PDA

View Full Version : Deftones

KooReeT
30-05-2003, 04:36
Hey I'm just curious to know how many people here listen to "Deftones"? Well before I wasn't too big of a fan cuz its been a while since their last album came out but this new album is sweet! As of now their new album is surrently #2 in the country :done: :done: :done: :done:
Anyway for those that have been living under a rock for the past years or are interested, Deftones ain't really a band to categorize because they just don't sound like anybody else. The lead singer, Chino supplies the vocals with so much emotion you probably can't find anywhere else these days. The vocals are backed up by the hard drums of Abe Cunningham, amazing bass by Chi Cheng, with Stephen Carpenter on strings, and revolutionizing samples/keys by Frank Delgado.
Now I'm a fan of all types a music, and if you are like me, definatly lay back a nice summer night, light a cigarette and blast some Deftones on your headphones...:)
Recommended downloads are:
"Minerva" new single
"Change" I think from the "Queen of the Dammned" soundtrack
- And if you like what you here so far, then listen to:
"Shut up and drive"
"My own summer"
Heres a link to the official website: Deftones (http://www.deftones.com)
And there new video off of there new album - "Minerva" (http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/videoplayer/check_real.jhtml?vid=21640&channelID=1&gateway=bands&paid=605&s1=az&s2=deftones&adPth=/adsetup/bands/&adPN=artist)

Tranz
30-05-2003, 05:40
I really like their new stuff. Them and Linkin Park are basically what I have been listening too lately. Their new sound is a bit different, but I think its alot better. :coctail:

crni
30-05-2003, 11:03
and i don't really like the minerva song...too much moaning :) ...didn't hear the whole album so i can't say.

but the best song i've heard of them is deffinitely passanger, with the tool guy ;)

also good...digital bath, change, back to school...

KooReeT
01-06-2003, 19:51
Dam crni, thanks alot for the info on "passenger"! I just downloaded it and this is the sickest song I've ever heard! :done: :done: :done:

crni
01-06-2003, 20:10
it's really a great song ;)

spyretto
08-06-2003, 03:53
yeah, I got their (first?? ) album. (The white one with some sort of seashell on the cover?)
I think they're good but they don't exactly evolve as a band...Minerva sounds like any other of their older songs. But maybe the rest is different, I haven't listened to their album in full.

I like them best of all nu-metal bands though ;) And they have their own style.

KooReeT
19-06-2003, 18:19
What other countries are Deftones popular in besides the U.S.?????