PDA

View Full Version : My First ever movie

coolasfcuk
06-05-2003, 07:12
Well, I dug up this old file again, and decided to share.

So, this is almost 3 years old, and is my first ever attempt at 3d/animating/video editing. It was done for a class in my University and the goal was: to observe/analyze an architectural bulding from a certain period of time and build a 3d model of it, animate it and make a clip about it. (So pretty much the real goal was learning how to use the 3d software and the video editing software) We had about a month and a half to do it- a group project- so my partner was my fellow best friend Italian Chica- Lilly. :D
The clip goes with a little story, just bare with me.... so we spent the whole month and a half figuring out the software and modeling/animating the Laurentian Library, and the whole San Lorenzo (this is in Italy ;) ) Then, the night before the project is due- it was due at 9am- the studio was FULL with people, ha ha, everybody trying to finish. So, we had only one evening+night to put/edit the whole video together (slavic + south european organization ;) )- not too much time let me tell ya. Around 4 am, we decided that something is missing- and my partner Lilly decideded we have to put ourselves in the clip somehow, and since we were really sleep deprived at this point (architecture school will do that to you :gigi: ) we were in a silly mood. So she comes up with the idea to record ourselves saying a bunch of gibberish, and use it as part of the audio. We decide to invite our other really good friend Pavel (from Russia)- another fellow architecture student- spending the night trying to put his clip together. So, we recorded ourselves- saying complete bs- but hey, no one knew what we were saying, ha ha ha. So, during the spontaneous taping we came up with the idea that we should present it like me and my partner were guest at a talk show, hosted by Pavel. :gigi: So, that's what the subtitles are talking about- us analyzing the bulding, but really all of us are saying what an idiot Michelangelo-the architect- was (and some other bs)! Needless to say, our video was the hit of the class(we watched all clips on a big screen), ha ha, but everybody did think we say what we wrote- or at least most of them- and at 9am, at the presentation, there were only 3 people cracking up in the room :gigi:
So kids, school is great time, enjoy it while you can, I had lots of FUN in school.
And please bare in mind it is our first attempt at these things, and it was a while back, dont be too picky about it. You will have to bare through the first 'not so exciting' 2.5 minutes, but the last part is 'fun'.This is not the final version either, has few mistakes in it, but sadlly enough I never kept the final one- oh well, it is somewhere at school, gathering dust on a shelf in a professors office.

Oh, I almost forgot to say- all three of us spoke in their native language- so Bulgarian for me, Russian for Pavel, and Italian for Lilly. Pavel is the guy (if that isnt clear by now), I am the first girl talking, and Lilly of course is the second girl. And Pavel is talking all over the place, he likes to be 'center of attention' ;)

Finally, here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/coolasfcuk/Laurentian_me_Lilly__Pavel_.wmv

sorry for the bad quality, but I had to reduce it a lot, so it will be easier to upload/download.

Myhrr
06-05-2003, 11:42
you don't mind tell us how big it is, right? my downloading speed is laughable

YLuelniaa
06-05-2003, 22:38
WOW, that was very cool....but yest the beginning was mmm yea boring..

How did ya do all of that...considerin you did it at the last moment right?

coolasfcuk
06-05-2003, 23:24
Myhrr, it is about 10MB. :gigi: not bad at all.

YLuelniaa, thanks for the coment. Yeah, I always do everything in the last minute. :eek: Everything was built and animated(that took a while- 3 years ago computers took about 17-20 hours to render 20-30 sec. animation-depending on how complicated the model was, ouch), we just needed to put all the material together for less than 20 hours! :dead: Let's just say I was forced to learn how to use the video editing software (adobe premiere) in a night, and my partned was photoshopping like crazy and in charge of the sound. Team work. ;) plus of course lots of coffee + ciggs

XSpex
13-05-2003, 03:46
I haven't seen this post until today... I have to say it's really funny when all of you are taking different things.... you repeat "Michelangelo" over and over and in the subtitles just appears a few times... so funny... I like the italian part... very good :)