PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009 (Russia)

Pages : [1] 2

fanoff
06-12-2008, 16:16
The contest will take part in Moscow-thanks to Dima Bilan-,any Russsian fans planning to go?.A few artist has been chosen so far.

Greece-Sakis Rouvas
Netherlands-De Toppers
Turkey-Hadise

Write what's gong on in your country here.

COMMAFANATKA93
06-12-2008, 16:55
Will there be any Russian artists chosen?

AshMcAuliffe
07-12-2008, 14:07
Just so that you guys know the Eurovision song 'contest' has claimed one of it's biggest victims. Britain's commentator (and a legend) Sir Terry Wogan has quit doing the commentary thanks to the contest no longer being a fair contest. Any of you who live in a country that block votes for your neighbours should be appalled that it is allowed to happen. It's about time that they got a judging panel back involved in this. It's a contest that's meant to be about songs and music NOT about politics.

Argos
07-12-2008, 14:55
Just so that you guys know the Eurovision song 'contest' has claimed one of it's biggest victims. Britain's commentator (and a legend) Sir Terry Wogan has quit doing the commentary thanks to the contest no longer being a fair contest. Any of you who live in a country that block votes for your neighbours should be appalled that it is allowed to happen. It's about time that they got a judging panel back involved in this. It's a contest that's meant to be about songs and music NOT about politics.
What a hilarious self-pity! UK was last because they fully deserved it, the western countries were those, who voted most 'politically' from all regions. In the end it's the choice of the people who voted in the various countries, who decided the ranking. But we could change the rules, so that eastern countries can only vote western countries, but western countries can vote even their own country - and I bet, we still will have eastern winners, because what the western countries presented, is simply atrocity!

mulder
07-12-2008, 17:43
It had come to the point that Terry could predict, with a fair certainty, who was going to give 12 points to whom, both East and West and I think he realised that the fun had gone out of it, at least for him.

Rumours were he had a crate of Baileys in the commentory box, which he would consume as the night wore on, resulting in ever stranger comments over the course of the programme. Apparently, over the last couple of years, he had allegedly started on the Baileys before he even went on air.

It is a shame, as his comments made the contest vaguely watchable and Graham Norton is no substitute and is likely to replace wit with vulgarity.

AshMcAuliffe
07-12-2008, 18:10
What a hilarious self-pity! UK was last because they fully deserved it, the western countries were those, who voted most 'politically' from all regions. In the end it's the choice of the people who voted in the various countries, who decided the ranking. But we could change the rules, so that eastern countries can only vote western countries, but western countries can vote even their own country - and I bet, we still will have eastern winners, because what the western countries presented, is simply atrocity!

Whatever... Self-pity?? The UK has had some pretty shite entries and i agree with that. Russia winning this year was ALL political because of their 'new' carbon-copy Putin-alike president. Let's Russia so they'll be nice to us. Like that every year. At least the Western countries have a fairer attitude to what music is and have a musical spirit not a political spirit. The western countries voting politically? DON't MAKE ME LAUGH!

Argos
07-12-2008, 19:12
Whatever... Self-pity?? The UK has had some pretty shite entries and i agree with that. Russia winning this year was ALL political because of their 'new' carbon-copy Putin-alike president. Let's Russia so they'll be nice to us. Like that every year. At least the Western countries have a fairer attitude to what music is and have a musical spirit not a political spirit. The western countries voting politically? DON't MAKE ME LAUGH!
Check the vote statistics, then talk about the results! These British rants against all the others, when they lose, are simply pathetic!!!

dradeel
07-12-2008, 20:06
Sir Terry Wogan has quit doing the commentary thanks to the contest no longer being a fair contest. Any of you who live in a country that block votes for your neighbours should be appalled that it is allowed to happen. It's about time that they got a judging panel back involved in this. It's a contest that's meant to be about songs and music NOT about politics.It's showbiz and entertainment, that's what it is.

There have always been countries that vote for neighbouring countries and such, and western countries have been the worst, but more than (or being in addition to) it being political I believe it's also cultural and psychological. Take my country and my neighbouring countries: Scandinavian countries have been the biggest neighbour-voters throughout history. Denmark, Sweden, Norway and partly Iceland and Finland have always given eachother alotta points, even though no other countries would (who do you think would give Norway points when we stood last with 0 points? Yes, Sweden would give us 1 point, even though we would never deserve it!).

The reason would be that people have similar taste in music in similar countries culturally + we tend to look to ourselves first, instead of out on others, when looking for a good song to vote on. It's the same with the south european countries, and now with the east european countries. It's perfectly natural ... and it's perfectly okay. It wouldn't bug me even if all the votings were rigged and there was a secret pannel of people running Eurovision that decided who were gonna win every year based on popularity strategy. It's totally okay, cause it's strictly entertainment and showbiz. Fair competition? I don't think that ever existed in Eurovision. ;)

fanoff
07-12-2008, 20:47
Eurovision has always been political,not for 5 years since the beginning.What,how come Greek people like Cypriot song best every year(same for the opposite)?Don't they sometimes send bad songs?Or do you think countries like France,Belgium and the Netherlands always give high points to Turkey and Armenia,if the immigrants don't vote for them?Being unpolitical is just an excuse,not a true reason.After all,the voting system is changing this year in the final.50% televote and 50% back-up jury will affect the results.

Don't ask for logic when it comes to Eurovision.

AshMcAuliffe
07-12-2008, 21:43
I'm not asking for logic... i'm asking for a fun yet fair competition.

Argos
07-12-2008, 22:19
Take my country and my neighbouring countries: Scandinavian countries have been the biggest neighbour-voters throughout history...
Called smartness! I help you and you help me. Political? Yes, political intelligence.
The reason would be that people have similar taste in music in similar countries culturally
The main factor, but not always. Romania, though culturally connected with their neighbours, suffers regularly from 'enemy' votings, their neighbours only rarely give them points.
...and now with the east european countries.
There are about 10 to 12 countries, which were former parts of the Soviet Union, with big Russian minorities, who have the possibility to vote for their own country. That was known before countries like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbeidjan, which are not part of Europe, have been accepted in the club. To whine now that the Russians won because of this, that's simply stupid. By the way, if you subtract all the neighbour/region/culture votings, Russia would have won too, and not even narrowly. It proves again and again: if the victory is clear, then neighbour voting didn't play a big role.
Or do you think countries like France,Belgium and the Netherlands always give high points to Turkey and Armenia,if the immigrants don't vote for them?
Another important point. Immigrants and guest workers, who have naturally a strong bond to their home country, vote eagerly for their home country, while in the western countries there is big lack of interest because of bad quality songs and competitors and the 'guest voters' therefore are in majority. Competitive acts and proper promotion would considerably reduce the current bias.
...in the final.50% televote and 50% back-up jury will affect the results.
This will finally bring policy into the contest.

fanoff
07-12-2008, 22:22
i'm asking for a fun yet fair competition.

It's already fun like this,but it'll be more fun when countries (like the UK)send better songs.And it's quite fair,the winners for last couple of years all deserved victory(yeah,Russia deserved it this year),were you expecting the UK to win with songs like the child rap "Teenage Life" or one of the worst clichés "Flying The Flag"?

AshMcAuliffe
07-12-2008, 22:28
Like i have previously said the UK entries have been pitiful... and i am not even going to try defending this country's choice of song.

fanoff
07-12-2008, 22:38
By the way it was officially announced by BBC that this year's song will be composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber,who is responsible for Madonna's big hit Don't cry for Me Argentina.

Argos
07-12-2008, 22:49
By the way it was officially announced by BBC that this year's song will be composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber
A musical composer? Well, at least someone who knows to write music. Now we want somebody who can present him/herself (and the country of course :) )

AshMcAuliffe
07-12-2008, 23:08
By the way it was officially announced by BBC that this year's song will be composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber,who is responsible for Madonna's big hit Don't cry for Me Argentina.

We still won't have a chance... lol

Endri
22-12-2008, 10:19
Albania has officially chosen the represantative in ESC 2009, yesterday.
It's the 16-year-old Kejsi Tola with her song "Me Merr ne Enderr" (Take me in Your Dreams)
Here (http://www.mesohu.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2270&d=1229880947) you can find a low-quality mp3 of the live version of her song-

fanoff
01-01-2009, 01:14
In the very first 3 minutes of the new year,the entry for Turkey was on air.The title wasn't announced weirdly but I think its name is Crazy For You or Dum Tek Tek or together :D .It's pure ethnic,and sounds like a very first demo!I expected something more modern from Hadise(the singer),but no wonder her show and sexy movements will get quiet a lotof votes from the jury and televoters:P

Here's the song: http://www.dosya.tc/Hadise-D_mTekTek.mp3.html

fanoff
12-01-2009, 11:19
Our song has already been a smash hit in here!Everybody is going düm tek tek!Did you hear the song?I wanna have your opinions on it.

Argos
12-01-2009, 12:31
Did you hear the song?I wanna have your opinions on it.
It sounds good, but there isn't much variation. For chart success it's definitely well done, simple and repetitive with memorable vocals and instrumentation. After some listens it gets stuck in your head. But Eurovision is different. People hear it once or twice and then have to decide. Will need an interesting performance to succeed, I guess, but let's see if the competitors can produce something better.

crazy malchik
12-01-2009, 16:25
Turkey always has a great song.

fanoff
13-01-2009, 20:00
Thanks guys,I needed them.

mulder
31-01-2009, 22:31
The UK has chosen it's song - Jade Ewen singing "My Time". Lyrics by Diane Warren (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Warren) and music by Andrew Llloyd Webber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lloyd_Webber).

Watch it here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oYukI9bTlvc).

Argos
31-01-2009, 22:52
The UK has chosen it's song - Jade Ewen singing "My Time". Lyrics by Diane Warren (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Warren) and music by Andrew Llloyd Webber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lloyd_Webber).

Watch it here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oYukI9bTlvc).
Hmmm, did they think about the voters? Most of the voters of the 80's are in the grave now. Well, to die beautifully is still dying...:rolleyes:

mulder
01-02-2009, 00:35
Apparently this is our attempt at sending a serious contender, as opposed to the joke songs we've sent for the last few years. Hard to tell isn't it? :bum:

If this is the best Diane Warren can come up with, it's probably time for her to retire and live off the royalties of her previous songs.

Still, it's nice for everyone else to know that last place has been sorted out so far in advance ;)

fanoff
01-02-2009, 12:26
I like it.

teeny
01-02-2009, 14:30
The danish entry this year
Brinck - Believe Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWzl6q5BPw)

Winkie
01-02-2009, 16:06
Haha we are sending de toppers? Oh my god. We're so gonna lose cuz they suck. Hell, 95% of holland hates 'em because they think they're so great while they're just stupid, attentioncraving, and tiring.
Good luck to everyone who's gonna watch. You'll need it.

fanoff
01-02-2009, 16:47
The danish entry this year
Brinck - Believe Again

Me likes it.Sounds like Backstreet Boys' Just Want You To Know.

Talyubittu
01-02-2009, 20:27
I like the U.K. song, but not Jade Ewen. Her voice struggles a lot in the song. She sounds like some average pop singer trying to be Whitney Houston. She goes off pitch a lot, and sounds like she's struggling to breathe and be able to hit high notes.

Argos
01-02-2009, 20:37
She sounds like some average pop singer trying to be Whitney Houston. She goes off pitch a lot...
She doesn't use autotune like Whitney. :D

AshMcAuliffe
01-02-2009, 20:45
I'm not impressed by Jade... and neither am i by the song.
If the UK does well it will only be because it has Andrew Lloyd Webber's and Diane Warren's names on it... not because it's a good song.
I look forward to the pointing and laughing at the UK yet again come May

fanoff
02-02-2009, 00:48
France has well-known Patricia Kaas representing them and her beautiful song is unconfirmedly announced.2009 goes great.UK,Denmark and now this!Just unbelievable!

S'il fallait le faire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I176aL2dTUw

mulder
02-02-2009, 00:50
Jade is a karaoke singer doing a show tune. If she has a lot of vocal coaching between now and May, she may be competent enough to provide an adequate performance for the UK.

In ye olden days (the early 60's) we could get a well known singer to represent us (Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw or Lulu), but these days no known singer or band in their right mind would represent the UK in the same way as Tatu, Ruslana or Lordi. It would be the kiss of death to their careers.

So we end up with complete unknowns picked by phone vote who will return to their obscure jobs as bin man or shelf stacker by the end of the year, unless they get reallly lucky and end up singing on a cruise ship.

thegurgi
02-02-2009, 06:36
In ye olden days (the early 60's) we could get a well known singer to represent us (Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw or Lulu), but these days no known singer or band in their right mind would represent the UK in the same way as Tatu, Ruslana or Lordi.
to me this is a sad motion, i listen to a lot of british music and i frankly prefer uk music to us music. and it's shame that the uk can't manage to send even more of their less well known (but good) acts to represent them in eurovision cause there's so much, in my opinion, potential, musically, in the uk.

GooZe
02-02-2009, 22:15
Finland's entry:

Waldo's People - Lose Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GS8sOg7-ZY)
The music video for Lose Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybbNQnSPseA)

xmad
02-02-2009, 22:48
Turkey has a great song: I like it alot. "Good luck Turkey"

fanoff
02-02-2009, 22:58
xmad,long time no see?how are you doing?

xmad
02-02-2009, 23:17
fanoff,yeah it's been a long time that I didn visit this site. its nice to see that u still remember me.

GooZe
05-02-2009, 14:46
Very good entries this year!

Turkey has a good one!

And... I'm also glad that our entry doesn't sing in Finnish!
I think most foreigners don't like what Finnish sounds like... :gigi:

dradeel
25-02-2009, 10:06
This weekend were the norwegian eurovision finals, and our winner and contribution for the european finals in Moscow is:
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JRtGMBUz0)

There's been a frenzy in the newspapers and magazines about how amazing this fellow is, and of course everyone are speculating about how he's likely to win. It's always like that everytime someone with a pretty face wins over here... Everyone gets such unecessary high hopes *sigh* Hehehe. But I'll admit, the song is dangerously catchy. I didn't hear any of the alternatives this year, so I couldn't say if this was in my opinion the best one, but it's not a bad one anyways. I'm looking forward to how it'll do :)

fanoff
26-02-2009, 13:19
Fairytale is ultra-catchy man!

Argos
26-02-2009, 18:23
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JRtGMBUz0)
The best so far...
... Everyone gets such unecessary high hopes...
Yes, I prefer to whimper about the lack of chances of my country's entry, too (whenever it unfortunately takes part at the semifinals)! :laugh:

thegurgi
26-02-2009, 19:41
The best so far...
i agree... an early favorite that could take some Belarussian votes away from the East and into Norway (being as the kid is Belarussian). Could be that chance to get a Western Country in the top again.

crazy malchik
28-02-2009, 09:58
I want this song to represent Serbia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemZDT1WCw4 I want it baaadlyyy... :(

I'm sick of ballads, slow-motions, and "going to sleep" songs. Ana is hot and song is catchy... With a nice scene effect, could be interesting. :yes:

On the other hand, there is some puppet, some retard and everyone thinks he's best and stuff, if he wins, I'll die. :dead:

Argos
28-02-2009, 11:11
I want this song to represent Serbia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemZDT1WCw4 I want it baaadlyyy... :(
First: change her stylist
Second: teach her how to perform (I know some close to 60 year old Russian wrinkle faces who can make much more out of the song)
Third: if your qualification mode is phone voting - go take away the phones from the 60+ old frumps, 'cause they'll vote for whining songs (has to do with rheuma, gout, hip diseases and the like...)

crazy malchik
28-02-2009, 16:07
Ya' bitch! That's just a promo vid! :p What about the song?

Anyway, she appeared on national competition in 2006... Didn't win, unfortunately... She had a great song, but sang really bad. And yes, there was a national scandal 'cause we still were Serbia & Montenegro back then... :gigi: She was great, tho :lol:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6600deUPNc (that 1cm of her clothing was stylish back then, Argos :p)

Anyway, I love that Fairytale... :eek: Lyrics are lemme-puke, but it's super! :coctail:

Argos
28-02-2009, 16:31
What about the song?
Do I have to listen to that again? Okay, because it's you!
...which brings us to no.4 - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Anyway, she appeared on national competition in 2006... Didn't win, unfortunately... She had a great song, but sang really bad. And yes, there was a national scandal 'cause we still were Serbia & Montenegro back then... :gigi: She was great, tho :lol:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6600deUPNc (that 1cm of her clothing was stylish back then...
Definitely much better then, in any respect.

crazy malchik
01-03-2009, 10:20
Here it is! This year, Croatia is being represented by Igor Cukrov (Ex-Yu Star Factory finalist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofOPJeL6d8 He was a bit off tune, if you ask me... Song ain't that spectacular. I love his "back vocal" - Andrea, she's really talented (and pretty hot for a boy with a weird taste :p)... Anyway, Andrea tried to be a part of ESC few years ago, and also didn't win (which is a shame, since the song was and is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtOjo3ZkFw) Good luck, Croatia! :coctail:

Argos
01-03-2009, 11:07
This year, Croatia is being represented by Igor Cukrov (Ex-Yu Star Factory finalist): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofOPJeL6d8
It sounded good - for the first 7-8 seconds (that makes a 4 % song :laugh: )
...and I won't comment on your other link...:p

fanoff
01-03-2009, 11:41
Anyway, she appeared on national competition in 2006... Didn't win, unfortunately

I loved Romale Romali :),this is a good song too,I hope she wins this time.

dradeel
01-03-2009, 13:58
Yes, I prefer to whimper about the lack of chances of my country's entry, too (whenever it unfortunately takes part at the semifinals)! :laugh:Hehehe. Well, being a little levelheaded won't make things devastatingly dissappointing when your contribution ends up with 0 or 1 point in the finals, something Norway has experienced a lot of times, and everytime people have been going crazy up to the finals about how we could/should win :p

an early favorite that could take some Belarussian votes away from the East and into Norway (being as the kid is Belarussian). Could be that chance to get a Western Country in the top again.True. I thought only his mum was from Belarus, but seems like he's full blooded Belarussian and lived there till he was 4 years old. Indeed, he could draw some eastern european attention, which any west european country need to win. :)

crazy malchik
01-03-2009, 14:01
I loved Romale Romali :),this is a good song too,I hope she wins this time.

I loved it too :eek: So fuckin much :eek:

Endri
02-03-2009, 13:01
What do you think of the albanian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQdxqQixZc&feature=channel_page) song?

Argos
02-03-2009, 16:55
What do you think of the albanian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQdxqQixZc&feature=channel_page) song?
Was there some glue on the floor? She didn't move an inch during this performance. The sound quality wasn't so good, but the song is ok, not the super song such a small country needs to get into the tops, but it may be enough for the finals. About the lady - hmmmmm - despite her good voice she's a big minus. Hope that many grannies vote!

fanoff
03-03-2009, 01:45
What do you think of the albanian song?

I'm afraid it won't make it to the final.The song is ok but we'll see if it's enough.

Endri
03-03-2009, 15:10
Was there some glue on the floor? Unfortunately, that is a characteristic of the albanian performance. Usually, singers pay attention only to sing correctly and forget about a possible choreography or sth. We always loose points for this.
not the super song such a small country needs to get into the tops, but it may be enough for the finals.We just want to enter to the final, nothing more :p
About the lady - hmmmmm - despite her good voice she's a big minus. Hope that many grannies vote!lol. She's the product of a competition similar to X-Factory or American Idol. 4 of all 6 albanian artists in eurovision are the winners of this competition. Well, she's unexperienced, this is her 1st or 2nd song of her charier.
I'm afraid it won't make it to the final.The song is ok but we'll see if it's enough.We really hope to reach the final. :)

fanoff
03-03-2009, 15:49
Azerbaijan is participating with Arash!And the song is super ethnic!Definately in the top 3!

AySel feat. Arash - Always http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiaHC3dJwdk

Argos
03-03-2009, 18:31
Azerbaijan is participating with Arash!And the song is super ethnic!Definately in the top 3!

