PDA

View Full Version : Got any Guilty Pleasures?

PowerPuff Grrl
12-05-2003, 17:46
Like anything that is generally dismissed as crap?
Then please, tell us!
What better way to reveal to the world your secret admiration for the likes of Pauly Shore and Carrot Top than by saying it here.
Who knows, somebody might share that very same infatuation with you.

So spill it!

Here's mine:
-The Spice Girls are the best pop group ever!
-Shania Twain's "That don't Impress Me Much" is the best song ever!
-I love divas:
»Bitchy divas: J.Lo and Christina
»Stupid divas are next; Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson.
»But the best divas are the certified ones; Celine Dion and Whitney "Crack is Whack" Houston.
-The best movies Hollywood has produced in the past ten years: Starship Troopers, Showgirls, and Bring it On.

And the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures:
I like shopping at the Gap

There is more, but first let's see how far you guys will take it.

LMH7654
19-05-2003, 20:53
Ok PowerPuff Grrl, I have many of these things you call guilty pleasures, but one in particular is getting on this forum and others and looking up stuff on t.A.T.u. Another one, kinda silly, but here ya go, I am addicted to DIET COKE! No lie, I have like 10-12 cans of it a day...It is all I drink, unless you count alcohol and water for when I am hung over...LOL

Pop!
20-05-2003, 10:08
That can't be good for you LMH7654. I heard on TV that exccesive amounts of Diet Coke can increase your chances of cancer.

Oh, and I have a few guilty pleasures also. Umm . . .
I like TATU.
NO ONE in my WHOLE grade likes them and its like, if you do, then your un-cool. So I keep it kinda quiet.
I collect weird things like bar codes, street signs <---illegal, coins, magazine clippings of anything etc. and THATS considered CRAP!!
I LOVE SlipKnot. But if you like them, then most people (even out of highschool) think your weird and twisted and they have actually became scared of me now!! lol. They don't talk to me incase I murder them. Can you believe that??

Lux
21-05-2003, 05:45
i'm 19 years old, in college, and i am obsessed with tatu. in the spirit of "f*ck war" i made a tshirt and a tank top in tatu style and i wore it around campus when it was warm. it was actually very hot that day and i hung out in the central grassy area in the middle of the campus, and just chizilled. i was wearing the "f*ck war" tank (ok wifebeater) when i notice these two girls staring at me and saying something to each to each other. one of them asks me to come over, i am hesitant. a brief convo ensued:

random russian girl: "hi, do you know what your shirt means?"
lux: "yeah, i do."
random russian girl: "ever heard of a group called tatu?"
lux: "yeah, actually *laughs* i'm a big fan of them."
random russian girl: "oh, cool." *looks at other russian girl, in a weird way*

what makes this guilty?? it was great. SOMEONE RECOGNIZED A TATU-ism. of course i was secretly ecstatic. not to mention, how many ppl have asked me what "xyn bohne" means. so so great. SO great. *sigh*

kishkash
24-05-2003, 00:00
The best movies Hollywood has produced in the past ten years: Starship Troopers, Showgirls, and Bring it On.

lets not forget old skool ANDDD super troopers (if u haven't seen the latter GO AND WATCH IT NOW!)

my guilty pleasures:
- I watched Buffy right up until it ended...but won't admit to anyone that i watch it (sept u guys!)
- i love..LOVE going to the mall to shop for clothes/shoes. If down then i shop! (i guess thatz not really a guilty pleasure though)

hmm can't think of anything more!

haku
14-09-2004, 13:30
my guilty pleasures:
- I watched Buffy right up until it ended...That's a guilty pleasure? Hmmm, well, i own all Buffy and Angel seasons on DVD, lol, and i like them (and not just because of Alyson Hannigan).

I also like to listen to Brit pop... Girls Aloud, Sugababes, and Kylie Minogue rule.

I like StarWars, i think Episode I was great, and Episode II even better.

