PDA

View Full Version : Which martial arts would you study?

skygto
23-05-2003, 16:49
I'm going to take one of these classes and I just want to know what's everyones input on it.

Ann t..A.T.u.
23-05-2003, 22:17
i would study Tae Kwon Do thats what i study at the mo n im just 1 year away from 1st degree black belt. its a great sport. theres patterns, sparring (fighting) and destruction(breaking of boards) its better than the rest cause its modern but still old so id go for that one.

Tranz
24-05-2003, 00:53
Dude trust me, DO NOT take Tae Kwon Do. Unless you are into martial arts just for show. Tae Kwon Do is mostly for show wit high flying kicks, that would never work in a real street fight. I am not dissing Tae Kwon Do at all, so dont get me wrong. Its a good art, but mostly for ppl just starting in martial arts. Out of the ones you have listed, I would do some Jiu Jitsu. If your taking it for self defense only, or for some tournaments, its a great art to know. I have been studying Muay Thai for 4 years now, and I have been in several full contact mixed martial arts matches. Best two arts to mix, Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu. I am studying Jiu Jitsu now. So if your into competing in full contact or you just wanna be familiar with a well rounded art, try some Jui Jitsu or even better Muay Thai.

Pop!
24-05-2003, 01:57
But don't do that ( even though its not on your list) coz its crap. All it is, is just trippin peeps over then holdin em down for 30 seconds. BIG WOOP!
Anyway . . out of the ones you listed, I would choose Kung Fu.

EeZeReal
24-05-2003, 02:08
I'd take Shaolin style...Those shaolin brah's can do mad crazy stuff..LoL..Balancing on spikes and what have you... :rolleyes:

But thats just me :gigi:

Tranz
25-05-2003, 23:28
Well I didnt mention this in my first post, but I ll help ya out a lil more.

I ll give ya a breakdown:

Kung Fu - Its a great art, only not exactly what you would want to learn if your into full contact competions. Great to learn and study for the long run of practition tho.

Shaolin Style - Well any of these will take more then a lifetime to fully master. And since you havent even started yet, idk if thats the best choice. Although another great art.

Tae Kwon Do - Lol as I mentioned above this is the last one i think you would want to do.

Jiu Jitsu - A great art to learn. Lot of grappling and disarming moves. However in competions (if you are into that) you learn armbars, triangle holds and other techniques of that sort. Great for competeing or just practicing. Plus you can get well develped in this art, and then mix a more of a strking art, such as Muay Thai or Boxing.

I have been studying Jiu Jitsu for a few months now, and along wit my Muay Thai background, I am a pretty well balanced fighter. Anyway good luck wit whatever ya choose, hope I have helped.

skygto
27-05-2003, 02:42
I'm taking Wing Chun.

Tranz
27-05-2003, 06:34
Originally posted by skygto
I'm taking Wing Chun.

Good luck with it bro :done: