PDA

View Full Version : Portia de Rossi

cindango
21-05-2003, 05:34
Does anyone remember when newspapers and tabloids were talking a LOT about her relationship with Francesca Gregorini, a singer-songwriter? Tatu sort of reminds me of that...how they got so much attention at first.

PowerPuff Grrl
21-05-2003, 20:13
I know alot of people here will be disagreeing with me on this, but I think they are quite simply the cutest lebian couple ever!

freddie
21-05-2003, 21:19
Francesca Gregorini? She's Ringo Star's stepdaugther right?

I think the tabloids weren't talking that much about them at first, 'cause Portia wanted to hide the relationship for the sake of her careera, but then they caught them kissing on the street.

cindango
23-05-2003, 00:33
Originally posted by freddie

I think the tabloids weren't talking that much about them at first, 'cause Portia wanted to hide the relationship for the sake of her careera, but then they caught them kissing on the street.

but then once she became more open there were a lot of pictures of them surfacing.

cindango
23-05-2003, 00:33
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
I know alot of people here will be disagreeing with me on this, but I think they are quite simply the cutest lebian couple ever!

i agree. well celeb ones at least. did anyone here hear about that melissa lady? i forgot her last name, she is a singer.

edit: spelling :p

KillaQueen
23-05-2003, 01:23
can someone show me pics of her and this Francesca girl? me wants to see... some links maybe?
i love the look in this actress' eyes... and her smile... she ruled in Ally McBeal :done:

freddie
23-05-2003, 01:43
Here's the link:

http://www.clublez.com/movies/lesbian_celebrities/couples/portia_de_rossi_and_francesca_gregorini/index_photos.html

KillaQueen
23-05-2003, 01:48
thank you, freddie... i am gonna have to try later though cos there's too many people on it right now lol. man... *stomps foot* lol

Edit: everyone, keep out! i got in!!... thanks again, freddie... i've always been curious to see how her g/f looks like:)

freddie
23-05-2003, 01:59
You're welcome.

In my opinion her girlfriend looks delicious. And so does Portia. To bad they're gay.:( :D

KillaQueen
23-05-2003, 02:15
i actually thought Portia was beautiful enough for both of them ;) no offence! :D

razormaid
27-05-2003, 15:08
(Just in case you didn't realise!)

Portia de Rossi is actually Australian.

She appeared in a few Australian programs, but notably, a film called 'Sirens' with Elle McPherson, Hugh Grant and Sam Neil.

She grew up and went to school (with someone I know) in Geelong, a small city about 80kms from Melbourne (right down the bottom of Australia).

She was lesbian ever since she was about 18 (yes, I suppose she hid it because of her career).

Her real name was Amanda Rogers!

freddie
27-05-2003, 18:15
I knew she was an Australian. But she hides her accent EXTREMELY well. When I hear her talk I could never have guessed the wasn't american. I guess you native speakers he trough her in an instant, but not me.:dknow:

She was a lesbian at 18? Hmmmm...Wasn't she married once?:confused:

killaqueen: Hehe..different tastes. I would much rather see her girlfriend under my christmas tree, then Portia herself. Better yet I'd much rather see ripptyd then both of them haha... :hmmm: *hides*

razormaid
28-05-2003, 02:38
Well, my friend says that she always liked girls when she was young... I never heard of her being married though!? but it's possible.

Unfortunately, if you want to make it as an actor in America, you have to do a pretty good American accent - it's true that there are many Australian actors there who speak with an American accent all the time, not just on screen.

Ripptyd
28-05-2003, 23:58
Hush freddie! No more nonesense from you! LOL.

God, I remember watching Portia when I was younger (Like 5 years ago) on this one show called "Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher"
Funny show! Found her insanely beautiful.

Then I caught her on Ally McBeal, etc. Was great to see her on TV again.

Yet I had no idea she was a lesbian. LOL. Those pictures of them are so cute! :D

KillaQueen
29-05-2003, 01:18
freddie: don't have me starting another kingdom here in this topic too LOL. *announcement* the joker part is already occupied! ;) hmm... the king part is taken too... though the queen seems to be a little reluctant :D Ripp, come on girl, don't you wanna be a QUEEEEEEEEEEN???? :eek: :laugh:

Ripptyd
29-05-2003, 11:33
Quite possibly, but that's SO irrelevant! LOL. :coctail:

This is me laughing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! At you.

This is my kicking. *kicks* At YOU. :P

This is me pointing. *Points.* And laughing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Again. At you. Let's add us some chortling too. XD

If ONLY you could see my face. LOL. *starts trampling your soccer shins* Oops, I may have broken something there, little one! :P

*Crippled. But. Still laughing.* HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*laughs, SO hard!*

freddie
30-05-2003, 03:44
Sure, sure Killa another kindom. You have to do your joker duties more seriously this time. And remember this kingdom is not the S/M kind like the last one:laugh:

So no Queen yet ha? That's OK, I can rule the universe of Portia De Rossi without a Queen...mwahahahahahaha :lol:

Ripp: Nonesense? What nonesense. Is this anyway to talk to your king?:laugh:

EDIT: Hmmmm...the word "queen" carries a lot of sexual innuendo with it, I've just realize it. It should be used only by professionals LMAO.

KillaQueen
30-05-2003, 22:26
freddie: :10x: omg omg omg omg omg omg! :10x: ANOTHER KINGDOM!!!! :yes: no, of course, not the S/M one... DUH... *blushes*... ahem... *hides all objects that point to S/M*... *yes, the bazooka too* :eek: :laugh:... don't give me that look! remember, i kill people as a hobby LOL.

Ripptyd
31-05-2003, 15:47
*looks around wide eyed* I have a feeling I don't belong in the KINKY KINGDOM! LMAO.

freddie
31-05-2003, 17:18
Ripp: This is not a kinky kindom... I got that out of my system in another thread:D
My royal S/M fetish is gone by now. The king is ready to move past that ;)

So hear me out Killa!!! No killing people here! And put down that whip!!! Yes, the handcuffs also!!! Wait!!! You can keep the bazooka just for fun - you never know ;) I get a felling this queen is not as tolerant as the last one. The last one was slavic so...:D

Ripptyd
31-05-2003, 19:04
*blinks before cracking up*

freddie
31-05-2003, 19:27
Soooo Ripp what do you say? Do you except the "queen" status in this thread? It has so many benifits, you wouldn't belive:D Just ask Cool ;)

Here's a little song for encouragement:
*starts singing*

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and Glorious,
Long to reign over us;
God save the Queen

KillaQueen
31-05-2003, 21:40
freddie: you mean... you mean there'll be no killing people here??... *sheds a tear*... *another tear*... *starts crying buckets*... but WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY?????????... why can't i kill people, Your Majesty???... me wanna kill people... nooooooooo!!!..... *points bazooka at herself*... OH, HERE'S A PERSON!!!... *blinks*... *shoots*... all we see is KQ splattered all over... and we hear a little voice saying: "i killed a person, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!... ahem... *cough cough*..."... *dies* o_O

and they all lived happily ever after. :bum:

P.S. ok, i think you sang your song in vain there... i think i chased away our Queen... oh well... :hmmm: :p

cindango
31-05-2003, 22:03

I meant how Tatu got so much attention at first.

Ripptyd
31-05-2003, 23:39
*grins and hops onto King freddie's lap*
I'm ready to RULE! Woooooo!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! <--Me laughing at you. NOW. Back on topic, you crazy people.

freddie
01-06-2003, 01:44
Long, long may you reign my beloved Queen and don't mind that Killa nut...she's been stripped of all the whips and handcuffes and her bazooka isn't even loaded...she can't kill anyone, just a bluff.....

Now wait... did Queen just hop into my LAP??? :eek:
*faints and dies in eternal bliss*

:( The king is dead. What now???? A new king???? Matriarchy??? Let's go with the matriarchy!!! :heh:
The king is dead, long live the queen!!!!:D

EDIT: OK, now something especially for Echoed. Back on topic!!!! :coctail:
This is for all you beautiful crazy Portia loving people out there:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/portia/

Ripptyd
01-06-2003, 23:38
I can always bring the king back with CPR. ;) LOL.

*coughs, going back on topic*
Rawr for Portia! ;)

freddie
02-06-2003, 02:33
I can always bring the king back with CPR. LOL.

No, no, no...the king's been flatlined for to long, and the heart attack caused by Queen hoping on his lap was to sewere... the king is lost now ... forever ... but he did enjoy his final moments, before heart faliure...best couple of seconds of his life !!!:D
The king didn't even know what hit him in the excitement.:hmmm:

Topic...topic...topic....
What was it again? Ohh yes... but how can we talk about Portia at a times like this? Oh, well...
Yes she is a lesbian, yes she is hot, no she is not a natural blond. That's all you have to know about her. The only qustion now is if she was married (to a man) or not... there are some conflicting reports on that.

Edit: Here's another Portia+Franschesca pict.
http://www.ladyfromrussia.com/karnaval/serp/images/S_AllyMcBeal.JPG

Rob
09-06-2003, 00:35
Portia de Rossi... hm, thinking back she was the best looking woman from the whole Ally McBeal-bunch. Even though I didn't like the show, but my former gf forced me to watch. ;)

Hm, didn't know she had a gf, interesting. Does anyone know how this Coming-Out influenced her career, is she still booked or are the "tolerant" Americans giving her a hard time?

poppy
09-06-2003, 20:22
I think we've yet to find out!!

freddie
09-06-2003, 22:12
Hm, didn't know she had a gf, interesting. Does anyone know how this Coming-Out influenced her career, is she still booked or are the "tolerant" Americans giving her a hard time?

She didn't exactly come out yet... She just doesn't mind if the tabloids spot her kissing her gf. She hasn't made any official anouncment.

Ripptyd
10-06-2003, 20:27
She hasn't made any official anouncment.

She shouldn't have to, and it may be what she's trying to say by NOT saying anything. Kind of like, "I dare you to draw your own conclusions and judge."

freddie
10-06-2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Ripptyd
She shouldn't have to, and it may be what she's trying to say by NOT saying anything. Kind of like, "I dare you to draw your own conclusions and judge."

Yes exactly!!! Guess who did that as well? He was a real good musician of the persian descent and acted like a true "queen" in public, but never said a word about his sexuality. However he sure did everything in his power to look as gay as possible (I still laugh at his "not officialy gay" moustache he wore in the 80s:laugh: )

He just dismissed every question about his sexuality by saying: "Yes darling... I'm as gay as a daffodil":D (that's an insinuation to a poem by William Wordsworth - Daffodils)

Anyway.... back to the topic.
She doesn't have to indeed. Let actions speak louder then words;)

PowerPuff Grrl
23-06-2003, 21:07
I just heard over the weekend that Portia and Franschesca are coming up to Canada to get married now that it is legal.
So, I guess that just squashes any ambiguity in their relationship, eh?

Anyhoo, awww... congratulations!!!

zebu
23-06-2003, 22:20
yes, i heard that too, but the tv said that they'll get married somewhere in europe and they still haven't set the date.
someone saw them buying wedding dresses

daydreamer0102
24-06-2003, 19:30
aww thats so cute!! i wish i could see pictures of that. :D

poppy
02-07-2003, 21:23
just found this pic of them both looking beautiful on the way to a wedding, thought i'd share it.

http://www.portiaderossi.org/img/miscevents/wedding03/2.jpg

xena225
02-07-2003, 21:59
Originally posted by poppy
just found this pic of them both looking beautiful on the way to a wedding, thought i'd share it.

http://www.portiaderossi.org/img/miscevents/wedding03/2.jpg

Wow, cool pic, poppy, thank you! :rose:

You know, I could imagine Yulia and Lena getting married in similar outfits. :p Yulia in this revealing suit, Lena in a romantic dress... :yes: ;)

xena225

poppy
02-07-2003, 22:32
there's lots of pics on that site (LOL. maybe too many!) some of them are cool though they look like a really cute couple and really at ease which is cool.

there's a few magazine pics of their house ...... oh to be rich!!!! :grustno: