PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009 (Russia)

Pages : 1 [2]

fanoff
16-05-2009, 23:56
These are the ones I think will finish in top 10(can't guess who is 1st or 10th)

France
Iceland
Greece
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bosnia-Herz.
Turkey
Norway
Ukraine
UK

Gosh,I've got 9 right from my top 10,leaving beautiful Estonia out!Said that Turkey was in top 5 for sure!UK was probably the 1st of jury voting.Looks like I got it:) Happy with the result.

forre
17-05-2009, 00:17
Gosh,I've got 9 right from my top 10
Not sure but I think I got 9 too. The verdict is - we are both the Eurovision junkies. So don't tell me next time "If Albania/Ukraine/whatever wins, I'm not going to watch the Eurovision". LOL. You will!

The funny thing with this show is:
Everyone hates Eurovision and it's still THE 3RD MOST WATHED SHOW IN THE WORLD! He-he. So now, guys, you just admit that you a homo... (wrong word, sorry)...an Eurovision junkie and you watch the contest each year!

nikki
17-05-2009, 00:27
I didn't like Norway at all ! Isn't Alexander Rybak from Russia or Belarus ? I can't remember, I'm a little tipsy :D.

I did like Azerbaijan very much though.

Thought UK were crap.

Lithuania - why did he change the lyrics and arrangement ? Song much better in original Lt version.

Liked Ukraine, loved their presenter - her cleavage got my attention !

Edited - Dita von Teese was also very easy on the eyes.

forre
17-05-2009, 00:36
I didn't like Norway at all !
You don't need to like it. :) It's like rain. Some people like it and some people hate it. So, Norway is the winner and it's the fact. Btw, who cares about the Eurovision winner? I always wish this song or that song wins but I have a perfect understanding that tastes are different. So be it!

fanoff
17-05-2009, 00:47
Not sure but I think I got 9 too. The verdict is - we are both the Eurovision junkies. So don't tell me next time "If Albania/Ukraine/whatever wins, I'm not going to watch the Eurovision". LOL. You will!

That was a joke!I knew that she wasn't gonna win with that messy show after all there were much better acts:) And that's true,we will never get bored of Eurovision and watch it every year no matter who wins:)

dradeel
17-05-2009, 02:54
I didn't like Norway at all ! Isn't Alexander Rybak from Russia or Belarus ? I can't remember, I'm a little tipsy .He have Belarusian parents, indeed. :)

And I guess I agree with Forre, in that way that I must admit that tastes are different, cause I can't understand how anyone could prefer any other song over the norwegian one, yet people clearly voted for the other songs as well! Hehehe. So yeah, that's just how it is I guess :)

Larie't
17-05-2009, 09:34
Yay for Norway and Iceland :D Those were my favorites! And the guy was hot... But why on earth Moldova got points? The music was crap and the performance was a mess... and Denmark! So boring..

AshMcAuliffe
17-05-2009, 10:28
As predicted Norway won... my favourite came second so i'm still a bit chuffed :)

robbie
17-05-2009, 15:50
I read (not yet) post from Mans Zelmerlow's blog about winner Alexander Rybak. Any translation? Monika :rose: ?

På väg till sundsvall, stad i världen!

Is it true? Yes it is!
Alexander Rybak is the shit! Men jag menar, han är ju en månad äldre
än jag så jag har ju gott om tid att komma upp på hans nivå!

Jag har ca. 720 timmar på mig att vinna eurovision med
utklassningssiffror.. Jodå, jag hinner nog. :)

Scheisse..

Nu sitter jag på tåget på väg mot sundsvall igen. Var ju där i
tisdags men jag kände inte riktigt att jag fick ut allt ur den
trippen! Så nu ska jag uppleva birsta city på allvar!!
Moh sitter bredvid och läser en manual om Classic knee
compression..allt är som vanligt med andra ord. ;)

Nu ska jag äta plättar. Lyckades snylta till mig extra sylt!

Puss och banan

dradeel
17-05-2009, 17:49
I read (not yet) post from Mans Zelmerlow's blog about winner Alexander Rybak. Any translation? Monika :rose: ?

Let me do the honor :)

Translation:
On the way to Sundsvall, city in the world.

- Is it true? Yes it is!
Alexander is the shit! - But I mean, he's a month older
than I am, so I have more than enough time to get up to his level!

I have about 720 hours on me to win eurovision with
outclassing numbers. Oh yes, I'll make it.

Damn..

Now I sit on the train on my way back to Sundsvall again. I was there on
tuesday, but I didn't really feel I got everything out of that
trip! So now I'll experience 'birsta city' for real (I dunno what birsta city would imply. Perhaps we need Monika's help after all :D)!!
Moh sits and reads a manual on Classic Knee
Compression..in other words, everything is as usual.

Now I'm gonna eat pancakes. I was luckily able to sneak with me some extra jam.

Kiss and banana

robbie
17-05-2009, 17:56
dradeel, omg! Thank you so much! :)

dradeel
17-05-2009, 17:57
You're welcome, robbie ;)

spyretto
18-05-2009, 15:20
That was a joke!I knew that she wasn't gonna win with that messy show after all there were much better acts:) And that's true,we will never get bored of Eurovision and watch it every year no matter who wins:)

Rybak himself said it was his favourite and a lot of people were tipping it to do very well, not only you. At the end of the day my musical tastes are similar to the mass public - that's probably not a good thing but I do acknowledge that many songs were very respectable - Iceland for example was exactly the right song and a fabulous voice, France and the UK were not bad at all etc. This year, in fact there was a 50-50 split in the semis between the rubbish songs and the good songs. If the rest of the countries who sent jokey songs make an effort next season and if somehow Italy joined it'd be the perfect Eurovision.
Still it was a great show and the appearance by Tatu a nice touch ( though Katina gained weight again :bum: ).
My friend thought the best were Israel and Romania and Finland so I guess people like different things. But even those were not bad. So I retract my position about the contest getting worse, I guess I was listening to the wrong ones, it's probably the first time in ages that I'm left with a positive musical feeling this time around and as many acts decided to do a minimal or simple stage presentation and concentrated on the merits of the songs itself I can feel it's becoming more of a musical contest again ( that's what a lot of the media reported in the UK also ).

And I'd like to add that the song was a worthy winner, in fact the best song in terms of simple songwriting with a little sing along melody, that's why Europe loved it. I think it will go down well in history as a worthy winner compared to gimmicky acts such like Ruslana, Naumova, Lordi etc that people hardly remember any more or remember it with disdain. People will remember this as a decent song that won the contest, I don't buy along the idea that he won because he's cute.
I think only Serbia had perhaps a more powerful song in recent years than this one.
Before we had all those acts winning on the merit of the performance and the song itself was always secondary, at least this time around it was more about the song than anything else.

QueenBee
18-05-2009, 22:02
robbie, sorry I was too late to translate! Great job dradeel :D

Birsta City is some sort of huge mall in Sundsvall (where he's heading) so I guess he was planning to visit it in order to really experience the city :p

And what a copy cat he is! I had pancakes yesterday and the day before!

forre
18-05-2009, 22:36
And what a copy cat he is!

In his blog he sounded more like a drama queen. Too bad he'll be entering Melodifestivalen for another 10 years now... Gosh!

dradeel
18-05-2009, 22:39
gimmicky acts such like ... Lordi etc that people hardly remember any more or remember it with disdainI beg to differ. I remember it, and it will go down in my book as the best winner of Eurovision ever. I think Lordi will be pleasently remembered by many because they did something outrageously special and memorable. Most winners, however, are forgotten. Sure, I can name some 90s winners, but do you remember any winners after Y2K except Lordi and (obviously) Alexander Rybak? Cuz I don't. Okay, I can slightly remember 07, and I was reminded by 08 this year, but 00-02, 04 and 05 are completely lacking from my memory (remember winner of 03 because of who came in 3rd, hehe)... but 06, damn 06 surely is fresh in my memory. :) Whether you like the song or not is of course a matter of taste :D

Great job dradeel :D

Birsta City is some sort of huge mall in SundsvallThank you! :D And roger that. Then it makes much more sense. Hehe.

FiorE
19-05-2009, 04:59
dradeel congrats, you`re hosting the next eurovision! , well your country :coctail:

anyone have norway`s song to download ???

EstBoy
20-05-2009, 19:10
British midweek chart:

Singles

1 Dizzee Rascal 49.3k
2 Black Eyed Peas 25k
3 Tinchy/N-Dubz 16.2k
4 Alexander Rybak (Norway) 14.8k
5 La Roux 14.2k

Top 10
Dan Merriweather

Top 15
Soulja Boy

Top 20
Jade Ewen (UK)

Top 30
Paolo Nutini
Yohanna (Iceland)
Star Pilots
Green Day

Top 40
Keri Hilson (KYD)
Eminem (Beautiful)
Shontelle

Top 50
Alicia Keys

Top 60
Kelly Clarkson
Alex Swings Oscar Sings
Taylor Swift (TOMG)

Top 70
Michael Jackson
Waldo's People
Lady GaGa (Paparazzi)

Top 80
Urban Symphony (Estonia)
Honey Ryder
Killers

Source: Haven

EstBoy
20-05-2009, 19:11
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Promo CD Single)

1. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (3:03)
2. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Dj Sensor Dance Remix) (3:26)
3. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (instrumental version) (3:03)

http://narod.ru/disk/8892708000/Alexander%20Rybak%20-%20Fairytale.rar.html

Urban Symphony - Randajad (Promo CD Single)

1. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Radio Version)
2. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Club Mix Edit)
3. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Lazy Drumbeat Mix)
4. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Instrumental)

http://narod.ru/disk/8893577000/Urban%20Symphony%20-%20Randajad%20(Promo%20CD%20Single).rar.html

http://le-lik.blogspot.com/

FiorE
22-05-2009, 18:06
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Promo CD Single)

1. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (3:03)
2. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Dj Sensor Dance Remix) (3:26)
3. Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (instrumental version) (3:03)

http://narod.ru/disk/8892708000/Alexander%20Rybak%20-%20Fairytale.rar.html

Urban Symphony - Randajad (Promo CD Single)

1. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Radio Version)
2. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Club Mix Edit)
3. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Lazy Drumbeat Mix)
4. Urban Symphony - Randajad (Instrumental)

http://narod.ru/disk/8893577000/Urban%20Symphony%20-%20Randajad%20(Promo%20CD%20Single).rar.html

http://le-lik.blogspot.com/

Thank You very much EstBoy, really apreciate it. :rose:
*donwloading*

AshMcAuliffe
22-05-2009, 18:21
it will go down in my book as the best winner of Eurovision ever. I think Lordi will be pleasently remembered by many because they did something outrageously special and memorable.

i totally agree with you on this. They were unique!

Thank you for the Urban Symphony single. It's wicked awesome and you've made my day! :D

AshMcAuliffe
23-05-2009, 10:27
according to that UK midweek chart listing how the HELL is Waldo's People higher than Urban Symphony?!!?!? WTF?!

fanoff
04-02-2013, 17:48
In his blog he sounded more like a drama queen. Too bad he'll be entering Melodifestivalen for another 10 years now... Gosh!

Didn't turn out that way :) But we have other MF losers now :)