PDA

View Full Version : EMO Thread

Slayer
26-08-2008, 17:51
:love: love me or hate me i don't care,:cry:
The EMO thread is Back!

Mossopp
26-08-2008, 19:14
Someone lock this now before it turns into another shitstorm like the last 'emo' thread.

Khartoun2004
26-08-2008, 21:15
Oi vey, seriously. I agree with Mossopp, close the thread before some people decide to be immature and cause unnecessary fights.

Argos
26-08-2008, 21:56
There's always a chance to discuss this topic with rationality, without making wars. Well, if I remember, it was quite entertaining last time. At least there is no reason to close this thread before something 'evil' happens.

Talyubittu
26-08-2008, 22:18
*Brings hoards of evilness to the EMO thread*

Mossopp
26-08-2008, 22:39
The immaturity has started already. :rolleyes:

Just lock this. Seriously. It's a lost cause.

Talyubittu
26-08-2008, 22:47
So has the stupidity. What I said was sarcasm, I could honestly give less than two and a half shits about this thread and its functions.

Mossopp
26-08-2008, 23:05
So has the stupidity. What I said was sarcasm, I could honestly give less than two and a half shits about this thread and its functions.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
If you don't give a shit about the thread then don't post in it.
Simple.

crazy malchik
26-08-2008, 23:05
What happened in previous Emo Thread?! :eek:

Mossopp
26-08-2008, 23:12
What happened in previous Emo Thread?! :eek:

Someone who I won't name - but take a wild guess :rolleyes: - turned it into a vicious verbal attack on anyone who didn't conform to his preppy profile of "normality".
It was horrible - an epic landslide of bullshit that was totally unnecessary and uncalled for. And this thread is inevitably going to turn into exactly the same. So for the sake of everyone on the board it should be locked now.

crazy malchik
26-08-2008, 23:36
Someone who I won't name - but take a wild guess :rolleyes: - turned it into a vicious verbal attack on anyone who didn't conform to his preppy profile of "normality".
It was horrible - an epic landslide of bullshit that was totally unnecessary and uncalled for. And this thread is inevitably going to turn into exactly the same. So for the sake of everyone on the board it should be locked now.

I really dunno who... Should we make a quiz?! :bum: Tim, Amanda, Conner, Daniel, Chris?! :coctail:

Joopy
26-08-2008, 23:41
You're not emo! He's not emo! I'm a true emo! Well, I'm not really but you can't prove it! Yada, yada, yada.

Topic discussed and ready to close.

Amanda
27-08-2008, 00:54
Amanda?!Although it isn't my decision, I vote for it to be closed. Mossopp is right, the previous thread was terrible, and I was a part of it, too. I was pretty sure we had all moved on from it, so there's no reason to bring it back.

crazy malchik
27-08-2008, 01:13
Then it was you, Panda?! :confused: Who was it?! :eek: Send me PM, someone... :lalala:

Talyubittu
27-08-2008, 05:27
Someone who I won't name (http://www.forum.tatysite.net/member.php?u=7557) - but take a wild guess :rolleyes: - turned it into a vicious verbal attack on anyone who didn't conform to his preppy profile of "normality".

Yes, "my preppy profile of normality" created the vicious verbal attacks. :rolleyes:

- This entire thread is an epic landslide of bullshit that is unnecessary and uncalled for. As was your stupid comment about my SARCASTIC quote. I wasn't even going to say anything else in here until someone decided to be an idiot and get all offended at an altercation that took place 1+ years ago (Seriously, move on?). Either way, I'm glad I've got such a profound position in your mind. It truly is comforting to know that not only do my posts irritate you, but the entire essence of my very existence does as well. Other than that, this thread has already had chaos unleashed in it because of the unwillingness of some people to accept another persons opinion of a stereotype. If you do not wish to discuss something, then do not create a thread about it where everyone is allowed to participate in the discussion. I don't complain about your (what I consider to be...) idiotic emo cult culture unless asked to give an opinion - which I WILL give. Everyone on the board has the right to speak their mind, I'm sorry if my opinion of "preppy normality" seems rude and viciously verbal to you, but it's something you'll have to deal with while I've still got my conscious mind. Just remember not to be the big fat emo pot while calling the preppy kettle black when we're discussing intolerance, because it will bite you in the ass, and so will I.

I was pretty sure we had all moved on from it, so there's no reason to bring it back.

Srsly.

jamaica
27-08-2008, 05:39
Who was it?! :eek: Send me PM, someone... :lalala:

I guess that post right above this just answered your question. :D

crazy malchik
27-08-2008, 11:31
Yes. :D

But I also got few PMs just to be 100% confirmed. :gigi:

Slayer
28-08-2008, 18:56
Topic discussed and ready to close.
What You discussed nothing ? You're trashing the thread!:(
I could honestly give less than two and a half shits about this thread and its functions.Thank You Tim for you're Kind Words And lovely vocabulary and being respectful of others feelings i couldn't ask for more
There's always a chance to discuss this topic with rationality, without making wars.
thank you Argos for you're support
Although it isn't my decision,
You sure are right on that Admins and mods will close it if they see that it's the right decision if not the thread will stay
I vote for it to be closed..sorry but i did not add a poll asking if it's required to close a thread that i just opened you guys are getting off topic and that's a Big No No:nunu:
there for I'll give u a hint of what i wish you would discuss Tattoos ,teddy, Hugs And being a member of the actual Emo community, Hardcore music,Punk,
Please respect each Other and Respect Emo*
so there's no reason to bring it back.
yes there are a few Emo that agree on bringing the thread Back:coctail:
So...
Lets get back on topic and and act as nice little respectful users at this Online Community
Enjoy the thread

Mossopp
28-08-2008, 19:26
Slayer, if you want to talk about "emo" so much then how about actually starting a discussion? All you did was open a thread - you did nothing to actually start any kind of conversation, and then you complain when no one reacts positively to the thread.
As far as I'm concerned there's nothing to discuss. The entire subject was run into the ground in the last thread. So it's up to you: what have you got to say on the topic?

manatsu103
28-08-2008, 19:36
Tim, Amanda, Conner, Daniel, Chris?!

Wha? I dont know... do what ever! :laugh:
^^
Some people call me emo. But I dont like stereotypes..
There like "Ohhh Conner wears emo clothes, he's so emo!!"
To which I respond "I wear what I like, many genre's of clothes interest me.
I am not emo, I just have depression."

I dont favor emo, I think it is sorta ridiculous, "Oh look at me I wanna
fit in and be cool! Lets go cut myself for attention."

Depression is a REAL diesiese, not something that should be flonted over
and made normal into teen society.
I should know.

I also dont like the types of music "emo" kids listen to, which is ussually screamo crap, or punk music.
So people come up to me and ask "Hey do you like "Devil Wears Prada" or "Bullet for my Valentine"???"
To which I respond "Yeah right! That music is shit, the sound quality is terrible, the vocals can be screamed by anybody,
if you wanna listen to REAL music go buy a t.A.T.u. album, or Frou Frou."

lol :D
:heart:

*I could never hate you Slayer, your too cute!*

Talyubittu
28-08-2008, 21:42
To which I respond "I wear what I like, many genre's of clothes interest me.

Conner, clothes don't have genres, they have styles.

Amanda
28-08-2008, 21:56
i did not add a poll asking if it's required to close a threadI wasn't talking to you. Stefan (crazy malchik) asked my opinion and I gave it to him.

dradeel
28-08-2008, 22:20
So people come up to me and ask "Hey do you like "Devil Wears Prada" or "Bullet for my Valentine"???"
To which I respond "Yeah right! That music is shit, the sound quality is terrible, the vocals can be screamed by anybody,Not that I like the bands you mentioned, but as far as what I've heard of Bullet for my Valentine the production is neat ... but that aside. More importantly; Screaming, growling, grim and gutteral vocals etc are not random at all and cannot be done by anybody at any time. If you haven't got any practice you'll sound like a wounded donkey.

Also; REAL music is all music, since you can't have unreal music. I would in such a case need a good example backed up with convincing arguments. Now, I bet you wouldn't enjoy old garage recordings of black metal bands from the early 90s, but others will find hours upon hours of pleasure in just a single recording. It might sound noisy and confusing, but it's still music. Don't spit on other people's happiness just because it isn't yours. They probably don't mean it as an insult when they ask you if you like those bands ;)

Edgar
28-08-2008, 22:29
I don't know
My opinion about Emo is ok

I have emo friends, and they're cool and tender person..... Maybe Emo is another style of person in Hispano-America but i don't think

Talyubittu
28-08-2008, 22:29
Also; REAL music is all music, since you can't have unreal music. I would in such a case need a good example backed up with convincing arguments. Now, I bet you wouldn't enjoy old garage recordings of black metal bands from the early 90s, but others will find hours upon hours of pleasure in just a single recording. It might sound noisy and confusing, but it's still music. Don't spit on other people's happiness just because it isn't yours. They probably don't mean it as an insult when they ask you if you like those bands

Nobody said it wasn't "Real Music" - he just said it sounds like shit. I concur.

Mossopp
28-08-2008, 22:39
Not that I like the bands you mentioned, but as far as what I've heard of Bullet for my Valentine the production is neat ... but that aside. More importantly; Screaming, growling, grim and gutteral vocals etc are not random at all and cannot be done by anybody at any time. If you haven't got any practice you'll sound like a wounded donkey.
Also; REAL music is all music, since you can't have unreal music. I would in such a case need a good example backed up with convincing arguments. Now, I bet you wouldn't enjoy old garage recordings of black metal bands from the early 90s, but others will find hours upon hours of pleasure in just a single recording. It might sound noisy and confusing, but it's still music. Don't spit on other people's happiness just because it isn't yours. They probably don't mean it as an insult when they ask you if you like those bands ;)

^ Quoted for truth.

I know this is a tATu forum but, seriously, how can anyone honestly put forward the opinion that tATu are better that Bullet For My Valentine or The Devil Wears Prada? The very notion itself is laughable. For starters, both Bullet and TDWP write their own music and play their own instruments. Immediately that's 2 points they have in their favour over tATu.

Secondly, I thought this was an "emo" thread. Neither Bullet nor Devil Wears Prada are 'emo' bands, so why were they even mentioned?

Thirdly, "emo" is a genre of music. It's not a fashion or a lifestyle choice. It's about the music. Why do people always lose sight of that fundamental fact?

dradeel
29-08-2008, 00:13
Thirdly, "emo" is a genre of music. It's not a fashion or a lifestyle choice. It's about the music. Why do people always lose sight of that fundamental fact?I feel that this is a debatable issue... as far as I've seen there are no spesific genre of music alone called "emo", however there are some genres where emo is a style the bands can chose to imply in the already established genre they're playing, no? Hehe. I admit I haven't diven that far into the current "emo music", cause it's not something I've fallen for. I only care about what I like. :)

However, saying 'emo is not a fashion' is a statement I dunno if I can agree with. It might not historically be so, but today it's a most certainly a fashion. They even sell clothes branded as emo. I see the "emo look" everywhere. I've had the impression that it's very well established as a trend, but as far as lifestyle go I agree, of course.
Nobody said it wasn't "Real Music"
I know he didn't mean it as literally as I implied in my answer, but I'm still picky in his choice of words :)

Khartoun2004
29-08-2008, 04:24
No there is a genre of music that is specifically emo, most people don't know what they are talking about when they label the majority of bands out there "emo". Emo is short for Emotional Punk, examples would be... Death Cab for Cutie, The Juliana Theory, Old school Jimmy Eat World, Brand New and Emery.

MCR - Not emo, Screamo
Senses Fail - Not emo, Scremo
Good Charlotte - Not emo, shitty pop punk
AFI - Not emo, Hardcore/ Post Hardcore

Make sense?

Mossopp, you like Paramore right? You should check out a band called Automatic Loveletter. They are way better than Paramore, and the lead singer Juliet (totally awesome and real in person I might add) comes up with the most thought provoking lyrics.

manatsu103
29-08-2008, 04:47
OMG you guys are right this topic does start alot of BS.
lol, jk. :D

Guys I dont even care, these statements I made are on my opinion.
And in my opinion...

EMO IS STUPID! Very dumb, and ridiculious, why would a person want to
be sad? Waaaa, cry me a river, move on with your life.
I try to think and believe in positive things, in this unpositive world.
so idc.....
:rolleyes:

If I have ofended anyone, I am extremely sorry!
I just dont like some music groups... sorry...
I actually have met "Devil Wears Prada" when they came to Springfield, and they seem very nice. :D
I just dont like that kinda music....

You should all know by now that I love you all, no matter of what opinions you have,
what style you wear, what music you listen to, how you look, etc."
So I guess my style is Love. Plain and simple.
:heart:

Talyubittu
29-08-2008, 06:16
I know this is a tATu forum but, seriously, how can anyone honestly put forward the opinion that tATu are better that Bullet For My Valentine or The Devil Wears Prada? The very notion itself is laughable. For starters, both Bullet and TDWP write their own music and play their own instruments. Immediately that's 2 points they have in their favour over tATu.

That's a matter of opinion. I don't care how accomplished a band is, t.A.T.u. will always be number one in my book on talent. It's not like the girls have no musical education. They did help with the sound producing on Lyudi Invalidy and they do both play musical instruments.

jamaica
29-08-2008, 07:17
EMO IS STUPID! Very dumb, and ridiculious, why would a person want to be sad? Waaaa, cry me a river, move on with your life.
I try to think and believe in positive things, in this unpositive world.
so idc.....
:rolleyes:

Not everyone relates "emo" to a need to feel sad all the time. From what I've read here so far, some equate it to music, some to clothing and lifestyle, etc. -- which, I guess, is where all the confusion and arguments are coming from. There is no set definition for the word itself. Or maybe there is, but I don't care enough to bother looking it up. :D

Amanda
29-08-2008, 08:38
Brand NewI freaking love Brand New :dead:

Slayer
29-08-2008, 09:58
*I could never hate you Slayer, your too cute!*
Right Back at you Babe*:heart:

Well let's start with this (http://www.quizrocket.com/emo-quiz/)...
This is one of those stupid emo quizzes. Are you emo? How Emo are you? Really, what's the point of an emo quiz, anyway? Do you really need a stupid test to find out how emo you are? Whatever. It doesn't really matter, but take the quiz anyway. :)
then say how much you scored!
How to Be Emo

Have you recently felt depressed? Alone? Abandoned by your family and friends? Misunderstood by the world? If you have, and like to express your puzzled feelings and emotions in poetry and music, chances are you're what today's society considers "emo".

Steps

1.Understand what emo is.
"Emo" has many meanings. Some would say its only a genre of music, categorized by hardcore music with sad, emotional lyrics. Others consider it only a brief way to call someone "emotional". Still, there are those who believe "emo" is a lifesytle and choose to live their lives the "emo" way. Like any style, fashion or culture, the exact definition is up for debate and often varies according to personal expression. The term emo is loosely associated with emotional rock; most emos like underground or indie music.
2.Appreciate emo music.
Emo is a rock music genre, usually consisting of emotional lyrics and optional "screamo." Over the years, this music genre was usually seen as underground until recent times, making emo music more popular than ever. This music sometimes consists of lyrics seen by many as "whiny," and "sensitive." Listen to a lot of emo bands, and maybe even consider picking up an instrument, such as a bass or guitar. Also try the violin, if you invest enough time into it emo songs on the violin are incredibly emo-sounding. The drums can also be a very good instrument. You may even want to write your own songs by writing poetry and turning it into songs.
3.Test yourself.
Try listening to emo music. If you end up liking this type of music, and come out sobbing after you’re done with the album, you’re probably a "true" emo. Getting inner emo is all a matter of finding out of you have it or not.
4.Dress emo.
After you have discovered your inner emo, try shopping for a new wardrobe. Emo fashion has roots in both punk and goth. Wear tight jeans, tight shirts with emo band logos on them, studded belts, and an old, black and worn down pair of sneakers. Thick, black-rimmed glasses are not uncommon for emo guys. Also, stripes and checkers are big in the emo culture.
5.Get an emo hairstyle.
Dye it black or brown with perhaps some blond or unnatural color streaks, especially in the bangs. If you are a girl, you may possibly want to cut your hair to a very short bob-like hairstyle but keep your bangs long, swept drastically to one side and covering your eye. Or, for those who like long hair, get many choppy layers and highlights. For a guy, you may want to spike up the back side, and pat down on the front side. You could also get your bangs/fringe dyed a lighter color than the rest of your hair.
6.Get the attitude.
A lot of times, emo is associated with being bitter, depressed, insecure and resentful. But at its core, you can be emo because you're sensitive, introspective, thoughtful, and quiet. Don't ever be loud or in anyone's face; focus on your own emotional life.

Tips

When applying eyeliner, do not be afraid to apply to the inside of the lids, not below, it adds a more dramatic affect.
When shopping for emo clothing, be sure to check stores like Hot Topic, Vans, and Spencers (for accessories), you will be able to find most of what your looking for there.
Remember, that you CAN wear other colors than black. Though black is a very popular color among emos, you don't want to wear too much or people might mistake you for "gothic" (NOT a good thing).
Do not try too hard to be emo, others will see you as a poser.
Do not go around telling people you are emo, let them figure it out for themselves, or they will call you a poser.
If someone asks you if you are emo, simple shrug your shoulders or deny it. If they asked you, chances are, their opinions are already made and then your approval isn't going to change it much.

Warnings

Real emo music is not popular and will be hard to find in most music stores.
Do not tell people that you're emo or that you are trying to be emo, let them figure it out for themselves, or you will be called a poser.
You may be subjected to negative criticisms by your non-emo friends and possibly the majority of society, just ignore them.
I will not tell you that cutting yourself is bad, in some ways it does help, and I'm not going to criticize you, bit I will warn you, people do not think highly of "cutters" and will not treat you kindly if they find out. It could even lead to more serious consequences such as counseling. If you do cut, do not make it known and be aware of the consequences.

Things You'll Need

Skinny jeans
Band/graphic tee shirt
Converse/Vans sneakers
Studded belt
Emo hair cut (very important)
Black tote bag (with or without pins)
Accessories
Ipod, Mp3, Zune, other music devise
Your parent's approval <-(LMFAO):lol:

PS:Emo is not For Everyone

And you're all set to Be EmO!:coctail:

Mossopp
29-08-2008, 11:09
All this thread is doing is perpetuating stereotypes.
This is all very tiresome.

jamaica
29-08-2008, 18:33
Geez, I never knew you had to follow steps in order to be something or someone. Personally, I think it's either you are or you aren't. Let the definition fit you, not the other way around because that's just pretentious. But hey, maybe that's just me. :p

Slayer
31-08-2008, 08:40
Let the definition fit you, not the other way around because that's just pretentious. But hey, maybe that's just me. :p
Yeah you're absolutely Right on that :)
But it' s worth the try LOL:coctail:

Slayer
22-09-2011, 20:40
You're not emo! I'm a true emo! No you are the worlds biggest poser and fake.
The #1 rule never ever say you're emo!!;)
You can never be you just are and being.
Besides Emo is an insult never call me that again !!!!!!:mad:

sakuya
22-09-2011, 23:14
jeez its so 2005 now.lol.

Winkie
26-09-2011, 14:28
Well I have to admit that all the whining on these two pages does live up to the stereotype of emo. Good job guys!

Slayer
27-09-2011, 20:19
Well I have to admit that all the whining on these two pages does live up to the stereotype of emo. Good job guys!

Oh why thank you my lady :D.

Argos
27-09-2011, 20:46
...and I thought it's about music... :confused:

Slayer
27-09-2011, 23:16
...and I thought it's about music... :confused:

How in the world did you think it's about music it a life trend!
Beside have you never heard the word before?:rolleyes:

Argos
28-09-2011, 19:16
How in the world did you think it's about music it a life trend!
Because I witnessed the beginning of the whole emocore scene with all its implications long before you wetted your diapers for the first time.
Beside have you never heard the word before?:rolleyes:
Where I live we have a different term for those people you describe as emo - Pompfinebara (from french: pompe funèbre - pompous funeral), because they behave and have face expressions like someone who is speaking words of mourning. :laugh:

Well, to make it short - what you describe as emo is not a life trend, it's some kind of childhood disease - you get it once (reaching puberty), when healed (usually when you have learned to live independently from the 'fruits' of your own achievements), you will be immune a life long. Usually only a small part of teenagers are affected: those who don't have the physique to be successful in sports, those who don't have the stamina for weekly (or daily) drinking contests, and those who don't have a younger sister who they can bully to increase their self-esteem. :gigi:

Slayer
29-09-2011, 11:26
what you describe as emo is not a life trend, it's some kind of childhood disease - you get it once (reaching puberty), when healed (usually when you have learned to live independently from the 'fruits' of your own achievements), you will be immune a life long. Usually only a small part of teenagers are affected: those who don't have the physique to be successful in sports, those who don't have the stamina for weekly (or daily) drinking contests, and those who don't have a younger sister who they can bully to increase their self-esteem. :gigi:See you got it !!! BTW You made me nearly fall off my chair laughing! :lol: