lolitagirl
04-03-2003, 05:15
Fucking Amal is my all time fav! also known as Show me Love
Bully
Y tu mama tambien
bound
better than chocolate
lost and delerious

hmm i am thinking and i cannot think of any other gay movie i have seen , so what are your favorites ?

Silva
05-03-2003, 03:15
Hmm I haven't even seen one of those movies lol, i'm definetly going to have to check them out soon.

rosh
05-03-2003, 13:50
good gay movies :

kissing jessica stein
the broken hearts club
the birdcage
priscilla queen of the desert

PowerPuff Grrl
05-03-2003, 23:43
Velvet Goldmine
It has Ewan McGregor in it!!!

Top Gun
Not what you think, there's just a lot of homoeroticism in it.

Heavenly Creatures
Never really thought of it as a gay movie, it's just really good.

Boys Don't Cry
Freaking depressing.

ETA:
Mulholland Drive
Freaking confusing.

Echoed
05-03-2003, 23:48
Boys Don't Cry, I loved that movie. I felt like bawling. But I didn't.

But damn good. And damn depressing, like PowerPuff said. Eh.

~Echo.

ILuv
06-03-2003, 00:14
Mercy. I saw it yesterday on TV.

YLuelniaa
08-03-2003, 08:38
I would say Aimee & Jaguar...its depressing...its a german movie ...true story...

Mad Debz
09-03-2003, 17:58
Beautiful Thing is one I keep meaning to look for.

oasischuan
10-03-2003, 04:20
Anyone seen 'Tipping the Velvet'? Do you like it? I love it.

For those who don't know, it's a three part TV drama showed on BBC2 last October in the UK. It's about Nancy Astley's life as a lesbian in the 1890s (late Victorian era). A beautifully made costume drama with two hot main characters played by Rachael Stirling and Keeley Hawes. It was very controversial at the time cos it had explicit lesbian sex scenes.

YLuelniaa
10-03-2003, 22:25
I wanted to see that...but I was leaving London when it began airing..err and they haven't shown it on BBC America here....doh

oasischuan
10-03-2003, 22:39
Don't worry! In fact, the DVD and video of Tipping The Velvet were released just one week after being shown on TV! I'm sure you can order it from big online shops. Enjoy!

Ripptyd
11-03-2003, 00:55
But I'm A Cheerleader is definitely the best one I've seen.

It takes the whole idea of homosexual rehabilitation and makes fun of it hilariously. But it also has some messages running deeper throughout it.

Favorite line has to be when they're at a gay bar called the "C*cksucker" and one girl tells the other:
"I'm not supposed to like you...."

It's just a touching part where you can see the main characters struggling with their emotions.

YLuelniaa
11-03-2003, 05:50
heeh, yea that movie was hella funny too...

Charles
18-03-2003, 22:26
Just saw Boy Don't Cry last night. Very good movie, but it will have me depressed for the next week. The movie was enough, but then to find out Brandon/Teena wasn't made up. Some thing just shouldn't ever happen, but do.

KillaQueen
21-03-2003, 02:32
haven't seen that many gay movies... probably just Boys Don't Cry and Fucking Amal... but the first can't even be compared with the second for FA is waaaaaaay much better than the other one with Hillary Swamp *cough* Swank.

idioteque
01-04-2003, 03:31
"but i'm a cheerleader" was AWESOME ....
i loved "heavenly creatures", but i'm biased cause i think kate winslet is the sexiest!
"the broken hearts club" was surprisingly well-made
and if you havent seen "billy's first hollywood screen kiss" check it out, its cute!

parrish122
11-04-2003, 13:30
Two of my favorites are Go Fish, and The Incredibly True Story of Two Girls in Love.

Parrish

BouBou
11-04-2003, 14:17
The only one I've seen on any of your lists was Better than Chocolate... by the end of that movie, I was so mad I had sat through the entire thing... the story line was good... but it did not flow well, and their acting... was lacking seriously...

Are there any "gay/lesbian/bi" movies that are not low budget films? Why aren't there any g/l/b blockbusters yet?... or are there?

rosh
11-04-2003, 14:53
boubou i agree, better than chocolate seriously annoyed me, apart from that shower scene hehe :)

i dont think there are any glb movies which are blockbusters yet, simply movies with glb undertones or side line stories in big movies.

it doesnt seem to be a topic which many big producers/directors/movie studies wish to tackle.

on the other side, whose watched the queer as folk series ? [the us version not the uk]

i find it quite true to life, funny, sad, shocking, realistic, and normal all at the same time.

BouBou
11-04-2003, 15:31
Yep, the shower scene was okay... and even the idea of the body paint... but the playout wasn't all that great.

Queer as Folk-Actually, I caught a couple of episodes of the series... but didn't get to see them in sequential order... I have a friend that has them on DVD, or it may have been the movie...??? hmmm... but what I did see was like very much like real life!

I think they should make the first big blockbuster movie from Willow's book Going Mad.
Have you read this yet? If not, check it out in the creativity section!!

bgirlnikki
11-04-2003, 20:22
I have seen Queer as Folk once, I thought it was ok. All of these shows and movies that you all talk about sound great. But I never seem to watch them due to my being here or on some other forum on the internet!

PowerPuff Grrl
11-04-2003, 22:20
Originally posted by BouBou
Are there any "gay/lesbian/bi" movies that are not low budget films? Why aren't there any g/l/b blockbusters yet?... or are there?

The Hours?
Though I wouldn't really call that a gay movie.
I didn't like it.

pacmangirl
12-04-2003, 07:59
The Hours?
Though I wouldn't really call that a gay movie.
I didn't like it.

I just saw that... it was... depressing and... confusing. I don't understand how the whole gay thing came into the story

"Y Tu Mama Tambien"-good
"Mulholland Dr."-awesome and funky
"Boys Don't Cry"- shocking and will never look at Hillary Swank the same way
"Lost and Delirious"- i thought i was the only one in this whole wide world to see that movie.. my eyebrows were furrowed the whole way through

PowerPuff Grrl
12-04-2003, 22:58
I don't understand how the whole gay thing came into the story

I don't either, it all came out of left field, especially with Virginia Woolf's part.
I mean damn! Who saw that coming!

Anyhoo, am I the only one who thought Nicole Kidamn looked alright with the nose.
I'll even go so far as to say she looked better in The Hours than she did at the Oscars.

angeljas01
13-04-2003, 07:15
You forgot the movie Gia with Angelina Jolie.

Mossopp
14-04-2003, 22:18
'But I'm a Cheerleader' is probably my favourite 'gay' movie cos it's so funny but it's also very poigniant at the same time.
'Bound' is an absolute classic!
'Mulholland Drive' is absolutely amazing!! I think I'm possibly the only person - apart from David Lynch, obviously - who actually understands it. It's a total masterpiece!
I thought 'Fun' was good but I dunno if you can class it as a "gay movie". There was definately something going on between the 2 female leads. Anyone else seen it?
'If These Walls Could Talk 2' was OK but I wouldn't say it was anything special.
'Boys Don't Cry' was amazing! That was such an awesome film - one of the few movies that have actually reduced me to tears.
I thought ' Kissing Jessica Stein' was a bit of a disapointment. It was very funny in places but I thought the "Let's just be friends" ending was a bit of a cop-out.

rosh
15-04-2003, 10:14
gia was depressing as well, altho the angelina jolie eye candy more than made up for it :)

KillaQueen
16-04-2003, 00:48
GIA!!!!!! damn, how did i forget about that one???..... mmmm..... damn, that was a good movie!!!..... and Angelina Jolie like absolutely rocked!!! :done:

Tom Violence
16-04-2003, 00:59
You can't possibly outdo Fucking Еmеl.

But the most recent film I've seen with a gay theme was A Mi Madre Le Gustan Las Mujeres. I watched it yesterday, having ordered it on a whim at Christmas. And it really was rather good, avoiding the triteness and superficiality of many comedies of sexuality. For once, coming out wasn't the cue for a blitzkreig of comedic misunderstandings, zany quips and lame jokes at the expense of gay stereotypes. Thank Christ.

Plus it starred Leonor Watling. Which never hurts.

PoisonousTruth
16-04-2003, 07:12
Two of my favorites are Go Fish, and The Incredibly True Story of Two Girls in Love.

I absolutely loved Go Fish because I'm a huge fan of Guinevere Turner as an actress and writer. I would also recommend The Watermelon Woman, Preaching to the Perverted (Guin is in both), and It's In The Water.

parrish122
16-04-2003, 14:20
Ok Poisonous Truth, I'll have to check those out.

Parrish

skye
16-04-2003, 19:04
Blue Gate Crossing
but it's only famous in Taiwan :(

Ghalib
22-04-2003, 20:12
... Desert Hearts ... :done:

skye
27-04-2003, 08:59
is The Hours a gay movie ?
or Flida? ?

PowerPuff Grrl
30-04-2003, 19:10
This is just a little continuation from a little disagreement Karxwp and I had in the Gay People Talk in Here Without Disturbance in the Acquaintances forum.

Karxwp said;
also it's [Moulin Rouge] from the 1999, you can't compare two things like Chicago & Moulin Rouge...it wll be like comparing Ben Hur with Gladiator

Even so that doesn't excuse it from anything. You can only use time as a factor for tolerating crap from a movie when it comes to special effects. Neither movie used special effects. In fact in the department of set design and cinematography (sp?), Moulin Rouge kicked ass, with Chicago you could actually notice that the movie was shot in a Toronto sound studio rather than believing the movie took place in Chicago during the 20s.

Even so, Moulin Rouge was made like a year and four months ago, you can't possibly say that there has been technological advancements in the past two years. The Matrix, which was done in '99 is still pretty impressive today. Still though, it was only four years ago, and thatis still nothing.

You're right though comparing a movie like Ben Hur to Gladiator is unfair, especially when using a classic to an overrated peice of sh-t like The Gladiator. But that is just my humble opinion.

As for determining which movie is better between Moulin Rouge and Chicago, I will say that really Chicago is just better, plain and simple. The fact that I have not read one single review trashing this movie. Whereas with Moulin Rouge, people either loved it or hated it, and nothing else.

Karxwp also said;
You have two gorgeous people there Nicole Kidman & Ewan Mc Gregor

You are absolutely right. Chicago would have been fantastically super were it not for Rene Zellweger's ultra-anorexic-body-but-disturbingly-gigantic-biceps... shudders.
But you can't completely dismiss Chicago of any eye candy; for whichever hotness factor was lost from Rene's part, Catherine Zeta Jones made up for it. She was absolutely gorgeous in that movie, I am as straight as humanly possible and I would switch teams for her anyday!
Queen Latifah was dazzling in her "show" dress. Lucy Liu and Taye Diggs were also hot, but they were not in the movie long enough to truly appreciate... damnit!

Anyhoo, for anybody wondering what this has to do with gay movies, trust me when I say that Chicago and Ben Hur are gay, gay, gay!!!
The Gladiator has some homoerotic themes.

suchAsurprise
17-05-2003, 16:10
lost and delirious-piper perabo's performance was fantastic!! i loved the idea and the music, everything

russkayatatu
28-05-2003, 12:12
can I say the worst gay movie?

I vote for Chasing Amy . It tried to be profound, but it just wasn't :bebebe: :dead:

Tom Violence
28-05-2003, 14:14
I agree totally about Chasing Amy, I found the sentiment of the film quite horrible. I'd like to think that Kevin Smith didn't mean it, but it really did seem to imply that lesbians are just 'women who haven't found the right man yet'.

And the fact that Alyssa only 'became' a lesbian because some boys had abused her was a problem for me. This isn't to say that sexual assuault is anything other than horrendous - and it clearly does have lasting consequences - but writers must be careful about the way they use it. Because the implication here - and again I doubt it was intended - is that a woman only 'becomes' a lesbian because of bad experience with men.

It's not really helpful to say such things. Not when they become generalisations that suggest that all gay experience is the same. It's as rich and diverse as heterosexuality, in all its confusing forms.

I'm sure some sexually ambigious women have come to favour other women because of bad experiences, but the implied message that homosexuality must 'mutate' out of heterosexuality isn't helpful, because it perpetuates the myth that homosexuality is 'artifical' or 'unnatural'.

I had problems with the kiss between Banky and Holden as well, but it's a long time since I've since the film so I shan't comment on that.

PowerPuff Grrl
28-05-2003, 15:17
Originally posted by russkayatatu
It tried to be profound, but it just wasn't :bebebe: :dead:

You have just described every single Kevin Smith film.

russkayatatu
28-05-2003, 18:37
it was ridiculous that she "turned straight" later, and had that long speech about how, just as before she didn't want to limit herself to men, now she doesn't want to limit herself with being a lesbian and should be open to finding love with anyone.

Or something like that; I haven't seen it in a while either. And don't want to :rolleyes:. It was pretty bad.

russkayatatu
31-05-2003, 15:44
but here are some that deal at least a little bit with homosexual themes (plus they're not bad, I think).

Ma Vie En Rose (in French)
Breaking the Code
Set Me Free (in French)
Nico and Dani (in Spanish)
Happy, Texas (yes, I know this got panned in the reviews, but I think it's pretty good :) )
The Legend of Rita (in German)
Gods and Monsters

And another French movie that I think is called 'Entre Nous', starring Isabelle Huppert and has to do with two women, both married, who become friends and end up deciding to live together.

Ripptyd
31-05-2003, 15:50
I think Chasing Amy would have been better if it was REVERSED.
That she was "straight" and then opened up to being "bisexual."

Ben was a bitch in that movie anyhow. I lurved Jason though. :D

I DO love Kevin Smith movies though. Mostly Dogma. I'm not religious and always have been looking at loop holes in religion and the whole movie just slammed on so much. I found it very intelligent and it's one of my favorites. :D

crni
02-06-2003, 19:32
...but i think that's also the only gay movie i've seen, so...

the only thing i regret is that i've watched the movie yesterday and i've got it for at least two months ;)

P.S. the soundtrack is one of the best i've heard.

Rob
09-06-2003, 00:52
Ahem, hope I'm allowed to take part in this. :)
I watched "F*cking Amal" 'cause Lena mentioned this movie in one interview and I think it was a good movie even though I felt a little bit sorry for Johan. I think the movie has a powerful message and it's quite sensitive in the way the story from especially the blonde girl was told.

And "The birdcage" with Robin Williams is one of my favourite comedys, I love the way they portrayed the conservative senator (the one who dies in this "oh so horrible situation") and the other one played by Gene Hackman.:p

russkayatatu
11-06-2003, 22:21
Ah, Rob, I can't believe I forgot about 'The Birdcage'! That's a wonderful movie :done:

Lux
16-06-2003, 06:27
ive been waiting for it to come out for awhile..and finally at blockbuster, *ahem* a "family" place, has it. i watched it. twice.
artsy, noir, set in france...which means someone dies.
SO good. although they heavily romanticize lesbian love. but damn they do a good job. *dreams*

i can't believe i forgot high art DOI. again, someone dies. and it's artsy. about a girl who realizes shes in love with another girl. ally sheedy is the photographer the confused girl falls for. good movie.

surferchickSD
23-06-2003, 04:59
Does anybody remember "In & Out", the one where Kevin Kline plays the gay high school teacher? Kind of a dumb movie but I thought it was pretty funny when Joan Cusack says "You know how many times I had to watch Funny Lady?!"

Another one is "Frida", not a gay movie, but Salma Hayek and Ashley Judd kinda hook up. Oh yea and another one called " In "Dr. T and the Women" aren't Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler together? I can't remember but I'm pretty sure they are. :dknow:

There's a new semi-gay movie out with Kate Beckinsale called "Laurel Canyon", but my favorite is F*cking Amal, Lukas Moodysson is the best.

Uhaku
23-06-2003, 23:36
imo, Aimee & Jaguar is the best i have seen. along with Heavenly Creatures and Fucking Amal .

recently seen "But I'm a cheerleader". i was disappointed. i think it was pretty badly executed.

As for determining which movie is better between Moulin Rouge and Chicago, I will say that really Chicago is just better, plain and simple. The fact that I have not read one single review trashing this movie. Whereas with Moulin Rouge, people either loved it or hated it, and nothing else.

hmm, i don't know how MR and Chicago came into this thread. but anyway, i gotta say personally, i prefer MR over Chicago.

Chicago has substance, while MR has style and creativity. Chicago the movie is like a copy from broadway, which was why i think it didn't deserve as much praises as it did. While MR uses old songs, but creatively put them together to make something new, refreshing. i think they deserve credits for that. it's undeniably DARING. u r right that ppl either love it, or hate it. but it's not "nothing else". it's really something to be put in that level. it's powerful, imo. ^_^

i don't really let the critics' reviews to affect my opinion of the films. what makes their judgements better than mine? i doubt they ever made a film themselves, or know how hard it is to make one. ^_^

anyway, like Chicago a lot, and love MR to death.

PowerPuff Grrl
24-06-2003, 19:43
Originally posted by uhaku
hmm, i don't know how MR and Chicago came into this thread. but anyway, i gotta say personally, i prefer MR over Chicago.

Chicago has substance, while MR has style and creativity. Chicago the movie is like a copy from broadway, which was why i think it didn't deserve as much praises as it did. While MR uses old songs, but creatively put them together to make something new, refreshing. i think they deserve credits for that. it's undeniably DARING. u r right that ppl either love it, or hate it. but it's not "nothing else". it's really something to be put in that level. it's powerful, imo. ^_^

i don't really let the critics' reviews to affect my opinion of the films. what makes their judgements better than mine? i doubt they ever made a film themselves, or know how hard it is to make one. ^_^

anyway, like Chicago a lot, and love MR to death.

Sorry about that, but that post was my last post in a little dispute that had occured in the Aquaintances forum. It was really off topic there so I decided it put it here since the posters in that thread were recommending some good gay films to watch. These films got thrown into the mix... I guess it was because of the extreme homoeroticism in it.

Anyhoo, about the Moulin Rouge thing when I said "nothing else" I meant that people were hardly ever indifferent towards the movie; i.e. they either loved it or hated it.

And while I do hold some critics opinions in high regard, I agree that their opinions shouldn't ultimately influence anybody's opinions. I learned that when watching Eyes Wide Shut... * shudder.
Nevertheless, a critic shouldn't have to make a film in order to judge it appropriately. They just have to have a really sophisticated and, most importantly, objective taste in films.

Interesting fact:
Did you know Catherine Zeta Jones was supposed to play the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge and Nicole Kidman was supposed to play Velma Kelly in Chicago.
Interesting.

I did know that. :D Whee.

Uhaku
24-06-2003, 20:10
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl

Interesting fact:
Did you know Catherine Zeta Jones was supposed to play the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge and Nicole Kidman was supposed to play Velma Kelly in Chicago.
Interesting.

oh, yes, i know that ^_^. also, Heath Ledger was supposed to take the role of Christian. after watching chicago. i think they made the right choice. Zeta Jones looked scary to be Satine, imo. Lol!

yes, some critics are good, i agree. but i don't always agree with them. ^.^ about "eyes wide shut"..ohhh...emm... -_-'

warx
25-06-2003, 22:54
for those who seen FUCKING AMAL:

i hvnt seen this one... :(

can anyone gve me a synopsis?
sounds like a gud movie....
who's the artist by the way?

crni
25-06-2003, 23:02
i believe this is the best site concerning FA...http://amal.szm.sk/fa2.htm
you can find a lot of info there...

hope it helps ;)

Lux
26-06-2003, 07:56
Bar Girls
Sister my sister is so bizarre. why do ppl in french films always die at the end. i dont get it. the relationship between the two convent sisters is all intriguing as hell. but nevertheless, very anticlimactical [spelling?] ending. im not a sucker for happy endings but this one was just weird.:grustno:

warx
27-06-2003, 00:09
tnx cnri

nath
29-06-2003, 20:48
In old movies:

*La mort а Venise (Death in Venezia) (Morte a Venezia)from Luchino Visconti...
in a lot of Luchino Visconti you have some ambiguous characters ...I don't know english titles but in french "Ludwig ou Le crйpuscule des Dieux", Violence et Passion (Gruppo di famiglia in un interno),Les Damnes (1969).
*My Beautiful Laundrette Director: Stephen Frears.
*Maurice (1987) director: James Ivory with Hugh Grant.
*Querelle(1982) & Les larmes amиres de Petra Von Kant (1972)-->director: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
*"La pirate" (french movie ) director: Jacques Doillon with Jane Birkin
*Je t'aime mon non plus Director: Serge Gainsbourg with Jane Birkin
*The Berlin Affair (1985)Director: Liliana Cavani with Gudrun Landgrebe & Mio Takaki
and a movie I love : *"Une journйe particuliиre" (Una Giornata Particolare) director:Ettore Scola with Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni
*Garзon d’honneur (Taiwan) 1993. Director: Ang Lee
*Pourquoi pas moi? a french movie 199?-200?
*Gazon maudit director: josiane balasko with Victoria Abril & Josiane Balasko
A lot of Pasolini movies

And a beautiful movie, not about homosexuality but about a deep friendship between two women : "Julia" (1977) director:Fred Zinnemann with Jane Fonda & Vanessa Redgrave

Veritas
15-07-2003, 15:21
It's pretty much your cliche movie, although this was the complexity of three stories in one (almost like "If these walls could talk") and I just found it closer to truth than many out there like to admit.

karxwp
15-07-2003, 22:47
best gay movies....mm let me think:

Better than chocolate
Fucking Amal
Kissing Jessica Stain
The lost and delirious (although in the middle it started to suck sooo badly)

those are my favs....

ypsidan04
16-07-2003, 22:43
It's got to be The Birdcage. That's a real good movie. Very funny.

protoman2k1
20-07-2003, 04:29
has anyone seen the fluffer? it was playing the other day on showtime and I only saw the end..

nath
21-07-2003, 20:15
"Better than chocolate" isn't a cuban movie Karxwp?
The last time , I was looking for this title..in french, I think it's "Vanille Chocolat"..but I'm not yet sure...I saw it and I liked it...

PowerPuff Grrl
22-07-2003, 20:11
Originally posted by nathalie
"Better than chocolate" isn't a cuban movie Karxwp?

If so then those two actresses have got to be the whitest Cubans I have ever seen, if you don't mind me saying. :p
I think it's Canadian.

nath
22-07-2003, 20:33
Thank you PowerPuffGrrrl...my movie was with men in Cuba...the date of the movie is near 1994-1995...i don't remember..thanks again

I've found! it was not "vanilla" but "strawberry"..
Fraise et chocolat (Fresa y Chocolate)
Film cubain (1993). Comйdie dramatique. Durйe : 1h 51mn.
Avec Jorge Perugorria, Vladimir Cruz, Mirta Ibarra, Francisco Gattorno, Joel Angelino
Rйalisй par Tomas Gutierrez Alea, Juan Carlos Tabio

febrika
23-07-2003, 04:57
philadelphia :done:

good one !

skye
25-07-2003, 13:22
Originally posted by Rob
Ahem, hope I'm allowed to take part in this. :)
I watched "F*cking Amal" 'cause Lena mentioned this movie in one interview and I think it was a good movie even though I felt a little bit sorry for Johan.

Really? in which interview :confused: And what did she say about the movie :confused:
I wish there would be one director ask Yulia and Lena to be the principals of a gay movie :p

Fiva
26-07-2003, 17:48
Hmm...before tATu i wasnt interested in such movies, but after they'd appeared I watched couple of films on this theme. IMHO, SML\FA is a simple drama with nothing interesting. I think KRAMPACK(2001, Spain ) is :cool: and Talanted Mr. Riply is good one :lol: :D

Mossopp
02-08-2003, 21:17
Quite a few people have mentioned 'Show Me Love' and 'Aimee Et Jaguar' in this topic.
In case anyone who hasn't yet seen either of these is interested, both are gonna be shown on BBC4 - in the UK- on Sunday night (3rd August). 'Show Me Love' starts at 9.40pm and 'Aimee Et Jaguar' follows at 11.05pm.

Tom Violence
02-08-2003, 22:22
I'll have my video ready. I've seen Fucking Еmеl before, but it never hurts to see that film again. Aimйe & Jaguar will be new to me.

skye
03-08-2003, 06:30
Because "fucking amal" has no VHS or vcd(dvd) here....I can't find the film to rent here :(

LenochkaO
05-08-2003, 08:44
Originally posted by surferchickSD
Does anybody remember "In & Out", the one where Kevin Kline plays the gay high school teacher? Kind of a dumb movie but I thought it was pretty funny when Joan Cusack says "You know how many times I had to watch Funny Lady?!"

I love "In & Out" - hilarious! And I'd never found Tom Selleck sexy before that - losing the 'tache was a good move :)

F*cking Amal I really liked.

Thought the sex scene between Linus Roache and Robert Carlisle in Priest was really hot!

But my favourite gay film of all time is The Wedding Banquet, directed by Ang Lee. It's just beautiful...

Rob
08-08-2003, 22:45
There's a german production called "Die Konkurentin", with 2 well-known german actresses. I saw it on TV some time ago, and it was fun to watch, but I don't know if this was ever shown in movie-theatres, therefore I don't know an english title.

skye
17-08-2003, 18:08
I made two gif files for who have ever watched 'If These Walls Could Talk 2'
here you go (http://home.pchome.com.tw/love/albus0203/aaa.gif)
and still one (http://home.pchome.com.tw/love/albus0203/asdf.gif)
you could see many funny scenes :coctail:

taty994945
28-08-2003, 12:13
Fucking Amal is definately the best movie i've seen thusfar

qbee
31-08-2003, 11:49
Originally posted by skye
Because "fucking amal" has no VHS or vcd(dvd) here....I can't find the film to rent here :(

I saw this "fucking amal" vcd is selling in "kuang hwa shang chang", taipei. Get it there! There is alot of gay movies are selling in that mall!

skye
03-09-2003, 17:49
qbee, thanks for the information :rose: but it's toooo far from the place I live... I live in Taichung and I have to work everyday :(

ariana005
05-09-2003, 03:24
I just finished watching the movie "Lost and Delirious". All have to say is wow! it made me cry....Great Movie... i recomend it.

taty994945
05-09-2003, 08:47
hmmm i want to watch lost and delirious....heard its quite similar to show me love

t.a.t.u_n1_fan
07-10-2003, 20:27
hmm well i saw this movie on hbo once but i forget what its called any who its about this girl that has this bf blah blah and she has to go to this school for lesbians and she tells them she isnt one and then she meets this girl there and yea lol so she stays there and umm yea its a good movie if i could remember what its called lol ;)

PowerPuff Grrl
08-10-2003, 11:34
t.a.t.u_n1_fan, it kinda sounds like you're talking about But I'm A Cheerleader. Never watched it myself, though I heard it was funny.

hmmm i want to watch lost and delirious....heard its quite similar to show me love

taty994945, I've seen both and I can assure you they aren't similar. For one thing Show Me Love is better. I can't point any other similarities oter than the fact that they're both lesbian movies.

rachelc
08-10-2003, 12:51
I'd definitely go for Beautiful Thing, which nobody has mentioned so far (apart from Debz who'd like to see it, but hasn't). It was actually quite neglected by the critics when it was released about seven years ago, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I wept at the ending, it really is touching. I also enjoyed the fact that it's set in a working-class London milieu - one which rang very true to me. So try to find Beautiful Thing everyone - I honestly think it's better than Show Me Love.

taty994945
12-10-2003, 11:14
lost and delirious is gonna be on tv this saturday so i might watch it. :)

russkayatatu
02-11-2003, 03:55
'Bound' is an absolute classic !!

Desert Hearts :done:
Bound
Show me love ( F*cking Amal)

This is kind of off-topic, but I thought it was funny: when I searched for this movie Bound I got the strangest responses - adding 'gay' and 'lesbian' did not help much either :lol: ;)

I did find it eventually; I haven't seen it though - maybe I will soon :done: ;)

QueenBee
02-11-2003, 04:45
Man, I haven't seen any of these movies.. :bum: Not even Show Me Love/Fucking Еmеl.

Mossopp
02-11-2003, 14:59
I thought 'Show Me Love' was overrated. I suppose it's a nice enough movie but some things just didn't tie-up. Maybe my hopes for it were too high.
Queenbee - you have to see 'Bound', it's fantastic! In fact, I think I'll get myself a slice of pizza and go'n watch it right now. :D

QueenBee
02-11-2003, 15:13
Mossopp, I would rent it, but... I NEVER rent movies on my own, it's just impossible for me. And if I would rent a gay movie with my friends they'd go "Huh? First Tatu, now this..." :spy:

Mossopp
02-11-2003, 15:30
Dunno if you'd be allowed to rent 'Bound' - it's rated 18 in this country. :D
I taped it off the TV so I didn't have the embarrassment of asking for it at the video store!

smilie faces
05-11-2003, 07:48
Ok people.. just a couple of days ago I rented
"La Virgen de los Cicarios" english name --> "Our Lady of the Assassins" itґs a Colombian movie

actually I had no idea what was it about but I keept hearing it was good.. so I went and rented it.. itґs awesome!!! I mean !! sooooo wicked..!

I didnґt even knew it touched gay topics, but the plot is basically this Gay writer who keeps falling in love with street kids who belong to gangs and stuff... everytime some else is rude to the writer.. his lovers kill the person who insulted or threathened him.. and the kids are really devoted to a Virgin, tought I donґt rember which one was it..

It was not Virgin Mary though (catholics you can butt in here for this one).. the thing is.. because of that .. it is named "our lady of the assassins"... i didnґt like the end though.. just go get it..

peace out..! :done:

teeny
05-11-2003, 16:01
Originally posted by russkayatatu
This is kind of off-topic, but I thought it was funny: when I searched for this movie Bound I got the strangest responses - adding 'gay' and 'lesbian' did not help much either :lol: ;)

I did find it eventually; I haven't seen it though - maybe I will soon :done: ;)

Next time search at www.imdb.com first:) should limit the result a lot..
I've seen it. It was quite ok :)

kishkash
05-11-2003, 16:39
WHOAH! never saw this movie...but im interested now!

Has Jessica Parй in it...go Canadians GO! :D

teeny
05-11-2003, 16:46
Lol.. you had me wondering there for a moment, kish
I sure couldn't remember Jessica Parй starring in Bound.. :rolleyes:
I haven't seen Lost and Delirious though.

kishkash
05-11-2003, 19:43
tee hee...i meant for Lost & Delirious :D

she's also in a spoof of Indian Movies called Hollywood/Bollywood :p

Rob
08-11-2003, 03:16
Originally posted by LenochkaO
But my favourite gay film of all time is The Wedding Banquet, directed by Ang Lee. It's just beautiful...
That's a good movie, dealing with the problems of cultural background and its traditions. But still funny in a very realistic way.

Uhaku
13-11-2003, 09:02
Tipping the Velvet - I know this is only a TV series, and I had seen the first two parts only. But I think it's a really good story. I got to see it at Chicago Gay & Les film fest. And I decided to buy DVD now. ^_^

shizzo
13-11-2003, 23:01
My pick isn't actually a movie, but instead a documentary filmed
in Rome. It's called "Devil in the Holy Water", and it depicts a
clash between two organizations : an annual Gay-Pride parade
and the Jubilee pilgrimage, two events to be held in Rome at
the same time. What makes this documentary stand out in the
genre is that it gives both subjective and objective views of the
conflict between the Church and its stance on homosexuality
via interviews and conversations with both Catholics who are
there for the Jubilee and also with homosexuals who've gathered
for the parade. It's really one of the most thought-provoking
documentaries I've come across.

Info about it can be found here (http://www.compassproductions.ca/devil/).

// Loki

Rob
15-11-2003, 20:32
Did anybody mention the movie "Fire"? A movie dealing with homosexuality in India. I saw it once in the university-theatre - absolutely recommandable. (Also a great soundtrack, but I couldn't get it anywhere.)
Link: http://www.datalounge.com/datalounge/news/record.html?record=3717

Lux
16-11-2003, 00:30
Rob - saw Fire the past summer. i really liked it! i like movies that are subtle. too bad it's banned in India. :none:

Aeon
24-11-2003, 00:59
My favs include:
Show Me Love
Lost & Delirious
Fire
But I'm a cheerleader
Mulholland Dr.
Gia
Desert Hearts (must see classic)
When Night Is Falling
All over me