PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence

deathrider
23-04-2003, 19:48
come on guys and girls tell me what u think about the new EVANESCENCE "BRING ME TO LIFE", and her new tape "FALLEN"
(BRING ME TO LIFE is in the soundtrack of "DAREDEVIL";if anyone is wondeinrg)
& by the way i didnt like the movie so much..

im waitin

PERSONNALLY I THNK ITS AWESOME
ITS REALLY GREAT

Charles
23-04-2003, 21:03
Very good album, even if some of the songs are a bit depressing (Hello, Tourniquet, My Last Breath).

Echoed
23-04-2003, 21:06
I enjoy the style of music. The mixture of a soft, clear voice with harder music.

The gentler songs are good too. Like, "Listen to the Rain". Love that song.

~Echo.

karxwp
24-04-2003, 18:06
all sound the same :D, except from the two slow songs they have on the cd (my immortal and hello). I love the lyrics and the music is cool (also Amy Lee is gorgeous ;)).

I liked the movie ^^;

teeny
24-04-2003, 19:18
I liked the movie aswell:)
Anyone know what song was played during the funual scene? It was really good

Uhaku
24-04-2003, 21:23
i love 'my immortal'...good song!

Ann t..A.T.u.
24-04-2003, 22:04
I REALLY LIKE THIS SONG. ITS MY KINDA MUSIC;)

|capricious|
27-04-2003, 09:01
'my immortal' and 'fields of innocence' are great songs. Perfect if you wanna cry. ;)

kataaivan
27-04-2003, 16:11
DareDevil is so so. Evanescence is great. Their songs and lyrics are heart touching. Will they last long? Guess not. =(

E.Storm
30-04-2003, 12:06
My Immortal

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[CHORUS:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating life
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

[Chorus]

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

-miha
30-04-2003, 21:27
I only heard "Bring Me To Life" and I really like it!

|capricious|
01-05-2003, 16:55
I've tried to download their songs from Kazaa,
but there's always some beeps in the song.
Is there anyone who knows where you can download
the songs WITHOUT the beeps?

Charles
02-05-2003, 05:32
With iTunes?

Tranz
02-05-2003, 06:30
and really wasnt to crazy bout it. I only really liked "Bring me to life". After a while of getting used to the music and sound, the cd grew on me. And i really am into it now. "My tourniquet" is a great song, along with "Going Under', "Everybody's Fool", "Whisper, etc. Amy Lee's voice is just phenominal, and their sound great. Wish them the best of luck.

goku
02-05-2003, 06:47
I like them too!

And if you like Evanescence, you should listen to Waste. (my favorite band). :done:

|capricious|
02-05-2003, 07:39
Originally posted by Charles
With iTunes?

What is iTunes? :dknow:

KillaQueen
15-05-2003, 23:08
i got some mp3s off Kazaa and i must say i especially LOVE "My immortal" :yes:

i think i am gonna buy their CD... good to listen when you're "in one of those moods"...

0newinged
15-05-2003, 23:22
Just bought this cd last week and can't stop listening to it! I was all set to listen to it during class then my player died on me :( The music is so emotional and hard at the same time.... very good.

Hey anyone know where to find good tabs?

spyretto
27-05-2003, 14:51
"Bring Me To Life" is fantastic, the album is good but not great.

I think it's refreshing that young music lovers get into that kind of stuff in the US ( and the UK). It makes a difference from the dire chart music we've used too.

Good band, very good singer but they're very much influenced by Lacuna Coil ( if you happen to know them ).

ok, well It seems Evanescence will top the UK charts this week. when was the last time a hard rock band did that? the 70s?? :D

DAZ
08-06-2003, 23:06
Yeah good album.
I think this is what Dido would sound like with Nine Inch Nails as her backing band.

Rob
09-06-2003, 00:45
It's a very good album, even though the songs kinda resemble each other quite strongly, but when you like that kind of music it's worth buying the album.

luxxi
09-06-2003, 08:35
Nice band, great CD. I don't like slow songs too much, but hey, that's my taste. I was hoping Tourniquet will be the next single (I just :heart: that song), but it woun't be. Perhaps 3. single.

tainted_chick
09-06-2003, 10:42
does anyone know where i can get a copy of their debut album called "origin" as i just love Evanescence!!!!

rosh
09-06-2003, 11:46
i think id like this cd more if it wasnt so darned depressing ...

Mossopp
19-06-2003, 23:27
Originally posted by tatu_girl_uk
does anyone know where i can get a copy of their debut album called "origin" as i just love Evanescence!!!!

'Fallen' is their debut album - it's the only one they've recorded as yet.
I love Evanescence as well. My favourite tracks on the album are My Immortal, Tourniquet, Everybody's Fool and Taking Over Me.
And Amy Lee is a total fox!! :done:

Dent
19-06-2003, 23:29
the only music iheard is bring me to life from Daredevil. Itґs my favorite.

Cya

Dent

KULPDOGG
22-06-2003, 18:11
i have their CD...its really good!
the song bring me to life is my favorite!(on the cd)

QueenBee
22-06-2003, 18:21
I've only heard "Taking over me" (or something?) And "Bring me to life" And I gotta say.. the songs sound pretty much the same. I love "Bring me to life", then I heard "Taking over me" and I thought "sounds pretty much the same" so I didn't even listen to "Everybody's fool" 'cause i knew there would be nothing new to hear.. Aaanyways, I love music like that but in the end it's pretty dull to hear the same melodies over and over and over and over and over...

KillaQueen
28-06-2003, 20:37
hehe, just found out recently that their video for "Bring me to life" was shot here in Romania :done:

kishkash
29-06-2003, 03:24
k so i like the song...from the soundtrack...but my friend has the cd and was blasting it in school the other day.

I was on the other side of the homeroom so i was by no means able to listen to the lyrics, but from what i could hear, all the songs sounded the same! No difference in texture between songs. The whole album was one big "bring me back to life".

Actually bored me to the point where i was like STOP PLAYING THE CD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD *does best chris farley immitation here*

ILA-CHAN
01-07-2003, 07:22
Hello!
I think that this song is very cool!
It has an amazing sound! And the voice of the singer is very beutiful!
You know if they will exibite live?
Thanx!
Byeeeeeeee ILA

russkayatatu
06-07-2003, 20:38
Some people have said their song sounds like NND?

I've got to say I don't hear that. Although when I heard the beginning of "Tourniquet" I thought it sounded like something off of the Brat 2 soundtrack (it's a Russian movie with lots of heavy music by Russian bands). So I can see a little how it could sound like tatu.

I like them...yeah, like you've said, the album's OK - I like "Going Under" especially - and "Bring Me Back to Life" is very good :)

tainted_chick
16-07-2003, 20:42
I am sorry Mossopp but i have to disagree with you. Evanescence have an album called "Origin" which was only released in America, as sales were poor. But there are some decent songs on it like "Lies", that rules!!!!

Mossopp
16-07-2003, 20:55
Yes, I must apologise - you are absolutely right. I was reading Metal Hammer last month and they mentioned the 'Origin' album in an article about the band.
Sorry :rose:

tainted_chick
16-07-2003, 21:11
Thats ok Mossopp. thanx for apologising tho. I recommend u download some of those songs as they arent bad. :heh:

ypsidan04
16-07-2003, 22:42
I couldn't care less about that movie

BUT.....

I really like Evanescence. Amy Lee is sort of attractive. I haven't bought the album yet but I will one of these days. (I have an extensive (10-12) list of CDs I want to get, and that's not at the top of the list.)

Veritas
17-07-2003, 10:47
And the music video is breathtaking - makes me get goosies everytime I see it!

ypsidan04
17-07-2003, 15:14
(for high-speed connections)

Bring Me To Life
http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/player/default.asp?videoID=1088700

Going Under
http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/player/default.asp?videoID=1090529

Veritas
17-07-2003, 15:40
Thank you so much! When the movie Daredevil first showed I actually stayed till the prelude came up just so I could see who sang that song (the movie wasn't too great tho) and I didn't know how to pronounce the name and so never really found out who sang it. Then with DJ's babbling on so fast or forget to mention song names it was kinda hard to find out. But alas, the internet showed me the light.

luxxi
17-07-2003, 18:13
Originally posted by Veritas
Thank you so much! When the movie Daredevil first showed I actually stayed till the prelude came up just so I could see who sang that song (the movie wasn't too great tho) and I didn't know how to pronounce the name and so never really found out who sang it. Then with DJ's babbling on so fast or forget to mention song names it was kinda hard to find out. But alas, the internet showed me the light.

When you don't know something about movie (who that actor is, where did that actor also have a role, soundtrack listing) etc. try www.imdb.com.

YLuelniaa
18-07-2003, 20:51
i like going under...i can't stand Bring me to life cause its always on the freakin radio...ugh

karxwp
19-07-2003, 05:16
mmm talking about evanescence I've known this group since...mmmm I think January/ February don't remember really....wow long time ago :D and I was able to get all their songs before the album was released here in Mexico....

I like their fallen album, their best songs for me are:

Bring me to life
everybody's fool
tourniquet
whisper

and from the demos, and other songs:
missing
understanding (wash it all away)
exodus
farther away
away from me

:) check those songs people, are quite good :D

luxxi
20-07-2003, 19:42
Anybody seen their new video? Pretty good IMO.

Mossopp
16-09-2003, 22:30
Sorry to bump this thread up again.
While I was searching for pics of the yummy-licious Amy Lee I found this:

What Evanescence Song Are You? (http://quizilla.com/users/DontMakeMeAngry/quizzes/*What%20Song%20by%20Evanescence%20are%20You%3F*/)

I'm 'My Immortal' apparently.

luxxi
16-09-2003, 23:10
Ditto. And I don't even like that song.

taty994945
17-09-2003, 05:45
luxxi, i saw the new video...ur talking about going under right?

luxxi
17-09-2003, 09:18
Originally posted by taty994945
luxxi, i saw the new video...ur talking about going under right?

Yes. I :heart: it.

cirrus
17-09-2003, 23:28
I really like Going Under too, but God I'm so tired of Evanescence. That BMTL song was on every day!

I also saw them 'live' on TV and they didn't sound so great...

ypsidan04
19-09-2003, 01:38
Originally posted by luxxi
Yes. I :heart: it.

I like it too. Btw, Fallen is currently the number 4 best selling album in the US. :)

crni
24-09-2003, 21:32
i just bought the album today and i've been listening to it the whole damn day! :D
and all the songs are really great...everyone of them in it's own special way...a really good album :done: