

human weakness (or is it computer weakness?) .. computer doesnt accept GREY .. its just TRUE or FALSE / BLACK or WHITE / RIGHT or WRONG / YES or NO / ==> I mean those BINARY 1 or 0.

1 and 1 = 1
1 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
1 or 1 = 1
1 or 0= 0
0 or 0 = 0

ur am I correct ?.. LOL ..Tina.. do you remember the NAND and NOR and XOR gate? OMG! I forget .. LOL

teeny
06-12-2003, 20:22
am I correct ?.. LOL ..Tina.. do you remember the NAND and NOR and XOR gate? OMG! I forget .. LOL
I forgot the minute I finished the last test in DNA. My Texas T-85 calculator did most of those calculations anyway. And our teacher said it's not important to know, which is the very sentance needed for my mind to ignore learning :D

denial
06-12-2003, 20:28
Originally posted by prostrel
Jep! I think we can explode the whole test. :D And now comes intelligent part of my post: What is the top score of this test? 200?

I just thought they wanted to comfort me with that explanation cos I was so poor in math :laugh: Obviouslly these test makers are very creative people themselves, so many different descriptions they have. :p

My dear Prostrel ..:gigi:
I think the test is not about IQ actually...they probably grade the different question with different point to identify the way of thinking.. so their target probably to get how many percentage of people think this way or that way .. ( pssss..this could be influenced by the GREY.. ) ...

I mean if to look at my friend calculating the F's .. she is really smart ... I mean she ignored the sentence and just count the F's. Which most of us don't do that. We just had to read what the sentence all about.

top score ? ... hmmm.. :gigi:

forre
06-12-2003, 20:36
110 - average intelligence. So I can sleep peacefully at nights. No extreme values there.

Edit: It was according to cool's test. According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Structural Creativity. What's that supposed to mean? :dknow:

prostrel
06-12-2003, 21:02
Originally posted by denial
My dear [b]Prostrel ..:gigi:
...they probably grade the different question with different point to identify the way of thinking.. pssss..this could be influenced by the GREY...

My little Dee :D Your mind, you way of thinking is sometimes so complicated. You can turn very simple things to be WERY complicated, like GREY... LOL. I`ll explain it again later... ;)

I mean if to look at my friend calculating the F's .. she is really smart ... I mean she ignored the sentence and just count the F's. Which most of us don't do that.

I counted 6 Fґs at the 1st attempt, but it`s because I always read the instructions first and then I follow them, nothing to do with intelligence, it`s more like being meticulous and conscientious I think. :)

teeny
06-12-2003, 21:10
I counted 6 Fґs at the 1st attempt, but it`s because I always read the instructions first and then I follow them, nothing to do with intelligence, it`s more like being meticulous and conscientious I think.
It displayed better in the mail anyway.. since the solution was hidden in the last part of the mail. ;)

denial
06-12-2003, 21:14
My dear Prostrel,

My little Dee :D Your mind, you way of thinking is sometimes so complicated. You can turn very simple things to be WERY complicated, like GREY... LOL. I`ll explain it again later... ;)
Okay .. LoL ... ( Edited: the type 9 things .. remember? :coctail: ..but you seems to be lots into logic to me ..)

I counted 6 Fґs at the 1st attempt, but it`s because I always read the instructions first and then I follow them, nothing to do with intelligence, it`s more like being meticulous and conscientious I think. :)

Well .. getting 6 F's .. is not just about getting 6 F's .. because 6 F's IS the correct answer .. so that means if you get 6 F's you are 'intelligent' because you get correct answer.

..being meticulous and conscientious
against
stubborn mind or suspicous mind ( example= TLFdk)..

? :gigi:

PS: my biorythem Intellectual is at 9% now ... and going down .. LoL

teeny
06-12-2003, 21:17
stubborn mind or suspicous mind
yeah got that right :lalala:

prostrel
06-12-2003, 21:24
[B]It displayed better in the mail anyway..

Excuses... :D

..since the solution was hidden in the last part of the mail. ;)

:bebebe: How dare you! I didn`t cheat *puts her right hand over her heart and says: I swear by name of Julia and Lena* . LoL. :gigi:

teeny
06-12-2003, 21:29
How dare you! I didn`t cheat *puts her right hand over her heart and says: I swear by name of Julia and Lena* . LoL.
no but mind is scanning the screen before the mind realizes.. so I'm not saying you cheated :rose: I'm just making excuses as you said.. :heh:

prostrel
06-12-2003, 21:36
[B]no but mind is scanning the screen before the mind realizes.. so I'm not saying you cheated :rose:

I hope my mind would be that fast and able to do that but I am afraid that it is not, lol. Anyway... :rose: :D

denial
06-12-2003, 21:36
no but mind is scanning the screen before the mind realizes..
mind count wrong then mind looks for excuses .. LoL

I swear by name of Julia and Lena*
Its Yulia.

prostrel
06-12-2003, 21:40
Its Yulia.

To me it`s Julia. :)

denial
06-12-2003, 21:48
To me it`s Julia. :)

why?
I can't read fanfic that name Yulia as Julia .. because my mind cannot accept it ..and it feels like not Yulia. :dknow:

prostrel
06-12-2003, 22:00
why?
I can't read fanfic that name Yulia as Julia .. because my mind cannot accept it ..and it feels like not Yulia. :dknow:

I`ll explain also this one later. Okay? :)

madeldoe
06-12-2003, 22:24
Originally posted by spyretto

I'd like to try a test in English and in Greek and show you the difference.

yea..and one in tagalog too :D

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

I only got 5 F's..wheres the 6th? :confused:

denial
06-12-2003, 22:28
Originally posted by nataku

I only got 5 F's..wheres the 6th? :confused: [/B]

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

..hump.. another one..

nath
06-12-2003, 22:32
I'm 92 at the test of Cool :bebebe: but 126 at the test of my Forre...
..thanks darling, I feel better, now...I'm normal :D

(My Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician... :confused: psss..)

cirrus
06-12-2003, 23:57
On forre's test:

127. My type is "Insightful Linguist"

on cool's:

136, and my greatest strength is "Pattern Recognition" :lol: That must take A LOT of intelligence...

Lux
07-12-2003, 00:01
so...what if you didn't want to pull out the calculator or draw a pic? LOL *shrug*

my score: somewhere between highly intelligent and quasi genius :gigi:

kishkash
07-12-2003, 00:51
denial 1 or 0 is 1 ;)

god bless the uselessness of boolean logic

[edited coz i just noticed Tina's jealous post :bebebe: LOL]

*points at kish* geeeeeeek

*runs away with her arms flailing...never to be seen again*

teeny
07-12-2003, 01:13
Originally posted by kishkash
[edited coz i just noticed Tina's jealous post :bebebe: LOL]

This line had me thinking for a while.. "me jealous? when? ohh the stupid IQ test result". Yeah it sucks being beaten in an IQ test by someone younger than I.. :lalala:
So that's when pointing fingers and making fun of the more geeky makes sense

*runs away with her arms flailing...never to be seen again*
HA HA (<- Nelson quote) look at the geek run

For you, kish :rose:

Devilish Yulia
07-12-2003, 01:13
Originally posted by coolasfcuk

i took dat one and i only got 115! :eek: maybe they are comparing me wit someone who is like 20 or something :spy:

Your IQ score is 115. A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 111-128 is considered to be "above average intelligence".

Your IQ score is based on your scores across 12 distinct aspects of intelligence. Like everyone, you have a unique intellectual makeup, with strengths and weaknesses that affect your methods of understanding, communication and relating to others. According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Logic.

wats logic? :grustno:

my average score was meant to be between 129-139!!!!!!!! but dis is the third IQ test ive taken.

but my IQ was 136 for an 11 yr old kid. :D on dis other IQ test thingy dat is

anywayz....does dat mean dat im smart?! :confused: :spy:

madeldoe
07-12-2003, 01:46
Originally posted by Devilish Yulia

anywayz....does dat mean dat im smart?! :confused: :spy:

LOL according to the IQ tests you are 'sweet pea' :D Although IQ tests results vary, and im not sure how they calculated the results to these. Some tests use your age to help calculate your overall score like in the equation MA/CA x 100 = score. So Different IQ tests test different parts of your intellectual abilities. *shrugs* i still say their bullcocky.

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

..hump.. another one..

Ohhhh poo! what a careless oversight! Thanks for pointing that out Ms.D! :D *cough* another what? :spy:

what if you didn't want to pull out the calculator or draw a pic?

oOh i ought to try it using a calculator *looks for handy dandy graphics calculator* that wouldnt be cheating would it? :D

Lux
07-12-2003, 03:24
logic, mathematics, reasoning, visual blahblah are assessable by these tests but what about creativity? like music for instance or any sort of art. can't really measure that

russkayatatu
07-12-2003, 03:48
For an IQ test designed to minimize cultural and educational bias you can try this one (http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm). Click on "Culture Fair IQ Test."

It's also designed to be more difficult ... yeaaah, unfortunately I would agree ... where are all the logic and verbal problems?? LoL :bum: :gigi:

denial
07-12-2003, 06:09
Kishkash .. thank you for correcting me. :rose:

god bless the uselessness of boolean logic
But this how the computer calculate to get the processing result. All the gates in ICs. well .. and its in most of the machine around us .. well I don't know if they have another technology our there. lol

About Logic .. I got one interesting here ...thank to "you" :rose: .. I guess more then culture fair .. we also need "gender" fair IQ test ..

men's logic:
A: this screen is 15 cm... this one is 20.
B: what's the difference?
A: 5 cm..

But, women will understand the question asks which one is better... no? ..LoL..

*cough* another what?
...female ..:lalala:

denial
07-12-2003, 10:26
For an IQ test designed to minimize cultural and educational bias you can try this one (http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm). Click on "Culture Fair IQ Test."

Thank you russkaya :rose: .. that was a very interesting and fun IQ test. I found it very challenging at many points.

My score is: 115
101-115 Above the population average, but in the normal range.

I am still normal .. :D

Well it said I DID NOT qualify to join the International High IQ Society ... have to be 140 above I think.

Anyway .. since we don't know the correct answer and the test does not have time limitation. I would like to try this test again once a while in the future.

Added:
Oh they have a note there:
Factors that may have adversely affected your score include lack of sleep and/or physical, mental, or emotional distractions.
Well feel like I'm making excuses here ..but there are lots of colorful paterns there .. and being a woman .. I can't help but to first decided which patern is the best and if the color is combination good .. then only I do the question. It was FUN all and ALL .. I like the test very much. :done:

Personal note:
Biorythm
intelectual at 9% going down, physical at 98% going up, emotional -77% going up

Originally posted by forre
Edit: It was according to cool's test. According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Structural Creativity. What's that supposed to mean? :dknow:
Forre ..maybe it means you can be a good architect.

poganka
08-12-2003, 09:01
I took this test long time ago, when it was advertised through hotmail. I don't remember the IQ score, but I remember the type- Precision Processor.

P.S. I don't believe this test is even relatively accurate- it is very easy and is more of a consolation for those, who have a low self-esteem about their IQ level.

kishkash
08-12-2003, 14:08
HA HA (<- Nelson quote) look at the geek run

HAHA your epidermis is showing!! *points and laughs*

for Tina :bebebe: ... naw i kid :rose: :D

But this how the computer calculate to get the processing result. All the gates in ICs. well .. and its in most of the machine around us .. well I don't know if they have another technology our there. lol

LOL...damn straight D...u still know ur stuff :D I still find boolean logic useless, unless ur doing "logic", and they call the XOR operator the "chickenfoot" :rolleyes: oh...the professionalism LOL (and no im not laughing at u ppl doing Phil. out there, im laughing with u ;)).

The only time i've ever had to use boolean logic is to calculate stuck at 1 or stuck at 0 faults :none:

teeny
08-12-2003, 14:26
Originally posted by kishkash
HAHA your epidermis is showing!! *points and laughs*

for Tina :bebebe: ... naw i kid :rose: :D
Stop playing around with my mind all the time, kish :heh:

I still find boolean logic useless
*Stops pointing and agrees* all the gates are useless unless they are up and running and work as planned. I prefer knowing they are there, and not thinking about them besides that.

taty994945
08-12-2003, 15:58
gates are good because they can open and close :lalala:

mir
08-12-2003, 18:06
Congratulations, richard!
Your IQ score is 136

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

HUM HUM....:rolleyes: and that for some one like me:cool:

(according to the test linked by Forre)

russkayatatu
08-12-2003, 23:24
Thank you.. that was a very interesting and fun IQ test. I found it very challenging at many points.

You're welcome, denial ;) Ahhhh I thought it was pretty hard ... LOL ... I think a lot of the tests on that site are kind of hard. On the verbal test, for example, there was this question:

Bloody sock is to ____ as festering ankle sore is to Winston Smith.

1. Yossarian
2. Pirrip
3. Prynne
4. Raskolnikov
5. Meussault

There was only one name out of that whole list that I recognized (including Winston Smith; I wasn't sure who he was) - although the one name gave something of a clue, because I could see what it might have to do with a bloody sock, that question was kind of scary :eek:

Or this question:

Borglum : Founding Fathers :: Roebling : ____ ?

1. Russian Revolution
2. French Resistance
3. US Civil War
4. Hoover Dam
5. Brooklyn Bridge
6. Berlin Airlift

This is going to be a difficult too if you don't know what Borglum and Roebling refer to ... eh hee, like me. The thing about questions and tests like these is that I know immediately if there's a brick wall, something I can't get beyond to answer or tease out a solution - I mean, I know it has nothing to do with the Russian Revolution or the French Resistance, but other than that ...

On the other hand it's been fun to take these IQ tests because I think I'm getting a better idea of how I think and solve problems ... I'm beginning to wonder if there's a way to become better ... like on the Culture Fair test, it's difficult for me to build and rotate three-dimensional shapes in my head; I can do cubes, but on the last two questions I had to give up trying to image it and just look at the answers for 'cheaters' clues.' :gigi: But for fun I've been trying to visualize more complicated structures in my head now (for relaxation, haha, lots of stuff going on here); it's also fun to try to visualize things like the fourth dimension.

If you practice these sorts of skills & reasoning I don't see why you can't get better though :ithink: Like if you do a lot of math problems trying to figure them out without doing a lot of grinding algebra ... or I think I've gotten better just in the last few days with word puzzles like: 'this unscrambled word, when unscrambled, gives the name of a ... ?' On forre's test when it was first posted I couldn't get it at all; this weekend I got 3 similar questions without taking a break. And here's another one from the verbal test that took me WAY TOO LONG to get (although I did get it finally - also, there's a definite bias towards English native speakers with this question):

What word, when added to each of the words below, will give three entirely new words:

FISH BOARD GAZE

But back to the Culture Fair test, denial, I kind of see what you mean about the patterns - at least I think I do. I'm not sure how well I do at recognizing patterns either. I do see some patterns right away, but others I'm just guessing ... on that Culture Fair test there were probably 3 or 4 questions (excluding the shape-building) where I couldn't figure out what the 'deep pattern' was and had to go with unsatisfying things like: well, here it changed to a triangle, so maybe here ... ? Or I could see a pattern that fit but I wasn't convinced it was the best one; maybe there's a better solution: that was the case with 3 of the 4. In other words I thought my answers were OK but there might be better ones that I just don't see :dknow: Although I don't even know, maybe my analysis is wrong too.

Anyway that test gave me 123 :bum: which isn't bad, but was creepy cause I thought I was doing well, haha :eek: :gigi: I mean I thought I found most of the patterns. Although I got 142 on the Verbal test - with all those irritating questions that I only half knew - but the other thing about that test that I thought was interesting is that I was much more comfortable guessing when the questions had something to do with words than with shapes or numbers. I could almost feel the answer before I saw how to get there & could verify it ... the same with logic, and when I went to look up all the words in that test that I hadn't known I guessed correctly on a lot of them. Math I usually have to work the whole damn thing out, booo I can only see it when the numbers are really familiar, like under 100.

Anyway it's been fun to play around with these tests a little. ;)

spyretto
09-12-2003, 00:58
:D

as for the language questions it's all Greek to me :bum:

denial
09-12-2003, 01:04
If you mean the culture fair test.

No 13. My answer is the third one. .. but I dont know if its correct.

Anyway they said to get average level .. you only have to answer few questions right. So I manage until 15 and the rest .. I just had to finished it. So if to compare 15 to "few" .. I guess most of them probably wrong since I only get average normal IQ. :laugh:

spyretto
09-12-2003, 01:46
I figured out number 13 after five minutes. That's how clever I am. and my score was 131 , LOL

I didn't understand those questions of the like "if A=B and B=C then A is definitely C. I said yes, and I think there were two different types of those questions. As for the two cars question that move towards the opposite direction, I've forgotten how to measure one side of a triangle if you know the other two, so I just drew it on paper. If the answer was 20 as I answered it's wrong anyway, as a matter of fact all the answers are wrong. The highway is straight, meaning they can't turn left and even if there was a road, to go back they'd have to go back the same way they came.

a2 + b2 = c2 Pythagoras theorem

I'm telling you: those tests are rigged :D

131 doesn't reflect my real IQ. I say that I don't exceed 100

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician

yeah, RIGHT :dead:

denial
09-12-2003, 02:14
Oh your're talking about different test I think .. I was talking about the Russkaya Culture Fair test. There is no car question in that.

I'm off to work. Will post again later tonight.

spyretto
09-12-2003, 02:30
yeah I meant to say the first test, forre's.

la aurora
09-12-2003, 02:39
ok... according to these tests i have no IQ... at all... as with my poor english give up somewhere on the 10th question if not earlier. C'mon! I'm humanitarian. I can prove that 'black' is actually 'white' and vice versa... but when it comes to math logic... i don't have any. :gigi: although i'm still better than a friend of mine. i remember at the computer class our teacher tried to explain her why 1+1 gives 0 as the result (in the binary sys) and she was stubbornly repeating it's always 2. when he used his last argument telling her that even in truditional counting system 5+5 makes 0, she just shouted it was 10 in her opinion. :lol:
btw, coolie, does the time metter in ur test? Guess it does... as ur test was the only one I did to the end (it was the one I could understand more or less)... well, it took me about 2 hours... with checking mail, posting on the forum, tea and smoking breaks... as a result, I hardly reached 100. Then I decided to check my luck and re-did the test without even reading the questions. Damn... it gave me 148 and suddenly i'm 'gifted' :lol: Then I tried once again... thinking about questions but without the help of the dictionary. The result weas a bit worse... just 145. Does it mean I'm more lucky than intellegent? :gigi: or it's coz I was much slower this time? :hmmm:

:rose:

spyretto
09-12-2003, 03:01
time does matter, I think you have to do that in no more than 20 minutes :D

well, I'd say bugger all

russkayatatu
09-12-2003, 04:02
:gigi:

I wasn't talking about #13 on the Culture Fair test (those are ALL and ALWAYS triangles, no?) but I put the third answer too, although I didn't know if it was right either - maybe this is why you and I had such similar scores ;)

Yeah there were two types of logical questions: those that were right (=make sense) and those that were wrong :D But with the type A=B, B=C, B isn't always equal to A, I guess that's what you mean.

I think the car question is just a problem with the wording, no need to think it's rigged (in that instance) ;) They mean the way the crow flies; I didn't remember the formula either, but it's OK, you don't really need it.

Well, maybe I'll think about these more later, or maybe not.

SP, :lol: he time does matter.

Hey, I just thought of another solution for FISH BOARD GAZE, although it is one of those 'ugly' solutions, hahaa - my first one was better. I'd post them except, on second thought, that might mess up the society's way to determine who they want to invite to join

spyretto
09-12-2003, 04:06
Yeah there were two types of logical questions: those that were right (=make sense) and those that were wrong But with the type A=B, B=C, B wasn't always equal to A, I guess that's what you mean.

but why? is it something equal to or is it an attribute? Because the way they said it confused me. I have to go back to the question to check.

If some Wicks are Slicks, and some Slicks are Snicks, then some Wicks are definitely Snicks. The statement is:

to me, this seems a correct statement . Is it not?

Anyway, I feel ok tonight, I could have taken the test when I felt like shit and get 90. I could be pissed drunk and get 20. or when I felt fantastic and get 150.
Or I could take the test again nown and score 160. So as far as I'm concerned IQ tests are a waste of time really.

russkayatatu
09-12-2003, 04:28
[B]
So, yes I'm not stupid!!! Now it's official!!!!!

I knew that all along. :) ;) But, well, bravo :coctail:

to me, this seems a correct statement . Is it not?

I don't think so (although maybe I got it wrong :dknow: ) So some Wicks are Slicks, and some are not (I think you can assume that). And some Slicks are Snicks (and some are not), so there is no saying that the Slicks that are Snicks are also Wicks. I mean, Slicks can be either Wicks or non-Wicks, and it's possible that only the non-Wicks are Snicks. It's not clear whether or not the Slick-Snick group includes Wicks or not. By the way it would be the same even if it said: All Wicks are Slicks, and some Slicks are Snicks, just because there are those Slicks out there that aren't Wicks and maybe they are the only ones who are also Snicks. I think I put it was wrong because of the word 'definitely': it's not 'neither', because the 'definitely' in the sentence says you definitely can assume some Wicks are Snicks, and although it's possible that some Wicks are Snicks it's also possible that no Wicks are Snicks, so it's not definite at all.

teeny
09-12-2003, 12:09
I don't think so (although maybe I got it wrong )
I said yes at first. But thought about it for a while. And it's not a quarrantee.. just because it's the way it goes one way, doesn't mean it goes the other way around :) I would say no

coolasfcuk
09-12-2003, 16:09
I don't think so (although maybe I got it wrong) So some Wicks are Slicks, and some are not (I think you can assume that). And some Slicks are Snicks (and some are not), so there is no saying that the Slicks that are Snicks are also Wicks. I mean, Slicks can be either Wicks or non-Wicks, and it's possible that only the non-Wicks are Snicks. It's not clear whether or not the Slick-Snick group includes Wicks or not. By the way it would be the same even if it said: All Wicks are Slicks, and some Slicks are Snicks, just because there are those Slicks out there that aren't Wicks and maybe they are the only ones who are also Snicks. I think I put it was wrong because of the word 'definitely': it's not 'neither', because the 'definitely' in the sentence says you definitely can assume some Wicks are Snicks, and although it's possible that some Wicks are Snicks it's also possible that no Wicks are Snicks, so it's not definite at all.

Tru Dat russkaya :done: that's how i thought about it too.... just saw the word 'definitely' and didnt think twice about it anymore..... some Wicks are NOT definitely Snicks - they could be.... but NOT definitely :D there is the possibility that NONE Wicks are Snicks ;)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/94175669/104006921vIzUVI ... here is the example of how NO Wicks are Snicks - hope it helps better - some Wicks (blue) are still Slicks (green) and some Slicks (green) and still Snicks (yellow) .. but NO Wicks (blue) are Snicks (yellow) :) of course there are other options/possibilities... but that's the one that shows you that the answer is they are NOT

booo... well, too busy lately so I am behind on the IQ testing... I feel like I am getting dumber by the minute, not keeping up with you guys :gigi: ... will catch up .... ja

denial
09-12-2003, 16:27
coolasfcuk, good to hear from you ... because I kinda .. miss you ....:lalala: . .... ewwww...can't believe I'm saying this .. :hmmm:

spyretto
09-12-2003, 20:21
I don't think so (although maybe I got it wrong ) So some Wicks are Slicks, and some are not (I think you can assume that). And some Slicks are Snicks (and some are not), so there is no saying that the Slicks that are Snicks are also Wicks. I mean, Slicks can be either Wicks or non-Wicks, and it's possible that only the non-Wicks are Snicks. It's not clear whether or not the Slick-Snick group includes Wicks or not. By the way it would be the same even if it said: [b]All Wicks are Slicks, and some Slicks are Snicks, just because there are those Slicks out there that aren't Wicks and maybe they are the only ones who are also Snicks. I think I put it was wrong because of the word 'definitely': it's not 'neither', because the 'definitely' in the sentence says you definitely can assume some Wicks are Snicks, and although it's possible that some Wicks are Snicks it's also possible that no Wicks are Snicks, so it's not definite at all.

Yes, you're right. But I got it wrong cause I assumed that some Wicks are Slicks and out of those Slicks some were Snicks. So out of the category of the Wicks who are also Slicks it's quite definite that some of them would be Snicks, some not, but all of them Wicks. So the phrasing of the conundrum pointed me towards that direction.

Instead I would put it like this: If some Wicks are Slicks, and some Snicks are Wicks, then some Snicks are definitely Slicks.

Anyway...Slicks and Snicks :bum:

coolasfcuk
09-12-2003, 23:13
Instead I would put it like this: If some Wicks are Slicks, and some Snicks are Wicks, then some Snicks are definitely Slicks.
:hmmm: you would? :bum: worded that way the question CONFUSES me more... lol.. i mean .. i had to think harder about it.... because it is not a 'chain' (for lack of better words to describe this). See the original question... my thought was a 'chain' or a str8 line thought... some Wicks(1) are Slicks(2).. some Slicks(2) are Snicks(3)... so some Wicks(1) are defnitely Snicks(3)....so, simply if some 1s are 2s and some 2s are 3s then some 1s are definitely 3s. :D
while yours is not a 'chain' (at least to me)... 'cause it goes: some Wicks(1) are Slicks(2) and some Snicks(3) are Wicks(1) .. so some Snicks(3) are definitely Slicks(2).....yours in numbers: if some 1s are 2s and some 3s are 1s then some 3s are definitely 2s :dknow:
But yes, they used the Snicks and Slicks to make it harder on our poor brains LOL thats why i think of them as 1,2,3 :gigi:

and to finish... the answer to your question is NO, some Snicks are NOT definitely Slicks. so the statement is INCORRECT :coctail:

spyretto
09-12-2003, 23:54
you're all right but the phrasing of the sentence was such that made me think that out of those Slicks who are Wicks some are Snicks. Maybe it was deliberately made that way, so lets say that I blew it on that one :D

teeny
10-12-2003, 14:20
culture fair test all done :D and I join Denial at the 115 score
116-125 Significantly above average
How I hate being one freaky point from the next level. :bebebe:

denial
10-12-2003, 15:51
TLFdk, that was really fun test .. right? right? .. LoL .. hey you need to put your biorythem status too .. other wise its hard to compare. I know of someone who waiting for her intellectual status at 100% than only she'll take the test. hump.. women .. :heh:

btw, Tina this weekend maybe we can go through the questions again together what you think? I can catch you on MSN. I don't have any plan yet ..

teeny
10-12-2003, 16:49
btw, Tina this weekend maybe we can go through the questions again together what you think? I can catch you on MSN. I don't have any plan yet ..
awww would love to. But this weekend my parents are visiting so pretty much planned every single hour already.
Friday: they will arrive + they are going to the dentist, saturday: get-together at my aunts place. Sunday: going to see a liveshow "Christmas greetings to and from Greenland" - Danish show held every year. It's so much fun. Afterwards going out for dinner with the family.
Tuesday I don't have any plans. Wednesday: going to the cinema and see "Return of the king". Few days later leaving to visit my parents for the holidays. I love December. So much to do :D
Edit: woops.. looks like monday got lost in there. I think they are leaving at Monday. Otherwise both Monday and Tuesday busy. At least some parts of the days.

TLFdk, that was really fun test .. right? right? .. LoL .. hey you need to put your biorythem status too .. other wise its hard to compare.
My what? is that a part of the test too? You lost me there :hmmm:

denial
11-12-2003, 17:49
Tina .. here the link http://www.dailybiorhythm.com/

Sorry I lost you .. :rose:

teeny
11-12-2003, 17:55
Tina .. here the link http://www.dailybiorhythm.com/
Don't know how to read it.. but yesterday:
Physical: 27%
Emotional: -96%
Intellectual: -96%

No hard feelings, denial :heh: I just didn't have a clue. Thought I was at my best any given day.. Looks like december 18 would have been a good day to do the test (intellectual 19% by then)

febrika
12-12-2003, 07:13
During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

fiuh ...

elf
12-12-2003, 08:14
Your IQ score is 161 :coctail:

xmad
04-12-2005, 13:36
I did and heres the result:
Your IQ score is 124
"Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results."

I think I have to improve my English to get a better result.:coctail:

Linda16
04-12-2005, 18:25
I also took the test. Results: Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
You are gifted with the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. Insightful linguists can take complex concepts and articulate them to just about anyone. You have a gift with words and insight into processes and the way people think. These talents enable you to explain things clearly to people.

I did quite well in mathematics:
You scored in the 80th percentile on the mathematical intelligence scale.

Absolutely well in visual-spatial intelligence:
You scored in the 100th percentile on the visual-spatial intelligence scale.

and in linguistic intelligence:
You scored in the 100th percentile on the linguistic intelligence scale.

But I failed in logics :(
You scored in the 40th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.

Jobs that they recommend for me:
Publicist
Translator
Graphic designer
Teacher
Broadcaster
Public speaker
Attorney
Politician

At least, I have not made mistakes in my life and have chosen right paths :D

Rachel
04-12-2005, 18:32
I haven't the patience to take a test like this LOL

Plus, I'd probably embarrass myself :p

zelda05
04-12-2005, 18:43
Rachel, feel embarrass?... highly doubt that. :D

As for me, I haven't got the time to register...

KillaQueen
04-12-2005, 18:47
Plus, I'd probably embarrass myself :p
LOL, yeah me too... :lalala:

Linda16
04-12-2005, 18:54
LOL, yeah me too...

Killa, come on. It's not so difficult. Quite a lot of questions depend on your knowledge of English and that's excellent in your case :)

KillaQueen
04-12-2005, 19:52
Killa, come on. It's not so difficult. Quite a lot of questions depend on your knowledge of English and that's excellent in your case :)
:o ok, you encouraged me to take it, P.
and, unlike you, it seems i got my career wrong :laugh:

You scored 122 on Tickle's IQ test.

You have an unusually strong balance between verbal and mathematical skills combined with a strength in the visual realm. Your most enduring talent, however, is that your idea center never shuts down. That's what makes you an Inspired Inventor.

You come up with insights that surprise even yourself, and that's because you might not always be aware when your brain is working on the next great idea. Most of the time, Inspired Inventors such as yourself have a plan brewing in their heads — even if they don't know it at the time. You are particularly adept at brainstorming, and coming up with multiple solutions for any problem because your brain never switches into the "off" position. You're like Sir Isaac Newton in this way — even commonplace events like an apple falling from a tree can be worked into the ever-present concepts that are formulating in your mind. This is the reason people flock to you for fresh ideas, advice, and insight.

Your keen ability to process new information, makes you an indispensable team thinker. If, for example, you and your friends were stranded on a desert island, you would be able to figure out how to live in an unfamiliar landscape. Despite the newness of the situation, you would be in your element, generating ideas and potential solutions.

You have a unique way of solving problems. So trust yourself, and take every chance you can to share your insightful ideas with others.

Great Jobs For You
Because of the way you process information, these are just some of the many careers in which you could excel:
Architect
Designer
Engineer
Physicist
Astronomer

Some of Your Greatest Talents
You've got tons of strengths. It wouldn't surprise us if you:
Are incredibly resourceful
Find inspiration in the mundane
Look at things in ways no one else has thought of
Can give perspective
Are a visionary

You scored in the 80th percentile on the mathematical intelligence scale.
You scored in the 80th percentile on the linguistic intelligence scale.
You scored in the 20th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.

yes, i am illogical. nothing new :none:

Linda16
04-12-2005, 19:58
You are particularly adept at brainstorming, and coming up with multiple solutions for any problem because your brain never switches into the "off" position. You're like Sir Isaac Newton in this way — even commonplace events like an apple falling from a tree can be worked into the ever-present concepts that are formulating in your mind. This is the reason people flock to you for fresh ideas, advice, and insight.

Well that sounds good, doesn't it? ;)

And have you ever considered a career of an Astronomer? :)

After all, IQ 122 is a good result.

nath
04-12-2005, 20:08
Made it this morning but why don't I have all the details as you girls!!! :cry:

Your IQ score is 131

You have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. These skills combined with your strengths in logic are what make you a Visual Mathematician.

You're able to understand patterns visually and in numbers. That means your mind can create a mental picture for any problem. In addition to that skill, you possess an intelligence that allows you to apply math to that picture, too. That helps you manipulate multiple parts of the picture (or problem) to come up with a solution.
You have many skills that are critical to success and problem-solving. Your talents help you understand the "big picture," which is partly why people may turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. You flourish in environments where tasks are clearly defined, and you are a whiz at improving processes and making things more efficient. Your ability to detect patterns and your skills in math and logic, make it natural for you to come up with ideas and theories that simplify processes for everyone.

Outside of work, Visual Mathematicians tend to do well at strategic activities like chess. It must be that ability to recognize patterns — both as they are and how they develop. Regardless of how you put your mind to use, you've got a great set of talents. You will be able to envision a clear path and calculate the risks, and more importantly, the rewards, of anything you take on.

Great Jobs For You
Physicists
Chess player
City planner
Astronomer
Physicists
Mathematician
Researcher
*Absolutely not tempted by all those jobs here!!!:p *

Some of Your Greatest Talents
You've got tons of strengths. It wouldn't surprise us if you:
Can give practical application to abstract thought
Can predict patterns
Are resourceful & practical
Envision the "big picture"

You scored in the 100th percentile on the mathematical intelligence scale
You scored in the 80th percentile on the linguistic intelligence scale.
You scored in the 90th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.

About the Cool 's test http://ivos.ivillage.com/assessment/iq/?&o=dcm%2Ciq%2Cyh%2Cbn%2Ciq300%2Civ%2Cron ...just got 108 :(
Try it...