Can't help but I simply looooooooooooooooooooooooove Arash, totally ruins my objectivity! :D

fanoff
04-03-2009, 01:52
Do it just like you're objective about t.A.T.u. :lol:

GooZe
06-03-2009, 15:02

I love Arash!

crazy malchik
06-03-2009, 20:08
I loved Albanian song from the last year... Jesus Christ, it was fantastic :eek:

Tomorrow's Beovizija, can't waaait :gigi:

Argos
06-03-2009, 21:17
Tomorrow's Beovizija, can't waaait :gigi:
Tomorrow's Russia's fake final at 20:00 Moscow Time, more than three hours on Channel One, if somebody's interested.

fanoff
06-03-2009, 22:03
Tomorrow's Russia's fake final at 20:00 Moscow Time, more than three hours on Channel One, if somebody's interested

I'll be watching the final tomorrow if I'm available.By the way,Argos,where do you follow these news?

Argos
06-03-2009, 22:07
where do you follow these news?
Just checked the weekend program on Vsyo TV (http://www.vsetv.com/tvprog.php).

FiorE
06-03-2009, 22:19
I wonder who will represent Spain this year, last year was funny, but I saw the finalist and they all suck.

Tomorrow's Russia's fake final at 20:00 Moscow Time, more than three hours on Channel One, if somebody's interested
Argos can you provide the link please?, and I want to know your opinion, who u think is the best or will win for representing russia?:p

Argos
06-03-2009, 22:42
Argos can you provide the link please?, and I want to know your opinion, who u think is the best or will win for representing russia?:p
I fear there is no online link for the show, you need satellite, cable (if provided) or pay iptv (like me).

As for the favourites. I've not listened to even one of the final participants, so I'll let them surprise me, but if I look on the list of the jurymen I can't avoid the feeling that the decision is already made. Among the 11 members there is Yurij Aksyuta, the musical director of Channel One, Larisa Sinel'schikova, the 'owner' of all 'Star Factory' participants (and by the way wife of the boss of Channel One, how convenient! :D) and there are four of the five producers of the 'Star Factory' competitions, Krutoj, Matvienko, Meladze, Fadeev. Channel One has supported the group 'Kvatro' ("Five Stars" competition) and Aleksej Vorob'ev for some time now, but there is a 'Fabrikant' too in the race, Anastasiya Prihod'ko (hot favourite!!! God, she has such a great basso voice! :gigi:). I'd be surprised if the winner won't be one of those acts.

fanoff
06-03-2009, 23:05
Just checked the weekend program on Vsyo TV.

Nope,I mean the news about Eurovision.

I wonder who will represent Spain this year, last year was funny, but I saw the finalist and they all suck.

It's selected,Soraya will represent Spain with La Noche Es Para Mi,I like the song but our song(Düm Tek Tek) is better :p
here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kxdH6yT-8

Argos
06-03-2009, 23:19
Nope,I mean the news about Eurovision.
I use Yandex (the Russian way to google) to look for articles, that's all. By the way I just saw that Meladze resigned as member of the jury, which makes Prihod'ko (chicken of his coop) even more a favourite.
It's selected,Soraya will represent Spain with La Noche Es Para Mi,I like the song but our song(Düm Tek Tek) is better :p
here it is
This year the entries seem to be much better than last year. I won't need to use beans in my ears! :D

crazy malchik
07-03-2009, 09:29
I love this pic! :gigi: http://www.rts.rs/mediaFile/1741/Ana-3.jpg :love:

FiorE
07-03-2009, 15:32
here it is

I hate her, I was hoping melody to be the chosen one, she was better than her, buu, well another 15th place for Spain this year.

so channel One OWNS eurovision russia,:bebebe: I thought I´ll see names like topalov, alsue, this year, last year was lazarev vs bilan.

Channel One has supported the group 'Kvatro' ("Five Stars" competition) .
is this kvatro?, they look like Il Divo, russian version!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNkg-K8OoKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6-u_pMM_k&NR=1

Argos
07-03-2009, 17:09
so channel One OWNS eurovision russia,:bebebe:
Channel One and RTR alternate with each other. This year is Channel One's turn, but it makes no difference. One mafia replaces the other.
I thought I´ll see names like topalov, alsue, this year, last year was lazarev vs bilan.
You'll see artists with which the channel can make big money...and this may bring even Anna Semenovich with her huge tits in the race! *slobber*
is this kvatro?, they look like Il Divo, russian version!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNkg-K8OoKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6-u_pMM_k&NR=1
I know, life can be really cruel. Just hope that we'll hear them only once - today.

fanoff
07-03-2009, 18:04
Just hope that we'll hear them only once - today.

Same here,their song for Eurovision is just horrible.

FiorE
07-03-2009, 21:18
Channel One and RTR alternate with each other. This year is Channel One's turn, but it makes no difference. One mafia replaces the other..
that may be the reason why sergey lazarev said that eurovision wasnt fair last year. I kinda get it!:rolleyes:(I thought he was bitter cause he lost after all ) he mentioned Valerie.

You'll see artists with which the channel can make big money...and this may bring even Anna Semenovich with her huge tits in the race! *slobber*
:lol: :laugh::lol: :laugh::lol: :laugh:

Argos
07-03-2009, 21:32
:lol: :laugh::lol: :laugh::lol: :laugh:
Don't laugh at my expertise. You don't know how close it was...

Well, the Russian tele votes:

1. Anastasiya Prihod'ko - Mamo 25 %
2. Valeriya - Back To Love 14 %
3. "Kvatro" - Lyubov'yu otvechaj 12 %

4. Aleksej Vorob'ev 10 %
5. Anna Semenovich 8 % of the votes.

The expert jury chose then from the first three:

Anastasiya Prihod'ko

robbie
07-03-2009, 21:46
Valeriya - Back To Love

It was sooooo boring.

crazy malchik
07-03-2009, 22:32
I'm really disappointed by Ana's performance... I expected something better... :( Blah, maybe she'll be better tomorrow, on finals... If she gets through semi finals, and I really hope she does! :lol:

Edit: Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0POHOvm1L4

Dancers are such a comedy... Anyway, they had another coreography and everything, and Ana ditched everything on Monday, so we got this shit now! Ok, ok, I'll get through it... But, one source told me OT Band is winning tomorrow...

FiorE
08-03-2009, 00:33
Don't laugh at my expertise. You don't know how close it was...
sorry but those huge tits didnt make it anyways :laugh: (and I see why!)

Well, the Russian tele votes:

1. Anastasiya Prihod'ko - Mamo 25 %

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o636SEHTI0
it`s a good song, and in Russian!!, how come! they didnt go with a song in english as the previous sucessful years, cause it seems that mamo will be the one!, but too slow for my taste, I like the ending when she`s down on the floor the most powerful part of the entire performance :p

2. Valeriya - Back To Love 14 %

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAX845ZuOt0
not bad, she has a good voice, though

3. "Kvatro" - Lyubov'yu otvechaj 12 %

I think nobody actually cared about this one cause there is not link yet, It`s understandable though

5. Anna Semenovich 8 % of the votes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCGoo2Aev8
the sound of the music is ok, kind of arabic, but she ruins it when start to sing, and Your right she has huge tits! :p :laugh:

The expert jury chose then from the first three:

I love your sarcasm haha!!

crazy malchik
08-03-2009, 00:49
She didn't pass. OMG.

Argos
08-03-2009, 01:09
... but she ruins it when start to sing
Well, Anna has many many talents. Singing is not one of them. :p

Nasty Prihod'ko's story of the ESC is a bit strange. She was in the Ukrainian competition, but has been disqualified under mysterious circumstances. She sued the Ukrainian organizers of the contest and it seemed that the Ukraine got in real troubles. At the very last moment, about three days before the Russian contest began, she has been nominated for the final.

Prihod'ko seemed not to be in best form, no wonder with these turbulances. Now the team has two months to make a personality out of this very introverted talent.

About my 'sarcasm'. Not at all - the tele-voting had to determine three nominees from which the jury should choose the winner. With this winning margin in the votings it wouldn't have been easy to designate another winner. Nevertheless, it all looks a bit fishy. Hey, excluding Valeriya, I 'guessed' all the top scoring acts, without hearing even one song. It was sooo predictable...:rolleyes:

FiorE
08-03-2009, 16:39
Nasty Prihod'ko's story of the ESC is a bit strange. She was in the Ukrainian competition, but has been disqualified under mysterious circumstances. She sued the Ukrainian organizers of the contest and it seemed that the Ukraine got in real troubles. At the very last moment, about three days before the Russian contest began, she has been nominated for the final.

I read that she is half ucranian also, so is that fair after all?, she´s not even 100% russian to represent them in their own country as host of the whole contest, I thought they would send the most famous face nowadays, without care about the money channel 1 could gain.

Argos
08-03-2009, 17:29
I read that she is half ucranian also, so is that fair after all?
I didn't know that Ukrainians are so much better that the competition becomes unfair! :laugh: ...although...*thinks*...yes, Ukrainians do it better! :D
I thought they would send the most famous face nowadays, without care about the money channel 1 could gain.
There was only one act with international ambitions, Valeriya, an independent artist (= no money for the channels, labels etc.). All the others need the competition to get better known in Russia. Channel One supports artists who have perspective in the future. There is no more pressure to take the win in ESC, so they can look for a financially promising act.

FiorE
08-03-2009, 20:15
I didn't know that Ukrainians are so much better that the competition becomes unfair! :laugh: ...although...*thinks*...yes, Ukrainians do it better! :D

I was refering that she was for Ukraine first, and seems that russia was a second option, there is not a policy in this constest that says that the singer/band in eurovision must be born in the country they represent :confused: so it´s ok that if one country dumb you, you can go to the other next to yours :p
and seems that people are not that happy at least that guy is spamming the whole place haha!
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?p=2&id=1988

Argos
08-03-2009, 20:48
...and seems that people are not that happy at least that guy is spamming the whole place haha!
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?p=2&id=1988
Many people were shocked that she sang partly in Ukrainian - d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g! No matter how much some people protest, it was the best song, and the considerable lead in the tele-votings showed it clearly. Good luck for her!

Argos
09-03-2009, 22:23
Let's talk about favourites:
Estonia - Urban Symphony - "Raendajad" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29y5bjJ92c) ------> M_A_G_I_C!!!

little_polar_bear
10-03-2009, 20:59
Estonia - Urban Symphony - "Raendajad" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29y5bjJ92c) ------> M_A_G_I_C!!!

Seriously awesome. I'm blown away by the performance and the girl. From the first moment on. Perfect!

EstBoy
10-03-2009, 21:05

Live version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeWLJ7_vAV0

fanoff
10-03-2009, 21:12
Estonia has a brilliant entry this year.

Argos,congrats new admin!

thegurgi
10-03-2009, 21:35
Estonia - Urban Symphony - "Raendajad" ------> M_A_G_I_C!!!
move over norway, this is the new favorite for me. Does this band/chick have an album?

FiorE
10-03-2009, 21:53
Stonia is really good , very good song, but she should do more on stage, after all eurovision is a "show"

Argos
10-03-2009, 22:13
I'm not so sure if it's such a good idea to hold the violin like a ham during the whole performance, just for a few seconds of playing on it. After all we have some other acts this year who show around their fiddles, it might not look very original. A static performance like this could do well if there are lots of close ups, but as Estboy's link shows, it doesn't work so well if the cameras move around.

Everything else - superb!

dradeel
10-03-2009, 22:49
I liked Estonia's song as well. It challenges the norwegian contribution, but they're kinda different songs. The estonian sounds a little sad, while the norwegian is pumped up on happy pills - which I guess makes the estonian contribution come out slightly on top :) ... and I assume she's singing in estonian? Sounds like a nice mix of finnish and russian it seems. I find it really hot actually. Hehe.

But not so sure if it'll get that many votes though. I feel it lacks a certain edge. Might be the performance, which Argos mentioned.

EstBoy
11-03-2009, 08:50
Sandra Nurmsalu (Urban Symphony) - Rändajad lyrics

The Nomads

In the desert heat the sand
Blows like ice-cold snow
Night soon unfurls her wings
Nothing but the wind to escort the nomads

It is the way they wander from one day to the next
It is the way they wander from one life to the next
It is the way it weaves an invisible path
Before them it waits until you are ready to take the risk

and mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?vhlyjifwvzi

and I assume she's singing in estonian? Sounds like a nice mix of finnish and russian it seems.

Indeed :)

Argos
11-03-2009, 23:16
Thank you. Estboy!

The ESC has become a little bit too much political, at least in the far far east. The contribution of Georgia Stephane & 3G "We Don't Wanna Put In" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJXm6fFeUDE) has been found not to comply with the ESC rules (no lyrics, speeches, gestures of political nature are allowed) and decided that the lyrics have to be changed within a week, but the Georgians stated that they won't change, but withdraw from the contest.

Meanwhile there is more information about the Ukrainian disqualification of Anastasiya Prihod'ko and her song in Russian language. The national organizer changed the rules that it's not allowed to sing in Russian language, which is quite strange, because almost 20 % of Ukraine are ethnic Russians and about 75 % of the Ukrainians can speak the Russian language. Furthermore her song is already on CD, which is really funny because her debut CD is not yet released, just printed. In her case it's quite obvious that the 'fight' of the 'Orange parties' against the Russian language is the clear political reason. The participant in the ESC 2009 will be the ex-(3 month)-VIA Gra girl Svitlana Loboda with Be My Valentine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRKLgGgpH3M). Noisy, if you ask me.

The Russian Channel One hurried up with telling that Prihod'ko's participation at the Russian competition became possible because of producer Konstantin Meladze's insistent fight for his artist, which in fact is so not true. The producer didn't even have a song for her, because he couldn't use the one from the Ukrainian qualification. Just a few days ago he composed the new song, wrote the lyrics together with an Estonian lady (usually he never does such things, but in bad times the devil eats flies) and recorded without having all the musicians he needed. Even the back singers he couldn't get in time, so Prihod'ko had to record the back vocals too (which wouldn't be allowed in the international competition, because all vocals have to be live). Two days before the competition the song was ready and Prihod'ko was put on the list. Of course there was no time for proper arrangements, no time for thinking about costumes, choreography or other performance details. The unusually low sound quality of the record and the quite weak performance (compared to usual performances of the artist) is therefore quite understandable. During the waiting for the results she was not only uncooperative towards interviewers, she looked obviously exhausted. After the contest they immediately bagged her and dragged her off. Nastya is 'ill'.

The whole case heavily smells politics. If we listen to Meladze's words - an Ukrainian singer sings the Russian entry partly in Russian and Ukrainian with a Georgian composer (Meladze) and an Estonian lyrics co-writer (Gol'de) - we can assume that Russia wanted to repair a bit what has been damaged politically the last months. They need the votes of their neighbours. Russia as organizer should finish with a good result of course.

Iosif Prigozhin, the producer and husband of Valeriya, speaks openly about manipulation and fraud. He had prepared everything very well and invested much money into the competition , in which Valeriya should not have real opponents and could use the ESC for pushing her international career. Now she has been defeated by a totally unprepared career starter with a hurriedly assembled song in not even demo quality, what a humiliation! But honestly, who can believe that the tele votings were really not manipulated?

fanoff
16-03-2009, 23:05
In the first semi final some choir will take part as interval act and will sing NGGU ! It was also said that t.A.T.u. may be on stage as well!!!! Yaaay I hope this is real!

Endri
16-03-2009, 23:37
In the first semi final some choir will take part as interval act and will sing NGGU ! It was also said that t.A.T.u. may be on stage as well!!!! Yaaay I hope this is real!That's a great news! They should take part. I wonder how will NGGU sound sung by a choir :p

dradeel
17-03-2009, 00:10
I always kinda took it for granted that t.A.T.u. (in some way) would perform... It would seem likely of Russia to wanna show off their most nationally and internationally successful artists, at least. :)

A choir singing NGGU could be interesting. I love when people use famous songs and do a totally different take on them!

fanoff
17-03-2009, 13:05
They must accept if there is an offer for Eurovision!!They are doing nothing in these days and it would be a new start for them since Eurovision 2003 started the process of going down.

spyretto
17-03-2009, 19:44
Shocking level this year with some of the songs. Only ones who are trying a bit are the Scandinavians ( with Norway and Sweden ) and the rest is pretty horrid. The big 4 are a joke again
( especially the UK with that X-Factor inspired crap, what are they thinking that Europe is keen on that? pleeeease ) But I've no idea what Kaas was thinking either.
Too much ethnic sleaze from Turkey, is she gonna sing on her underpants? That wimp Sakis is at it again, didn't he have enough the first time?
In fact my ears are hurting trying to listen to some of those entries, so I guess I'll try again later.

Oh well, lets hope it's going to be campiest than ever before, that's all that's left now from eurovision. Even Wogan had enough. It's a circus, not a song contest.

Endri
18-03-2009, 20:53
The final version of the albanian song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1mQR1TgAbo :D
What a silly video clip, though :bum:

uykusuz
19-03-2009, 16:39
Video of Live Performance of Hadise (Düm Tek Tek / Turkey) in Belgium. (http://www.hadiseweb.com/videolar/hadise-belcika-canli-dum-tek-tek-performansi.html)

Well. I didn't like the song, maybe that's because I don't like this girl but the rhytm is like another stolen one from Arabs. Also, I think she sucked at this live-performance (hope she will perform like this in the contest), her sound sucks and she is nothing without vocalists..Anyway.. I don't also understand why they perform in English.. If you ask it to them, they will asnwer like "Oh, Then, People wont understand us.", But on the other hand, most Turks dont even understand a word from this song.. She is still better than our horrible 2005, 2006, and 2007 entries, and most probably will finish in Top 5, but still as I said I didn't like the song, and I really hope that this song won't even see the final. Then maybe people will stop playing this song EVERYWHERE.

I also dont understand this Big-4 thing.. On a local newspaper I saw Turkey will be among these "bigs" in some year (the year that Turkey will be a EU member probably (: ) Anyone know something about that?

spyretto
19-03-2009, 18:23
Do you guys like Norway's song or is it too folky or too "Russian" for you. I think it's a great song considering it's ESC. It should either win or get second if something else is more striking on the night.
It's already favourite with the bookmakers.

Argos
19-03-2009, 19:22
Do you guys like Norway's song or is it too folky or too "Russian" for you. I think it's a great song considering it's ESC. It should either win or get second if something else is more striking on the night.
It's already favourite with the bookmakers.
Hi Spyros, long wintersleep - nice to have you here again!

Well, Norway and Estonia, that's the ones I really looove, but I like Russia's and Turkey's entry too. Wish them all much success!

GooZe
20-03-2009, 00:13
I don't want to be selfish, but I like our song, Waldo's People - Lose Control... Hmm
because I really like electronic music/dance music and I used to be a fan of Waldo's People since 90's.
It's not about just this song!

spyretto
20-03-2009, 22:47
Hi Spyros, long wintersleep - nice to have you here again!

Well, Norway and Estonia, that's the ones I really looove, but I like Russia's and Turkey's entry too. Wish them all much success!

Hi there, nice to see you'ree still around too, Eurovision fan ;)
Estonia with a girls band, a little bit weird? I didn't have a chance to listen to it more than once but I wanted to write about that too. I'll listen to it again. Yes, it sounded interesting
Also hope that the girl who sung a Greek song at the Swedish Melodifestivalen final gets to represent us next year. Her song is about 10 times better than Sakis'. But it'd be almost impossible to make it for Sweden. ERT are such stubborn people but hopefully they get the message. This time they decided it was gonna be Sakis bitch from the start. At least last time there were 3 contestants.
Unless she doesn't want to do it anymore cause the song charted in Sweden this week at #26 and it's expected to do well in Greece too. And she sings it in flawless Greek ( while we have to send Sakis with his broken English :rolleyes: )

I don't want to be selfish, but I like our song, Waldo's People - Lose Control... Hmm
because I really like electronic music/dance music and I used to be a fan of Waldo's People since 90's.
It's not about just this song!

Yes, it's not bad, it's got the 90's feel of those bands that were successful at the time.
Yes Estonia is really good - and it's not in English. Probably the best two songs this and Norway. There aren't many decent ones this year.

spyretto
20-03-2009, 23:01
The Balkans messed it up this year. Apart from Bosnia/Herzegovina. Serbia with a joke song? Maybe they don't want to do very well this time round.

crazy malchik
21-03-2009, 09:02
I know. :(

But I personally think it's rather ok and... hm... rythmic. :gigi:

:ill:

And btw, Bosnian song is a copy of another Serbian song :lalala:, and they don't want to sign the author of the other song, and he doesn't want to sue them... Blaaaaah...

dradeel
21-03-2009, 15:12
Do you guys like Norway's song or is it too folky or too "Russian" for youWhat you mean by too "Russian"? :)

Anyways, I agree with you that Norway and Estonia are so far the best songs I've heard.

I wonder, will Norway and Estonia go through semi-finals? In that case I think they'll straight out trash the party in the finals. :p

AshMcAuliffe
21-03-2009, 15:45
i still think the British entry is cack! :p :bum:

GooZe
21-03-2009, 17:18
Yeah I think this time UK will get more succes than past time. At least the pre-voting says so.
Anyway I don't like the British entry 'cause it's just a typical cliched love story ballad = very BORING and not so catchy at all. But somehow it could be potential over the more rhythmic entries / dance style entries. :)

AshMcAuliffe
21-03-2009, 17:42
Yeah I think this time UK will get more succes than past time. At least the pre-voting says so.
Anyway I don't like the British entry 'cause it's just a typical cliched love story ballad = very BORING and not so catchy at all. But somehow it could be potential over the more rhythmic entries / dance style entries. :)

I'll cry if the UK win. I hate Andrew Lloyd Webber. He's such a dweeb and all he writes is soppy dribble.

spyretto
21-03-2009, 19:50

They won't, she's horrible. :D
So that's the best Lloyd Webber can do these days?

What you mean by too "Russian"? :)

Everything,
The voice, the style, sounds a bit like Russian. It surely don't sound like Nordic. Oh and the guy is Russian isn't he? I mean Russian-Norwegian.

Alexander Rybak (born in Minsk, Soviet Union (now Belarus) on May 13, 1986

( ok Belarussian, then )

His song is good and has the potential to get a lot of points from both the East and the West blocs. And judging from this and the Estonian entry it looks like folk might take over as the dominant style at the contest. Anything to get away from the ethnic disco, it's really starting to get on my nerves now.
Though I'm not sure how Estonia was allowed to participate after the Banana Splits" inspired" number they sent last year ( more like a copy note by note of the splits :p )

From that to this. Only at Eurosvision.

dradeel
21-03-2009, 20:40
Everything,
The voice, the style, sounds a bit like Russian. It surely don't sound like Nordic. Oh and the guy is Russian isn't he? I mean Russian-Norwegian.

Alexander Rybak (born in Minsk, Soviet Union (now Belarus) on May 13, 1986

( ok Belarussian, then )
Hehehe, indeed he's Belarissuan and you can hear the influence from his home land (this wasn't why I asked what you meant by russian btw, hehe), but I personally think the song is very norwegian folky too, allthough very popped up. It's not something very new around here at least, and the fiddle is like taken straight out of a norwegian fairytale. :)

Endri
31-03-2009, 05:00
What do you think of Greece? :rolleyes:

little_polar_bear
26-04-2009, 22:03
The hosts haven't been announced yet, right? You should speak English and French, hmm, ta-ta, what about our universal weapon and friend, Sergey Lazarev? I would be sooo happy for him, huh! Together with Topalov... :D

Argos
26-04-2009, 22:49
The hosts haven't been announced yet, right? You should speak English and French, hmm, ta-ta, what about our universal weapon and friend, Sergey Lazarev? I would be sooo happy for him, huh! Together with Topalov... :D
No chance, it's Channel One! That's rather Sasha Tsekalo with Vera Brezhneva or Andrej Malahov with Anna Semenovich (she has two outstanding talents :lol: ).

AshMcAuliffe
26-04-2009, 23:03
i soooooo cannot wait!!! :)

little_polar_bear
26-04-2009, 23:35
That's rather Sasha Tsekalo with Vera Brezhneva or Andrej Malahov with Anna Semenovich (she has two outstanding talents :lol: ).

Well, I know it's bloody Channel 1... Oh please, not Malahov... and can these two talents of Semenovich pronounce French numbers correctly? :coctail:

robbie
27-04-2009, 09:00
I hope it'll be Ivan Ugrant. He's so funny and... handsome.

forre
27-04-2009, 09:36
What do you think of Greece?
Typical Eurovision. It's neither good or bad -> just Eurovision. LOL.

I haven't checked all entries yet but I liked Estonia so far. Don't understand all hype about the Norwegian dude. The song is so-so and he sings so-so too. A cute slavic guy with violin and confidence? Well, maybe. It's cute and people like when it's cute.

fanoff
27-04-2009, 10:37
That's rather Sasha Tsekalo with Vera Brezhneva or Andrej Malahov with Anna Semenovich (she has two outstanding talents ).

Female host has been announced.It's Milla Jovovich!

Argos
27-04-2009, 16:58
Female host has been announced.It's Milla Jovovich!
Her name has been spread for a month now and the channel told that they want to keep the hosts as a secret until the final, but obviously we will see Jovovich and Ivan Urgant there. The semi finals seem fixed too with Andrej Malahov and Alsou. Although I'm sure that Malahov will again embarass the whole nation, Alsou will certainly show her language competence.

...but so far I didn't find an official confirmation of Channel One - still some room for speculations.

FiorE
28-04-2009, 05:08
with Andrej Malahov and Alsou. Although I'm sure that Malahov will again embarass the whole nation, Alsou will certainly show her language competence

...but so far I didn't find an official confirmation of Channel One - still some room for speculations.

is he the same guy that interviewed tATu and mischa barton in moscow ?

little_polar_bear
28-04-2009, 21:24
is he the same guy that interviewed tATu and mischa barton in moscow ?

Yes, if I am not mistaken and he also must have been the presenter of this certain talk show t.A.T.u. vs. disabled people at the end of 2006.

FiorE
29-04-2009, 04:23
thanks for the info little_polar_bear , so this must be a high respected guy? hehe Argos what has he done that makes u say that he will embarassed russia again?

Argos
29-04-2009, 16:18
hehe Argos what has he done that makes u say that he will embarassed russia again?
1. English language skills. Whenever he leaves the path of well prepared sentences he's the cause of ultimate fun, stammering nonsense.
2. Blond women. From the moment he's near a blond woman his brain follows gravity and lands ... - well, you guess where! Maybe this is the reason why he will be accompanied by the dark-haired and absolutely boring Alsou.

Argos
08-05-2009, 22:50
Yesterday the General Director of Channel One Konstantin Ernst announced the hosts of the show. In the semifinals we will see Andrej Malahov (we were scared about that already) and the top model Natal'ya Vodyanova (slobber!). In the finals there will be Ivan Urgant (tasty!) and Alsou (meeh!)

AshMcAuliffe
09-05-2009, 11:03
Please tell me that Ivan Urgant has been involved in some kind of videotape scandal where he shows a hell of a lot of flesh.... ;) :chupa:

tatuhappysmiles
09-05-2009, 12:53
i found this on tatu.ru:

May, 10 and May, 12 t.A.T.u. will perform at Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow.

little_polar_bear
09-05-2009, 15:02
i found this on tatu.ru:

May, 10 and May, 12 t.A.T.u. will perform at Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow.

This has already been discussed here: http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12507

Endri
12-05-2009, 00:38
do you know how to see eurovision online?

thegurgi
12-05-2009, 00:48
do you know how to see eurovision online?
the official website has the official stream w/o commentary.
If you prefer commentaries i'm sure there are some places to see them

Endri
12-05-2009, 00:50
the official website has the official stream w/o commentary.
If you prefer commentaries i'm sure there are some places to see themthank you. :)

fanoff
12-05-2009, 15:54
It's the first semi final day!Can't believe time went too fast!

forre
12-05-2009, 17:08
Any predictions? :D

fanoff
12-05-2009, 17:56
These are certain qualifiers:

Bosnia-Herz.
Armenia
Turkey

Most probably will qualify:

Portugal
Iceland
Malta
Romania

These have high or low chances(in order of possibility to qualify):

Switzerland
Sweden
Israel
Montenegro
Macedonia

No hopers for me:

Bulgaria
Andorra
Belarus
Belgium
Finland
Czech Republic

I still didn't prefer to see most of the competing countries' rehearsals(like Iceland,Malta,Romania,Belarus,Portugal,Bulgaria and Andorra),so I don't excatly know what I'll see tonight.So I judged them just on the song.

Argos
12-05-2009, 17:59
Any predictions? :D
I don't know the names of the 'juries' (aka televoting cheaters), so quite unpredictable.

The first semifinal seems to be the weaker one. Sweden, Turkey, Iceland and Bosnia should be easily through the qualification. Armenia, Switzerland, Romania are ok, but the rest - pfff!

forre
12-05-2009, 18:24
I didn't put so much personal liking/disliking into the predictions. Anyway, here's my list:

Bosnia
Turkey
Iceland
Malta
Portugal
Switzerland
Israel
Armenia
Belarus
Macedonia

fanoff
12-05-2009, 19:09
Have a good watch people:)Enjoy the show and tatu of course;)

forre
12-05-2009, 19:20
Enjoy the show and tatu of course
Since France doesn't broadcast, I'll have to stick with Channel One Russia. Not sure I'll see Tatu there. Oh well, got to check on youtube later. It will do for my part.

fanoff
12-05-2009, 19:44
Not sure I'll see Tatu there

The contest is being held in Russia so it's quite possible that they can air without ads.

Endri
12-05-2009, 20:26
When does it start? It should have already started but I can see nothing in the streaming page of ESC. :(

Argos
12-05-2009, 20:35
Sweden
Armenia
Turkey
Israel
Iceland
Romania
Finland
Portugal
Malta
Bosnia-Herzegovina

are the finalists. Fully deserved, they were the better ones.

forre
12-05-2009, 23:12
The contest is being held in Russia so it's quite possible that they can air without ads.
They went back from adverts to Eurovision just in the middle of the interval act, since Tatu were the last to sing, I could see it. Nice!

Got 7 out of 10 right. I guess Swiss fell vocally or got split votes with Macedonia. The result is good. Sweden made it with this shitty TV production. White on white - a horror blinding picture. Ouch!

fanoff
13-05-2009, 08:52
Sweden made it with this shitty TV production.

She accused Russian producers of being drunk when he was preparing their background:)

fanoff
13-05-2009, 09:01
I didn't really get why Israel and Finland did qualify.Both shows were boring,vocally sucked and there were much better acts.I would prefer Montenegro and Macedonia instead..

AshMcAuliffe
13-05-2009, 09:04
the only singer on the night that actually hit all their notes spot on was soppy Iceland. Nearly all the songs were yawnsome to me and i was bitterly disappointed by the show overall. The presenters were TERRIBLE!

robbie
13-05-2009, 09:36
Well, the best group yesterday was TATU :p

The presenters were TERRIBLE!

Wait for final... Ivan Ugrant... :p

AshMcAuliffe
13-05-2009, 09:39
Well, the best group yesterday was TATU :p

Wait for final... Ivan Ugrant... :p

t.A.T.u. were the best thing on last night's show.
The final + Ivan Urgant = the prospect of bloody good nght! :) :p
(As long as i can take my eyes of the presenter and not be mesemerised by him through the perfromances so as to miss them....) ;)

forre
13-05-2009, 10:19
t.A.T.u. were the best thing on last night's show
Fan speaking. Actually, the interval act wasn't classed as a direct masterpiece last night. It was ok and that is all. Then, Tatu didn't come across on screen very well. A minor part of a big show and nothing else. But since it got to be one of the last Tatu appearance at some major event, then it has its own significance, especially for fans.

AshMcAuliffe
13-05-2009, 10:24
All the musical performing acts were boring. If t.A.T.u. hadn't been on there last night as well as all the other people who performed in the interval the show would have been a dead loss to me.

forre
13-05-2009, 10:27
All the musical performing acts were boring.
It's Eurovison, pal :o

fanoff
13-05-2009, 11:06
I can say(and not in a patriotic way) that the best show was Hadise's show(Turkey).When thinking she had a 40 degrees fever the day before,she did an amazing job.

forre
13-05-2009, 11:17
I can say(and not in a patriotic way) that the best show was Hadise's show(Turkey).
There's always some patriotism in evaluation. You can't get rid of it. That's life. Turkey wasn't the best IMHO. The only faultless performance including stage and everything around was maybe delivered by Iceland. The song in itself is a matter of taste though.

fanoff
13-05-2009, 11:39
I'm not talking about vocal performance,I think Icelandic girl performed the song great vocally but presentation wasn't the best.I thought Bosnia was a long way ahead but their show was dull for me.We may see better shows on Saturday too but last night's winner was Hadise if this is Eurovision that we are talking about.

forre
13-05-2009, 11:44
We may see better shows on Saturday too but last night's winner was Hadise if this is Eurovision that we are talking about.
I thought it was rather dull. The same Turkish shaky-shaky with belley dance elements. Vocally sucked -> me thinks. Backing vocals did almost all singing job which saved Turkish entry.

little_polar_bear
13-05-2009, 13:21
Ehrm, I don't know if it was already mentioned here, but the Swedish entry must be a guy... I was watching the show together with an experienced opera mezzo-soprano and she was sure that no woman can sing like that... :coctail:

forre
13-05-2009, 13:40
I was watching the show together with an experienced opera mezzo-soprano and she was sure that no woman can sing like that...
A Swedish woman can. LOL. She does look like a transvestite but unfortunately she is a girl. Quite a normal one, btw.

Argos
13-05-2009, 16:16
I didn't really get why Israel and Finland did qualify.Both shows were boring,vocally sucked and there were much better acts.I would prefer Montenegro and Macedonia instead..
I saw all of them as weak average, none of them doing better than the other. In one case pure luck (Finland), the other one had the better lobby (Israel). For some countries 'expert' juries are a blessing. :D

About Turkey's entry. It was one of the better 3-4 of an overall weak semifinal, but not outstanding. Winners look different...

thegurgi
13-05-2009, 16:58
A Swedish woman can. LOL. She does look like a transvestite but unfortunately she is a girl. Quite a normal one, btw.
haha, did anyone notice her strange grumble growl before the climax. I think it's interesting there were two acts last night that sounded like constipated cowardly lions.

I'm not surprised at all by who made it to the final - performances are only half the battle. Finland got through through the fact Iceland and Sweden were voting. I'm disappointed that the Swiss entry didn't get through as i thought two of those that got through were redundant and it'd be nice to have a solid rock song in the final. Of the two 'hot girls dancing acts' - Romania's performance was stronger than Turkey's in execution and vocals. Which surprised me - i expected Turkey's vocals to be weak and i expected Romania's to be weaker. Tawdy and insipid songs as they are, i did anticipate that one of them would actual have a strong performing voice.

forre
13-05-2009, 18:00
haha, did anyone notice her strange grumble growl before the climax.
That was a soft version of the one she produced at the National selection. Unforgettable :D

I'm disappointed that the Swiss entry didn't get through as i thought two of those that got through were redundant and it'd be nice to have a solid rock song in the final.
That's an easy part - votes got split between Swiss, Belarus and Macedonian entries. Rockish stuff, you know. In such cases, split votes are not enough to reach the final. Then, Swiss dude fell on his singing. It just didn't come across as it should. Pity of course but well. Shit happens... as it always does at Eurovision.

thegurgi
13-05-2009, 19:49
olga, i think the quotes got mixed up there... as such it took me awhile to understand what was going on there

As for the Swiss thing - i'm just a big britpop fan and as such, it would've been better for Switzerland if the UK had been voters for their semi-final. Macedonian Bon Jovi and Belarussian Journey didn't really do it for me.

forre
13-05-2009, 19:57
As for the Swiss thing - i'm just a big britpop fan and as such, it would've been better for Switzerland if the UK had been voters for their semi-final. Macedonian Bon Jovi and Belarussian Journey didn't really do it for me.
A matter of taste, really but the rockish entries got the votes lost/split because they were several. That's the major problem. I thought Swiss entry was modern and a sort of good for Eurovision too but the performance was a way too weak.

thegurgi
13-05-2009, 22:36
A matter of taste, really but the rockish entries got the votes lost/split because they were several. That's the major problem. I thought Swiss entry was modern and a sort of good for Eurovision too but the performance was a way too weak.
ah yes i agree full-heartedly - doesn't stop me from wishing for a different outcome. ;)

I'm looking forward to the semi-final tomorrow as i've heard we can expect some disastrous performances from Poland and Ireland, the Greenman from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia featured in Albania's performance and my two favorites Norway and Estonia.

fanoff
13-05-2009, 23:17
My fav for tomorrow is Lithuania,loved it from the beginning.I liked them last year too,seems like I have similar taste of music with them:p I hope it qualifies to final.

forre
14-05-2009, 07:17
My fav for tomorrow is Lithuania
I don't have any clear favs but Lithuania is a sort of good. France can vote tonight. Wow! So maybe I'll even vote.

I'll write my finalist prediction later today. Just for fun.

EstBoy
14-05-2009, 15:40
Urban Symphony - Rändajad Full English lyrics:

*The nomads*

In the desert heat the sand
Blows like ice-cold snow
The night soon unfurls its wings
Leaving nothing but the wind to escort the nomads

It is the way
They wander from one day to the next
It is the way
They wander from one time to the next
It is the way
It weaves an invisible path
Before them
Waiting until you dare to take the risk

Aaa...

It conveys only frozen souls
The moonlight makes shadows of them
Warmth in a ray of sunlight
Is what the morning brings once again

It is the way
It is the way
It is the way
Before them

Aaa...

It waits until you are ready to take the risk Aaa...

It is the way
It is the way
It is the way
Before them
It is the way
It is the way
It is the way
Before them
It is the way

And Urban Symphony - Rändajad (Club Mix) - http://www.4shared.com/file/100739008/eae83983/Urban_Symphony_-_Rndajad__Club_Mix_.html

Argos
14-05-2009, 17:17
I think Norway, Denmark, Azerbeidzhan, Greece, Lithuania, Albania, Ukraine, Estonia will qualify. The last two places should be determined between Croatia, Poland, Slovenia (not much vocals there, but I like it) and Moldova.

fanoff
14-05-2009, 18:55
My prediction:

Croatia
Norway
Denmark
Hungary
Azerbaijan
Greece
Lithuania
Moldova
Ukraine
Estonia

fanoff
14-05-2009, 19:41
Have a good watch people!

forre
14-05-2009, 19:51
Mine:

Norway
Azerbaijan
Greece
Lithuania
Moldova
Ukraine
Estonia
Netherlands
Albania
Serbia

robbie
14-05-2009, 20:42
Norway is my favourite.

PS. Poland sucks as always :ill:

fanoff
14-05-2009, 21:43
My prediction after seeing the performances:

Croatia
Poland
Norway
Denmark
Azerbaijan
Greece
Moldova
Albania
Ukraine
Estonia

Argos
14-05-2009, 22:00
The finalists:

Azerbaijan
Croatia
Ukraine
Lithuania
Albania
Moldova
Denmark
Estonia
Norway
Greece

No big surprises.

AshMcAuliffe
14-05-2009, 22:03
Poor camp Hungary LOL

fanoff
14-05-2009, 22:05
I got 9 of them with both before the show and after the show,leaving Albania out before and Lithuania after:)

forre
14-05-2009, 22:33
I got 8 right. Ha-ha. No, no. I should have skipped the Netherlands. It was hilarious. Still laughing.

P.S. Can't stand Norwegian singing no matter how cute the guy is.

fanoff
15-05-2009, 00:04
.S. Can't stand Norwegian singing no matter how cute the guy is.

I can,but how can people be so sure that he will be the winner?I don't see that light in him.But I don't see the light in anyone this year so why not?They have a good draw also.And I think our girl(Hadise) will do very well even if she won't be able to win.

This is the order that we will see the finalists.

1 Lithuania
2 Israel
3 France
4 Sweden
5 Croatia
6 Portugal
7 Iceland
8 Greece
9 Armenia
10 Russia
11 Azerbaijan
12 Bosnia-Herz.
13 Moldova
14 Malta
15 Estonia
16 Demark
17 Germany
18 Turkey
19 Albania
20 Norway
21 Ukraine
22 Romania
23 U.K.
24 Finland
25 Spain

It's a very slow songs dominated beginning and very uptempo songs dominated ending.UK should be shining with all the songs around are fast.

spyretto
15-05-2009, 07:25
Far too many bad and bizarre songs and they're bad in a bad way, no redeeming features like before whatsoever.. I think about 1/3 of the songs are garbage in terms of either the composition or the presentation or even both. From the ones that are ok, it's probably gonna be a contest between Turkey and Norway with the latter possibly edging it. Greece and Azerbaijan might also be in the top 5 while Estonia's nice but a little too boring in terms of the presentation. I don't expect the UK to do well for various reasons and although the song is not bad the performance is probably gonna bury it.
Norway is very very close, he's not the best performer in the world but he has a lot of energy and when it comes down to the nitty gritty stuff the voting will go his way because he can get enough points from everybody.

I missed both semis ( didn't miss much from what I saw in reruns ) but I'll watch the final which is gonna be more watchable. The deteriorating level of the competition is worrying though.

forre
15-05-2009, 07:36
The deteriorating level of the competition is worrying though.
Not at all. Eurovision has always been like that. Some years a bit bettere and some years a bit worse. Believe it or not, it's still the 3rd most watched TV show in the world after Olympics and the Soccer World Cup.

sakuya
15-05-2009, 12:12
Yeah, sasha son is great. He's gay. ;) I met him quite often @ soho gay club :) He was special guest @ one of most famous transsexual around here. My bf knows him well. Only thing I don't like about him too much he's a love boy. Great show, great song. I like lithuanian version of it more... Lyrics of it is about lost people, who didn't find themselves yet.

spyretto
15-05-2009, 14:18
Not at all. Eurovision has always been like that. Some years a bit bettere and some years a bit worse. Believe it or not, it's still the 3rd most watched TV show in the world after Olympics and the Soccer World Cup.

It's still a fun show and a great occasion I was just commenting on the increasing number of worthless crap song and performances. I had to fast forward on the following ones:

Andorra
Belarus
Belgium
Czech R
Fyr Macedonia
Ireland
Montenegro
Romania
Serbia
Switzerland

And then a lot of boring ones about 1/3 of the competition, just bad vocals like Poland and bizarre performances like the Dutch and then we're left with 1/3 that had any merit at all.
The 2 semi finals format is long drawn and boring. The West has long lost interest in the competition, otherwise you wouldn't have countries like Belgium sending a rockabilly singer who imitates Elvis :bum:

forre
15-05-2009, 16:08
The West has long lost interest in the competition, otherwise you wouldn't have countries like Belgium sending a rockabilly singer who imitates Elvis
Germany brought Dita von Teese, France sent their big gun Kaas and UK got Sir. Lloyd Webber to compose the song - is it what you called "lost an interest"? He-he.

Btw, our lovely Dita showed up in a very specific outfit during the first dress rehearsal, which would generate lots of publicity for Germany. A very clever move.

The outfit
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9iFDY1WbDHg/Sg1q_rxAnqI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/puxE6JpC0Sg/s400/IMG_7062.JPG

I guess she'd need to change it for the second dress rehearsal but the button is already pushed. Germany goes straight to Top 10 in tomorrow's final table.

Argos
15-05-2009, 18:17
Germany brought Dita von Teese...
I guess people who gather porno pics know her better than people following the music scene (apart from Marilyn Manson fans). :gigi:

The level, oh my... There was quite a lot of crap this year, as every year. Too many amateurs trying their luck here, but sometimes they do it really well. If there were not those hilarious imitators of 60's to 70's music or those guys who desperately try to be funny, those acts who attempt to bribe the juries with some third-class pseudo-ethno rubbish, it wouldn't be one of the most entertaining music show for the whole family.

@ Olga and your Rybak-allergy. Prepare for the ultimate cruelty in the finals, when you have to disgest not only his voice, but that of the entry of your first/second/third home country too, Miss Prihod'ko, the girl with the vocal chords made of telegraph wire, singing and behaving like a Dnepr tug-boat worker (by the way looove this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y9Gcn9My3s) from her!)!

forre
15-05-2009, 20:09
@ Olga and your Rybak-allergy. Prepare for the ultimate cruelty in the finals, when you have to disgest not only his voice, but that of the entry of your first/second/third home country too, Miss Prihod'ko, the girl with the vocal chords made of telegraph wire, singing and behaving like a Dnepr tug-boat worker (by the way looove this one from her!)!
I can afford some minor partying this year, so I'll prepare some alcohol to get through all vocal disasters tomorrow night. No matter how funny Eurovision is, it's demoralising for me to listen to the offkey singing. With the right amount of alcohol, I can deal even with Rybak's victory. I actually think he might win. Great start position and great stage act! People like the song too. So this formula always works well.

little_polar_bear
16-05-2009, 12:05
I can deal even with Rybak's victory. I actually think he might win. Great start position and great stage act! People like the song too. So this formula always works well.

Yep, after seeing both semi-finals it became somehow clear to me why people like this entry so much. It was also for me one of the best performances even though it's not so my taste, but the boy is very professional! Germany made huge efforts, indeed. I am curious :D.

The men of the Ukrainian anti-crisis woman looked so much better than her. :p

forre
16-05-2009, 16:24
My Top 10 prediction (with comments):

1. Norway (hate it but it hits each chapter of the book "How to win Eurovision")
2. France (sings well and popular in some countries)
3. U.K. (great start position, jury pick)
4. Greece (such shit works well plus has cool visual presentation)
5. Bosnia (gets votes of all Balkan countries)
6. Iceland (everyone's little sweetheart and gets votes from all Scandinavia)
7. Estonia (very original, gets Baltic votes plus jury pick)
8. Azerbajan (neighbour voting plus decent jury pick)
9. Armenia (diaspora plus votes from all folk style lovers)
10. Ukraine (somehow people like it, crazy visual presentation plus it has great start position)

Argos
16-05-2009, 16:54
Norway (says my instinct)
Greece (sexy great performer, routine)
Turkey (catchy, good performance, not the best singer)
Ukraine (crazy and courageous, sexy)
Russia (either top or flop, depends on whether people like the singer or not)
Bosnia (best Balkan, has to be in the top 10)
Estonia (great song, but boring performance)
Azerbaijan (Arash is fun)
Iceland (great voice, good song)
France (just a feeling that she's in best form, routine)

The first three might be quite a bit ahead of the rest, with the jury votes Norway should win. Somehow I expect the acts behind those three being quite close to each other, so friendship/neighbour voting could considerably influence the results. The UK could easily be in that group too, but well, I have already ten.

fanoff
16-05-2009, 17:44
I really started to believe that Hadise is going to win the contest!It's seen almost impossible by most fans.

forre
16-05-2009, 17:48
I really started to believe that Hadise is going to win the contest!
I have some Russians in my blog that think France will win though she is not even in Top 10 of some predictions. I think it's not so obvious this year. We'll see what happens. Funny.

What about your Top 10? Come on! Give it a shot. It's just for fun, you know :)

little_polar_bear
16-05-2009, 18:10
Okay, my personal top ten. But I have a hard time picking them this year. For me it seems even more of a mishmash this year... LOL and I have left my list of the first semi final at my friend's home, so... this is without any credibility :)

01. Norway (professional)
02. Iceland (outstanding in the first final, but a rather unfortunate starting position at the final)
03. Estonia (still love this song the most, but a dull performance, no fascinating camera work, not such a bad starting position...)
04. Moldova (dunno why but I liked this a lot, was colourful, easy)
05. Armenia (crazy! I love the video and outfits a lot)
06. Spain (sexy song, sexy woman - the only one with short hair I guess haha)
07. Ukraine (good performance, sexy Romans!)
08. Russia (thanks for the folk elements...)
09. France (a really bad starting position, but a great act, I am sure)
10. Aserbaijan (this gets better, the more you listen to it)

Maybe I can add tmrw if that were really my top ten :coctail:.

fanoff
16-05-2009, 18:29
Okie,I'll post my top 10 a moment later,but,I just found the song Hadise offered to Turkish television,this is much better than Düm Tek Tek!Definately quality Euro-dance and no wonder she would do a much better presentation with this!

Hadise - Supernatural Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL7pjoZ-OpU

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 18:31
Either Norway or Iceland for me. I'll be surprised if the UK get in the top 5

fanoff
16-05-2009, 18:56
These are my top-10 besides Turkey(random,too lazy to put in order)

Lithuania-Loved it from the first listen.
France-Mrs. Kaas will honour with her presence for sure.
Croatia-One of my personal favourites
Iceland-Vocals are faultless,juries flooded their votes to it.Top 5 position
Greece-I can see it finishing in top 5 but 1st place?Not sure.
Azerbaijan-Serious contender.
Bosnia-Herz.-My surprise favourite to win.
UK
Moldova-May not be in top 10 after last vote.
Norway-No-way he's gonna win tonight!

These are the ones I think will finish in top 10(can't guess who is 1st or 10th)

France
Iceland
Greece
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bosnia-Herz.
Turkey
Norway
Ukraine
UK

Have a good watch people!Enjoy the show,this is gonna be one of the best!

nath
16-05-2009, 19:36
In the top 3, France...just a wish ..:)

On a personnal level , I like enough Moldavia and Portugal.

spyretto
16-05-2009, 19:44
My Top 10 prediction (with comments):

1. Norway (hate it but it hits each chapter of the book "How to win Eurovision")
2. France (sings well and popular in some countries)
3. U.K. (great start position, jury pick)
4. Greece (such shit works well plus has cool visual presentation)
5. Bosnia (gets votes of all Balkan countries)
6. Iceland (everyone's little sweetheart and gets votes from all Scandinavia)
7. Estonia (very original, gets Baltic votes plus jury pick)
8. Azerbajan (neighbour voting plus decent jury pick)
9. Armenia (diaspora plus votes from all folk style lovers)
10. Ukraine (somehow people like it, crazy visual presentation plus it has great start position)

You're going a lot against the odds here this time around forre. Who's gonna give points to the borefests of the UK and France jut because they have some big names? Then again if you get it right chapeau to you. Turkey not making the top 10 would be a huge surprise for me, did you forget them or did you intentionally not include them?
Also, I can see that the Ukraine not only did make the final but it's the 6th favourite to win, it'll take the bloc voting to work overtime to get that garbage into the top 4 but it might just happen, there's always the odd one up there.
Greece is losing momentum, in Greece they don't even expect the song to make the top 5 now despite what they seem to be saying. Some would even say that Norway is losing momentum too perhaps the song was overplayed and people got bored by it? I think Azerbaijan will do better than 8.
My personal favourite is Estonia, judging by the quality of the song and not the presentation which is not flashy enough.

PS. Maybe with the new voting system the UK and France will get a boost, with the old one they had no chance whatsoever. So they might make the top 10 but Top 3 is a big stretch.

spyretto
16-05-2009, 19:53
Btw, Lloyd Webber did not only compose the song, he will be up on stage with a piano ( playing apparently ).

forre
16-05-2009, 19:53
Who's gonna give points to the borefests of the UK and France jut because they have some big names?
Jury.

Hey, it's difficult, ok? I gave it a shot and that is all. Many like Turkey and Moldova too. So they can end up in Top 10 but I can't see it. I'm not a God. I can't make things happen and I can't see the future. LOL.

Ukraine might win. I said it earlier in the Russian section. I can see it winning. Yes.

fanoff
16-05-2009, 19:58
Ukraine might win. I said it earlier in the Russian section. I can see it winning

I'm not gonna be watching next year if this shit wins the whole thing:)

spyretto
16-05-2009, 20:01
Jury.

Hey, it's difficult, ok? I gave it a shot and that is all. Many like Turkey and Moldova too. So they can end up in Top 10 but I can't see it. I'm not a God. I can't make things happen and I can't see the future. LOL.

Ukraine might win. I said it earlier in the Russian section. I can see it winning. Yes.

Your predictions are better than mine though and you follow the contest much more than I did this year ( I even missed both semis ).
At least I know what to expect more or less now, cause I initially thought Turkey was to make the top 5 but they might miss out.

That druggie from the Ukraine to win. Gosh :bum:
Top 5 a more realistic proposition, she's gonna be competing with Turkey for votes most like it.

I'm not gonna be watching next year if this shit wins the whole thing:)

of course you will :D

spyretto
16-05-2009, 20:39
I guess most of the songs that made the final are pretty respectable, from what I'm hearing so far.

Argos
16-05-2009, 20:43
If it's only about performance and choreography then Greece has already won and we can turn off the TV set! :D

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 20:45
France and Iceland have been MINT! Greece is gay as f**k but boring!
Sweden - WTF?! Looks like a man and she looked like she was on speed!
Portugal was very very sweet too *looks down all innocent*

robbie
16-05-2009, 20:45
One nipple from Greece! ;)

Love Israel's song "There must be another way".

The hottest of the night is still Ivan Urgant :p

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 20:46
Ivan looks lush... very very sexy. ;) *pervs*

Argos
16-05-2009, 20:46
Nice show by Armenia too!

robbie
16-05-2009, 20:52
WOW! Great performance from Anastasya Prihodko. Great idea with visualization :done:

FiorE
16-05-2009, 20:55
soemhow I really like the croatian guy :o
Ruissia was cool but too static for my taste the video projected behind was ok
iceland was great
Too bad that I missed France, I never heard of that famous singer, and I wanted to see her and listen to her

the greece has their own version of Ricky martin :P

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 20:56
Awww Russian daddy pays for daughter to go on TV and make a tit of herself. Trying to end her performance as some kind of homage to psychotic episode-Bjork!!
My dog cried when Sweden was on!
Azerbaijan = naff but catchy and will prob get votes.

Argos
16-05-2009, 20:59
Bosnia was really convincing, should end close to the top.

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 21:02
Moldova = surprisingly upbeat. Vocals a bit shaky but catchy! Me likes the funkiness!! :p

spyretto
16-05-2009, 21:04
What was so great about Russia? The song stinks and it's totally eurovision-unfriendly
She almost had a fit in the end there.
Oh well

FiorE
16-05-2009, 21:08
what if weeeeeeeee... Boring

spyretto
16-05-2009, 21:10
Estonia easily the best song of the competition but not much of a stage gimmick, sadly.

QueenBee
16-05-2009, 21:17
Well Germany certainly wins The Most Fierce Pants award :D

spyretto
16-05-2009, 21:19
as Graham Norton put it, it was "pants" .

Turkey's vocals are weak, she will miss out the top 5 I reckon, as predicted here.

FiorE
16-05-2009, 21:21
I expected more from Dita Von Tesse,, Teaser! I liked German song though but somehow it felt like if something was missing

C`mon! she should done more than just moveing her hands and that thing

QueenBee
16-05-2009, 21:25
as Graham Norton put it, it was "pants" .

Turkey's vocals are weak, she will miss out the top 5 I reckon, as predicted here.
I would rock those pants :cool:

The Turkish girl was a total cheater - she didn't even sing throughout the entire thing! Understandable because of the dancing but stillllll. The performance was super sexy though, especially that guy that jumped out in the middle of nowhere! :D And I love the yelling of the chorus.

And I see now that the performances are getting even stranger, speaking of Albania here. What's with the sequined guy :p The girl has a nice voice.

fanoff
16-05-2009, 21:27
Hadise did better than the semi!But won't win too baad:)Will be in top 5 for sure.

robbie
16-05-2009, 21:29
Norway ROCKS!

fanoff
16-05-2009, 21:30
I can't see anyone voting for Norway!I just love the violin-which will make him win if he does- and don't like anything else!

spyretto
16-05-2009, 21:30
Great show Norway, hope it wins ( if the main rival is really France :lol: )

Ps the draggie with the semi naked Roman Gods is next!

Argos
16-05-2009, 21:31
If Norway wins, he'll be the winning singer with the most misses of notes in history of ESC! :D

fanoff
16-05-2009, 21:33
If Norway wins, he'll be the winning singer with the most misses of notes in history of ESC!

So true!Greece was the most memorable to me,he can win the televote but who knows who juries voted for?

spyretto
16-05-2009, 21:38
So all sorts of different opinions, it's gonna be interesting to see how the voting goes. I think Norway will still win, cause of the voting system but we shall see.

Argos
16-05-2009, 21:43
The UK entry - tough as shoe sole leather. :bum:

fanoff
16-05-2009, 21:59
Spain was.. just eww.

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:02
I have voted for Iceland and Estonia

crazy malchik
16-05-2009, 22:03
OMG. I heard "Mamo" for the first time. It's so beautiful, it's so emotional, it's so unique.

France is fantastic.

I liked Germany too... Dita Von Teese is amazing.

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:05
My comprehensive list of liked songs is:

Iceland
Estonia
France
Moldova
Portugal

Argos
16-05-2009, 22:10
As a whole it was the best ESC schow I watched in my life. So many 'listenable' songs and a lot of really good performances are a rarity in history of this contest! :heart:

Some favourites dangled a bit and it will be really thrilling who will win. I don't see clear favourites. For my taste the best performances were from Greece, Bosnia, Armenia, Norway and Ukraine, but the others are not so far behind.

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:12
As a whole it was the best ESC schow I watched in my life. So many 'listenable' songs and a lot of really good performances are a rarity in history of this contest! :heart:

i totally agree with you :D

crazy malchik
16-05-2009, 22:15
I also liked those two sisters who invited us to dance... Guess that was... Armenia...?!

spyretto
16-05-2009, 22:18
They had an interview with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber right now and he liked Estonia, Sweden and Azaerbaijan. He was a bit deluded thinking that the UK will compete for 1st price though ;)

crazy malchik
16-05-2009, 22:20
Anastasiya Prihodko is amazing.

spyretto
16-05-2009, 22:21
Norway are making a killing already. The UK are doing well, Greece are getting a roasting ( GOOD )

fanoff
16-05-2009, 22:23
Norway's got it!

FiorE
16-05-2009, 22:26
swedem let me out of words deserves a top place if she doesnt win.
Españ did great too, but wont win that`s for sure

fanoff
16-05-2009, 22:26
UK is being pushed by the juries.SO obvious

thegurgi
16-05-2009, 22:28
i'm seriously impressed with all the animations going on here. Between the amazingly done interstitials and now these crazy voting system thing... it's all been very cool.

i won't comment on the songs haha...

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:29
Norway has won it... I'm sorry but i think it's trite.

crazy malchik
16-05-2009, 22:35
What's wrong with Norway?! It's cute.

spyretto
16-05-2009, 22:36
The Ukraine kitsch is going down the drain, the jury must have not been amused by it :D

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:36
it's sickly sweet...

crazy malchik
16-05-2009, 22:39
That slut from Ukraine was cute too ;) She made me horny too :gigi:

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:39
I officially disown my own country... 12 points to Turkey!?!

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 22:42
t.A.T.u. got mentioned!!!!! The folk interpretation of the track rocks!!

spyretto
16-05-2009, 22:42
Tatu made an indirect appearance just now!

QueenBee
16-05-2009, 22:45
I missed this "indirect appearance by Tatu" :(

I actually liked Eurovision this year *gasp* (I know), it wasn't so cheesy - it was actually... dare I say it?... a little bit interesting to watch.

:none:

Having said that, why is everyone voting for Norway? Pfft.

FiorE
16-05-2009, 22:49
Not Gonna get us that was awesome! :cool: