PDA

View Full Version : The Veronicas

fanoff
18-09-2009, 18:58
As we all know they co-wrote AAU for t.A.T.u. and I just listened to their first album "The Secret Life Of..." and I think it's amazing. I think you guys should have a listen if you didn't do it before.

fanoff
18-09-2009, 20:41
I liike all the songs from "The Secret Life Of..." but my favourites are "4ever" and "I Could Get Used To This".Come on people what do you think about these twins?

AshMcAuliffe
18-09-2009, 20:59
Their first album is fantastic!! "Everything I'm Not" is my favourite track. Also, listen to 4Ever and Pink's U and Ur Hand and they are exactly the same but in a completely different key. That is because Dr. Luke co-wrote both songs :D
But
The second album sucks. Bar from the title track it's all just forgettable. A major disappointment. :/

fanoff
18-09-2009, 21:55
Their first album is fantastic!! "Everything I'm Not" is my favourite track.

Yeah it's nice and "When It All Falls Apart" is awesome too!I listened to Pink's that song but didn't get my attention because Pink's style is not for me.

But
The second album sucks. Bar from the title track it's all just forgettable. A major disappointment. :/

Aw,I didn't listen to their second album but I had expectations:)

AshMcAuliffe
18-09-2009, 23:38
Yeah it's nice and "When It All Falls Apart" is awesome too!I listened to Pink's that song but didn't get my attention because Pink's style is not for me.

Pink is not for me either. I like her Missundaztood album but that is all.

Aw,I didn't listen to their second album but I had expectations
You might like it. It's just too polished and... dare i say it... slutty for my liking :lol:
It's a sellout record for sure. They've ditched all the good things from the first album in order to please the masses and the result is sounding like every other female electropop act.

Endri
19-09-2009, 04:41
Pink's style is for me and the only Veronicas' song I know is 4Ever mixed with Pink's U+Ur Hand. :gigi:

thegurgi
19-09-2009, 09:27
It's a sellout record for sure. They've ditched all the good things from the first album in order to please the masses and the result is sounding like every other female electropop act.
i disagree here. i could barely listen to their first album. it all felt like some generic pop album that could've been sung better by kelly clarkson (or some other pop singer, but kelly's good - i think - maybe cause i voted for her before she was popular, hahaha). I felt the songs had poorly constructed melodies and just nothing interesting beyond the singles. the second album had more energy, interesting textures, good synths, harmonies and melodies. of course we're talking about a pop album and not a masterpiece but i definitely enjoyed their second better than their first. hook me up, untouched, can't stay away, this love ... in my opinion are solid songs once i get over the strange thing that occurs when the girls sing in unison ... but i still liked it better. just my opinion, but wanted to state it. to each their own.

wow... i do NOT remember posting this. and of all things i choose to do while blacked out... i defend the veronica's second album?! that's hysterical! hahaha

fanoff
19-09-2009, 12:06
I listened half of the second album and my opinion is: their sound became more mature,in lyrics and music.It's like the t.A.T.u. way,they got more electronic in the second album instead t.A.T.u. did it the opposite.Both albums are good to me:)It needs time which one I'll like and listen more.

fanoff
19-09-2009, 21:38
I litened both albums and they're both great imho.I want to make a top ten from both album's songs without a specific order,so let's see:d

4Ever
Everything I'm Not
I Could Get Used To This
Leave Me Alone
Revolution
When It Falls Apart
Untouched
Hook Me Up
I Can't Stay Away
Take Me On The Floor

Seems like I'm fan of the first album more,but second album needs more time to grow on me:)

AshMcAuliffe
19-09-2009, 22:26
Heavily Broken is also a great song :)

mulder
19-09-2009, 23:02
Appearance on GMTV (Breakfast TV for those outside the UK) performing Untouched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlugFk71dsM

fanoff
22-09-2009, 21:03
This is the veronicas' description on hmv.com, and purely shows why I love them:)

On their second full-length album, 2009's HOOK ME UP, Australian twin sisters Jessica and Lisa Origliasso (aka the Veronicas) present an energetic set of techno-rock. Standout tracks on this keyboard-driven affair, which often recalls the synth-pop sound of the Russian act T.A.T.U., include the hedonistic title tune and the pulsing, industrial-tinged number "This Is How It Feels."

In "Take Me On The Floor" when they scream "I wanna kiss a girl", back sound is totaally taken from ATTSS:D

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2009, 13:59
They did a set on TV the other night and the vocals were so terribly off key. The interview was awful too as all they wanted to talk about was their clothes and making negative comments about as many other artists as they could. :/
It all made me very sad and disappointed.

Argos
08-10-2009, 15:46
They did a set on TV the other night and the vocals were so terribly off key. The interview was awful too as all they wanted to talk about was their clothes and making negative comments about as many other artists as they could. :/
It all made me very sad and disappointed.
We are talking about the Veronicas, not about tatu, right? :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2009, 16:16
Yup... The Veronicas... The Australian t.A.T.u. (apparently) :laugh: :)

vainilla
12-11-2009, 15:48
Well.. I loove the last album from The Veronicas! I think is very catchy hehe.. I think they have a great look and they've changed a lot from what they started. I don't think that they are the australian Tatu... but if so, i don't care.. i just love some of their songs.. =P