You're like Sir Isaac Newton in this way — even commonplace events like an apple falling from a tree can be worked into the ever-present concepts that are formulating in your mind.
I understand now why you're so brilliant in the "Do we die? - scientists doubt" :eek:

KillaQueen
04-12-2005, 20:20
lol, thank you for comforting me, girls. :rose: :rose:
MY GOD, Nath, 131!! bravo!! :coctail:
you can get the details by clicking the link you got by email, after the test.

oh there is another test? ok, lets do that one as well. LOL.

coolasfcuk
04-12-2005, 20:23
ok, i took this again.. i am too lazy to see what my result was when i took it a while back (anyone want to check? :gigi: ) .. please let me know if i got DUMBER or if i improved the results:

i got this now: Congratulations, Chris!
Your IQ score is 129

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

"creative and expressive mind" ... hmmm... im off to see if they recommend if i should be an architect, if not... oh la laaaaa, what am i doing here :laugh:

edit: Helen Keller is a great example of an Insightful Linguist. Blind, deaf and mute, she was still able to put things together in her mind and to understand complex ideas. She could do that because she was able to conceptualize ideas internally. Though she could not literally see, she had the visual and spatial skills necessary to understand patterns on an abstract level. She learned to read, write and ultimately became a writer on issues of social justice.

You have an uncanny ability to work your way out of sticky situations using your talent with words. Crossword puzzles, debates — you're particularly well equipped to come out on top since you can read people well.

Like Charles Dickens, your verbal skills go far beyond having a good vocabulary. Dickens' genius was in the artful and descriptive way he crafted sentences. Also Dickensian, is your keen eye for detail and your adeptness for identifying the best way to express an idea based on your given surroundings and circumstances.

Your ability to communicate your vision clearly will take you far. So enjoy being perceptive, and make the most of your abilities as an insightful linguist.
:lol: me and language and writing just DONT go together....what is WRONG with those people?!

Great Jobs For You
Because of the way you process information, these are just some of the many careers in which you could excel:
Publicist
Translator
Graphic designer
Teacher
Broadcaster
Public speaker
Attorney
Politician

ummm.... yeah, RIGHT :lol:

Linda16
04-12-2005, 20:24
Made it this morning but why don't I have all the details as you girls!!!

nath, you can also find your detailed results when on the main results page you click the blue button: Go to my report.

131 - also a good result :) But I noticed that earlier in this thread some people had made 161 or 165. Geniouses!!

coolasfcuk
04-12-2005, 20:30
oh, and the percentiles:

You scored in the 80th percentile on the mathematical intelligence scale
ou scored in the 100th percentile on the visual-spatial intelligence scale
You scored in the 100th percentile on the linguistic intelligence scale.
You scored in the 90th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.

edit: I went back in the thread... i had 136 before, obviously i am getting DUMBER :lol: .... oh well ... what can you do... ha ha

nath
04-12-2005, 20:33
Thanks Killaqueen..but i had to pass through 20 advertissments before to find the answer..not enough intelligent to find the good bottom!!:(

KillaQueen
04-12-2005, 20:46
Great Jobs For You
Translator
:lol: check my jobs. we definitely got our jobs mixed, coolies :laugh:

ok, in the other test i scored 112 - above average intelligence.

and P., no i never considered becoming an astronomer. i don't think i've ever had an interest in astronomy... though i do have a weird pleasure of looking at the moon, like really staring at it. never did know where it comes from. maybe i'm a werewolf :lol:

Rachel
04-12-2005, 22:10
I am amazed (http://www.liebe-ist.biz/wow.JPG) :eek:

QueenBee
04-12-2005, 22:12
I am so dumb I accidentally clicked the page away.

:(.

KillaQueen
04-12-2005, 22:16
:lol: me sistah, you are so funny! *huggles you* :kwink:

freddie
04-12-2005, 23:13
Your IQ score is 132

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

I hate these online tests. Lol They're so american-orientated. I don't think there's really any credible difference from 120 to 140. And I totally screwed up the fruit questions. :p

This is the other one (ivillage)...

Your IQ score is 141. A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 129-143 is considered to be "highly intelligent".

Your IQ score is based on your scores across 12 distinct aspects of intelligence. Like everyone, you have a unique intellectual makeup, with strengths and weaknesses that affect your methods of understanding, communication and relating to others. According to your results, your greatest intellectual strength is Processing Speed.

I totally knew I'll be better at this one. The first one is too americanized. Or at least it prefers english native speakers.

nath
05-12-2005, 06:40
Freddie.....now you have no excuse now.....We want to see quicklllllllllyyyyy your lawer certificate!! :done:

hate these online tests. Lol They're so american-orientated.
I don't know if it's too american :confused: but it describes exactly, here, the way my brain is working....

haku
06-12-2005, 04:05
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

nath
06-12-2005, 07:36
Pat :done:

catmincenz
06-12-2005, 08:02

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

freddie
07-12-2005, 15:27
Freddie.....now you have no excuse now.....We want to see quicklllllllllyyyyy your lawer certificate!! :done:
I have it already for a month or so. :p

marina
07-12-2005, 16:26
I don't even want to try !
I would probably be a typical drifter , like someone not switched on at all , so close to imbecility...:ithink: