PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Bands

Silva
25-12-2002, 21:39
I've noticed that almost everybody on the English forum is from a country outside of Russia, and I was wondering what other Russian or foreign bands you guys like other than Tatu.
I personally like Ruki Vverh, Virus, and some Maksi M, Nichya, Propaganda and Russkii Razmer songs. I also like some of the bands in France such as Alizee and Superbus.

I know there are tons of great bands out their that we don't know about, and i'm sure you guys could name a few.

Kate
25-12-2002, 21:46
I personally like calm songs from Diana Gurckaya. She is a blind girl, and has a really beautiful voice, I love her songs.

Jan
25-12-2002, 22:08
Aukcion (Аукцыон) , Nautilus Pompilius, Kino, Aquarium (mainly old stuff)

Synthetic
25-12-2002, 23:29
Silva, I like mostly the Russian stuff you mentioned, and I like akula too...but SUPERBUS! Man, I love them! :D Did you hear of them from me a really long time ago?? :D They're great! I like Jalane too, she's French...

thegurgi
27-12-2002, 02:28
I love Sigur Ros from Iceland, and Hoover Phonics from Belgium.

Silva
27-12-2002, 07:23
Lol, yea, it was from you Synthetic :)
Hmm, I don't think I've heard of any of the bands you guys mentioned. I'm definetly going to check them out though.

IamaTa2fan
28-12-2002, 15:50
Does Nichya count? :confused:

Synista
30-12-2002, 05:58
Bijelo Dugme

goku
01-01-2003, 18:20
I like Propoganda and Rammestein...

Silenced Sonix
01-01-2003, 23:08
Tweak - for all the punkheads out there! They're local (that means South African) and they're quite good.

namphuong
21-01-2003, 23:19
hmmz, t.a.t.u. is actually the first russian band i listen to :) i listen mostly to nu metal bands from USA like Linkin Park, Papa roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Cold play (UK), Avril Lavigne (canada)

moskva19
26-01-2003, 08:12
hmm....i listen to many various artists....i will list just some.

russian:
tatu, demo, diskoteka avariya, ruki vverh, akula, detsl, ddt and lyube (only a few songs by them), virus and russkiy razmer.....etc...

english:
korn, garbage, avril lavigne, good charlotte, bob dylan, thursday, jimmy eat world, eminem (of course)....and so many more!!

paris.in.flames
26-01-2003, 21:45
i listen to mucc who is jrock from japan and two mix who is jpop from japan

licenSEXforxLUV
23-02-2003, 07:37
Originally posted by thegurgi

sigur ros is awsome, i was gunna mention them!
their newest album is simply amazing.

Veritas
27-02-2003, 10:20
On the world music awards there was a French girl who sang on stage. She was the top singer of the year in France, her name starts with an "A" (not much help I know - just work with me please lol) - she had short brown hair (bob style) and she had a skirt on. If anyone knows whom I'm talking about please let me know I would really appreciate the help.

Because even though I don't know what she was singing about.....I definitely think that the song she sang was beautiful!

Silva
02-03-2003, 20:32
Veritas, that's Alizee and I'm pretty sure the song was "Moi... Lolita" cuz I also saw her on the world music awards. I really like her songs, you should check some of them out.

Echoed
02-03-2003, 20:40
Mm-hmm. That would be Alizйe. ^_^

~Echo.

RG7192
04-03-2003, 01:31
Can anyone tell me about some good foreign heavy metal bands to check out? im in usa bands like ozzy,metallica ext

Disengage
21-03-2003, 01:55
Norway's finest!

Charles
21-03-2003, 19:56
Tonight, CMT (Country Music Television) will have a show about Bering Straight, a county/bluegrass group made up of Russian teenagers. I'm not all that impressed with thier music so far (good technical skills, but unimpressive compositions). I'll watch it more for Russia connection, and thier experience trying to break into the music business.

It is pretty funny to me to hear a souther drawl with a Russian accent. Even better was someone talking US urban hip-hop vocabulary (props out t' ma hommies dog, etc.) with heavy Dutch accent.

YLuelniaa
25-03-2003, 03:25
HAHA i know what your talkin about Charles, they also had a piece on them a while back..on mm I believe Dateline or something

Eku1
27-03-2003, 16:41
so, I guess, it's my first time to post not on a t.A.T.u. forum on this site ;)

I listen sometimes also such Russian groups like Virus, Ruki Vverh..., but according to many Russians their music is trash. Basically silly songs, which listen foreigeners and who can't understand the lyrics (like me lol) but we cannot argue about music taste, can we?

