PDA

View Full Version : WOw...is it just me...

i LUV LeNa!
04-04-2003, 22:42
OR is anyone getting really confused by all the fan fics? That is you are getting everyones stories mixed up? LOL I am they are all reALLy good but I forget what previous chapters went with what stories.... lol :p

Ripptyd
04-04-2003, 23:23
LOL. I'm used to reading fanfic...You learn to get the hang of sorting storylines in your head. ;)

goku
04-04-2003, 23:34
Haha it is a lot..
But I think I'm starting to get on top of it.. :)

Tranz
05-04-2003, 01:10
Originally posted by i LUV LeNa!
OR is anyone getting really confused by all the fan fics? That is you are getting everyones stories mixed up? LOL I am they are all reALLy good but I forget what previous chapters went with what stories.... lol :p

LOL, i know exactly what you mean. I've been really interested in three stories posted on the forum, and trying to keep up with them. However i sometimes have to reread a few chapters to remember what story is which lol.

knz2
05-04-2003, 03:17
Same here. Maybe because most people think it happened like that so all the stories have the same overall plot.

YLuelniaa
05-04-2003, 04:04
same here....go back to the last chapt...to refresh my memory...

Malako_zloye
05-04-2003, 04:39
I am really sorry...I know what you mean. I debated this for a long time with people. I have written a lot more of my story than posted. This is not to torture anyone. They haven't been edited. BUT, had I wanted to, I could have posted everything I had. I struggled between wanting to make sure it flowed nicely. I didn't read Ripptyd's story for a long time after she posted it. I never opened the thread and didn't know about it. So the majority of the story was already up. I liked the flow of it much better all together, you know? And I could keep up. Yet when asked, EVERYONE said they preferred getting the Fanfic in segments, it gave them something to look forward to. And it gives the author a break and goals, lol.

So there are pros and cons to both... And yes I believe we all were inspired by the same song, idea, etc. I am very sorry if mine is repetative. I swear it was not intended. I have had most of it written, or plotted out since before reading ripptyd's, lol. But Ripp's the bestest, I can't compete, hehe. But, she told me to step out there...

Ripptyd
05-04-2003, 04:59
Malako_zloye, shush! No one was accusing anyone of being repetitive. :P Plus, you know your story rocks. Just keep pumping it out like I told ya. ;)

It comes with the fanfic territory that characters are given stereotypes/cliches of behaving. It's just a matter of working it well enough that it SEEMS original. I'm just glad we're at the start of it along with the others so that we don't have to follow it. LOL.

i LUV LeNa!
05-04-2003, 05:01
Sorry I do not mean to discourage anyone that writes fan fics, it is just my problem my brain is a little slow...:p

knz2
05-04-2003, 23:05
Yeah, I don't mean repetitive, just simliar in plot. Different writing styles too so that's cool.

Editor
05-04-2003, 23:13
I agree with knz2, different writing styles makes a world of a difference. One story can be written five hundred different ways. :)

Malako, sorry for the delay in editing. I've just gone through Chapters 1 and 2. I'll try to get it all done in a few hours. :done: (You can bash my editing "skills" then. :p )