Crampaholic
14-09-2004, 14:17
well :p....
I must admit i was Leonardo dicaprios number 1 Fan LMAO
I always cry at the end of titanic (yeah yeah ive watched it many times and still i cry)
I like making lil kids cry LMAO
And I love to tease :rolleyes:

KillaQueen
14-09-2004, 21:31
I was mad about BSB (AJ, oh where art thou, AJ, the first boy I ever loved... :bum: ), NSync, Leo Di Caprio (does *drool* ring a bell?), Titney (I am so ashamed of this now), Westlife (them, I still like... not their latest singles though. thats why i didnt buy their latest album)... Oh... I think it's just enough to say that I was mad. Period. Ahem :o

thegurgi
15-09-2004, 04:22
ok, the whole spice girl thing makes me feel a lot better (yes i am a victim as well)... that's probably my only true guilty please cause i don't admit it to anyone. The funny thing is that both my parents love them as well (yeah, even my Dad, who only listened to pink floyd and emerson,lake and palmer in college, hahaha)

and yspidan... i'll challenge you on this:
- I swear I'm the only guy in the US who owns all of the following:
TATU

Cause dude, i have like 18 Cds... all of them different... :: and only 2 are bootlegs ::

Tatu aren't a guilty pleasure to me... nor do i boast it... but i do admit it ... you never admit a guilty pleasure out loud...unless in one of these things.

Other gps? ummm, well, i guess Disney's Full-Length Animated Features (which is what they are called god-damnit). I own all of them, from Snow White to Brother Bear... and well, i don't like people to know this unless i trust them pretty well and know they won't go mental on me (or think i'm mental... though i may be, who knows).

rANdoMtATuFaN
15-09-2004, 05:53
- I know all the Star Trek characters
- I still like some old Backstreet Boys songs
- I like both Justin's and Brittany's music
- I actually like one Country song
- I think Eminem is cute

Other gps? ummm, well, i guess Disney's Full-Length Animated Features (which is what they are called god-damnit). I own all of them, from Snow White to Brother Bear...

Dude, that's crazy.

teeny
15-09-2004, 06:02
Westlife (them, I still like... not their latest singles though. thats why i didnt buy their latest album)
But the album is really good. :lalala:
Which brings me to the guilty pleasures..

Liking Westlife. Having been to each concert tour in Denmark so far and last time even waiting in line all day. Was to get a spot in the closed area but in the back of it, but still.. it was a lot of hours :rolleyes:
The other guilty pleasure is liking most of the english and irish boybands aswell.. a1, 911, boyzone, blue, five - thats about it though..

Then I have this thing for popidol attentants.. Gareth Gates, Sinead Quinn, David Sneddon, Malachi, Alex Parks and danish runner up Julie. Good thing about the english ones is that they aren't that wellknown in denmark

Haku: liking star wars isn't a guilty pleasure.. but I think liking episode I the most is :heh:

ypsidan04
17-09-2004, 04:23
Ashlee Simpson (http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/player/default.asp?videoID=1111882) :liplick: :cool:

KillaQueen
17-09-2004, 20:59
But the album is really good. :lalala:
Which brings me to the guilty pleasures..

Liking Westlife. Having been to each concert tour in Denmark so far and last time even waiting in line all day. Was to get a spot in the closed area but in the back of it, but still.. it was a lot of hours :rolleyes:
The other guilty pleasure is liking most of the english and irish boybands aswell.. a1, 911, boyzone, blue, five - thats about it though..

Is it? The "Hey whatever" and "Obvious" really didn't do the trick for me. I still think "Westlife" is their best album :o

I wish I had been to one of their concerts, but no one ever comes to Romania (Bless Sarah Brightman - she came here about 2 weeks ago and man... what a concert that was! Hats off to her! :rose: ). But I have a Scottish friend mad about Westlife and she sent me the Coast to Coast concert tape which I really enjoyed. You know, before, seeing them or hearing them would give me goosebumps, but that's gone.. I dunno why. I still think they're the hottest boyband to date. Shane... Mark... Nicky... Kian... I didn't quite like Brian, even though he was funny. Not as hot as the others though :gigi: I still have their posters on the wall, alongside tATu ;)

OH, I liked too a1, boyzone, five.. and some songs of blue. :girl:

teeny
17-09-2004, 22:19
"Hey whatever" and "Obvious"
I know.. Hey Whatever stinks..
But some of the other songs on the album are quite good. Turnaround, I Did It For You, On My Shoulder, What Do They Know? and Home being the best ones. I don't mind Obvious that much though. Esp. live where Nicky gets to sing Brians parts. Think I like World Of Our Own album the most though. I'm with you on the posters aswell, though I have single shots instead from WOOO merchandise stand.

haku
17-09-2004, 22:47
Haku: liking star wars isn't a guilty pleasure.. but I think liking episode I the most isHe he :D

Well, i didn't mean that Episode I is the best of all 5 (or 6), but i think it's good, lol. And being a geek, i just love the computer graphics, the Queen's wardrobe is also fantastic. The computer graphics in Episode II are even more amazing, i've watched it countless times, lol. So, ok, the plot of the prequel is pretty weak, and the Jedi knights are a bit lame (i mean, they have a Sith right under their noses and they don't see anything?), but i still think it's a good story, at least i enjoy it.
Actually i've always liked the Empire, they have kick ass ships (gotta like the Executor Class), millions of clone soldiers and Sith Lords are pretty cool, the red imperial guards look good too, and at least in the prequel, the Empire wins, lol. :D

The dark side will prevail.

teeny
17-09-2004, 22:58
speaking of star wars.. read today that George Lucas changed even more scenes in the IV-VI episodes in the dvd boxset. He cut out the actor playing old Aniken in Return of the Jedi and inserted Hayden Christensen instead. The emperor should be switched aswell with the guy playing him now.. :none:
Don't really know how to feel about all the editing if it's true.

So guilty pleasure: thinking the more Hayden the better :gigi: And I do rank Episode II fairly high in the top 5 so far.. that should be a guilty pleasure aswell. :lalala:

haku
17-09-2004, 23:11
He cut out the actor playing old Aniken in Return of the Jedi and inserted Hayden Christensen instead.I think it's a good thing. :yes:

The emperor should be switched aswell with the guy playing him now.Well, Ian McDiarmid who plays the emperor in the prequel already played the emperor in Episode VI (He's the only actor who has kept his role between the old episodes and the new ones). It's only in Episode V that the emperor makes a small appearance via holovision and at the time it was played by another actor, so if they replaced him by Ian McDiarmid, it's a really good thing. :yes:

Anyway, Lucas has said that he plans to remake completely the old episodes in a few years completely in computer graphics (with no actors at all) because the current ones are not like he wanted them to be originally.

I haven't even ordered the new DVD set of Ep IV-V-VI, lol. :lalala:

teeny
17-09-2004, 23:21
Well, Ian McDiarmid who plays the emperor in the prequel already played the emperor in Episode VIhe did? what the fcuk are the geeks at imdb complaining about then? :rolleyes:

Located selected list:
Jabba has been redone in A New Hope.
Ian is the Emperor in Empire.
Hayden is in the ghost scene.
Naboo is in the end celebration sequence in Return of the Jedi.
The Han/Greedo shooting scene has been improved (but Greedo still shoots first).
Jango Fett's voice has replaced Boba's original voice (in all of two or three lines).
Luke's "Emperor Scream" in The Empire Strikes Back has been removed

Do we have a star wars thread btw?
Haven't ordered the dvd box set either. Mainly because I'm running low on cash at the moment, and I only watched the special edition vhs tapes once since I bought them anyway :lalala:

haku
17-09-2004, 23:29
he did? what the fcuk are the geeks at imdb complaining about then?
Yeah, look:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/index.html

It's the same actor, you can recognize him despite the make-up. Funny thing that this guy had to play an old Palpatine when he was young, and a younger Palpatine when he was older, LOL. :D

I don't know if we have a Star Wars thread, i'll have to look. :)

teeny
17-09-2004, 23:37
I don't know if we have a Star Wars thread, i'll have to look.Great cos otherwise the only on topic thing about this conversation is that I'm feeling more and more guilty :lalala: And that it's a pleasure at the same time :gigi:
I'm heading for bed though. Sweet dreams and let me know if you locate it :kwink:

ypsidan04
23-09-2004, 03:17
Hmmm. Mixed feelings there. (Slipknot has) nice music. I like the guitars and drums. But that's about where it ends. They don't have good lyrics, and the singer(s) don't sound very good. And who the heck came up with the idea for the masks? It's not funny. It's just ugly and stupid. I don't hate them, but they aren't very good.

I take that back. Slipknot aint bad. ;)