PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Codecs

crazy malchik
21-12-2008, 13:52
So, I've got the regular Windows Vista, nothing spectacular, and I've got digital camera - HP Photosmart R837. The thing is, everytime I try to play a video from my camera or want to edit the videos on my computer, it isn't allowed due to the "absence" of codec(s). Apparently, I need one codec so it can be played and stuff. I have got most of the other codecs, but this one... nope. Can someone help me please?! What am I actually looking for?

Argos
21-12-2008, 16:30
So, I've got the regular Windows Vista, nothing spectacular, and I've got digital camera - HP Photosmart R837. The thing is, everytime I try to play a video from my camera or want to edit the videos on my computer, it isn't allowed due to the "absence" of codec(s). Apparently, I need one codec so it can be played and stuff. I have got most of the other codecs, but this one... nope. Can someone help me please?! What am I actually looking for?
You need to know exactly the codecs used by your camera. You may install Media Coder (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/mediacoder.htm), which should provide you with the information about the codecs used. Additionally it has a built in player, which can manage even hard to crack cases, and you can re-encode into other formats, which can be read by your multimedia software.

If you don't want to install that app, you could upload a short video, and I'll look what I can do!

crazy malchik
22-12-2008, 22:54
Thank ya', Argos, I'll see what I can do... Anyway, if I don't manage anything of this, I'll upload you a vid. ;)

Cats_In_The_Hat
22-12-2008, 23:35
filehippo.com
Type codec in the search bar - you'll find whatever you need. I recommend the K-Lite Codec Pack. Works great and is relatively small. :coctail:

Endri
25-01-2009, 22:41
You can use VLC to play videos. It opens quite every video format.

mishu86
26-01-2009, 17:21
The video from the camera, what type it is??? ex. avi,mpg,mpg2 etc.