PDA

View Full Version : Lena Katina Solo Project - part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

podnebesnya
04-08-2010, 01:13
...So.... I read Lena is shooting a video?

Argos
04-08-2010, 09:38
...So.... I read Lena is shooting a video?
Inofficial sources tell that it happened the first two or three days of August.

little_polar_bear
05-08-2010, 19:26
crazy malchik, you are very right in my opinion. I hope for both girls that they somehow can launch their being-exotic in the Western world if that's their target audience (also). As t.A.T.u. they did. Hope they can establish something... but again, it's a question of the image... and we haven't seen any from both yet...

Argos
05-08-2010, 19:56
YOU'RE RUSSIAN - USE IT IN SOME WAY.
Something with a bottle of Vodka? :laugh:
...being-exotic in the Western world...
Right. It makes no sense singing western music with western sound and behaving low-key. Her trademark is a) infamous ex-tatu girl , b) she is from the other side of the world. Or is she begging for the green card? :spy: What a nice American I am...

Ok. nothing lost till now, but there should be more than blue gloves, actually something completely different, and exciting.

MalchikGeiBrand
06-08-2010, 02:55
I quite love Emilie Autumn. She was my avatar 2 years ago. :p
I find it funny I see you post that right after I just leave the official Emilie forum....

Emilie is very interesting but her and Lena almost couldn't be more different. Emilie has entire background stories as to why she is the way she is, what she wears and what her sets are. Emilie's whole life is practically in her albums.
Lena just has... Rensky and the band. :gigi: Lena has to find something within her that makes her interesting and sets her apart from other people. I don't want her to put on a fake image that she can't even relate with herself.

Argos
06-08-2010, 10:44
Lena just has... Rensky and the band. :gigi:
Don't forget mom and the dog! :D
Lena has to find something within her that makes her interesting and sets her apart from other people. I don't want her to put on a fake image that she can't even relate with herself.
We haven't got anything personal from her since she is grown up, except the existence of boyfriends with the name A... Probably she feels too worried about what other people would think of her, if they knew a little bit of the true Lena (Still waters run deep...). While typical artists are eager to express themselves in their work, so people get the chance to understand them, she does pretty much the contrary, keeping everything to herself. In that sense she is quite an anti-artist. Definitely this doesn't help her in the showbiz.

AshMcAuliffe
06-08-2010, 13:01
she does pretty much the contrary, keeping everything to herself. In that sense she is quite an anti-artist.

This works for artists such as PJ Harvey, though. She's hardly a multi-million selling artist but she's still really successful. She's incredibly secretive and despises people knowing anything about her personal life. I, personally, think Lena is right being similar in attitude. I guess in the pop arena it's different seeing how image, juicy scandal, non-stop media coverage and sales are deemed more important than anything else.

Argos
06-08-2010, 13:30
This works for artists such as PJ Harvey, though. She's hardly a multi-million selling artist but she's still really successful. She's incredibly secretive and despises people knowing anything about her personal life. I, personally, think Lena is right being similar in attitude. I guess in the pop arena it's different seeing how image, juicy scandal, non-stop media coverage and sales are deemed more important than anything else.
Well, it's not so much about scandals and media, it's more about communication through your artistic work, which is necessary. There are many artists who 'hide' themselves, but are very much acknowledged by their work, because it tells people about the inner self of them. In pop (and pop-rock mostly the same), there is of course more this outward appearance, which counts.

Regarding Lena we see hardly the 'public' nor the 'private' Lena. This 'express yourself' is pretty much absent until now, and I believe that she will have to give something from herself, if she wants to continue her solo career. It all looks so meaningless and random. I don't think this can go well.

AshMcAuliffe
06-08-2010, 13:54
Well, it's not so much about scandals and media, it's more about communication through your artistic work, which is necessary. There are many artists who 'hide' themselves, but are very much acknowledged by their work, because it tells people about the inner self of them. In pop (and pop-rock mostly the same), there is of course more this outward appearance, which counts.

Regarding Lena we see hardly the 'public' nor the 'private' Lena. This 'express yourself' is pretty much absent until now, and I believe that she will have to give something from herself, if she wants to continue her solo career. It all looks so meaningless and random. I don't think this can go well.

I do agree, Argos. :)

I myself am not fussed by anything other than the music and so long as the music is personally enjoyable i will be a fan and will purchase the music.

taturocks8
08-08-2010, 06:41
I'm looking forward to lena's new album :D

manatsu103
11-08-2010, 18:56
A New V Blog has emerged.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2AtSpxqQYc&playnext=1&videos=Rlv8cEFBtQc&feature=sub

Starrgurl
12-08-2010, 00:01
Well, she didn't mention anything about a video shoot.

Argos
12-08-2010, 13:34
Definitely she has more fun than in the last few years of tatu. Ehm-hm, charging the notebook batteries before the recording of the vlog could be a way not to get out of concept, hehe! And...did she lose some weight?

regigigas1505
12-08-2010, 19:56
Good to know the show's kinda confirmed. Can't wait!

QueenBee
12-08-2010, 20:16
"Yeah, and, uh... What else? Oh! Th- Whoa.. Running.. out of... whAA?"

Looooool. :D

AshMcAuliffe
12-08-2010, 20:17
Happy smiles from me.

regigigas1505
13-08-2010, 14:00
http://lena-katina.com/index.php/en/whatsgoingon/125-17-1015-folsom-.html

:)

Endri
19-08-2010, 09:25
She's been working for more than 1 year and I believe things are already more or less done, the songs are finished, i don't get why she's not releasing her 1st single. Maybe we'll get something in the days before the San-Francisco concert. :crossed:

Endri
19-08-2010, 12:39
They can both stop with their shitty stuff and be the coolest Tatushki again.You wish for that. :(

Starrgurl
20-08-2010, 03:11
She has 6 songs so far, I imagine that's what threy'll put on the EP.

Endri
21-08-2010, 20:01
What happened to Lena's site? :bum: Did she forget to pay the bill? :gigi:

Argos
21-08-2010, 20:26
What happened to Lena's site? :bum: Did she forget to pay the bill? :gigi:
Renskij forgot that he registered the domain name just for one year. It's expired. You can reach the site only by it's IP address (88.210.62.166)
http://88.210.62.166/index.php/en/index.html
http://88.210.62.166/forum/

thelastblossom
21-08-2010, 21:00
lol! thats funny

Endri
21-08-2010, 21:29
thats funnythat's unprofessional and it's a bad sign for the whole project.

thelastblossom
22-08-2010, 01:39
thats why its funny. she really has sunken in a deep hole

Starrgurl
22-08-2010, 02:12
That's not funny, that's just sad.

regigigas1505
22-08-2010, 02:51
I feel bad for her! Hope they work it out ASAP. I mean, like, ouch!

Argos
22-08-2010, 08:17
Hey, it's just a mistake, an embarrassing one, but still just a little mistake.

MalchikGeiBrand
22-08-2010, 16:27
Well, it's not like she has an entire traffic of random people wanting to know who she is yet.... :gigi: So I think it's only Lena's fans that are worried about the website, and they can just get their news elsewhere anyway...

manatsu103
22-08-2010, 17:47
Lets just hope there will be something new when the websites back up.... but i highly doubt it....

Endri
23-08-2010, 11:09
They already got the domain back. :)

regigigas1505
23-08-2010, 11:28
Lets just hope there will be something new when the websites back up.... but i highly doubt it....

Would be really cool, indeed. But, yeah, it's back AND it's still the same! :p

Argos
23-08-2010, 16:51
...AND it's still the same! :p
Surprise - surprise!

coolasfcuk
28-08-2010, 19:33
obv i havent read anything here, but i met lena's new drummer last weekend..... some danish guy. and lemme tell you i was not impressed ;)

that's all

sakuya
29-08-2010, 07:00
obv i havent read anything here, but i met lena's new drummer last weekend..... some danish guy. and lemme tell you i was not impressed ;)

that's all

his playing or himself?

Endri
29-08-2010, 19:44
lemme tell you i was not impressed what were you expecting?

coolasfcuk
29-08-2010, 19:50
himself, i have not heard the guy play....

regigigas1505
29-08-2010, 20:25
coolasfcuk, what? >D
Steve's still her drummer. Why "new" drummer, then?

Anyway, here's some press about Lena's SF upcoming performance.

1. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/08/prweb4430124.htm

2. http://www.melodika.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59292&Itemid=50

coolasfcuk
29-08-2010, 23:10
coolasfcuk, what? >D

why dont ya wait till that SF show and you will see who the drummer is :heh:

Khartoun2004
30-08-2010, 00:32
coolasfcuk, what? >D

Coolasfcuk always has the insider info... :coctail:

regigigas1505
30-08-2010, 03:37
Gosh, so he was replaced? Bad news, I guess. I mean, he had a singing part in one of the songs!

spyretto
31-08-2010, 09:08
What style of music is she launching her solo career on? I haven't checked anything yet...Hmmm, I always thought that Yulia had the more natural voice that made the difference in Tatu, Lena's voice seems more trained but more predictable also...still I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Their last album had virtually no exposure in spite of being much better than their second effort, so I don't know , I'm not holding my breath about her international career, unless she presents something dramatically different.

thelastblossom
31-08-2010, 12:49
this was unexpecting! anette is the much better singer but I believe Lena did good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4JPjoifZfs

spyretto
31-08-2010, 15:34
Wasn't impressed from what I've heard on youtube, Lena has a beautiful voice but these are not the songs to complliment her and they're not to my personal taste. Volkova was a little crude but fair ;)
I'll be waiting to her work with more anticipation, I think Volkova's work will be more Russian and energetic cause Lena's becoming too Americanised, like the Sven Martin personal project or something.
But lets wait and hear the final project when it comes out...

convol
31-08-2010, 17:38
Was a long time ago I wrote something on this board and had an interest in Tatu. Can't say I'm too impressed either with Katina's new songs. Will keep an eye in case either Katina och Volkova comes up with something.

Argos
31-08-2010, 22:13
...these are not the songs to complliment her and they're not to my personal taste.
First part: exactly! Second part: well, you have to be a very devoted fan to twist the new material to your taste. :D Quite dispensable the whole thing so far.
I think Volkova's work will be more Russian and energetic cause Lena's becoming too Americanised, like the Sven Martin personal project or something.
Energetic - yes; less Americanized? I fear she'll be even more than Lena. At least she has amused us with her bad taste in many things lately, so I guess we'll have a lot of fun!

Talyubittu
01-09-2010, 06:03
What in the fuck is this project doing besides being pointless?

RowerB
01-09-2010, 07:31
What in the fuck is this project doing besides being pointless?
It must be doing something right if we’ve got spyretto and convol posting here.

spyretto
01-09-2010, 14:32

:coctail:

Oh well, I always check the forum every now and then to look if it's still alive ;)

I was shocked at that botched Yulia Volkova lip job though, what the hell was she thinking? She looked perfectly fine before. :bebebe:
Probably didn't know what to do with her money.

Lena is a lovely person, has matured out as a fine lady but solo career...nyet
They should get back together and work with Igor and Sergio again, what solo careers and nonsense :D

And now they're bitching about each other, how can this be possible...overall slightly disappointed
That's when the showbiz ends and real life begins I guess...we all get bored and want to push the envelop by being horrible to each other...sad.

Talyubittu
01-09-2010, 18:40

Haha. I don't know what success, pride or accomplishment have to do with either of these people (no disrespect meant) - but the fact that they're commenting could honestly do less than give me a stiffy personally. The project is still dead.

sakuya
01-09-2010, 19:20

Tim is posting here too :p

thelastblossom
01-09-2010, 19:37
Tim is posting here too :p

that correlates with success, pride and accomplishment! wow lena must be doing great

Talyubittu
01-09-2010, 22:03
With a loyal fanbase of 20 people, she certainly must be. :o

fanoff
02-09-2010, 01:03
I guess we'll have a lot of fun!

much more than this!

Starrgurl
02-09-2010, 02:18
this was unexpecting! anette is the much better singer but I believe Lena did good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4JPjoifZfs

She sounds beautiful! But who the hell is Annette?

regigigas1505
02-09-2010, 04:24
^ The person who sings the final version. Look for it @ youtube, I'm too lazy right now. :p

Anyway, I also agree it's more like a fan thing... Maybe I only like (some) of Lena's songs because they're hers. Just keep'em coming. :gigi:
But couldn't agree more about the things spyretto last said.

OOOOOOOH, and RowerB standing up for Lena! That's a new! Or was it just arguing with Tim? :coctail:

RowerB
02-09-2010, 10:21
OOOOOOOH, and RowerB standing up for Lena! That's a new! Or was it just arguing with Tim? :coctail:
I know nostalgia isn’t what it used to be, but I get a warm feeling seeing them post in the same thread again, so I thank Lena’s project for that.

Talyubittu
02-09-2010, 10:36
I know nostalgia isn’t what it used to be, but I get a warm feeling seeing them post in the same thread again, so I thank Lena’s project for that.

I'd like to thank coincidence. It's not as if her magical music brought troughs of old fans back to rejoice and sing in downtown Whoville.

spyretto
03-09-2010, 14:55
Haha. I don't know what success, pride or accomplishment have to do with either of these people (no disrespect meant) - but the fact that they're commenting could honestly do less than give me a stiffy personally. The project is still dead.

As far as I'm concerned none whatsoever, apart from being someone who was posting a lot on the forum I had no other status here; and I wasn't commenting on Lena Katina's project in particular but the whole situation in general. I'm surprised there are still some people who haven't moved on from Tatu.
The project is normal and it will have a portion of older Tatu fans interested, at least she's doing something positive rather than disappearing from the scene altogether.
It depends what people's expectations are, if people were expecting the next Lady Gege or Gaga or whatever, well it's not going to happen.

coolasfcuk
09-09-2010, 06:53
the new drummer's name is Jesper btw.... expect his first appearance in san francisco :heh:

spyretto
09-09-2010, 08:20
interesting, so anybody going to the gig ;)

regigigas1505
09-09-2010, 15:39
But what happened to Steve? That was his name, I guess. :p

Argos
09-09-2010, 18:10
But what happened to Steve?
Someone has taste in music (just a guess!)! :D

little_polar_bear
09-09-2010, 21:51
Apparently, Steve's band Against All Will are pretty successful for their music genre. Anyways, they are touring the US, so he had to decide what team to play for and I am happy he chose the thing that looks more like it. He's a good boy, so happy for him here.

The new guy as coolasfcuk mentioned Jesper Kristensen is a long term friend of Sven and the guys, not surprisingly. One of the better photos: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v377/231/113/553992754/n553992754_1640952_2159.jpg

Glad I am not into that project at all.

fanoff
10-09-2010, 12:10
There is no chance for her with those songs. She is forever going to be called as Lena Katina of tatu- just like the concert promo.

EsseAmaAquele
10-09-2010, 16:08
hahaha i have to agree! Poor fans...

regigigas1505
11-09-2010, 01:34
I'm OK with your opinions, guys... Really.

But I think that a more positive attitude towards the whole thing, like spyretto does have, would be nice when I think of Lena. I mean, you guys do like her, don't you? Even if you think she's doing something not that great, she's still doing something. Would you rather prefer she was doing nothing?

Starrgurl
16-09-2010, 18:56
And I actually love her songs and think they could be popular in the indie rock genre.

Argos
16-09-2010, 19:23
I'm OK with your opinions, guys... Really.

But I think that a more positive attitude towards the whole thing, like spyretto does have, would be nice when I think of Lena. I mean, you guys do like her, don't you?
I like her but I don't like her music at all. The same, I love Lazarev, but I hate his music he nowadays makes. I won't twist my tongue to make something good, if I'm sure it's completely wrong. I'm no politician, and this place is not known for being a "Be Nice Forum". Good acts improve with bad critics, bad ones are simply offended. Their choice!

AshMcAuliffe
17-09-2010, 12:47
http://www.novoeradio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=888920

Love it. :)

sakuya
17-09-2010, 14:40
That was nice interview :)

http://www.summerclimax.com/

Argos
17-09-2010, 15:50
She's somehow different now...

sakuya
17-09-2010, 17:16
She's somehow different now...

She speaks more confident somehow

regigigas1505
17-09-2010, 17:28
"Have you ever kissed a girl aside from Yulia?"

"I DID... But I was so drunk..."

LOL :lol:

Love the interview! Really nice and honest.

little_polar_bear
17-09-2010, 21:37
Oh, by the way, Jesper is the boyfriend of one of the backing singers: Nadia Christine Duggi. So, it seems they didn't had to look very long to replace Steve. A-ha.

thelastblossom
18-09-2010, 00:49
she is very mature. thats great. but the artists she looks up to: beyonce and lady gaga. lol my toes crunged hearing her say that

parasun
18-09-2010, 05:15
She is so amazing <3

fanoff
18-09-2010, 11:00
She looks so different in this interview. and she speaks more confident. And from the mimics we can say that Lena doesn't like to talk about Yulia. She's really offended by her words.

Argos
18-09-2010, 12:59
Oh, by the way, Jesper is the boyfriend of one of the backing singers: Nadia Christine Duggi. So, it seems they didn't had to look very long to replace Steve. A-ha.
Maybe it's the other way around. Jesper works together with Troy's "Alloy Tracks", and when they needed a backsinger they had not to look far away. It seems that the connection of Jesper to Sven and Troy is much closer than Steve's, who could be more interested in other projects.

Argos
18-09-2010, 13:21
Did the show happen, how it went?
It happened, but not much information right now. We have two pics from Kouketsuno Rei ( 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/kouketsuno_rei/Lena%20Katina%20-%20San%20Francisco%20gig/100_0042.jpg) 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/kouketsuno_rei/Lena%20Katina%20-%20San%20Francisco%20gig/100_0085.jpg) ). Seems that the show was quite late and the people who visited drove home afterwards and fell dead into bed. Let them sleep for some hours, and the reports and videos will come.

AshMcAuliffe
18-09-2010, 13:44
I like the look. :love: A fashionably vintage and almost noir style.

little_polar_bear
18-09-2010, 15:23
It seems that the connection of Jesper to Sven and Troy is much closer than Steve's, who could be more interested in other projects.

Oh, definitely. That's also possible. True that they - Sven, Domen and Troy - have been friends with Jesper for much longer and Steve was always a bit away from them, doing his own thing because they actually did a casting at the beginning of 2006 and might have not known Steve before.

MalchikGeiBrand
18-09-2010, 16:28
Lena looks adorabllle. Even though I'm sure that's the style we all always imagined her having. It really suits her. :p

regigigas1505
18-09-2010, 18:42
I agree, MalchikGeiBrand! It really does fit her... I like it a lot! :D
Can't wait for videos!!!

Argos
19-09-2010, 15:29
The first reports:
Finally the day of the concert came. In case you didn’t know yet, Odette and I are on holiday in the US. We were in LA and decided to fly over to San Francisco for the day of the concert. We got up early to make our way to the airport. It took us three metro rides and a shuttle bus to get there. We were supposed to fly out around 12, but the airplane ended up being delayed for 2 hours due to weather conditions. Boy were we getting nervous they’d keep delaying the plane and we’d be too late for the show. But once in the air all went fine. We took the train downtown San Francisco and easily found the venue. Weird building by the way, nothing shows that it’s a club. There was only the house number. Oh and a sticker of the event on a pole. We called Heather and she came to the venue with her brother. It was great meeting them! Heather made two new amazing dolls for the background singers. Impressive! It was around 5 PM then. We decided to wait at the venue as we thought we might get in for the sound check or see Lena and the band arrive. As time passed by Odette and I got really hungry so we went to get a sandwich. When we came back there was still no sign of Lena. The band was already at the venue though. First Troy and later Sven came to say hello. They told us that Steve wasn’t playing tonight. He is now touring with his own band. Jesper (I think he was a friend of one of the background singers) will probably replace him until December. After that they see with Steve if he’ll come back. It’s a pity Steve wasn’t there, he’s a great guy. I must say though that Jesper did a great job at the show. Definitely a good drummer! It was around 8 o’clock when I went to throw something in the bin and saw some people getting out of a car. And there was Lena Wide smile She waved to Odette and came over. And still after all those times I’ve met her, I was nervous haha. She asked how we were doing. Odette asked if she was ready for the show and she answered smiling that she is never ready hehe. She was dressed casually. I was curious about what outfit the stylist would have chosen for her. They all went inside and we continued waiting. I think it was around 9PM when the guy from merchandise invited us in. We happily followed him. Our feet were already hurting from all the waiting and it was cold outside.

When we walked in the club was still empty. Troy was on stage playing his guitar and everyone was still preparing for the show. We helped grouping the postcards at the merchandise boot in pairs of 10. After that we sat down in a back corner of the club. The whole band now started the sound check. Nadia and Nicole were dancing around. They seem to be great girls. We didn’t talk to them though. Lena then appeared still in her casual outfit and rollers in her hair haha. They rehearsed ATTSS, Running Blind, So not Cool, Lost in this dance and Stay. Odette filmed some bits. It was funny when she sang LITD at the piano she didn’t know where to put the mic and put it between her b**bs Wide smile Then Olga came to us and asked if we could help them out. They were gonna film the whole show with two camera’s and they needed someone to stay with the camera upstairs (VIP area) and make sure nobody’d bump into it. We then waited upstairs for the people to come in and the show to start. We met Jenya and her friend. She’s a very nice person. I enjoyed talking to her. It was already 11PM when the dance floor was filling with people.

At 12AM a remix version of the Russian song Katinka was playing and old videos of t.A.T.u. were shown on the screen. The audience got excited. The place wasn’t packed with people, but those that were there made a great audience. When the song ended the musicians and background singers appeared on stage and played an intro. Odette and I got our camera’s ready. I couldn’t wait for Lena to step on stage. When she finally did I was very pleasantly surprised. She looked gorgeous!!! Red looks so good on her and her dress was very classy and sexy. They started by playing Running Blind. They all looked great on stage and played magnificently. Lena really sings well and as far as I could hear she hit every high note perfectly! It’s such a joy to listen to her. She also danced a lot. I think it was before HSIN that she ran off stage and came back barefoot and without the hat, so that she could jump around Smile They clearly enjoyed themselves on stage. Lena interacted with the audience quite often. I loooved So Not Cool, it’s souch a great song and I was so glad to finally hear it live. The downside of it was though that they left out Steve’s part and I love that bit so much Sad I hope they only left it out because Steve wasn’t there. I want that part to be in the song on the album. Before she sang 30 minutes she asked how many Russians were in the room. There were quite a lot. She asked in Russian if she should sing the song in Russian and then said she’d sing part of it in Russian and part in English because the background singers don’t know Russian.

We really had a great spot to film the concert and Odette was able to zoom far enough. I only missed the interaction with Lena that we would’ve had if we had been standing in first row. After the concert we hung around in the VIP area. The band was there talking to the fans. After a short while Lena also appeared. There was a wall with advertisement of Novoe Radio. Fans could have their picture taken with her in front of the wall and have something signed. A professional photographer took the pictures, but Odette managed to take some too. We’ve already posted those on the forum. Lena was wearing different clothes. She had a sexy leather black dress on and she looked amazing. When it was our time to get our picture she was so sweet to us. She told us that she was very happy to see us and that we came all the way to see her and that we are always so friendly. She also asked how we liked the show. She held my hand while she was talking to me and smiled the whole time. She really impressed me with her kindness once again. Then we got our picture taken. I can’t wait to see it. I hope the pics are uploaded soon. Luckily Odette took one of me and Lena too Smile Then we remembered we didn’t ask for a signature. We got back in line and now went to her together and asked her to sign the postcard. She gladly singed them for us. Guys I had your requests for signatures with me, but there was no chance to talk to her long as there was a line. So I’m so sorry but we couldn’t get you guys a signature. I hope you understand! If we get another chance to see her we’ll try again. Oh yeah and the photographer took another picture of us with Lena. The three of us together this time. Shortly after Lena left the VIP area and we talked with the guys from the band and got some pictures taken with them. We asked Troy if he knew when the album would be ready, but he couldn’t name a time. He also said that they recorded the show for promotional purposes and maybe get Lena to perform in Europe. I really hope that’ll work out!

The club was getting empty quickly, so I don’t think many stayed for the DJ’s. There was also another club with people though. We hung around the VIP area until it was almost time for us to leave. We went outside to get a cab. Just when we were about to step into one, Lena came outside and walked to the car. She saw us and gave us a kiss and a hug. She thanked us again for coming. She asked if we were on holiday and we said that we were actually gonna fly back to LA. She said that she hoped we had a great time. Just our luck to catch her right before we left Wide smile All I can say is that we did have a great time for sure! It was an amazing night!

We took the cab to the airport. While waiting for the plane my eyes already kept dropping haha. I was insanely tired. I slept through the whole 1-hour flight. We were so tired that we just took the cab to the hotel in LA instead of the metro. We told you guys briefly how the show had been and then dropped into bed and didn’t wake up until 7 hours later haha.

Now we are busy trying to upload everything. The pics are taking forever though. Damn sendspace. We had to start over 3 times already. If it doesn’t work we’ll try again tomorrow. And hopefully we can find a firewire so that we can upload the video to Amanda’s server. Hang on just a little longer guys…
My brother (Travis) and I drove down to San Francisco from Tacoma, WA. 15 hours later, we arrived tired, but enthusiastic! The next day, I got up well rested and spent the afternoon working on finishing Nadia's doll. I was informed that Travis and I could wander down and possibly sit in during the sound check at 5pm. I asked if An and Odette could come in, too. Long story short for that, they could. Yay! I finished up the doll and about that time and I got a call from Odette saying that they were outside the venue. It worked out well since we were about to head there, anyway! We hung around outside the venue awhile. Troy came by with Bruce (Lena's merch manager) and got hugs and we talked a little while. He mentioned Steve's absence and would later tweet that Steve had gone mad and that they had to shoot him, so Jesper would be replacing him for the show, lol (he was actually busy touring with Against All Will). He asked where everyone was staying and that if we had no where to go, he'd gladly give us a key to Sven's place, LOL! Joking, joking! They'd all come and go now and then while we waited. I kinda felt bad cause I wasn't sure if An and Odette really wanted to just stand around since I wasn't actually sure when we could go in. They went to get some food and came back. We were still waiting, but it's cool. Anywho, Sven came out a little later and got hugs, too, and we talked with him a bit.

Awhile later, An went to throw something in the trash across the street. As she was coming back, she started walking across the street and began running. I was confused cause it looked like she was running from a turning car or something! Turns out she saw Lena. We hadn't seen her since we were around the corner of the building. Lena saw Odette, came over, and talked briefly. I don't know why, but I felt really casual. Not like "OMG IT'S LENA KATINA" or something. It was just like meeting up with a friend on the street. Lena just has that air about her. Just the kind of person you can feel comfortable around. Her hair was in braided pigtails and she had her orange track jacket on with a scarf bundled around her neck. It was a bit cold out and of course, we all know Lena is always cold. She went inside and we waited around a little longer. I got a twitter update from Troy saying that Jesper got hit by a homeless person with a cane and he laughed his ass off! Too funny! We had an experience or 2 with some particularly odd homeless people. I mean, I feel bad that they are homeless, but sometimes, it's just incredibly awkward. You don't want to be mean to them, but you just want to be left alone because it's a little uncomfortable. What can ya do. Troy tweeted a pic of the inside of the venue, so as a joke, I tweeted him back and said "...it looks nice and WARM in there!" :D

Around 8:30 or 9, we were allowed in. The sound check was beginning. Bruce asked if I'd like to help bundle postcards, so I did and Travis, An, and Odette came and did, too. After that, we sat out of the way in the back of the venue and watched the sound check. When Domen was up, they had the bass sound WAY up and it vibrated the place HARDCORE. It was AWESOME! The band rehearsed ATTSS and Lena came out about that time and watched them, her hair in rollers and, I'm assuming, a warm beverage in a tumbler. When the mic checks came up, Lena spoke into them before Nadia and Nicole came out. When everyone was together, they rehearsed a handful of songs. Like An said, Lena placed the mic in her shirt during "Lost in this Dance" since it looked like the stand wasn't there, yet. Nadia and Nicole danced during it. They're actually quite good! Olga came by and asked An and Odette to help upstairs in the VIP area. Travis and I wandered back to the merch booth and helped roll posters.

Soon, the doors opened and the event began. It started off with some of the DJs. Mostly people dancing and raving. It's not really my scene, personally, so I just stood around by the booth. It was funny cause I kept getting asked questions since it seemed people thought I was working at the booth. I did what I could! I made change, answered some questions when I could, and watched the booth if Bruce needed to go somewhere. It was fun, actually! :gigi: At some point, Sven came by and asked me and Bruce if we wanted anything to eat or drink. He brought us each down a sandwich and a Red Bull. Svenny gave me wiiiiings! LOL! I needed it, too! The big question was obviously when Lena's set would begin. We weren't actually sure, but it would be between 11 and 12. At about 12am, the opening to Running Blind started and the show began. I didn't get center, but I was in the front row by Lena's keyboard. She walked out on stage and looked phenomenal! Her ensemble was classy, yet sexy. She sang beautifully (as did Nadia and Nicole). The set list was the same as the Troubadour's. Lena, Nadia, and Nicole interacted a lot with the crowd! It was awesome! When they played "IRS", during the instrumental portion, Nicole and Nadia got freaky with Lena! :o After she sang "Craving", she went to remove her hat and shoes so she could move more freely and dance and began singing "Cosmos". When she went to sing "Lost in this Dance", I had to smile ironically. Before the show began, Travis and I were standing in front of the stage. It was almost 5 feet off the ground, so I joked that I hoped Lena wasn't going to wear a skirt since the stage was so high up. When she came over to sing "LitD", she sat down on a box since the piano seat was forgotten and well, from where I was standing and at my height, um...well...yeah. I felt bad! Sure, she has beautiful legs, but when they're literally a foot and a half away from face, it's hard not to want to admire them, but you don't want to feel like some kind of weirdo, so exercising restraint is essential! :heh: So, when I recorded her singing, I kept the camera level with the top of the keyboard and concentrated on her face. I SUCCEEDED! I was a good girl! When the first part of the set list ended, the lights dimmed only to come back on as Nicole and Nadia were pulling Lena back on to the stage for the encore. Lena asked how many Russians were in the crowd and spoke to them in Russian. She sang "30 минут" for the lyrics and "30 Minutes" for the chorus. Before the second verse, Lena asked the crowd "Russian or English?? Russian or English??" They ended the encore with NGGU. At the end of the song, I laughed when Lena kind of bowed with her back to Nicole and Nadia and both reached out and pretended to grab her butt! :gigi: It was a great concert! It almost went without fan drama, too! I can't remember which song was about to begin, but before it did, a guy close the front yelled "F**K YULIA" really loud. The crowd reaction was a mixture of shock and awkwardness. If Lena heard it, she didn't show it. Be mad at Volk if you want, but don't bring that to Lena's show. It mostly pissed me off primarily because dude...it's still Lena's friend. Why would you practically say that her face? :mad: It was uncalled for, that's for sure.

Afterward, the VIP meet and greet began upstairs. I couldn't afford VIP for this show. I scrounged just to get there at all, so I was content just to be there even if I couldn't go the VIP part. Besides, I went in Milwaukee, so it's all good! Anyway, I went back to the merch booth and hung out, again. A short time later, Sven came down with Nicole and Nadia and I was able to give them their dolls. They said they remembered me from Milwaukee. I gave Nadia hers first. She was really surprised. I was about to give Nicole hers, but I'd noticed the tag holder came untied, so I had to put the tag back on first. It was kind of embarrassing and it didn't help that my hands were shaking a little, so putting it back on the string was difficult. :o Anyway, I eventually got it and gave it to her. Their reactions were priceless! It was really rewarding! They screamed and jumped about, excitedly! They asked me a little about them and then thanked me profusely before we got a pic together and then they danced around with them! Too great! I'm glad they liked them so much! :) Their dolls actually took the most effort because I had to dye the fabric for the skin tone!! I would have liked the dye to come out a little darker, but no matter what I did, the fabric just wouldn't take it like I wanted it to. It's the BEST fabric, but it only comes in one color. Ah, well. What can you do?

Around 4am, the event was winding down. Bruce began taking the booth down and I sat around watching it while he took stuff out to the car...van...whatever they were driving. An and Odette came down and said they were going to head out and that they were hopefully going to see Lena outside at some point because they had forgotten to give her the gift they brought to her from Holland. It was really cute! We said bye and parted. While sitting there, a small group of over-excited and/or mildly intoxicated fans came down and started "talking" to me. Random stuff, really. Bruce had taken all the merchandise down except the display copy of the Troubadour poster. It was taped to the table, so I'm guessing he didn't take it because it had tape on it. Anyway, one of them kept asking if it was mine. I said no, it was the display. They kept hinting they wanted it and that I should hook them up. I asked why they thought I could hook them up and one was like "don't you work here?" and I said no, I was just a fan that was helping out and watching the booth. He didn't seem convinced. Then he asked if I was the band's security. I bit back a laugh and said no and repeated I was just a fan. He said "oh, so you're waiting for Lena, then?" and I said no and that I had no idea where she was. He said "bullsh*t, you know where she is because you're security" and I insisted that I was just a fan. So, he went to the poster and basically removed it from where it was taped. 3 attempts later and he took it. I was polite, but I really just wanted to be left alone. Bruce came back a short time later and handed me a paper. I looked at it and saw it was a copy of the set list. On the bottom was written:

"Hey, you thief!
Bring the set list back to where it came from!!!
'Kidding' - Keep it!"

I wasn't sure at first who wrote it, but the way I figured it out was the way the letter "H" was written. It was written the same way the "H" in my name was...when Lena signed my tour book in Milwaukee!! I later asked Bruce just to be sure. He came back and said "you got quite the little collector's item there. Lena wrote that!" I laughed and told him to thank her for me. The guy from earlier came over and saw it and freaked out because he also recognized Lena's handwriting. He joked that he hated me and practically begged me to give it to him. I put it in my folder and into my bag. At that point, he was again convinced I had the hook up and wanted me to get him something...so of course, I had to insist I was just a fan, again. Anyway, Bruce thanked me for helping him out and we said our see-you-laters. Lena came down the stairs about that time, but I didn't want to bother her since I'm sure she was exhausted, so I let it go and Travis and I walked out of the venue. I saw Troy, shook his hand and thanked him for everything and then went back to the motel.

It was an awesomely memorable night and I'm looking forward to finding out where the next gig will be! Hopefully, I can make it for that one, too!

podnebesnya
19-09-2010, 20:58
Not Gonna Get Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7riQ0OSynM

WHYY the fuck is she performing this...it wasnt good live when it was the both of them, it's even worse with her alone...

regigigas1505
20-09-2010, 00:02
I LOVE it! Thanks very much. :D

And, by the way, the Jesper guy really is good! I'm relieved.

AshMcAuliffe
20-09-2010, 00:39
I LOVE it! Thanks very much. :D

And, by the way, the Jesper guy really is good! I'm relieved.

Ditto. He rocked that drum kit. What a lovely performance by Lena. ;)

regigigas1505
20-09-2010, 07:23
Fly on The Wall
All The Things She Said
IRS
World
Craving
Cosmos (http://www.ptatu.ir/video/lena/performance/San%20Francisco%20Sep%2017th%202010/LenaKatina.byJenya.avi)

Click and download! Thanks goes to Jenya.

Argos
20-09-2010, 15:39
Fly on The Wall
All The Things She Said
IRS
World
Craving
Cosmos (http://www.ptatu.ir/video/lena/performance/San%20Francisco%20Sep%2017th%202010/LenaKatina.byJenya.avi)

Click and download! Thanks goes to Jenya.
The requested URL /video/lena/performance/San Francisco Sep 17th 2010/LenaKatina.byJenya.avi was not found on this server.

Bravo!

regigigas1505
20-09-2010, 16:06
Sorry, it was available when I posted... I donwnloaded it, mind you. :o

I'll try and upload it for you guys.

Edit: Sorry it took so long. Here's the download link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/1vpxvh).

Argos
20-09-2010, 19:25
Of course it was! My 'Bravo' was for the one who removed the file. Funny, but a brandnew Madonna-album on an illegal site has the files longer than some tatu and Katina files. Proves who's really i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t! :D

Thanks for your efforts anyway. Had a listen and view for some songs now, and I must say that she does a good job, not perfect, but perfectly watchable. The singing could be better, but she can work on it. While the tatu songs sound very good, some of her new repertoire is simply awful (So Not Cool, Just A Day, Stay), others are quite ok (IRS, World). I guess she needs more good own material to prove the whole thing as a serious project, but at least she did good work on her performance. Jesper was ok for his first time in the band, but he plays a bit too 'stiff', I prefer Steve's style. The backsingers are cute. You can see how 'dedicated' they are. Must be an honour to be in that band. :)

Edgar
20-09-2010, 20:32
others are quite ok (IRS, World).

To be bonus tracks? Well I hope that Just A Day and Stay won't be on the album And I also hope that IRS and World will be bonus tracks because There're not hits or Good Songs to me. But She had 7-8 tracks right now? :bum:

Argos
20-09-2010, 20:48
To be bonus tracks? Well I hope that Just A Day and Stay won't be on the album ...There're not hits or Good Songs to me.
I wouldn't buy an album because of those songs, but they are not so bad. Little banal album songs...

regigigas1505
21-09-2010, 03:57
Ah, I see, Argos! It's fine. :D

Just a Day is really cute, but silly... I like it, though. World is boring and Stay's blant, but the last one I can give a listen here and there. The rest of the songs are pretty addictive, though! I'm happy with the results of Lena's efforts and it's good to see she can sing... Yeah, she can get better, but at this rate it seems like it's coming!

Now I wanna see the rest of the videos. The ones recorded by Anneke were not leaked just yet, right?

Starrgurl
21-09-2010, 06:58
Holy shit, I keep watching the part where Lena yells SOMEBODY HELP ME! So fucking cute!

Arnaudfrenchy
23-09-2010, 10:10
To be bonus tracks? Well I hope that Just A Day and Stay won't be on the album And I also hope that IRS and World will be bonus tracks because There're not hits or Good Songs to me. But She had 7-8 tracks right now? :bum:

In fact, all Lena's new songs will be on bonus tracks, they will remove Just a Day and Stay for you because they will think that you're right. And t.A.T.u. songs will be her main songs. Just to make people angry.

:coctail::coctail::laugh::laugh:

fanoff
23-09-2010, 14:46
In fact, all Lena's new songs will be on bonus tracks, they will remove Just a Day and Stay for you because they will think that you're right. And t.A.T.u. songs will be her main songs. Just to make people angry.

Finally a good move :D :lol:

Bahman
23-09-2010, 16:32

I'll try and upload it for you guys.

Edit: Sorry it took so long. Here's the download link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/1vpxvh).

I didn't delete any file. Zhenya (Jenya) just edited the file name.
Well, You can download all parts of vid as .avi , .vob by Zhenya and photos by anneke:
Here (http://www.ptatu.ir/video/lena/performance/San%20Francisco%20Sep%2017th%202010/)

and vids by Odette:
Part 1 (http://www.allmylove.org/video/exclusive/Lena_SF1_17Sep2010_by_Odette.wmv)
Part2 (http://www.allmylove.org/video/exclusive/Lena_SF2_17Sep2010_by_Odette.wmv)
Part3 (http://www.allmylove.org/video/exclusive/Lena_SF3_17Sep2010_by_Odette.wmv)

Argos
23-09-2010, 17:41
Part2 (http://www.)
Part3 (http://www.)
Sometimes you don't have luck with your links. They are invalid.
Didn't test them, but I think the correct ones are
http://www.allmylove.org/video/exclusive/Lena_SF2_17Sep2010_by_Odette.wmv for part 2
http://www.allmylove.org/video/exclusive/Lena_SF3_17Sep2010_by_Odette.wmv for part 3

Edgar
23-09-2010, 20:36

:coctail::coctail::laugh::laugh:

:lol: Well then I want that they will give me Running Blind's live instrumental because I hate Lena's vocals on that track. I would buy that If the album has that instrumental. Anyway Re-makes don't work on the market.

regigigas1505
24-09-2010, 05:48
I'm so eager to see Lena live again... Can't wait 'till she comes to my country!

Anyways, can anybody tell me what did she say before singing Craving? Didn't quite get it.

Starrgurl
24-09-2010, 20:30
I couldn't make it out either, I barely understand I word she says in the entire concert.

I think this youtube channel has all the videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/angelnine6#p/a/u/0/VlFtmI6MRrs

Bahman
24-09-2010, 21:09
I couldn't make it out either, I barely understand I word she says in the entire concert.

I think this youtube channel has all the videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/angelnine6#p/a/u/0/VlFtmI6MRrs

yeah, she edit Zhenya's vids and add an A.. tag on them.

fanoff
24-09-2010, 23:54
FOTW is such a mess there. Guitars kill the song. Plus Lena misses a verse. I liked the acoustic version.

fanoff
25-09-2010, 00:08
It looks like Tatu songs made her performance worth watching. I really love Craving. Cosmos sounds like one of the new songs, I don't like the performance at all there. The other songs are hopeless. Best one of them is IRS, because she interacts with the audience in the beginning.

Arnaudfrenchy
25-09-2010, 11:47
Best one of them is IRS, because she interacts with the audience in the beginning.

Interacting with people doesn't give more success to a song or make it better.
IRS is just a great song with cute and sexy moves.

fanoff
25-09-2010, 12:16
Interacting with people doesn't give more success to a song

I said that based on the performance dude. The song itself is still as mediocre as others.

Arnaudfrenchy
25-09-2010, 12:35
Interaction with people doesn't make the performance better, dude. :p :p
Your opinion is really not objective for someone who post there. I will not say that the songs are all great. I don't like World really for exemple. But IRS is a really great song.

fanoff
25-09-2010, 12:38
Interaction with people doesn't make the performance better, dude

It does it for me :) I liked watching Lena performing that song, besides that I don't think the song is great.

Arnaudfrenchy
25-09-2010, 12:43
You like the performance, you don't like songs.
Quite strange for me. :ithink:

Reciprocity doesn't work.

fanoff
25-09-2010, 12:48

I love the performance because it's good to see Lena interacting with people and dancing around, but the song is not the best.

Argos
25-09-2010, 13:18
Quite strange for me. :ithink:
Yes, strange. But it's pretty much the same with me. i'm very positively surprised by her really good performance, but honestly - most of her new songs are cruel. IRS is quite good (not hit quality, but still in the league), and the fact it gives her the chance to interact much with the audience, makes it even better live. I can live with "World" too, although it's a bit boring. The others make me wonder how professional musicians can produce such crap. I've listened to quite a lot of Troy's songs and I know Sven's capabilities good enough to be convinced that they can do much better work.

Altogether the tatu songs sound good, probably with the exception of "Running Blind". That was not Lena's best, but maybe it was because it was her first song of the gig. Songs with many long notes are not so to her favour, besides the 'danger' to sound boring she needs a well-trained voice and the ability to make it sound good. She needs more support from the backsingers or the instruments in this case, but it would be better to have less of such melodies. The full rock sound goes well with most of her songs, and Lena begins to sing with more force too. I think she is on the right way with her own artistical progress, just the creativity of the composing department seriously lacks the kiss of the Muse.

Starrgurl
26-09-2010, 21:43
I actually love all of Lena's songs, and not just because I'm in love with Lena. Even if it wasn't her I would still love the music.

regigigas1505
27-09-2010, 04:27
^ I can say I like most of them, too. Even if it wasn't hers, I'd still like it... They're good. They do not sound overproduced, trying really bad to sound good... They sound natural and fun! Stay, for example, has a very, uh, unconventional chorus, but it's still nice to sing and dance along. I guess she's in the right direction 'till now.

And what's with all the hate on Running Blind live? She sings it better than Yulia, IMO. Yulia's voice faded away, you could notice she wasn't wable to reach the notes even in the studio version. And I'm not saying Lena's live singing is just "better", I'm saying she really handles the song properly! Also, the dancing in the end is awesome! :gigi: Supercute! And so is IRS's and Show Me Love's!

Go, Lena!

podnebesnya
27-09-2010, 07:27
I would rather listed to Yulia's raspy, dying voice live than Lena's. Lena's not that interesting.

Arnaudfrenchy
27-09-2010, 12:46
I would say that Yulia has nothing right now interesting to show us. No music. So how becoming interesting when you have nothing to make people interested ?
When she will have something to show us, she maybe become more interesting than Lena.

AshMcAuliffe
27-09-2010, 13:53
I wish Lena the very best of luck in her solo venture. She has a lot of potential and drive. I'm liking what i hear but i do think her best is yet to come.

fanoff
27-09-2010, 13:55
but i do think her best is yet to come.

I really doubt it.

AshMcAuliffe
27-09-2010, 14:04
Have a bit of faith. I get the impression that there's a lot of people who take pleasure in wanting to see her fail and i think that's canny unfair. She's trying and that's important. :)

RowerB
27-09-2010, 14:24
I get the impression that there's a lot of people who take pleasure in wanting to see her fail and i think that's canny unfair.
I don’t want to see her fail, I fact I’m pleased she is making some of the fans happy, but it is not for me.

When she will have something to show us, she maybe become more interesting than Lena.
Just hearing Yulia speak at her party (nothing to do with what she said), reminds us how special her voice is and that is interesting to me.

Argos
27-09-2010, 16:22
And what's with all the hate on Running Blind live?
Allways this fast conclusion with 'hate'. Lena just didn't sing it well. She seemed to have swallowed a frog, squeaked some high notes and sometimes didn't even hit the notes. I told it, maybe it was too difficult as a first song, but I didn't say I hate it.
She sings it better than Yulia, IMO. Yulia's voice faded away, you could notice she wasn't wable to reach the notes even in the studio version.
There's no doubt about Yulya singing it weak, but generally, both of them were a huge disappointment on the whole album!
Also, the dancing in the end is awesome! :gigi: Supercute! And so is IRS's and Show Me Love's!
Not only these songs, practically the whole concert she did well. Of course not everything went perfect, and there is still some work to do, but I was very pleased that she had the courage to improve her whole appearance. Even her singing was much more emotional as usual, and at times she showed that there is energy in her, something missed since the days of Shapovalov.

Arnaudfrenchy
27-09-2010, 19:13
I would like to see some objectivity from a fan one day.

Argos
27-09-2010, 19:27
Objectivity & Fan -> Impossible!

Arnaudfrenchy
27-09-2010, 19:46
Depends
I can in all sincerity say that Lena is not the best singer of the world and that they could improve the music and voice more. The same go for Yulia and even t.A.T.u.

RowerB
27-09-2010, 21:33
This thing thrown up about singing ability is a load of rubbish in my opinion. The sound produced is the only thing that matters and being objective no-one can match Yulia there. People who think differently are kidding themselves.

Arnaudfrenchy
27-09-2010, 22:21
This thing thrown up about singing ability is a load of rubbish in my opinion. The sound produced is the only thing that matters and being objective no-one can match Yulia there. People who think differently are kidding themselves.

Your complete personnal opinion. Yes.
You can't deny that there are a bunch of people in the show-business that have better abilities in their voices than Lena and Yulia because of more training.
But yes, of course the girls have their own special interesting voices. Then i will not give two cents to see them singing harder music that request more technical abilities.
But they still sing well. ;-)

Edgar
27-09-2010, 23:19
I guess she's in the right direction 'till now.

I never could say something like that.

And what's with all the hate on Running Blind live?
I don't hate Running Blind live, I just hate Lena's vocals on that track. Because she even can't sing her part properly and her voice can't match on the chorus :bum:

She sings it better than Yulia, IMO. Yulia's voice faded away, you could notice she wasn't able to reach the notes even in the studio version.
Yulia and Lena are not good singers but Yulia can keep you to watch her while Lena recently learned that. :rolleyes: :coctail:

I would say that Yulia has nothing right now interesting to show us. No music.
You're right But I personally want to wait and get something "good"

regigigas1505
28-09-2010, 03:26
Argos, well, I was very jumping to conclusions indeed :gigi: sorry about that. It's just that I disagree. Like, I thing she sang Just a Day bad compared to the first time... I think this is the only one I didn't like her singing on! I really love Running Blind live and wasn't able to hear failures, that's why I was so surprised with the negative reactions.

And I also agree both of them sounds awfully painful on the third album. Snegopady is just a no-no! And the list goes on and on.

Edgar, Lena IS a good singer. Yulia was once a better one, but there was this incident with her voice we all know about and she hasn't been working on getting it better since a looooooooong time ago. Honestly, Lena could even surpass old Yulia anytime soon. She keeps on getting better, because she's working on it. That's the difference.

fanoff
28-09-2010, 15:45
Yulia and Lena are not good singers but Yulia can keep you to watch her while Lena recently learned that.

Definately agree.

fanoff
28-09-2010, 15:48
That's the difference.

You only know she is working because she's doing everything to let us know but this doesn't mean Yulia isn't working. Let's just wait to see if Yulia's not working on.

Arnaudfrenchy
28-09-2010, 16:39
Yulia and Lena are not good singers but Yulia can keep you to watch her while Lena recently learned that. :rolleyes: :coctail:

In which way ?
Saying things on a interview or singing during gigs ?
Seriously, the more i see Yulia the more i am not interesteg in watching her.

regigigas1505
28-09-2010, 17:19
fanoff, I said Yulia isn't working ON HER VOICE. Unlike Lena, who has a vocal coach.

You can clearly notice Yulia isn't working on it. Hear her speak in the last interview and you'll find out.

Arnaudfrenchy
28-09-2010, 17:33
Knowing if Yulia has a vocal coach or not whatever... is not the problem.
The fact is Lena has now something to show us. It may be interesting or not depending people tastes.
Yulia just doesn't have anything to show us right now.
I don't know why so much people are bothering trying to make competition between girls. This is not X-Factor or American Idol.
Their abilities to sing are quite the same, judging what i heard during performances. I just prefer Lena because she is much more what i like.

regigigas1505
28-09-2010, 20:11
I agree, it's not necessary to keep such "fights".

In fact, I used to think that about Lena -- I though she was boring on stage... And Yulia was all the fun. But Lena surprised me A LOT with that Troubadour performance. She was just different... Miles of improvement. I know she's not perfect, far from it, but she got better and that's it. It's pretty much fine for what she used to be... So. :D

fanoff
29-09-2010, 13:50
And I say that Yulia is the one I like more and I don't like new songs of Lena, so what's the problem? You're just prejudging, she doesn't have to prove that she is working.

manatsu103
30-09-2010, 01:27
So Not Cool will be the first single.

podnebesnya
30-09-2010, 02:35
out of all the t.A.T.U. songs, why doesnt she perform Marsianskiye Glaza?

regigigas1505
30-09-2010, 05:27
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/foto/c/0/296/2516296/f_19975592.jpg

Smile for the cameras :D

@ Billboard party

Starrgurl
30-09-2010, 05:44
I don't think SNC will be the first single. I saw that text, but I think they meant upcoming song. If they did mean single, I highly doubt it would be the first one. IRS or LITD are far more logical choices for the debut.

AshMcAuliffe
30-09-2010, 11:16
http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/foto/c/0/296/2516296/f_19975592.jpg

@ Billboard party

Is that Yulia with Lena?

Arnaudfrenchy
30-09-2010, 13:25
Guys, after all this time, you can't recognize Yulia ?
Whar sort of fans are you ?

Just kidding ^^ :coctail:

It's Yulia. ;-)

AshMcAuliffe
30-09-2010, 13:59
You can't blame us for not recognising Yulia. Her face changes too much for us to keep up with. :D

Nice picture though. I'd have loved to have been there to hear the conversation, if there was one.

And may i say, i was mightily impressed by Lena's performance. Just her and a keyboard. Mesmerising!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uha7NaNg4ck

Argos
30-09-2010, 16:10
Smile or did they show each other their teeth? :gigi:

Lena and the microphone, the everlasting battle! Epic! :D

AshMcAuliffe
30-09-2010, 16:17

:laugh:

Yves
30-09-2010, 17:58

Oh yeah it's starting to be a running gag among her fans. :D Btw, did anyone read the new articles about Yulia bashing Lena again at the Billboard evening? This all is getting ridiculous.

Argos
30-09-2010, 18:21
Btw, did anyone read the new articles about Yulia bashing Lena again at the Billboard evening? This all is getting ridiculous.
Of couse, I :heart:
Yulya Volkova "drove into" Lena Katina

The ex-soloist of the scandalous group Tatu, Yulya Volkova told her ex-colleague Lena Katina that she has no musical ear nor talent.

Time goes by and the once competently built PR shows failure. The ex-participants of the group "Tatu" not so long ago confessed themselves to be in a passionate love with each other, but now the girls see each other absolutely rarely and without special enthusiasm.

Lena Katina, already long ago transformed from a teenager in short skirt into an adult lady, gave recently a solo concert. But Yulya Volkova, who allegedly came to support the ex-friend, fouled her with her not flattering comment at the address of the performer.

Between passionate kisses with her fiancé Vadim, Volkova stated that what Katina does at the moment you can't name creative work, it's complete boredom, which without Volkova herself nobody needs. The girl didn't forget to tell all this to Lena right in the face, who felt offended deeply in her soul.

People around were thunderstruck by such impudent behaviour of the person, who lately in contrast to the ex-partner did nothing at all in her career.

In spite of her rude behaviour Volkova rather thought perfectly different. If of course the tears, which came out of her eyes during the concert, were not dictated by disgust for the performer.

Besides Volkova in the night club, where the concert took place, Andrej Grigor'ev-Appolonov and Anfisa Chehova amused themselves, who liked the solo project of Katina very much. Anfisa even complimented the singer with undisguised admiration and told that the girl opened up in her work and became more adult and well-grounded.

30. Sep 2010
M. Foliforova
eurosmi.ru (http://www.eurosmi.ru/yulya_volkova_naehala_na_lenu_katinu.html)

AshMcAuliffe
30-09-2010, 18:23
:rolleyes: She needs a slap.

Arnaudfrenchy
30-09-2010, 18:38
Is it trustable or not ?

The microphone battle... a big story ! :gigi:

Argos
30-09-2010, 18:43
Is it trustable or not ?
I think so, but well, pure show. This Andrej Grigor'ev is one of Yulya's closest friends (the red-haired guy with her on one of the photos). Yulya bashes, Andrej praises, people have a lot to talk, best PR for Lena (and for Yulya of course too).

Arnaudfrenchy
30-09-2010, 19:06
Mhhh, okay. Well i wouldn't be surprised. No comment :D

Yves
30-09-2010, 23:04
Well, it's somehow strange that they were sitting together holding hands and all while they had a fight. :blabla:

regigigas1505
01-10-2010, 02:05
LOL, the gossip.

Anyways, this is the first time after Lena's solo performances started that I did not like the presentation at all. The singing was awful! She must have been really nervous, I guess.

That said, she was incredibly beautiful!

Yulia... Oh well, I can't even commment about those lips anynore, but are there any more things to comment about her? :(

Edgar
01-10-2010, 03:19
LOL, the gossip.

Anyways, this is the first time after Lena's solo performances started that I did not like the presentation at all. The singing was awful! She must have been really nervous, I guess.

That said, she was incredibly beautiful!
LOL I like the performance :lol: , Her clothes and Even when it seems that she would begin to cry.
In the opening they said something about t.A.T.u., it was not nice. :bum:

Yulia... Oh well, I can't even commment about those lips anynore, but are there any more things to comment about her? :(

Yep :yes:, The intreview on Cherrytree Records

Talyubittu
01-10-2010, 08:55
I'd rather watch Lena on stage with no talent than watch Yulia do...

Oh wait. That's right. She hasn't done anything.

RowerB
01-10-2010, 10:16
I'd rather watch Lena on stage with no talent than watch Yulia do...
I’ve put the .mp3, from the cherrytree radio tatu request hour, on repeat. It is an audio delight. When it comes to making great sounds, Yulia rules!

thelastblossom
01-10-2010, 10:34
you re such a freak =/

RowerB
01-10-2010, 13:42
you re such a freak =/
What? For knowing the good stuff when I hear it? Do yourself a favour and download the .mp3, thelastblossom. You will not be disappointed.

Argos
01-10-2010, 15:50
The singing was awful! She must have been really nervous, I guess
Other theory - maybe she had a cold. She drank tea from her thermos bottle at the party, not very "in" at such events.

regigigas1505
01-10-2010, 21:11
^ Ah, now that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying.

RowerB, it's kinda freaky, yeah, but I kinda agree with you. Hearing her voice after a loooooong long time, without actually seeing her, brought memories. I think she sounded a little like her old self... Like Vsya Moya Lyubov self.

Let's wait. :coctail:

fanoff
02-10-2010, 20:22
Yulya bashes, Andrej praises, people have a lot to talk, best PR for Lena (and for Yulya of course too).

Definately, a win-win situation.

When and where did the party happen?

Argos
03-10-2010, 09:32
When and where did the party happen?
On Sep. 29th in the Moscow Club "Imperia Lounge", where the Billboard Magazine celebrated the start of a new website with lots of well-known guests and performers.

fanoff
03-10-2010, 17:40
Ouch, I didn't know that. Did Lena talk actually about Yulia?

fanoff
03-10-2010, 21:17
Oct 4 is Lena's birthday,right?

AshMcAuliffe
03-10-2010, 21:18
Yup. Happy birthday to Lena. :)

Talyubittu
04-10-2010, 06:48
Other theory - maybe she had a cold. She drank tea from her thermos bottle at the party, not very "in" at such events.

Other theory. We've got tons of footage of her in perfect health performing and she still sounds like a yak!

sakuya
04-10-2010, 07:04
Happy Bday Lena :)

Arnaudfrenchy
04-10-2010, 12:50
Other theory. We've got tons of footage of her in perfect health performing and she still sounds like a yak!

HAHAHAHAHAHA !

:bebebe: :blabla: :blabla: :bum: :hooligan: :nunu:

Argos
04-10-2010, 17:49
... she still sounds like a yak!
Somebody had to much of an Orang in ridiculous clothes... :bebebe:

sakuya
04-10-2010, 17:55
Somebody had to much of an Orang in ridiculous clothes... :bebebe:

LMAO :D:D:D

regigigas1505
04-10-2010, 20:07
Sorry, guys, I don't understand this! :gigi:

HAPPY B-DAY, LENA! YOU'RE NOT READING THIS, BUT WHY DOES IT MATTER, RIGHT? :coctail:

Starrgurl
06-10-2010, 04:00
Think this is at all legit? If it is there sure isn't very much Lena in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_tXiJjuBiQ

AshMcAuliffe
06-10-2010, 10:00
She is listed on the Wikipedia page for their record.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geeving

Endri
06-10-2010, 11:54
horrible :bum:

AshMcAuliffe
06-10-2010, 12:26
horrible :bum:

The track is not my cup of tea either...

fanoff
06-10-2010, 15:01
Why did they edit the male voice that much? October and April was listenable but this?:bum:

regigigas1505
06-10-2010, 15:04
I don't like it at all.

AshMcAuliffe
06-10-2010, 15:18
Autotune officially sucks! :p

Arnaudfrenchy
06-10-2010, 16:37
Really i don't like it.

Argos
06-10-2010, 17:15
Think this is at all legit? If it is there sure isn't very much Lena in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_tXiJjuBiQ
I miss the evidence that this sh-sh-shong has something to do with Katina. The girl's voice sounds more like Hilary Clinton after a night with the Russian Ambassador. :confused:

MalchikGeiBrand
06-10-2010, 23:48
It kind of sounds like her... It's hard to tell though, 'cause the entire song has all these filters/auto-tunes over the vocals. XD

Oh, and for other peoples heads up, the part where "Lena" is supposedly at, it's around the 2:30 mark in case you don't feel like listening to the dudes... I think she's in the background vocals around the song too, but she's autotuned to the point of beyond recognition... I haven't seen anything yet that confirms it is Lena. But it seems more believable than those lulzy fake Yulia + GaGa demos.

And happy belated Lena? I'm still kind of in shock that she's really 26... A part of me still thinks Tatu's ages have frozen and they're still only 21, because that's how old they were when I got into Tatu.

FiorE
07-10-2010, 04:30
I like it! :p I hate the screamo though, but well the first guy is ok, reminds me of ak´sent!, but in general terms is not such a bad song.

Starrgurl
07-10-2010, 06:16
I hate it too, but according to wiki it is her. Not that that's the most reliable source.

Yves
07-10-2010, 14:08
If Lightning Strikes the company that runs Lena's online shop posted that link with the song on facebook so it's officially her in that song.

Argos
07-10-2010, 16:43
If Lightning Strikes the company that runs Lena's online shop posted that link with the song on facebook so it's officially her in that song.
I have no calendar at hand, but do we have April 1st? :rolleyes:

manatsu103
08-10-2010, 02:09
I really like that song!

MalchikGeiBrand
08-10-2010, 02:13
I don't like all the screaming from the dudes, but goodness, I've had the parts where Lena go "THIS LOVE NEVERRRR DIIIIIIES!!! OHHHHH! THIS LOVE NEVER DIIIIIES! this love never - this love never - OHHHHHHH!" stuck in my head all day.

It's still pretty cool Lena got to be featured with something, especially since this band is apparently kind of new but also kind of known in North America?

fanoff
08-10-2010, 07:50
They say the song has been a smash hit in the US. Lena has made it! :lol:

Starrgurl
10-10-2010, 20:03
No it hasn't, I haven't once heard it on the radio.

thelastblossom
10-10-2010, 22:51
sarcasm

Endri
11-10-2010, 20:28
stupidity

regigigas1505
12-10-2010, 00:13
death

:gigi:

undamaged77
12-10-2010, 02:33
I'm surprised by this song, not gonna lie. A synthcore band is the last thing I'd expect Lena to be singing on. It's not a bad song. And these bands (along with the whole "screamo" scene in general) are very popular in the US. It was all I listened to my sophomore and junior year. This will give her exposure for sure.

Starrgurl
13-10-2010, 08:45
Are you serious? Because that's not even funny.

fanoff
13-10-2010, 11:58
They say the song has been a smash hit in the US. Lena has made it!

I was just being sarcastic :D

Starrgurl
15-10-2010, 02:45
It didn't really sound like sarcasm, it sounded like you were dead serious. Made me worry about your sanity for a bit. :none:

fanoff
16-10-2010, 13:48
You would get that it was sarcasm by reading a post above ;)

regigigas1505
25-10-2010, 14:23
These are not news at all, but I figured it'd be cool to post anyways:

Lena's birthday got a mention at this breast cancer section in this Women's Radio website... Click here to view (http://www.womensradio.com/articles/Breast-Cancer-Awareness-Month-Checks-Up-on-MusicMonday/6567.html). They even linked to her website.

Also, clicking here (http://enelshow.com/news/2010/10/03/38037) you can view another mention. It says the following:

1984 - The russian singer Lena Katina was born, one half of the music duo t.A.T.u. Now, she's recording her solo debut since the group, along with Yulia Volkova, is on hiatus.

regigigas1505
06-11-2010, 04:40
Sorry for double-posting, but I don't know where else I should post this... Mods, please move this and exclude this message after.

So, t.A.T.u.'s been around russian TV at news and other shows lately...

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj0_p4zQAZo

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmvn_sOg6wk

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Xxwcm6iLw

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgg-rAZjX_w

I wonder if Yulia was critisizing Lena right in front of her in the last one. :p
Anyways, translations would be much appreciated... Or summaries, if anyone will. Thanks in advance!

fanoff
06-11-2010, 11:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wg7-8o27Cw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izk-nacNtg&feature=related

These are the subtitled versions.

Talyubittu
06-11-2010, 23:04
HAHAHAHA. "What a taint, I need to talk to her."

Not sure what Lena meant to say, but in American English a "taint" is the area between the anus and the vagina on a woman.

I like how the program makes it look like like America is getting some shining talent too, when in reality most people on the street won't even know who she is. I hope she proves me wrong and does something great. But hopes speak little of reality.

little_polar_bear
07-11-2010, 17:21
I like how the program makes it look like like America is getting some shining talent too, when in reality most people on the street won't even know who she is.

The program is being clearly ironic here. It's a nice watch, not taking "those celebs" (both girls) seriously.

RowerB
08-11-2010, 08:31
Did you ever hear of a song called Tainted Love, Talyubittu? What’s that all about?

Argos
08-11-2010, 16:34
Did you ever hear of a song called Tainted Love, Talyubittu? What’s that all about?
That's then love between ... ouch! Don't come with such stuff, RowerB! This is a well behaved forum!

thelastblossom
08-11-2010, 16:49
:D lol

regigigas1505
09-11-2010, 01:30
what's that about? :o

I thought it was just... nevermind :gigi:

Talyubittu
09-11-2010, 02:55

Obviously I know that Lena was not calling Yulia a "taint". I just feel like a better translation would have been something along the lines of "what an awful thing to have said."

little_polar_bear
14-11-2010, 01:32
It's official now after a few strange comments from Troy and many raised questions concerning Lena's official or non-official merchandise that a guy named Bruce was selling in L.A., Jam_One declared that Troy has left the band after a "fight" with Boris and Lena. No details for the public, of course.

Quote from Jam_One:
This is the time to put an end to speculations on the lately emerged topic.
Troy was made an offer he could not refuse – to leave the project because of critical and compelling dispute with Boris and Lena.
The other members of the team did not find counterarguments against Troy’s leaving.
The nature of the mentioned dispute is not a subject for disclosure. It is not supposed “to be washed in public”. You do not like that sort of stuff, and you are absolutely right.
End of story.
Lena is in Los Angeles, her work goes on well.

and after someone asked for the offer Troy was made, Jam_One added:
It's a quotation from "The Godfather", as my memory convinces me.
"He was made an offer to leave."

...Well, I don't know anything about Bruce, in this regard...

So, he at least implicates that Troy is with that Bruce-guy now who according to anneke who had to speak for the management was not obeying to the management's wishes how and when to sell Katina's merchandise. After this stuff was considered "unofficial" by Renski and Co. because all benefits from the sold items would go only into Bruce's pockets, Troy still announced the re-opening of this online-shop and encouraged fans to buy from Bruce - stabbing Lena into the back, so to speak... if I understood that kindergarten mess correctly... even more ridiculous than before, lord...

I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone in charge yet, but there are rumours that Nicole, one of the backing singers, doesn't work for Lena anymore either...

Talyubittu
14-11-2010, 08:35
Not even off the ground and project Lena Katina is already experiencing engine failure. This project is doomed.

fanoff
14-11-2010, 19:30
Sad actually, but predictable. Nohing happens and musicians get bored.

regigigas1505
15-11-2010, 02:08
little_polar_bear, lemme see if I got it right: Troy betrayed Lena? Or it was Lena who was not treating Troy very well?

Sorry, too much information :gigi:

Anyways, I guess it really is a loss. The guy really is great at the stage... And Nicole was cute.

little_polar_bear
15-11-2010, 13:30
regigigas1505, to sum this up: My guess, from seeing what each party says, is that Troy got fired from the team because he wanted things differently than Boris Renski. How hard he pushed or what he said and did to make Renski fire him, we don't know and the team won't let us know, of course. Troy, on the other side, is playing Mr. Innocent...

regigigas1505
15-11-2010, 14:47
Ah, I understand... Thanks for clearing that up.

I saw his twitter and I think he may be right; it's Boris, after all, and maybe he's still a jerk concerning t.A.T.u. and everything related to it.

I can just wish Lena luck.

Anyways, here are some tidbits from her Facebook:

Hey all!!!! I just watched "The blind side". I would highly recommend it to everyone!!!!! That is an amazing movie based on a true story!!! I admire that family... - Posted November 7

‎"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!" Cool, da? :-))) - Posted November 3

And the new profile picture (http://www.facebook.com/find-friends/index.php?ref=invite_step#!/photo.php?pid=5316144&id=115424574519). I really like it!

MalchikGeiBrand
16-11-2010, 01:58
Bleh. It kind of upsets me. :p Troy had such great chemistry with Lena and the band, and it looked like they were getting along well with the backing girls. To me it dooes sound like the result of Boris being a butt. If that's the case, then I wonder why Lena still relies on him... probably because she has little to nowhere else to go, unfortunately.
I don't really know much, but in the past, I always thought Boris was pretty delusional with his "creative" side. :|

The new picture is cute at least. :p

fanoff
16-11-2010, 10:14
Troy, on the other side, is playing Mr. Innocent...

Which is funny to me:)

regigigas1505
18-11-2010, 03:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaistqaYfWs&feature=player_embedded

New vlog entry.

Well, I think it sucks that, at the end, she says the same thing she said with Yulia in the "Happy New Year Video"; "Well do all of our best to make you happy". It's pretty obvious it's coming from Boris. Seriously, this guy really sucks and I can only feel sorry for Lena. I like her, of course, but she's too much of a pet of him. Gosh!

MalchikGeiBrand
19-11-2010, 02:45
Her personality is so cute... even when she's awkwardly reading about the projects troubles off of cue cards...

"We are kind of problem here" That one line in that video kind of speaks for all. :s

Thanks for sharing. XD

Talyubittu
19-11-2010, 05:23
Who on earth is managing this pile of chaos? Lena Katina has no fanbase other than the 10 or 15 people who actually bother to read her website and check her YouTube. So why are they wasting time making v logs? Finish your album and schedule more shows. Nobody gives a shit about Troy leaving other than (like I said before) the 10 or 15 t.A.T.u. fans who are probably the only ones who even know that he is. Move on, get your shit together, find a new guitarist. This project is DEAD.

sakuya
19-11-2010, 08:20
Who on earth is managing this pile of chaos? Lena Katina has no fanbase other than the 10 or 15 people who actually bother to read her website and check her YouTube. So why are they wasting time making v logs? Finish your album and schedule more shows. Nobody gives a shit about Troy leaving other than (like I said before) the 10 or 15 t.A.T.u. fans who are probably the only ones who even know that he is. Move on, get your shit together, find a new guitarist. This project is DEAD.
we heard it first ten times you wrote it :p

Talyubittu
19-11-2010, 10:02
we heard it first ten times you wrote it :p

Evidently the idiots behind the Lena Katina massacre have not.

Joopy
19-11-2010, 11:52
If Lightning Strikes responds:

Hey guys,
As I am sure you can imagine, we were really shocked and saddened by the most recent vlog placed on Lena's site yesterday.
We do not feel it is professional to air our differences in public, but feel we are now being forced to do so. Having said that, let me just start by saying that we have never refused to provide Lena's team with any reports or a list of the VIP members. These accusations are completely untrue and simply absurd. As a matter in fact, I personally discussed the VIP situation with Sven just last week and we agreed to get together to go over the list and make a smooth transition to passing the whole thing over to Lena's team. Unfortunately, as we both have very busy schedules, we have run into some scheduling conflicts. I am pleased however to tell you that he did assure me all of the benefits of the VIP status would be honored by Lena and her team.
For the last several weeks we have been working very hard behind the scenes to come to a fair resolution to the situation for all parties involved, but I am sorry to say that our efforts have not proven to be successful. We have lost a great deal of money that we invested in Lena's merchandise and the creation of Lena's Boutique and are now only seeking to recover some of what we lost by selling the remaining merchandise that we made at our own expense. We have offered several times to sell all of the remaining merchandise to Lena's team for our actual cost of the goods and reasonable expenses. These offers have all been refused.
Having been left with no other choice, It is now our intent to liquidate the remaining inventory of Lena Katina merchandise at a substantial discount in an attempt to recover our investment, at which time we will permanently close Lena's Boutique. If you feel that this is unreasonable and we are not entitled to recover our losses, then we ask that you do not purchase anything from the shop. For those who do choose to purchase from the shop, we guarantee that all orders will be shipped in a timely manner, as have all orders placed in the past. Furthermore, we have made no attempt to hurt Lena in any way, nor do we have any interest in doing so, we are just simply trying to sell off the merchandise. Rest assured, any profits earned beyond our break even point will be split with Lena as per our original agreement.
We would like to thank everyone who purchased VIP memberships and other items from the shop. To show our appreciation to all of the fans, we are pleased to announce that we will be conducting a raffle and giving away a ton of very rare t.A.T.u. items, some of which are one of a kind. Please watch http://www.iflightningstrikes.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/iflightningstrikes for further details.
We would like to emphasize that we have no ill feelings towards Lena and would like to take this opportunity to wish her all the best for the future and we wish her much success.
Kind regards,
Bruce Ball
If Lightning Strikes
(This message was sent to all those who bought the VIP package, there is proof what Bruce wrote here is true!)

AshMcAuliffe
19-11-2010, 12:34
:( erm...

Argos
19-11-2010, 19:35
Nobody gives a shit about Troy leaving other than (like I said before) the 10 or 15 t.A.T.u. fans who are probably the only ones who even know that he is.
So you are one of the 10-15, because you know it? Congrats!
If Lightning Strikes responds:
Somehow pretty much every business deal between Renskij and another party comes to a mess. I've already lost count how many people feel ripped off by him.

Joopy
19-11-2010, 20:19
Zhenya Voevodina (PR Manager) responds to fan comments:
On the Russian side I commented quite an ugly post of Snegopadi.
Summery of his post was “Everything about this project f*cking sucks.” Google translator can help you understand the essence of his post.
http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1106023#1106023
“I’m not going to answer you in your nasty manner, but it is not the first time we have the feeling that no matter what we do, you’ll pour a wagon of sh*t on us. Songs – sucks. Webpage – trash. Management – crap. Artist – zero. Dear girls and boys, what are you writing about?
There is so much work ahead. Lena – and us – need your support. We DO need criric too, but why are you trying to constantly hurt us, hurt more and more (we are not deleting any of that because it doesn’t formally violate forum rules – so all your sadism stays)
Yes, Lena reads you. And on her own site her most loyal fans are letting her down so hurshly – and the most funny part is – with no legitimate reason. This is just not right, my friends...
We really want you to give her good energy. The good energy she is giving to you.
Consider this post as a call to be more human. If you don’t want to… well, stay spiteful. Nobody will ban you here for this".
P.S. I separately would like to thank argos for his mature comments.

regigigas1505
20-11-2010, 00:35
I do agree with Zhenya about sending good energies to Lena... She, in fact, IS giving it to us. The prokect is not perfect because her management sucks, but Lena -- she's giving all of her best. It's obvious she's trying really hard and I'm pretty sure it hurts when negative feedback, without valid points, happens.

Talyubittu
20-11-2010, 01:26
Professional management should refrain from blatantly telling fans that they are "shitting" upon Lena. - I have an idea. Why don't you get your act together at T.A. Music and do something of quality, something professional and something in a timely manner? That's not shitting on the project, that's expecting moderate professionalism. I think she forgets that despite being unhappy, many people are still waiting after all of this time. There has been more than enough time to have what...five v logs? We have no material other than live footage, and very little live footage at that. That, is a problem.

@Argos, possibly. The only difference is, I really am not interested in the Lena Katina project because Troy is the guitarist. Things happen. Find a new guitarist, and the show must go on. I think you could more than agree that despite my constant unhappiness with this project, I am indeed still around and among very few who still are.

regigigas1505
20-11-2010, 03:42
Talyubittu, her Facebook account tells us we're 10.000 + still around! :gigi: gotta mean something, right?

... Right.

Talyubittu
20-11-2010, 04:33
Talyubittu, her Facebook account tells us we're 10.000 + still around! :gigi: gotta mean something, right?

... Right.

No. It does not. Because Facebook is not music, and the number of followers you have on Facebook holds no significance into ones work or work ethic.

Joopy
20-11-2010, 23:23
Insider responds:
A little excursion into the history of t.A.T.u., which contains a lot of allusions to today's Lena Katina evolutions.
Almost two years passed in between the birth of t.A.T.u. and the YSSU's hitting the MTV.
We had several demos and one finalized product - YSSU (Ya Soshla S Uma, Russian version of All The Things She Said). We tried to place the song onto FM waves, way before Ivan shot the video.
For Moscow show-biz society Shapovalov and I were aliens with no connections, and we were not professionals.
Ivan had voyaged all of the music radio stations in Moscow (a few existed those days) with YSSU, he met the very same reaction everywhere: dull & unprofessional & non-format.
(How do you fans like it - the song "Ya Soshla S Uma" in its exact final version as it was eventually released did not blow anybody's mind in professional world, it was welcomed nowhere and was believed to be boring shit.)
I had a childhood friend - one of the Russkoe Radio (Russian Radio - huge FM radio) founders. I offered him 25% of t.A.T.u. for his support - he refused, he believed the project to be futureless.
Then I went desperate, but Shapovalov talked me (yes, talked me, not convinced me) into financing a video - after all the money spent to the moment.
Another round of camping-on-the-doorsteps started when the video was made. Again, we used to be met with one-finger-salute everywhere.
I distinctly remember I was told by one young lady I knew, a credible promoter those days, that "the product is interesting and promising but me and Shapovalov are half-a-loafs of the show-biz and we'll ruin it all".
That's how it was. It lacked only a t.A.T.u.'s forum to make our hands thrown up, and to make us die of shame and frustration. Happily, there was no forum those days, otherwise you guys would have had no chance of seeing any t.A.T.u. whatsoever.
Later, Ivan came to MTV for the n-th time round.
A guy (sorry about forgetting his name, he deserves a monument) who was in charge of local programs took the video with words like this: "...the video is cool, I like it, but I don't believe it has a future... I'll give it a basic air..."
You know the consequences.
I do not mean this story to be interpreted as a script for "Lena Katina" future progress. Do not think we are just sitting here waiting for "the MTV guy". We are not waiting, we are doing our best. This project is ours. Neither Universal nor Sony would do our work for us.
Those who rely on this are merely naive children. Those who maliciously propagate this possibility are evil children.
Words of wisdom:
Sometimes it is hard for the art to pave itself the way. Sometimes it takes a chance, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Home-made crafts share the very same destiny.
The difference is good things stay living in history, become iconic, while bad ones are being ruthlessly erased with time leaving no trace.
Miscellaneous:
- At last, we have got a professional manager with significant abilities and significant belief in Lena. This will be officially announced later on. (To the deepest regret of many, this fact is not accompanied by my retirement. I am keeping my regular position of the executive producer.)
- Lena and the band are going to perform a one hour set in Dallas (Texas) on the 3d of February. More details to come.
- It is a pity, Troy literally "selling out his whole life" out of despair, putting things that used to connect him with t.A.T.u. up for sale. But nobody is going to erase his contribution to "Lena Katina" as it was suggested by some smart-ass. Nobody is going to delete his photos, interviews or obvious co-writing rights in songs. We surely are the Department Of Control, but not the Department Of Truth, please do not mix both up!
- Steve has not gone anywhere, he did only skip one concert because of his project, and this is it. Spitters, do not defame!
Yours,
He who's name shall not be spoken
Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/Insider/2010/11/20/1290271980000.html

Talyubittu
21-11-2010, 00:24
What a load of garbage, I'm not sure what this "evil children" trash bin talk is about; but what they're clearly forgetting is that as an established company now, there should not be a two year wait between the development of a group and the marketing of said group. Everything about this allusion is completely backwards. To start with, t.A.T.u. at least had a provocative image that helped propel their success. What does Lena Katina have? Nothing spectacular short of a former member of t.A.T.u. to say the least. There is nothing flashy. Nothing attention getting. Nothing exciting or new. And in addition, there is "ok" work we've heard only in low quality recordings. Rensky's words of wisdom are nothing more than meaningless justification for the complete lack of professionalism both in regards to t.A.T.u.'s decline and Lena's failure to transcend. Lena does not even have a fanbase in L.A., so why are they going to spend time and money jumping to Dallas (congrats on another show), but why not focus on SoCal for now? That would make more sense. Moving on, I'm going to assume that I'm the "smart-ass" in question since I'm the only one who's spoken of replacing Troy - and I'd like to elaborate that nowhere did I say anything remotely similar to "erasing his contributions to Lena Katina" - I spoke of replacing him, because in order for the group to progress, it has to be done. This entire charade is getting old, and as I've said numerous times - it's extremely unprofessional for the management to make nasty comments like this towards fans. Especially people who are indeed still interested in the project. I have no use for Boris Rensky or anyone who defends that a complete lack of progress is art. That is not the case. To quote the insider when news of t.A.T.u. splitting was announced...The first single/video is to be released in the second half of 2009 (it's impossible to tell more precisely).
Album - at the end of 2009 - beginning of 2010.

It's been nearly two years and we have V logs and what, five shows? Less than impressive, and I do not feel bad about constantly expressing my dissatisfaction. I understand that things do not always work out as planned, but an independent release could have been more than possible at this point in time. I would like nothing more than to watch Lena succeed and to be able to listen to her music and watch her grow as an artist. And I'm aware she reads things that are posted, and my intention is not to be negative. But things are not working out this way for a reason, and it's the exact same story we had with VU and WM. Delay, delay. Justification, justification. Nasty things said to fans, rant, rant, rant and finally - the same independent release that would have been possible initially and years sooner. Hopefully this new manager will understand these concepts and Rensky will be able to sit in the shadows as the Insider, nursing us with his pleas of art and time and assuming that none of us have a drop of intelligence. I would not be here if I did not support Lena Katina, despite my lack of excitement. That is a fan.

little_polar_bear
21-11-2010, 07:19
Joopy, thank you. My, I thought Insider was dead? Wow! And another thing - why do they always want to hear pity from the fans?
Well, good if Lena has a professional manager (there are enough of that kind in L.A., I guess) believing in her, maybe we'll get to see some improvements soon. And cheer up, Mr. copycat-irony. (Even though his tone was ueber-optimistic actually...:hmmm:)

Argos
21-11-2010, 15:10
What a load of garbage, I'm not sure what this "evil children" trash bin talk is about...
He can't live without the 'lyudi invalidy'. He created them, he has to keep them alive and healthy. :D
... but what they're clearly forgetting is that as an established company now, there should not be a two year wait between the development of a group and the marketing of said group.
They are standing at the beginning. When they decided to go to the west, there were no major contacts there, except the record company they left. Everything has to be built from scratch, with the difference that they are not working in their own country, with people who don't trust them, simply because they are Russians (and Russians have made it nowhere outside their surroundings). It takes so long, maybe even longer. Alone they are completely helpless.
To start with, t.A.T.u. at least had a provocative image that helped propel their success. What does Lena Katina have? Nothing spectacular short of a former member of t.A.T.u. to say the least. There is nothing flashy. Nothing attention getting. Nothing exciting or new. And in addition, there is "ok" work we've heard only in low quality recordings.
Here is the core of the problem. It may attract Lena fans, but it won't go further. You have to be different from other acts, and you have to be interesting. There is nothing in the concept that gives you the impression of something unusual, exciting etc. Her success would throw every philosophy of the business upside down, the triumph of the grain of sand over the diamond.
Lena does not even have a fanbase in L.A., so why are they going to spend time and money jumping to Dallas (congrats on another show), but why not focus on SoCal for now? That would make more sense.
I guess it's again an invitation of former tatu fans in the business as the other performances were. I wouldn't reject it. The problem for Lena is that she is not a local act which is just developing right now. She stays there with a team in a foreign country, which costs money, and she has expensive musicians. If she trots from small gig to small gig around LA with very low salary there would only be huge costs. It's a hard decision whether to invest the money for this or to try to pick better paid bigger events. She needs recognition from people in the business more than from a random audience in California. A local band works from a growing fan base upwards, a foreign act usually works from the support of the industry down to the people. Lena is somewhere between.
I'm going to assume that I'm the "smart-ass" in question
Too much honour for you. There are dozens of people Renskij has in the field of vision of his scope.
Delay, delay. Justification, justification. Nasty things said to fans, rant, rant, rant and finally -
Well, the delay part is the Russian way of life, but the rest maybe helped TA Music's projects keep alive. Most of the forum postings are related to this! :D
Rensky will be able to sit in the shadows as the Insider, nursing us with his pleas of art and time and assuming that none of us have a drop of intelligence.
Wanna bet on the compatibility of the new manager with Renskij? He will return back like this famous barbecued chicken - Phoenix - out of the ashes! :coctail:

Talyubittu
22-11-2010, 03:15
He can't live without the 'lyudi invalidy'. He created them, he has to keep them alive and healthy

Which only adds to my argument that the Lena Katina project is nothing but a continuation of the failed attempt t.A.T.u. turned into.

They are standing at the beginning. When they decided to go to the west, there were no major contacts there, except the record company they left. Everything has to be built from scratch, with the difference that they are not working in their own country, with people who don't trust them, simply because they are Russians (and Russians have made it nowhere outside their surroundings). It takes so long, maybe even longer. Alone they are completely helpless.

Exactly. Which why I said what I said about VU and WM. These albums could have been released when they were initially given release dates, as an independent release for the most part is what T.A. Music ended up relying on in the end. Lena Katina's album is going to be no different, release it to generate SOME excitement, or something to sell at shows other than t-shirts.

The Phoenix comment by far was the best analogy I've ever read by the way. :D

Winkie
24-11-2010, 16:39
I've been reading in this thread for quite some time now. I found very different opinions about Lena's voice and the quality of her songs. But thing is, I'd like to judge them myself. Does anyone have a link or something towards her songs? I just can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance. :rose:

RowerB
24-11-2010, 16:56
Does anyone have a link or something towards her songs?
All my love posted two youtube links on tatu.ru forum, here:
http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1106650#1106650

Winkie
24-11-2010, 16:59
Thank you! I'll check them out as soon as I get home. :)

Starrgurl
28-11-2010, 23:22
You could also check youtube. These are her current solo songs that we have:

Lost In This Dance
World
IRS
Just A Day
So Not Cool
Stay

Just type in Lena Katina and any of those song titles, you will find a few versions of each.

regigigas1505
10-12-2010, 02:34
Lena posted on Facebook:

Hey, guys!!!! Just had another amazing writing & recording session with Australian singer&songwriter Vassy!!! Good stuff!!!! :-)))
Cant wait to share those songs with you!!!!

About the Vassy person:

http://www.facebook.com/VassyFans

She's got a label! AND a voice, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vassymusic#p/u/1/BUtuP_K65Io

I think it sounds promising.

manatsu103
21-12-2010, 02:31
New December V LOG! (With of course no new info about music. :( )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00obWPkudkM&feature=sub

Talyubittu
21-12-2010, 06:45

Who are they releasing these for? With no music, who is listening? Even I'm not going to watch it.

Argos
21-12-2010, 10:39
Thank God they made a Russian transcript! I didn't understand a word of the original English sound. Well, I didn't understand the purpose of this vlog either. Seems that I'm at the beginning of dementia...

convol
22-12-2010, 19:54
Who are they releasing these for? With no music, who is listening? Even I'm not going to watch it.

I watched 15 seconds of this and I have to say I prefer to listen to the wind in my own garden.

fanoff
22-12-2010, 20:44
Thank God they made a Russian transcript!

What was she talking about? :lol:

RowerB
22-12-2010, 21:10
What was she talking about? :lol:
allaboutus posted his best guess on tatu.ru, here: http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1111283#1111283

Exciting stuff!

regigigas1505
30-12-2010, 04:31
Her website updated with this dontknowhowtocallit picture: http://lena-katina.com/style/images/1440.jpg

... Enjoy? :gigi:

Argos
30-12-2010, 10:21
Her website updated with this dontknowhowtocallit picture: http://lena-katina.com/style/images/1440.jpg
Everything makes sense now... :D

AshMcAuliffe
30-12-2010, 12:34
Enjoyed... in a non-sexual way. :D

michael
30-12-2010, 13:42

Reason is easy to understand. If fans hear nothing for more than a few weeks they start complaining, then they panic and spread rumours that project has run out of money and that project if finished. Just look what happened in November on tatu-ru forums!

Management know this and have learned that it is better to put Lena in front of a camera every month to show fans she is still alive (and that Boris does not keep her locked up in windowless room ;) )- even if they have nothing relevant to say.

allaboutus posted his best guess on tatu.ru, here:

Hurmph no guess, I listened to video several times, translated subtitles and even lipread to work out what she said. (yes - I need to get a social life!). And still my idot fingers managed to type beach instead of bench.

I'm glad you found it ermmm..... interesting? :p

Talyubittu
30-12-2010, 14:14
Reason is easy to understand. If fans hear nothing for more than a few weeks they start complaining, then they panic and spread rumours that project has run out of money and that project if finished. Just look what happened in November on tatu-ru forums!

Management know this and have learned that it is better to put Lena in front of a camera every month to show fans she is still alive (and that Boris does not keep her locked up in windowless room ;) )- even if they have nothing relevant to say.
p

Right, easy to understand but an unfortunate reality. I'd rather hear nothing for an entire year and be given quality material than to hear her random babble about everything but music. This project has already run out of ideas, so money isn't really an issue I'm concerned with. T.A. Music is the absolute worst fucking thing to ever happen to anyone associated with music. Rensky or anyone else posting as Insider can say 100 shitty things about fans and call us invalidy or whatever they wish to over and over again. It still doesn't change the fact that the Lena Katina project sucks, yes sucks because of the same people who drove t.A.T.u. into the ground. I do not understand what type of artist or production company spends two years in LA and has no album and no significant following to show for it. It's 2010, they don't even need to be in LA. It's not like the Iron Curtain is still up and they're mixing her album on Windows 98 computers. Go back to Moscow where some people still care, and accomplish something. But no - T.A. Music would rather blog and bitch about fans than accept their lack of competence (which is evident, it is not a question) and accomplish something. Lena's music is boring and so is her lack luster dull personality she seems intent on keeping. Nobody wants to watch you talk about going to see Depeche Mode, nobody cares about you hiking, and nobody wants to see pictures of you fighting tree roots. I mean really? What the fuck. We've all been more than patient. Lena would have been better off finishing her psychology program than she is being the last shred of hope for these fucking idiots turned record executives who after FOUR years still haven't managed to do a single thing other than independently release one mediocre album.

RowerB
30-12-2010, 18:07
Hurmph no guess,
I just put best guess because of this line:
but here is what I think she said:
I didn’t mean anything derogatory by it.

T.A. Music would rather blog and bitch about fans than accept their lack of competence
Why are you down on TA Music all of a sudden?