PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Rock

Ralf
01-04-2003, 02:51
Hi, my name's Ralf, I'm from the UK and I'm new here. I've just joined with a fellow music fan from the US called idioteque. We'd like to know if any of you have heard of these bands: Pink Floyd, Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, ELP, or anyone else that fits into the 'progressive' niche, and whether or not you have anything to say about them.

Peace, Ralf.

goku
01-04-2003, 02:53
Hey Ralf welcome! :D

I have heard of all of those except ELP, are they any good? The rest I like ok..

idioteque
01-04-2003, 02:53
hehe yoooooo ralf .... we are refugees from some other forum, and decided to join this little soiree ..

so yes we are both huge music fans, and we happen to have a joint love for progressive music.

i love yes, genesis, king crimson as well, but also .... progressive metal and black metal such as the band "Opeth" ...

what about you people?

idioteque
01-04-2003, 02:55
hey goku , glad to see theres someone else from the us on these boards ... my other board had all these wonderful people from europe and the netherlands ... not that i minded, more foreign pics of tatu that i would normally never get to see! lol ....

deathrider
01-04-2003, 09:59
i like all rock and metal music , i'm a tatu metallic fan if u rem me

Charles
01-04-2003, 19:02
I like all those groups, particularly ELP, and King Crimson. I assume you're refering to early Genesis when Peter Gabriel was still with them, not the 80's and later albums.

Ralf
01-04-2003, 20:38
Good to see tatu/metallic fan again. Master Of Puppets is a masterpiece...

I was referring to pretty much all Genesis eras, actually. I like both the Gabriel and Collins periods equally. My favourite albums are Duke, A Trick Of The Tail and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, but I love all the other ones as well.

Yeah, King Crimson rule. My favourite albums are Red, In The Court Of The Crimson King, Discipline, Starless And Bible Black and Larks' Tongues In Aspic.

Classic.

PowerPuff Grrl
02-04-2003, 03:52
I have only heard of Pink Floyd, Genesis, and Yes. The others, not so much.

Though I do like a few songs from Pink Floyd I find them rather pretentious and that has turned me off from their music. The same thing goes for Radiohead.

goku
02-04-2003, 06:02
I don't really like older bands..

I respect what they did and how they revolutionized modern music, but I think most of them are pretty bad.

But don't get mad at me if you like them.. who cares what I think?

deathrider
02-04-2003, 10:26
Originally posted by Ralf
Good to see tatu/metallic fan again. Master Of Puppets is a masterpiece...

i agree with u ,metallica is a very good band(master of puppets ,kill'em all ) and i like the old metal school (black sabbath,manowar,Dio,ozzy ozb) and rockbands like( pink floyd ,aerosmith,blackmore's bands)i'm also like the new metal
styles ( i have a band in my country played death metal songs)