Other groups I like:
Schiller (Germany - my second favourite after t.A.T.u.)
ATB
Kai Tracid
Moby
Enya
Enigma
Mike Oldfield
etc.etc.

invisible
31-03-2003, 11:42
anyone knows the swedish band kent? they are brilliant and cool.

although i don't understand swedish at all, i prefer swedish version to english one.

idioteque
01-04-2003, 03:09
Originally posted by thegurgi

mmmm ..... sigur ros .... ahh ..... ;)

i love opeth, a swedish progressive/black metal band. also for you electronica lovers, Royksopp (theyre norwegian).

idioteque
01-04-2003, 03:11
Originally posted by RG7192
Can anyone tell me about some good foreign heavy metal bands to check out? im in usa bands like ozzy,metallica ext

Hey dude,

try "Opeth" - i recommend "Morningrise" and "Blackwater Park" ... Swedish prog / black metal at its best!!!

also, from sweden, "Meshuggah" .... it will make your ears bleed!!! AAARRGGG! :bebebe:

Ralf
01-04-2003, 03:16
I predominantly listen to rock music... Beatles, Genesis, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, ELO, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Dire Straits, Beach Boys, Free, Bad Company, Mike Oldfield, Focus, Yes, King Crimson, Kraftwerk, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Elton John, Peter Gabriel, Queen, Radiohead, Coldplay, Megadeth, Syd Barrett, The Byrds, The Kinks, The Eagles, Solution, Marvin Gaye, Oasis, Rage Against The Machine, Enya, The Stone Roses, Squeeze, The Smiths, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Roxy Music...

Probably a few others... <Hides in shame>

Actually, hardly any of them are foreign, but there you go...

idioteque
01-04-2003, 03:18
yea ralf you mentioned some of my faves ... the eagles R O C K. my fave album ... "one of these nights" ... sublime and smooth. :done:

goku
01-04-2003, 03:19
That's cool Ralf..

I mainly listen to local stuff, seeing as how I get to play with most of them.. Check out Opiate for the Masses, Blessed Be Thy Name, Gift.. too many to tell.. :D

coolasfcuk
01-04-2003, 05:33
Yeah, lets get back to the topic here. I am not huge fan of the group I am about to link yout to, but they are from my country Bulgaria, and I like them. They were pretty big last year, I think they still are. Everybody here in the states thinks I am Russian when I speak bulgarian, ha ha, so maybe all you people that don't know russian might think it sounds like russian, but it is actually Bulgarian, which to me is really close to Russian (same alphabet, slavic language, yada yada... in fact, did you know that the cyrilic alphabet and russian for that matter, originated in bulgarian theritories, and the cyrilic alphabet was made by two brothers who were half greek half bulgarian, and then it traveled north and east and made it to Russia?- but that's off the topic) Anyways, here are couple links to mp3s of Karizma, that's the name of the group. And one link with their single cover. First song is called 'Kolko mi Lipsvash' translated to - 'How much I miss you' and the second one is called "Riskuvam da te Imam", translated to "I risk to have you", lol both sound bad in english but it bulgarian they are OK. Enjoy, let me know what you think.

Kolko mi Lipsvash- http://www.angelfire.com/ex/coolasfcuk6/Karizma_-_Kolko_mi_lipsvash.mp3

Riskuvam da te Imam- http://www.angelfire.com/ex/coolasfcuk6/Karizma_-_Riskuvam_Da_Te_Imam.mp3

Karizma Single Cover - http://www.angelfire.com/ex/coolasfcuk6/karizma.jpg

deathrider
01-04-2003, 11:48
i listen to all metal bands
sentenced from finland
iced earth from usa
anathema from uk
mental home from russia
hypocrisy from sweden
after forever from holand
rammstein from germany
and many many bands from the whole world

DAZ
05-04-2003, 11:13
Originally posted by RG7192
Have you heard The Donnas-classic girl rock in the vein of AC/DC and The Ramones.
Also some good British bands like The Wildhearts and 3 Colours Red:done:

bgirlnikki
08-04-2003, 18:02
I like the group DZ! Anyone heard?

spyretto
11-11-2006, 07:17
Japanese goth band Malice Mizer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWDu7Q21FE) ( they're defunct now, since 2001 )