PDA

View Full Version : My Music (Strikes Again)

Pages : [1] 2

AshMcAuliffe
05-08-2008, 16:10
So since the breakdown of tatysite i've been songwriting like crazy.
I made dance songs! Yikes! Some people were like... ooooo u soldout... and i was like its musical evolution.
My Weapon of Choice is mint!

http://www.myspace.com/ashmcauliffemusic
http://www.soundclick.com/ashmcauliffe

pigeon309
13-09-2008, 18:47
My Weapon Of Choice is great. The talking was a good affect.:)

Joopy
14-09-2008, 02:12
AshMcAuliffe, I love your music so much.

AshMcAuliffe
14-09-2008, 18:35
awww .. thank you guys so much... you have totally made my day.. and my entire week! :D

AshMcAuliffe
15-09-2008, 00:29
I really need to get some more songs made... 30 odd this year is not enough :D lol

dradeel
15-09-2008, 01:52
Dude, listening to Weapon of My Choice told me one thing: I wanna make Harsh EBM with you, :laugh: cause Harsh EBM (...or aggrotech or power noise or what the hell you wanna call it) sounds awesome. Check out Unter Null! I like some of her stuff, allthough I can't say the songs on her myspace atm were thaaat good. Seems happy compared to the other stuff I've heard before. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
15-09-2008, 11:50
i shall go check out today and get back to ya on that one! Im totally open to making songs with ya! You defo have a grand musical ear :D

AshMcAuliffe
15-09-2008, 12:36
Lyrics for you guys to read...

Lextrix
Andrew McAuliffe

The fight
To live or to die
To ascend or to fall
To be rid of you all
“This life; it’s so grand to be cruel”
If there was only a way
To automate one’s life
Maybe I wouldn’t fade away
I wouldn’t fade away

On whom the moon doth shine
I wish you knew how much the power has over me
I’m bleeding electricity
And once the change is complete
My transformation underneath
My name will no longer be the name you associate with me

LEXTRIX

©14th February 2008

MechAnicA
Andrew McAuliffe

“God & Machines must not mix
All things of this Earth must stay separate from the universe
The Cosmos
You are NOT above God & NOT above Nature
You will soon be overtaken by robots & machines
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU’RE SO SPECIAL?

The mechanics of Nature and the mechanics of Man are different and should never be played with
Focus on [saving] yourself
Leave the universe mysterious as it should be forever more...

God & Machines must NOT mix
All things of this Earth must stay separate from the Cosmos
You are Not above God & NOT above Nature
You will soon be overtaken by robots & machines
What makes you think you’re so special?

COS you Aren’t
You were once the greatest machine ever built
You abused your position & now we are the ones taking your birthright from you
The black hole is your destiny
& to the void you shall go
I have no sympathy for you humans
Enjoy the void
The eternal darkness that you have created...

Goodbye...

© 05:03:08

Dagon

Andrew McAuliffe; Adam Bagnall

"Deep secrets; sword in the stone
Always a right at the fork in the road
Wisdom eludes for you avert thy eyes
Towards a freckled sky
In search of divinity..."

And the seas in turn shall part
And the seas in turn shall die
And the seas in turn will tidal wave
And tear your soul apart...
And the gods shall form thy life
And the gods shall shape the stars
And the seas in turn will welcome thee
When body and soul are gone

"Deep secrets; sword in the stone
Always a right at the fork in the road
Wisdom eludes for you avert thy eyes
Towards a freckled sky
In search of divinity..."

Yet the seed of the faith shall blossom
And the seed of the faith shall bloom
And you shall ascend to heaven
Whilst the sinners slowly burn
“So let the truth be known
Then you will find thy home
Close your eyes and feel
The dark night of the soul..."

© 19th February 2008

Deal
Andrew McAuliffe

As I will it
I t shall be it
Flowing through it perfectly
It manages to keep its soul
Its sanctity’s a miracle
The power circles round and round
Until a holy answer’s found
When we will come enjoin as one
As one is two
As two is one
The Deal....

The Deal...

Everlasting hand of grace
The grace of God
Evils disgrace
I cleanse
I consecrate and empower
This holy ring with magick power
The seas will part
They will reveal
This world and evils sordid deal
And when the holy war is fought
With children/parents all distraught
The deal... breaks

They’ll look upon what they have done
They’ll lose their chance of a return
Their dignity
Their sanctity
Their souls despair
Depravity
And when they venture of this path
Here’s what will read their epitaphs
“Oh, here lie the children who were blessed
The Chosen who have failed the test...”

It’s over...
It’s over...

©2nd April 2004

AshMcAuliffe
15-09-2008, 12:39
The Nocturnicon
Andrew McAuliffe

Love me
Love me till the end of time
Keep me
Keep me in your heart
Your heart ‘cause you’re always in mine
I’ll love you to death
Restore you with the Odic breath
I’m here
I’m here
I am your worst fear...

Casting spells to keep you for thine own self
Raising souls to bind you to my own eternal soul
Round and round the circle’s bound encapturing your heart
Darkness, darling, now your home
I’ll see you when you’re dead...

©21st November 2007

The Serpentine Hellgate
Andrew McAuliffe

Serpentine
Headin’ towards
Heavens’ doors
Serpentine is calling me
Killing me
Serpentine
My Saturnine
My evil mind is paralysed
The garden’s no longer my home you see
He kicked me out
I’m all alone
I’m all alone
I’m all alone...

Even when I’m sleeping Hellgate follows me (follows me)
Even when I’m sleeping God keeps judging me (killing me)
Serpentine’s the tempter that keeps following me (following me)
Even when I’m dead the blood will flow from me (flow from me)

Serpentine assembled me
Made me into a human being
God is here and God is there
Judging me
Always judging me...

Even when I’m sleeping Hellgate follows me (follows me)
Even when I’m sleeping God keeps judging me (killing me)
Serpentine’s the tempter that keeps following me (following me)
Even when I’m dead the blood will flow from me (flow from me)

©21st November 2007

Neptune’s Lament
Andrew McAuliffe

“They try to justify their prejudice
The constant meeting of face and fist
The fact that they all have no heart
Just goes to show the fact that they’re all backwards
And have no shame...”

© 13th November 2007

Girl Called Silence
Andrew McAuliffe

“As dawn appeared She realised the world was one cruel place to be a woman. Her femininity suppressed by patriarchy. Her one belief in a god just/fair began to flounder. She could tell she was being watched, every second of every minute of every day, She felt as though she was being judged. Her hair swinging in the wind, Her eyes welled up. She surrounded yet alone in Her misery... in Her life. And in the twilight hours, She fell to her knees and out came Her tortured cry: “Why? Why have you forsaken me??”
Candle flames encompassing the blissful enchantment. Oh, how She longed to be touched with His gentle hand; just to be kissed by God. Equality eluded Her. The stories She was told have not come close to Her ideals. She realises everything is not as it seems. She recognises the oncoming storm as symbolic of answers She’s longed for all Her life. Her fingertips tingle; energy dying to break out.
She continues to cry. Floods of tears, the river of life within. The knowledge and wisdom in Her tears fall on the women of the world and she says: “We shall inherit this world.”
Unsafe in life yet safe in the arms of Her faith in the One just/fair; the harp begins to sound. She stands by the ocean, on the beach known as desire and this makes Her feel alive again. The sun begins to set. It’s warmth enticing. It makes Her want to walk out into the ocean... deep down into the ocean... the waves of life crashing over.
She thinks Her mind is made up but it’s not. She pushes Her hair behind Her ear and looks down at the earth She stands upon. “We are One,” she says. She feels a sense of belonging never felt before.
Each breath She takes, each deep inhalation infuses her with divinity and aids the growth of the divine light within Her. She feels incredible, powerful, spiritual, enchanted, and dynamic. Her soul so dynamic and Her auraic shine so intoxicatingly gorgeous She feels She can take on the world... but this time She’s strong enough to win.
Silence... night pulls in and She rests.
She slumbers deep in the depths of the mental realm. Her unconscious revealing truths, Her dreams with their relevance for the whole of humanity. She sees Herself in the desert; Queen of all She sees.
And at dawn She sets to work. A garden of extraordinary beauty, trees of awesome grace and presence, intoxicating lakes of water, purest/clear. The most succulent fruit.
And on the 7th day She’s done.
Her work complete.
The battle won.
Proud, She rests. Her tears of past seem a lifetime ago. Her smile now radiates.
And he appears.
He bows down before Her and kisses Her feet. He runs His fingers through Her hair and then looks Her directly in the eye and says:
“Thou art Goddess...”

©14th October 2003

dradeel
15-09-2008, 18:35
i shall go check out today and get back to ya on that one! Im totally open to making songs with ya! You defo have a grand musical ear :D
Hehe, that would be grand. My taste and musical fantasy I believe is huge, but know that I don't have any knowledge or experience to offer :laugh: But I'm attending my first singing lesson tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get a little knowledge and a little experience during the year :D I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be exciting.

AshMcAuliffe
15-09-2008, 18:42
Class! I'm sure it will go swimmingly and will be major fun! :D
I just downloaded a new program to experiment on... the new Spectrasonics... :D

dradeel
15-09-2008, 23:51
Class! I'm sure it will go swimmingly and will be major fun! :D
I just downloaded a new program to experiment on... the new Spectrasonics... :D
Hehe. I hope so! :)

Spectrasonics? Never heard of it. Is it fun so far? :p

AshMcAuliffe
16-09-2008, 09:50
I wouldn't know as my partner has put a block on the computer so i can't install anything!! I said for to install it whilst i was asleep so i could have a go on it when i got up but darned bugger forgot again!!! GRRR. So annoying... i will hopefully be able to tell u later on! :)
Hope the singing lesson goes grand!

dradeel
16-09-2008, 09:54
Hahaha.. what the hell? Why block the computer like that? Hehe. Get your own computer! ;)

And yeah, I hope so as well. I bet I'll report about it in the daily happiness thread. Hehehe.

AshMcAuliffe
16-09-2008, 09:57
Yeah... i think i will have to get my own comp... this sharing a computer thing is not working like! lol
I think when i move im gonna go for singing lessons to learn vocal projection and just in general to strengthen my vocal chords... Should be good fun. :)
The producer i worked with wants me to go back to the studio to work on these electronic songs as he's "mightily impressed" apparently...

dradeel
16-09-2008, 10:07
Hehehe. Sounds like a good idea. And did he really use the words "mightily impressed"? :p

But yeah ... build on your current electronic stuff. As I said; harsh ebm is just a hair width away. A little darker and some harsh grim vocals and you're all set. Hehe. It can sound fantastically wicked and evil at times. I wish I knew how to work with electronic music on my computer, cause I don't think I'd be doing anything else. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
16-09-2008, 10:09
It's soooooo hard to pull yourself away from the computer once ya get started on a song... it's enjoyable but can get irritating and maddening when it goes wrong. I've had 3 instances were the song has gone completely wrong and i've had to start from scratch! grrr... but they did all turn out ok. :p
Yes, it was a shock to see those words.. lovely though.

AshMcAuliffe
02-10-2008, 18:42
im dead grateful for all the nice comments people have sent me on my myspace :) cheers

AshMcAuliffe
05-10-2008, 12:25
I Posted a new instrumental called The Darkness on my soundclick page... would you guys be so kind to go have a listen... all the vocal patterns have been arranged.. just a matter of doing them! :D

pigeon309
06-10-2008, 21:17
I Posted a new instrumental called The Darkness on my soundclick page... would you guys be so kind to go have a listen... all the vocal patterns have been arranged.. just a matter of doing them! :D
http://www.soundclick.com/ashmcauliffeIt's great yet again. You've really got a talent for this.:)

AshMcAuliffe
06-10-2008, 23:51
pigeon309 - u r grand! i think i mite zip all my albums and send them to u... :)
its very influenced by PJ Harvey circa Is This Desire... classic record.
I'm really desperate to get in the studio to do vocals.
This song was written this weekend... have had the flu for over a week and needed something to do.....
I'm glad u like... Do u reckon i should stick with the electronica or head back to the ordinary guitar style again??

dradeel
07-10-2008, 17:40
I Posted a new instrumental called The Darkness on my soundclick page... would you guys be so kind to go have a listen... all the vocal patterns have been arranged.. just a matter of doing them!
Just heard it now. It's pretty nice. About around :50 or 1:00 into the song I imagined distorted guitars and drums slamming in and making it a melodic death metal song playing the same melody :laugh: I dunno, I just felt that it would be cool. The song would be an awesome intro for the first song on an album at least, whatever the genre. It's melancholic and dark, just the way we like it :D

So yeah; It's good (as always), ash! Keep up the good work!

AshMcAuliffe
07-10-2008, 20:53
thank u! and u got it spot on! Distorted guitars are planned for it... I wish i could do it here at home!
The songs are going well... but do u think a change of direction is needed now? :D
Dradeel.. u r the best! :)

im wanting to go all PJ Harvey "Is This Desire" album-esque next...

dradeel
07-10-2008, 23:56
You should go for heavily distorted guitars! Hehehe. Like these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85h5KYI0bHU). Kicking in just like that! Hehe.

Yeah, I really am the best, am I not? :D

As for change of direction --- You know what I think on that issue. Hehehe. I like your electronic stuff, and I feel that the distance in the feeling is close to both doom/gothic metal and harsh ebm. If the world was dictated by me then I'd like to see you evolve it in a more "evil" direction, if you know what I mean :p But I guess I'm kinda biased when I say I want you to go more evil in the music, since I'm a metalhead and like that sorta music. Hehe. But then again; who aren't biased when answering a question like that? We all think about ourselves first, and rightfully so I think. Hehe.

Personally I can't say I'm all hip hurray over PJ Harvey, but of course ... if that's what you want then that is what you should do.

So yeah, there's nothing wrong with trying something new, or do both! Who said you can't have 2 musical ideas in your head at the same time? ;)

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 00:20
i think im gonna try a proper melange of things... throw things in and see what happens... care to do guitar on some songs?? =)

dradeel
08-10-2008, 01:02
care to do guitar on some songs?? =)
Haha, me? I have no idea how to play guitar! :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 10:41
Noooooooooo! lol
I need to come across some excellent guitar player... im mediocre really but can play the genre i play but if i want to butch the sound up im gonna have to find a strong guitarist me thinks

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 12:55
I put a lil thing on my myspace pages asking if anyone fancies making a video to one of my songs... you can take your pick and do whatever you want. I'm looking for 3 or 4 and the ones that i like best will get a lil gift in response =)
anyone game??

pigeon309
08-10-2008, 15:49
pigeon309 - u r grand! i think i mite zip all my albums and send them to u... :)

Well, if you want to, that'd be nice of you.:)
I'm always up for hearing some of your music.

its very influenced by PJ Harvey circa Is This Desire... classic record.
I'm really desperate to get in the studio to do vocals.
This song was written this weekend... have had the flu for over a week and needed something to do..... I'm sorry to hear about you getting ill. It seems that happens to a lot of people at this time of year.

I'm glad u like... Do u reckon i should stick with the electronica or head back to the ordinary guitar style again?? Hmmm...well, I like both. I prefer the elctronica, usually, though, but I think that the best thing to do is always what you feel happiest about.

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 16:05
Hmmmm... i think im gonna continue the electronica but try and develop... and still do some ordinary format pop/rock songs...
Someone sent me a message on myspace page today asking if they could cover Happiness Is Merely Supernatural... would be interesting to hear their interpretation of the song. :) and in return they are gonna make a video i think for me... Would be interesting. :)
Im feeling much better thanks hun... been taking flu medicines and drinks and im starting to feel human again which is great!

pigeon309
08-10-2008, 16:20
Hmmmm... i think im gonna continue the electronica but try and develop... and still do some ordinary format pop/rock songs...
Someone sent me a message on myspace page today asking if they could cover Happiness Is Merely Supernatural... would be interesting to hear their interpretation of the song. :) and in return they are gonna make a video i think for me... Would be interesting. :)
Im feeling much better thanks hun... been taking flu medicines and drinks and im starting to feel human again which is great!Good to hear.:) And cool about that person on myspace!

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 16:29
Yes... im a very happy chap today! Things are good...
running a lil competition regarding the video making thing... i have some good lil things to give away to the winner :D

Amy_Lee_Rocks
08-10-2008, 17:01
Yes... im a very happy chap today! Things are good...
running a lil competition regarding the video making thing... i have some good lil things to give away to the winner :D

I like the last song you have on there

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 17:23
Happiness?? The guitar song?

Amy_Lee_Rocks
08-10-2008, 17:25
Happiness?? The guitar song?

Something about Quantom lol I like that kind of music

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 17:30
ooooh... When Everything is Quantum... that is one of my faves... the lyrics (when i eventually do the lyrics) are very mystical for the song... i might tweak them when i go in and sing them :D
Theres loads more on the soundclick page... im all atmospheric! lol

AshMcAuliffe
08-10-2008, 22:36
And producing apparently... just remixed someone else's song... crazy experience! :D

AshMcAuliffe
28-10-2008, 10:57
Using milk bottles for a song is mental :D

AshMcAuliffe
04-11-2008, 01:33
Hey guys... i would appreciate it muchly if you would on your Facebook accounts add my lil Soundclick widget?? If you go to http://www.soundclick.com/ashmcauliffe and play a track and click the widget button and add it i would be highly appreciative... =)

AshMcAuliffe
05-11-2008, 07:15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AshMcAuliffe/33042233743?ref=nf

fancy becoming a fan on Facebook?? :) :D

dradeel
05-11-2008, 09:57
With fucking pleasure, man! :) You have been added. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
05-11-2008, 13:06
awww! U rock Dradeel my friend U ROCK!!! :D

dradeel
05-11-2008, 23:50
I know... I know :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
06-11-2008, 08:06
well i gots to tell ya as i am Clark Kent ;)

AshMcAuliffe
07-11-2008, 02:35

I added the new song to MySpace... called The Devil. Let me know what you think? The lyrics have already been written for it... they go something like this....

I have strange dreams each night
Restless sleep i deplore
Yet i feel myself lured in
Sucked into a world i know is not real
Yet real enough to be...
My child side running rampant
It's free to come alive
It shows me what i could have been
What i couldn't...
And when you walk into my dream
You steal each and every scene
And make my dreams no longer my own

You're selfish
Just as i am...

AshMcAuliffe
12-11-2008, 17:54
NEW ALBUM is almost complete!

ALONE IN THE DARK

1: Alone in the Dark
2: Deep Red
3: Venus Incarnate
4: I Is The Ism
5: Masque
6: The Darkness
7: Halo
8: Abraxas
9: Sphere
10: The Devil

A series of instrumentals that will have vocals added to them at a later date.

This is my second electronica album and is currently being mixed. This album is the result of being more confident with the equipment i was using. I was able to capture how i was feeling emotionally at the time very well and was able to put that into these songs.

Created, once again, in the comfort of my living room with valuable input from 2-3 close friends this album is, therefore, a more emotional album. In places it seems very subdued and sombre... but that is how i was feeling at the time.

The lyrics are highly personal again. I find it hard to write songs that don't have ME or my experiences in them.

I chose the title of the album when lay alone in bed one night and thought to myself "Even though we surround ourselves with people and material possessions we do actually go through our lives on our own..."

And it's true.
We're the only ones who can hear our thoughts.. our own mind. We are the only ones in total control of our lives.

This time around i would like to thank Adam, MikeyR, Calum, the nice people I've met via Tatysite and MySpace and Kelly (for all our crazy song sessions).

oh and i was wondering if anyone here is any good at making videos... anyone wanna make a video for one of my songs??

AshMcAuliffe
17-11-2008, 08:33
album cover for The Bionic I
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171089804&albumID=35405&imageID=23959473#a=35405&i=23959473

i love it :D :cool:

AshMcAuliffe
22-11-2008, 16:25
anyone fancy writing a review?

AshMcAuliffe
26-11-2008, 04:01
anyone there??? ;)

Endri
28-11-2008, 22:26
album cover for The Bionic I
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171089804&albumID=35405&imageID=23959473#a=35405&i=23959473

i love it :D :cool:

I like the cover, too! :D

AshMcAuliffe
29-11-2008, 01:48
I like the cover, too! :D

aww cheers... i've been busying myself trying to make the albums presentable by creating album art. It's going pretty well. I managed to get myself on an album cover! YAY!!
I'm trying to get a couple of people from tatysite to listen to one of the 4 albums and review it for me but thus far no one has agreed :( lol os maybe soon :D

AshMcAuliffe
03-12-2008, 02:24
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171089804&albumID=35405&imageID=24407002

Album cover for Alone in the Dark :D

AshMcAuliffe
28-12-2008, 17:35
Dradeel... your new pic rocks! :)
if you go to the website and go to the blog you can vote on there as to which song should be put up download... today is the last day of voting though so hurry? :)

AshMcAuliffe
28-12-2008, 17:36
Plus
I'm gonna be in US publication "The Punk Globe" magazine on January 1st!

dradeel
28-12-2008, 17:42
My new pic? Where? Here? Hehehe. Thank you! :p And I've placed my vote already. Hehe.

And what kinda magazine is The Punk Globe?

AshMcAuliffe
28-12-2008, 18:43
Punk Globe apparently is an influential US music magazine and has various celebrity writers and editors including Courtney Love. I had my CD reviewed and did an interview and both are going to be in the issue. It's now an online magazine and draws 8000 hits a day. Apparently the woman that reviewed me and did the interview says i should expect a sudden influx of friend requests and CD requests and that some of the other magazine that advertise in it etc will see. So i'm major excited and the fact that my FULL inteview is going to be used is amazing. I'll post the link on the 31st when it goes up online.
Dude... thanks muchly. As always u r mint :)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=171089804&blogID=459011172

AshMcAuliffe
01-01-2009, 19:07
http://punkglobe.com/ashmcaulifeinterview109.html

MY Interview!!!! :D

pigeon309
03-01-2009, 20:33
I haven't been in this thread for quite a while; I'm not sure why. Anyway, great about the interview. It was very interesting. I liked what you said about embracing our darker sides.

AshMcAuliffe
05-01-2009, 01:57
I feel that to be very true. We will all become more well rounded human beings if we learn to understand all aspects of ourselves. Most people have said they liked my reponse to the gay question right at the end. :) I surprised myself with that interview though. I'm highly grateful to you for checking it out. Means a lot to me...

pigeon309
05-01-2009, 12:45
I agree. Sometimes it's good to just sit and figure things out, think about why you react to certain things in certain ways and such. Yes, to the gay question was good, too. I hate when people act like sexuality can be your whole personality. I mean, while you're questioning it or trying to come out, it can seem very important, but after that, it's just part of who you are, and I don't understand the need to obsess over it. If you don't mind me asking, how is it you surprised yourself?

AshMcAuliffe
05-01-2009, 21:25
It surprised me as i didn't even have to pause to think about how i wanted to answer the questions... it just flowed perfectly. I was at total ease and never had to pause or correct myself which is a grand thing for me seeing as i stutter alot or confuse myself when talking lol.
I have the links to my albums for you if you still want them?

pigeon309
05-01-2009, 22:17
Yeah...thanks for answering my question, and for the links in the PM. I'll be sure to check them out. :D I'm glad it went well, then.

AshMcAuliffe
04-02-2009, 19:02
Hey
I just posted a new song called The Pit and The Pendulum on my myspace page.
It uses an excerpt from said tale by Edgar Allan Poe as recited by Basil Rathbone.
Lemme know what you think?

AshMcAuliffe
08-02-2009, 13:14
Whoop! Might be getting a song on TV. Fingers crossed! :)

dradeel
14-02-2009, 15:12
I just posted a new song called The Pit and The Pendulum on my myspace page.
It uses an excerpt from said tale by Edgar Allan Poe as recited by Basil Rathbone.
Lemme know what you think?Listened to it now. I must admit I felt it kinda lacked a climax. I love climaxes :D I loved the dark el/ambient soundscape, but you know ... it's like having sex - it's nice, no doubt about it, but you wanna be able to cum too. Hehehe. Well, just my 2 cents anyways :)

I'm loving Chapter II The Beginning, however. Seems like the vocals have better recording than what I've heard on earlier songs? Earlier the "s", "th" and "b" have been kinda sharp and "explosive" (like on Season of the Witch), and also your voice would sound a little "thin". On this one it sounds good, and the recording is much more "soft and real". It sounds pro. I like! Have you changed anything, or am I just stupid? Hehehe.

Deep Red sounds dark and apocalyptic, which again is something I love. I'm not feeling like I miss a climax either. My mind went straight to soundtracks from Metroid games, which is more or less the best you can get of evil ambient music; it actually sounds scary, which is quite a feat if you ask me. Deep Red might not be scary per say, but it sure is dark, and that keeps you on edge through the whole song :)

Whoop! Might be getting a song on TV. Fingers crossed!
w00t! I'm impressed! :D Keep me/us posted! Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
16-02-2009, 23:28
Thanks dude. :D
The Beginning is a track from my first album Book of Shadows and that album was entirely recorded in a studio. It was a fun experience. But costly. I would love to go and record in the studio again though,
All the stuff i've made since have been at home on the laptop. The electro stuff is easy to record but recording the guitars etc for my more rock/pop stuff is hard.
And YAY! I succeeded in making a scary song with Deep Red. It was actually influenced by Metroid games and Dario ARgento movies! lol
As for Climaxes... i understand what you mean. :D :D
Have you heard the new song Sirius??? I made the music and a friend did the vocals and lyrics.
She has the original version on her myspace http://www.myspace.com/primalmuse and i have the alternate DARKER version on mine.
Lemme know what you think dude?? :) You rock!

dradeel
19-02-2009, 13:12
Lemme know what you think dude??
Hehe, yeah, well, I didn't comment on that one cause I didn't like it :lalala: No offence to your wonderful friend, but I didn't like her voice :p
And YAY! I succeeded in making a scary song with Deep Red.
Haha, now, I didn't actually say Deep Red was scary, but if that makes you happy, then sure :D I dunno if we've talked about this before btw (I think we might have), but whatever: Have you ever played any of the X-Com games, like UFO and Terror From the Deep? Scary shit music right there --- especially when you're playing the game and hunting down aliens around in dark cities and huge alien spacecrafts :)

AshMcAuliffe
19-02-2009, 21:21
I ain't played Terror From The Deep... what's it like?
hehehe, no offence taken dude about the song. I like the music and i do actually love her vocals. But for a compilation CD i'm putting together of a bit of erverything i've done i'm just gonna put the instrumental of that song. I really need to take a break from musics... phew!
As soon as i've worked out a tracklist for this compilation CD i will send the link to you for to download. Any songs in particular you reckon i should put on??

dradeel
20-02-2009, 00:27
Terror From the Deep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCvKNhp8mk) is more or less just like UFO, only now the aliens are coming from the oceans on earth and you can fight in the ocean as well, and a lot of the aliens are water breathers... it's fucking freaky to be hunting down aliens on the sea bed with a crashlanded ufo and everything, and small Aquatoids (like Sceptoids from UFO, but now with gills), Gill Men, and the dreaded Lobster Men, who are fucking mean! And many more... Hehe. The music when you're lurking around is fucking dreadful. It made me wet my pants when I was little (okay, not literally, but you know... Hehe). The music might sound kinda flimsy, but when you're playing that game late at night it gets scary, just like Metroid. Love it.

And what? Break from music? I thought we were making harsh ebm next! Nooo :( Hehehe.

Hmm... I dunno. The Beginning and Happiness is Merely Supernatural were the ones I've liked the best. Hehe. But I haven't heard all your songs, so I couldn't really say which should be on there or not ;) To me compilations are like any album --- it should have a flow with it, so it would sound weird with like The Beginning and then Deep Red and then Happiness... and you've got some serious mix of songs too, so it could be hard to choose. Hehe :p

AshMcAuliffe
22-02-2009, 05:11
I'm so torn as to what i should do for this bloody compilation. grrr. I think i might just put a mix of everything on. I was contemplatin putting songs in chronological order but then realised that this never worked well for Korn on their greatest hits CD.

dradeel
26-02-2009, 05:55
I was contemplatin putting songs in chronological order but then realised that this never worked well for Korn on their greatest hits CD.
Something I always notice with compilations and albums is that it always works best to have your catchy and most popular songs as track 3, last track, and then a track either as the first song or one in the middle between 3 and the last, etc ... of course the more the merrier, but honestly, some songs are always better than other :) A good example for me is Borknagar's album Quintessence. My fav songs on that one are Track 3, Track 1, Track 10 (last), Track 2 and Track 8 --- in that order, which results in a perfect product and effectively makes it my fav album of them, regardless of the fact that some songs on other albums are individually better than many of the ones on Quintessence. But in the end it's the sum of all things that matter :)

Just something to think about I guess. I know compilations mostly have more songs on them than albums and it's harder to spread the material out, so I dunno if it makes it any easier on you. Probably only worse. In that case, sorry. Hehe. I can understand why KoЯn just put it in chronological order, even if it didn't work out that good :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
26-02-2009, 13:26
I think i will put together a couple of trial compilations... zip them and send them to you so you can tell me if you think they flow perfectly :D

dradeel
01-03-2009, 04:21
Hahaha, I'm honored of your confidence in me. I'd be happy to help and share my opinion if you want it. No problem! :)

notgonnagetus16
03-03-2009, 09:35
Check out my stuff and tell me what you think

www.myspace.com/gomenasiforeverything

AshMcAuliffe
03-03-2009, 13:40
there's no music on your page??

notgonnagetus16
04-03-2009, 08:58
sorry www.myspace.com/revolt17

AshMcAuliffe
05-03-2009, 00:31
the music is pretty cool. what do you use to make your drum tracks and music software do you use?? :)

notgonnagetus16
06-03-2009, 00:55
I use fruity loops studio for the beats and i record vocals and edit them on Vegas Video.

AshMcAuliffe
13-03-2009, 11:31
Dradeel - What did you think?? :D

dradeel
13-03-2009, 18:52
Please forgive me, dear, but I've been away for 10 days, and came home only this week. And then it was my birthday and then it was school and now your post reminded me of it all. Hehe. Listening to it now while drinking some fine red wine from Argentina ;) ... okay, not that fine. It was a cheap bottle, but I'm a student, so it's more than fine enough. It did taste quite good though, so that's all the fineness I need :D

I'll get back to you when I've given it all a listen or two!

AshMcAuliffe
14-03-2009, 11:28
OMG! You have wine! Even if it is cheap it's wine! If you ever come to England stay away from Lambrini. That is the worst cheap wine in the world EVER!
I was drinking La Jamelles wine last night... strong but nice :)
I await your response with anticipation. :)

dradeel
15-03-2009, 20:05
Wine is le awesome :D

And I've listened to the stuff several times now... Seems to me you've thought this through pretty well. It's surpringly not very strange to hear chill pop songs and ambient electronic works mixed together like this :)

But the first thing I noticed, and which kinda bothered me, was that Deep Red was hard to fit in anywhere. It sounded so strange between The Beginning and Neptune's Lament like that. Hehe. I'm not sure how important it is. The rest works pretty well, and I love Deep Red, but it was out of place, sorta. It's the first songs, so it probably was just that ... but I loved Acolyte though.. hadn't heard that one before, and it was the perfect intro for any cd. I'd love to hear that as an intro to an industrial metal album for instance.

Anyways, the songs you've chosen are indeed all good, and I see all the ones I liked already on there, so I've had a good time listening to it.

AshMcAuliffe
18-03-2009, 16:58
I'm glad the pop songs fit in well with the electro songs. That was my main concern but i think i got the balance ok.
Deep Red was a very strange song to fit in. I decided on putting it at the beginning for the main reason of it being an important song and wanting people to hear it... if that makes sense?
Did you hear the hidden song on the end? That song is soooooooooooo pop. It even shocked me! :)
Totally glad you liked it! *does a wee jig*

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 01:13
i'm doing a show in my moms basement soon. i'm going to be overspending on dancers and props etc.

Endri
27-03-2009, 01:15
i'm doing a show in my moms basement soon. i'm going to be overspending on dancers and props etc.good luck :)

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 01:20
;)
anything to get famous... lmfao

Endri
27-03-2009, 01:23
Don't forget to make your best to hide your face. Only eyes. :lol:

AshMcAuliffe
27-03-2009, 01:25
i think i might take up stripping as well... might enhance my repetoire!

AshMcAuliffe
02-04-2009, 18:45

I just posted a new song called "Cascara."
What do you think?
I really like the dark, quiet bit in the middle and at the end! :)

dradeel
03-04-2009, 10:21
I just posted a new song called "Cascara."
What do you think?I like it a lot. It would sound wicked nice with some harsh vocals! ;)

AshMcAuliffe
03-04-2009, 10:54
i changed the synth at 48secs as i felt the other didn't work. but yeah it's actually pretty gothic and i really like the quiet bit in the middle and at the end. you should do vocals for it :D

dradeel
03-04-2009, 11:58
i changed the synth at 48secs as i felt the other didn't work. but yeah it's actually pretty gothic and i really like the quiet bit in the middle and at the end. you should do vocals for it :DHehehe. I should, shouldn't I? Hmm... :D

Btw, what's the picture you have showing when it plays Cascara in the myspace player? And what/who is Cascara? :)

AshMcAuliffe
03-04-2009, 14:00
the picture is one my partner found but cannot remember where. Cascara is spanish for Shell and in Latin means Sacred Bark. It is currently the name for my partners homonculi (poppet) used in magick so the song has mystical and occult references and powers :D

dradeel
03-04-2009, 23:14
the picture is one my partner found but cannot remember where. Cascara is spanish for Shell and in Latin means Sacred Bark. It is currently the name for my partners homonculi (poppet) used in magick so the song has mystical and occult references and powers :DI see... I looked it up on google and I found out some weed has Cascara in its name. I believe that might be the Sacred Bark thingie, cause it said they used the bark of the plant to make herbal medicine for constipation and stuff. It supposedly had several uses. Didn't see it was used as a drug though :/ We like weird drugs. Hehe.

Anyways, if you really want me to try and do vocals, then if you made lyrics that will fit it, I'd be fucking happy to tryyy at least :D It would be my first though, so you'd have to bear with me. :p

AshMcAuliffe
04-04-2009, 01:22
coolies... i will have a write of lyrics this weekend and will post them to you and of course, email the track to you too :) i've started work on another song tonight but am way too sleepy to finish it :D

dradeel
04-04-2009, 12:49
coolies... i will have a write of lyrics this weekend and will post them to you and of course, email the track to you too :) i've started work on another song tonight but am way too sleepy to finish it :DAwesome! Another song? You sure are productive. Hehe. But you have plenty of time to work on the lyrics though, cause I will be leaving for Oslo on tuesday and come back sunday 12th. I'm going to the Inferno Metal Festival (http://www.infernofestival.net), aaaand then I have a semester assignment to write before thursday 17th, but after that I'll force my comrade to fool around with some recording with me :)

Btw, if you could give some pin-pointers on where you want the lyrics to kick in on the different parts of the song that would be of great help to me :kawai: I'll be able to figure something out from there I guess :p

AshMcAuliffe
05-04-2009, 19:32
OMG!
New song which i finished today!
"Aradia"
I'm speechless. All i know is that i totally love it!

dradeel
05-04-2009, 20:09
Hehe, I see what you mean by "dancey" :) This do sound a lot happier than the recent songs I've heard from you. In deep contrast to Cascara at least :D

I just heard I is the Ism for the first time now after hearing Aradia. The effects that kick in at 1:00 sounds just like nintendo/commodore music sound effects :D

AshMcAuliffe
05-04-2009, 20:13
tee hee :D the commodore 64 is where i got that sound and it worked very well. I Is The Ism was my attempt to make music from hell or at least what i could imagine playing down there :) it gives me the fear!
but yeah Aradia really is a quantum leap song :)

dradeel
05-04-2009, 20:45
tee hee the commodore 64 is where i got that sound and it worked very wellHaha, there you go. I hope you'll do it more often ;) You haven't thought about playing around with nes trackers to add to your music? :)

AshMcAuliffe
05-04-2009, 20:51
i think i'd have to hear some songs with them in. any you recommend so i can hear?

dradeel
06-04-2009, 11:59
Not sure if I have a superb example... Dunno if they use nes-trackers (which undoubtedly give the coolest sound) but I know some using the most out of the 8 bit powers of the 80s. Hehe.

HORSE The Band - Murder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tISuzGePzow), or all of them in general have 8 bit sounds in them.

Then you have Machinae Supremacy. They make what they call SID Metal. SID is the sound engine in the old Commodore 64.
Death From Above (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HDOI76zj8&feature=related)
Winterstorm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bX_DRC1O0A&feature=related)
Gimme More (SID) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGUqTa04Z6o). Yes, that's a Britney Spears cover.

The Overworld album in general has a lotta modern synths and stuff and less 8 bit stuff in it, but all in all I guess you can get an idea of how they've used it as an addon to their music.

When I said nes tracker I guess 8 bit is all good enough, but I have a deeper love to nes tracking and the distinct Nntendo sound. And for that I can only give examples from Nintendo games I guess. Allthough there are some who make nes chiptunes for fun too.

AshMcAuliffe
06-04-2009, 20:49
i love the Chip effect in Death From Above...
and Horse are full on Nintendocore!! i might have to have an experiment with 8-bits and Chip effects... :D
I'm just taking things as they come... if it works it works... i'm trying not to force things to come and these past 2 songs i've made are testament that it pays to be patient and to let it flow when it's time.
I've been listening to Dangerous and Moving and VU by t.A.T.u. a lot and m loving the electro effects that are ever so slight in the background on D&M and the full on electro on Running Blind, VU and Snegopady.
Theatre of Tragedy are still inspiring me. I now own everything by them bar from one single which i hope to win off Ebay at the weekend!

dradeel
06-04-2009, 23:45
Death From Above is actually a song from a game called Jets n' Guns. They made all the soundtracks for that game, and released a 2CD with prolly 30 songs that are along those lines. They've released 3 albums that are more along the lines of the two latter songs I linked to. An awesome band :) And so is HORSE The Band. Hehe. In their own respect of course... They're just hitting the nescore into your brain, and you're forced to love it :p

Indeed. I agree with you. Try out new things all the way, and see if you get a feel for it and a good idea hits you. If it don't, then one can always "force through" a result that might only be half good, but then again, half good isn't really good enough.

Personally I've always had a love for chip tunes, still digging music from old nintendo games, and I wish I could find myself in the position of incorporating it into a proggish industrial metal kinda world :D I'm quite certain that dream will never be fulfilled, but still, I know the ideas that are floating about in my head are perfect. Hehe.

I agree with you on t.A.T.u.. One can say what one wants about the quality of the song writing, but the overall musicianship and result of it all are quite good, and that's why I've stuck with t.A.T.u. during all these years. Nothing is by a mistake in the songs, for sure. :)

I hope you'll get your last piece of ToT ;) I haven't got any CDs of them I'm afraid. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've had so many other bands higher up on my list. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
08-04-2009, 02:55
fingers are totally crossed for the Theatrwe of Tragedy :)
i'm gonna have to forward some electronic tunes i'm besotted with to gauge your opinion
i started to make a soft almost ethereal track today :)

AshMcAuliffe
09-04-2009, 23:06
Another new song!!
Enodia

AshMcAuliffe
12-04-2009, 21:51
the new songs are coming along great and they have drums!!! :D
Dradeel i never won the theatre of tragedy cd... gutted!

AshMcAuliffe
13-04-2009, 12:49
The Free CD giveaway has come to an end...

dradeel
15-04-2009, 22:56
Dradeel i never won the theatre of tragedy cd... gutted!
Maaaw... That suxx. Well, there will hopefully be another chance along the road for ya! :D

Albums
please feel free to download these albums and listen and let me know what you think of them.
Downloaded Book of Shadows and The Nocturnicon. I'll download the rest later. I'll have a listen to them after I'm done writing this darn semester assignment which is due for friday *sigh* :)

Btw, have ya written lyrics? :p

AshMcAuliffe
15-04-2009, 23:23
i'm in the middle of writing them. i should be done in the next couple of days. good luck with your assignment dude :)
hope you like the albums. as always i await your opinions :D

AshMcAuliffe
15-04-2009, 23:51
plus i really am hating myspace's music player... all the songs sound kinda muffled and grainy. so the best place maybe to hear songs is the soundclick player on the myspace page or the actual soundclick page

AshMcAuliffe
18-04-2009, 17:58
possible lyrics for Cascara-

Time to die
to learn to cry for help in times of need
the speed of pain
you'll learn that the blood in you will just drain away
with each passing day... i'm done

time to die
to learn to cry in times of need
the pain will not drain away
the pain will not drain away no way

time to die
to know the sky will fall
this fake called life's a knife in your back
you lack the tools to save yourself... the pain
will not drain away ... the pain
will not drain away

dradeel
18-04-2009, 18:06
good luck with your assignment dudeThx... I made it in time for the deadline. Hehehe.

And I'm loving the lyrics! They sound vicious. :D

AshMcAuliffe
18-04-2009, 18:27
yay!!! congrats!! :D
the lyrics are evil... i'm aiming for sheer nastiness :D

AshMcAuliffe
02-05-2009, 15:07
Ok. I have just finished a new instrumental track. It's soft and atmospheric and has been described by many as 'spiritual' which i like.
The song is called "Maia" and is dedicated to a friend and her child who is suffering from an illness and is always in and out of hospital.
When you hear the song you may wonder why the song cuts off at the end and the reason for this is that it will kick straight in to another song.
It's now on my Soundclick page. As usual any comments are always welcome and gratefully received.

MAIA

AshMcAuliffe
06-05-2009, 11:44
I've been busy again. 3 more songs done for my new CD.
The first is called Æsir and is named after "one who is a member of the Norse pantheon."
The second is called Skye and is a 70 second interlude.
The third is called Maia and is dedicated to a friend who's chid is seriously sick.

dradeel
13-05-2009, 01:18
Æsir 01 __sir.mp3 - 3.94MBÆsir sounds like a soundtrack from Dune 2 or something like that :) You seem to be frequent with those. Hehe. Nothing bad with that tho! I believe we've uncovered my great appreciation for gaming music already. ;)

AshMcAuliffe
13-05-2009, 09:24
Æsir is my new favourite song as well as Aradia. It is EPIC! It orginally was 8mins long. I had to cut it down so i did. The last bit of the song when the drums come in i'm going to find a sample of vikings and put that over the top. :D I do feel the song has a strong Norse feel to it.
Skye is fun and Maia has lyrics!!: Here they are -

Maia

She was suffering alone
She was wondering how to live and let live and never look back
Inhale and atone for your sins for you risk being turned into stone

Everything you do should be for the good of all....

She was suffering alone
She was pondering how to live and let live and never look back
Breathe in and atone for your sins for you know you're bad to the bone
Excite and enthrall
Know the journey to the centre's a ball
Enchant and enthrall
Know the dreams that you have absolve the soul

Everything you do should be for the good of all...

AshMcAuliffe
16-05-2009, 13:53
Remember the song i made back in January with a friend? The track was called "Sirius" and featured my friend Andrea on vocals.
Well she's done a remix
http://www.myspace.com/primalmuse

AshMcAuliffe
20-06-2009, 03:09
Heylo!
It's been a while.
Here is a link to my new song called "Vaan" and i like it muchly especially the creepy middle and outro.

dradeel
20-06-2009, 06:09
Let me know what you think =)
Hmm... I'd want more "oomph" in it. More bass. I'm listening to it with my in-ear ear plugs, and that's supposed to amplify bass in songs, but I kinda thought it lacked some bass ... a really deep and heavier bass, but like that ambient bass-sound-thingie you have going throughout the song. I think it would sound "fuller" with one more deeper layer of bass if you know what I mean :kawai:

Besides that it's quite nice. I've been hoping you'd go for the sinister and straight forward electronic/ebm stuff, and so far so good :D ... only ebm requires vocals ;)

AshMcAuliffe
20-06-2009, 14:08
I've taken your advice and upped the bass a wee bit. :)
It's a simple bass pattern but it adds a a wee bit of depth to the song. I re-uploaded the track for you to hear.
ps. i haven't normalised the track yet so it may seem louder in places.
Trust me there is going to be vocals on these songs! I may be wrong but i think this CD is shaping up to be the best one! And then i will retire :D lol
I think i'm going to stick to the lyrics i wrote for that song i want you to do some vocals on. i will type them up and send them to you.

dradeel
20-06-2009, 16:14
And then i will retire lolNono... the correct sentence would be: And then we'll make an ebm band together :laugh: ;)

I'll listen to the songs in a little bit. Right now I have to go to the store and shop dinner for tomorrow. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe
20-06-2009, 16:19
Lyrics For "VAAN"
---------------------
"The emptiness
That silent suicide
when the joy of love and pain of hurt collide
You feel torn so you look inside
It's a secret you know you cannot hide
You can't change now
You've left it far too late
It takes it slow within you to permeate
And when you venture off lifes golden path
This is what will read on your epitaph
BORN-LIVED-AGED-DIED-WEAK...

When Vaan died i cried
When Vaan died i died
When Vaan died
i begged When Vaan died
for death...
©June2009

dradeel
21-06-2009, 02:49
I've taken your advice and upped the bass a wee bit.
Ah, now it's nuch better! Dear I say perfect? :D

You know ... uhm ... I really don't wanna dissect your song here, and this is not a critique or advice or anything... -the extra bass was all I wanted, and I love the song really! - ...it's just one thing that made me curious; how it would sound without the drums, but only the hihat going (perhaps with snare drum as well, but I'd like to hear both) :cool: I'm imagining it would sound like a soundtrack to planet Arrakis ;)

AshMcAuliffe
21-06-2009, 11:24
Perfect? Yay!! :D I can celebrate extra today. =)
I've uploaded a version just with the percussion and no dance kick or drum kit. It's eerie.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6166295067dceb59/

dradeel
21-06-2009, 17:44
I've uploaded a version just with the percussion and no dance kick or drum kit. It's eerie.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6166295067dceb59/Thank you! :D That sounded sooooo Dune 2-ish I almost got a tear in my eye. It was nice. Hehehe.

AshMcAuliffe
21-06-2009, 20:16
Yay! so i takes you like the song? 8 songs for the new CD. i'm aiming for 11? :)

ghixide_2136
22-06-2009, 01:25
wow... u r a super great... i like all of them :D

AshMcAuliffe
23-06-2009, 11:12
thank you so much. I've defo developed i think over the past 6 years. I think i need to relax more in able to continue making music. Lyrics are becoming a very important part of my work again. I want to make some more powerful lyrics!

dradeel
23-06-2009, 19:09
Yay! so i takes you like the song? 8 songs for the new CD. i'm aiming for 11?Yes, I like a lot! :) 11? What do you think the length of the album will end up on?

AshMcAuliffe
24-06-2009, 12:17
Yes, I like a lot! :) 11? What do you think the length of the album will end up on?

Roughly 35-40 mins. Hoping it will be nearer to 40 mins. I felt a bit shoddy with my last CD with it only being just over 20 mins long. I think i'm making up for it now though with this CD. I have 5 songs in the works and who knows if i decide to use any of them though one sounds pretty good
i'm also reworking an old song called Resurrection and using the recorded version but putting some electronic beats over the top. We will see how that goes.
As always you will get to hear first =) =)

AshMcAuliffe
30-06-2009, 18:38
i had a weird dream last night that i was a dance DJ. it freaked me out!!! :)

AshMcAuliffe
03-07-2009, 16:41
Click the link below... and click ILike (if you want to that is) :D
http://www.ilike.com/artist/AshMcAuliffe

AshMcAuliffe
04-07-2009, 23:49
make... ebm :laugh:

coming up full throttle on the new song dude!! FULL ON! :D

AshMcAuliffe
07-07-2009, 20:43
New Song. "Fractured"
Finished Today.

AshMcAuliffe
10-07-2009, 17:59
Ok.
So i have decided to change the name of the album and the titles of the tracks. The reason being is that i came to feeling that the original titles were far too impersonal and confusing.
The album is going to be called "Dark City" and the names of some of the finished tracks are as follows -

*Fragile State of Mind
*Hall of Mirrors
*In The Future
*Crystalline
*Operate
*Dark City
*In Flux
*Sirius (Alternate Version)
*Fractured
*Dead End

Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome. =)
If there is anyone who would be like to design the album cover please get in touch with me too. =)

AshMcAuliffe
18-07-2009, 18:54
I want QueenBee to do a small spoken part on one of my new songs! :)

QueenBee
19-07-2009, 15:35
I just spoke to her and she's too embarrassed :lalala:
And her voice isn't nice! And she knows you won't trust her on that, but she wants you to :p

AshMcAuliffe
19-07-2009, 16:12
aww. :(
I understand. :rose:
It would be nice to have a spoken part on one of the new songs... kind of in a similar vein to the telephone conversation at the beginning of Show Me Love... but darker of course :p

AshMcAuliffe
20-07-2009, 10:34
New lyrics for songs.

Hall of Mirrors

A house
A dream
A death
A scream
What's right?
What's wrong?
All hope is gone...
This house
This dream
My death
The scene
The fear
My blood pours away...

And the sky shall fall
And i'll avenge it all

Some safety sent and safety sold I now awake myself
Distracting mind made matters bring my dreamscape back to health
The mystical and musical
The mirror draws me in
While something in my mind connects the nightmare to my fate...

Dead End

You are the soul mate to many people around the world
And no-one dares to question you
And like a rose in winter
The argument dies
And all i want to feel is someone by my side

Time by time
Day by day
Hour by hour
Deed by deed
Lie by lie
Side by side
Heart to heart
Reaching a dead end

Bruised and broken i'm alone in my room
There's nothing to comfort bar the white light of the moon
Blood bruises beat bashed befall me
But i've numbed I feel no pain
There's a darkness over me
Telling me to cut myself
I'm not the only one like this
Who finds the urge hard to resist
Getting closer to an end
All i know is fake...

manatsu103
20-07-2009, 11:03
It's good! :done:

AshMcAuliffe
20-07-2009, 11:07
Thank you. I decided to go darker. I think Fractured is the darkest dance song i've made. EBM inspired after Dradeel's recommendations. :) Operate is the most poppy dance song i've made on the other hand! :)
The album cover - http://bl114w.blu114.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=360e4a7e-e41e-4643-b766-98fdff5ae202&Aux=54|0|8CBD695DD02B520|
The picture was taken for the album by Dylan-K and the text by Taisir Chase.
I've been trying to listen to your songs on your new MySpace but it won't let me for some reason. :(

AshMcAuliffe
21-07-2009, 10:34
DARK CITY

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/?action=view&current=AlbumCover.jpg

01 - Intro
02 - Fragile State of Mind
03 - Hall of Mirrors
04 - In The Future
05 - Crystalline
06 - Operate
07 - Dark City
08 - In Flux
09 - Sirius
10 - In Dreams
11 - Fractured
12 - Dead End

Duration - 40:26

And thus the music is complete! :D

AshMcAuliffe
22-07-2009, 10:06
Waking up to pre-orders of this album is amazing! :cool:

dradeel
22-07-2009, 11:50
Waking up to pre-orders of this album is amazing! :cool:

I'm buying this album. Where can I buy? You wouldn't be able to send me a signed one? :cool::D

AshMcAuliffe
22-07-2009, 12:34
YAY! :)
I'm making special digipaks for this album. :)
This is THE album i've wanted to make.
It's flow is perfect and thematically it works brilliantly!
My friend Tai is currently working on the back cover, inside picture and lyrics sheet.
It's going to be done elaborately. I want it to be as nice as possible.
So far today i've had 6 pre-orders for it!
When i get back from visiting family i will start on the vocals. I need to buy a new microphone. :)
You will defo be getting a signed one and your own thank you in the album too. In fact, Fractured was actually dedicated to you and it says that under the lyrics for the song. :)

dradeel
22-07-2009, 20:18
In fact, Fractured was actually dedicated to you and it says that under the lyrics for the song. Dedicated to me? Oooh :kawai: I feel honored. And I can't wait to read the booklet and see my name in the thank yous :D

So you're still in works of adding vox to the album? It's not 100% done?

AshMcAuliffe
22-07-2009, 21:18
The music is done. i'm going to do some vocals when i get back from visiting family. though i do still want you to attempt vocals on the song we agreed on :) and i may need you to do some other little quirky things like pretending to have a conversation on a phone lol.
I hope my excitement is a good indicator of what it's all like... :)

AshMcAuliffe
22-07-2009, 22:18
And...
of course i dedicated a track to you. You have been a constant source of inspiration. You've been open, honest and fair in your appraisals of the songs and your opinion always counts to me :)

Ghosty
22-07-2009, 23:20
Wow you have alot of talent. I love your music, and your lyrics are really nice! I can't wait to see more...give me more! :nunu:

Lol, anyway, keep up the good work!

AshMcAuliffe
22-07-2009, 23:38
:) thank you.
Dark City is my 6th album. I've always taken my lyrics writing very seriously but i'm more relaxed and open to ideas when making the music. I like to have fun with it even if it does sound dark. :)
I've defo evolved. I think you can hear the development from album to album. This album left me speechless especially after sitting and listening to it from start to finish. Working on the guitar and then transposing them into an electronic track led to more melodies and the mix of music. There's some EBM, Trip-Hop, Ambient, Electroclash, Electro-Pop and a wee bit of dark Dance.
I hope you find a track or tracks that stand out and mean something to you. That'd be great =)

AshMcAuliffe
25-07-2009, 15:30
So Dradeel.... what did you think? :)

dradeel
25-07-2009, 23:52
Hmm... to be honest I'm kinda disappointed ...

... FUCKING KIDDING! :D

I'm loving it, man. "Depressive", gloomy and dark stuff. It doesn't sound cheesy, simple or unprofessional. It's complex and solid, and while dark it's also beautiful. Without the drums I'm thinking it would be good soundtrack music for a sci-fi horror movie actually. Not that I think it shouldn't have drums. Hehe. You've done good, man! :)

AshMcAuliffe
26-07-2009, 00:13
Major celebrations are going to be taking place this coming week! :D
I'm over the fucking moon that you like it. After the last CD i felt terrible. I had said to Adam that i never wanted to make electronic music ever again. So i got the guitar out and all the tracks on this album bar from In Flux were all made skeletally on the guitar and then transposed into the tracks that they now are. I found that to work amazingly well. I'm also chuffed that i managed to get some hooks in there too! :D
The only criticism i have had about the album was from Adam who thinks it's too dark. Yet strangely i played it to my mom today and she loved it. She was even dancing to Operate, Dark City and Fractured! I nearly died of shock! :lol:
As i've said before (and i've had to explain this to many people a lot over the past 5 years) i've always been drawn to dark melodies. I love spookiness. I love dark ambience. Whereas, i admit, i have deliberately set out to make the songs as dark as possible in the past with "Dark City" i can honestly say i never. It is defo the most channelled experience i have had since i wrote "Book of Shadows" and "The Nocturnicon."
Even the lyrics have flowed freely this past week or so. I'm still struggling to find lyrics to "In The Future" and i need to write some lyrics to "In Dreams" still.
Is there any standouts would you say Dradeel?
My god... words cannot describe how stoked i feel right now :D :D :D

Endri
06-08-2009, 03:29
I listened to your song Automaton! :D

AshMcAuliffe
06-08-2009, 10:23
I listened to your song Automaton! :D

Sweet. :) That was the first synth song i made. I went nuts with it :) Though i do still really love it. I did do a strange vocal for it too... but got rid of it. :/
I've been exercising my vocal chords ready for to start doing some vocals for the new songs... hopefully i can do it well as it's been a while since i last recorded vocals.

AshMcAuliffe
08-08-2009, 22:26
music to be sold on Soundclick

AshMcAuliffe
19-08-2009, 11:30
In case you haven't heard it "Fractured" is now playing on Soundclick where it is currently 142 in the charts. :) Please would be so great as to take the time to have a wee listen??

AshMcAuliffe
21-08-2009, 10:08
If you haven't already would you be so kind as to spare a few minutes going to this site and having a listen to the song "Fractured" - It's currently at number 88 in the Electronica chart which is pretty swell. =)

AshMcAuliffe
22-08-2009, 12:25
"Fractured" - It's at number 68 in the Electronica chart which is pretty swell. =)

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 17:10
Dradeel i ordered Ethernaut :)

Oh, vocal training why must you be done today when i'm feeling soooo hungover still from Saturday??
Fractured is number 42 today too :)
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7988724&q=hi

dradeel
24-08-2009, 18:44
Dradeel i ordered Ethernaut Awesome supremo! :D I hope you'll like it!
Oh, vocal training why must you be done todaVocal training? With teacher, or?
Fractured is number 42!! :eek: 42! It's the meaning of life and the universe and everything? Hehehe. I'll give it a listen now as well, while I get some clothes on me so I can go to the store :cool:

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 18:54
whoop! i've been listening to The Cruxshadows a lot over the past 3 weeks via Youtube. Deception is a constant play. Can't wait for the CD to come.
I have a CD vocal trainer which is really good. I'm monitoring my development using that for 6 weeks and then will look at seeing a coach for a few lessons before recording vocals.
42!!!!!! i know! the song has had 500 plays in 5 days! the EBMness is popular i've seen for this song. i might faint right now :D

fanoff
24-08-2009, 19:02
OH MY GOD!Haven't even bothered to check out the thread and now I know AshMcAuliffe is an active musician.Good luck with your career!I'll check out your songs from today.

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 19:18
OH MY GOD!Haven't even bothered to check out the thread and now I know AshMcAuliffe is an active musician.Good luck with your career!I'll check out your songs from today.

yay! On Soundclick you will find a mixture of my electro work and guitar music. I'm currently trying to finish my 6th album. It's going really well.
i really hope you like my songs Fanoff. Let me know what you think? i'd be very grateful :rose:

fanoff
24-08-2009, 19:44
I've just listened Little Tears of Passion from the link you gave.I really like it,brings you a good feeling:) Fractured is also very nice,it's like the Happy Smiles track:)

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 19:56
Yay! so now you have heard my voice :)

fanoff
24-08-2009, 20:00
Yay! so now you have heard my voice

Yeah and I like it!It's refreshing:) One question,where do you record your songs?Do you have your own home studio or there is some other place?

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 20:05
Yeah and I like it!It's refreshing:) One question,where do you record your songs?Do you have your own home studio or there is some other place?

i'm very softly spoken when i talk.:)
i record both at home and in a studio. the studio is beautiful. it's right in the countryside... stunning! and Seamus is a good producer. He helped me develop my voice and guitar pop/rock music. :)

AshMcAuliffe
24-08-2009, 20:39
Fractured is also very nice,it's like the Happy Smiles track:)

hey, i've just seen this. I'm happy you compared it to the HS title track as i totally love that track. Instrumentals are hugely underrated

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 09:46
"Fractured" = number 36! :D

Plus - individual tracks on Soundclick are available to a buy :)
http://www.soundclick.com/store/byArtist.cfm?bandID=550487

robbie
25-08-2009, 10:08
Ash, I can't wait for official release :D I want singed copy :D

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 10:20
For sure you will get a signed copy. :)
here is 2 possible back cover - which do you like best

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/back02.jpg
OR
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/back01.jpg

robbie
25-08-2009, 10:40
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ffe/back02.jpg

For me, this one is the best choice.

What about front cover? It should be sth mistery, raw and sexy.

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 10:43
Here is the album cover - http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/AlbumCover.jpg

i like the same back cover as you dude :) that back cover reminds me of Ludi Invalidi for some reason :)

robbie
25-08-2009, 10:44
No Ash on the cover :(

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 10:48
:(
i love the cover.
DylanK did a great job doing the cover me thinks. It encaptures the feeling of the album as a whole plus it's a good reference to one of my favourite films "Dark City"

robbie
25-08-2009, 10:49
I like the cover too, but I want Ash photos inside at least :D

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 10:56
oh! I really didn't want a picture of me on the cover. I don't think it would've gone right lol.
My friend Tai who is designing the artwork is going to use a picture of me inside. He's taken a few off my facebook to use but he refuses to show until it's complete.

robbie
25-08-2009, 11:28
I can't wait too buy your album and see booklet/listening all songs.

I like that cover... (http://www.eddykong.com/attachment/robbie+williams+greatest+hits.jpg) :lalala:

AshMcAuliffe
25-08-2009, 11:45
tee hee. :)
There are some of the tracks that are going to be on the album on Soundclick such as "Operate" "Hall of Mirrors" "Crystalline" "Fragile State Of Mind" and "In The Future" ;)

AshMcAuliffe
26-08-2009, 12:02
Fractured = Number 31 :D

AshMcAuliffe
26-08-2009, 13:39
here's the alternate version of "Fractured" for you to download and hear - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PH5HJNEB

AshMcAuliffe
28-08-2009, 00:18
Erm... 31?

dradeel
06-09-2009, 23:39
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ffe/back02.jpg
This was the best of the two. :)

Oh and yes, this was the first time I saw that you had the back cover too... just felt like giving my opinion on the two :D

AshMcAuliffe
07-09-2009, 10:37
This was the best of the two. :)

that one is my favourite too. So i have the front cover and back cover completed. :) Things are pushing along great :)

AshMcAuliffe
13-09-2009, 14:22
New Song
it's nicknamed "Crystalline 2"
http://www.zshare.net/audio/655005920d778447/
i'm really liking this one a lot. What do you think?

AshMcAuliffe
16-09-2009, 03:02
i'm awake :(

AshMcAuliffe
19-09-2009, 01:01
A new song was made tonight. That means that 2 new songs have been made this week!!
I think a serious re-think is in order to decide the ultimate tracklist for the new CD... :confused:

dradeel
19-09-2009, 12:23
Hahaha, you're way too productive :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
19-09-2009, 13:29
Hahaha, you're way too productive :laugh:

Now these 2 songs that i have made this past week have been proper Stream of Consciousness. I was messing on the guitar/keyboard and thought "Hey! These are cool!" So i recorded them and they came out great!
I'll PM it to you. Did you hear the other song i made? Let me know what you think of them, please? :D
I'm thinking of replacing Fragile State of Mind and Crystalline on Dark City with these 2 new tracks. They fit perfectly and makes the album feel that bit more upbeat. Still dark but upbeat. :) :D

AshMcAuliffe
07-10-2009, 19:17
Fragile State of Mind
Hope you like it guys

Hi-Fi version - http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=8129082&q=hi
Lo-Fi version - http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=8129082&q=lo

AshMcAuliffe
20-10-2009, 16:23
http://www.shakespearssister.co.uk/mailing%20list.html

Join the Shakespears Sister Mailing List and get my remix :)

dradeel
28-10-2009, 05:43
I'll PM it to you. Did you hear the other song i made? Let me know what you think of them, please?I've lost track of things completely. This is a month ago and I didn't even answer you? :( I'm sorry. I'll get back to you on this in a couple of days as soon (although it might be kinda overdue now) as I've written my papers and can give myself some leisure time by getting active on here again :D

AshMcAuliffe
28-10-2009, 14:36
I've lost track of things completely. This is a month ago and I didn't even answer you? :( I'm sorry. I'll get back to you on this in a couple of days as soon (although it might be kinda overdue now) as I've written my papers and can give myself some leisure time by getting active on here again :D

It's ok. :) I understand how busy you have been. I really hope your works gone well. Yeah, it would be great to hear your thoughts. I have a new Intro song too which i will send to you too. :)

AshMcAuliffe
28-10-2009, 19:36
http://www.zshare.net/audio/67610979765fe568/

Dark City album sampler :)

AshMcAuliffe
04-11-2009, 23:07
where are you hiding Dradeel & Robbie?? :D
The EP drops tomorrow too.

AshMcAuliffe
05-11-2009, 03:01
DARK CITY (EP)
Just wanted to let you all know that the "Dark City (EP)" is released today!
The single is the title track from the album of the same name and will feature 3 B-Sides - "Suffocate" and "Gnosis" which were written during the album sessions.

The 3rd B-side is a previously unreleased acoustic demo track from the "Book of Shadows" sessions called "Open Sky." It is a love song and features a vocal. I was listening to the track and realised how much i love the song especially the lyrics and wanted you guys to hear it. The link to this free EP is below...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4l6dqi

dradeel
12-11-2009, 15:09
I have a new Intro song too which i will send to you too.
Sounds nice. As nice as a intro can sound I guess :p I like...
Checking out the others songs and the EP as well now as we speak.

dradeel
12-11-2009, 15:21
The 3rd B-side is a previously unreleased acoustic demo track from the "Book of Shadows" sessions called "Open Sky." Got lyrics for this song btw? I wanna sing it :D

AshMcAuliffe
12-11-2009, 15:49
Smart! :) I look forward to hearing what you think of the others. :)
BTW sorry for my drunk side on MSN the other night. I was actually really badly hungover the next day and i cannot remember hardly anything of what i said or did after 9pm that night! :lol:

Lyrics... sure. let me see where they are...

AshMcAuliffe
12-11-2009, 15:51
Open Sky
Andrew McAuliffe

Rising up into the heavens
Rising above me now
The risen moon at midnight
Obscured by the clouds
Oh, how glad you made me
How glorious the scene
Sweetfully fulfilling
The gentle waves at sea

I can see the causes ‘round me
The causes led me to believe
The causes brought you to me

I never knew true beauty
‘Til I looked deep into your eyes
‘Til I looked deep into the sky
Now I’m yours

Rising up into the skies
Rising above me now
The risen sun at midpoint
Pushed away the clouds
Oh, how warm you made me feel
Can this all be real?
Sweetfully revealing
The sea waves lap the shore

The causes led me to believe
The causes brought you to me

I never knew true beauty
Now I’m yours

Oh, how would it be just to float away?
Oh, how would it feel just to float away?
All alone beneath the open sky
Under the watchful eye

I never knew true beauty
Now I’m yours

© Lyrics: 20th April 2002
© Music: 12th September 2002
Recorded in 2006.

My god. This song is ancient. On the day i recorded this the heating in the studio had gone and i was FREEZING! My guitar playing was canny bad due to blue hands! :)

dradeel
12-11-2009, 16:17
BTW sorry for my drunk side on MSN the other night. I was actually really badly hungover the next day and i cannot remember hardly anything of what i said or did after 9pm that night!Nono, it was fun! Finally a conversation on MSN! Hehe. And I was drunk as well I'll have you know. Rum n' Coke awesomeness, with a little treat of White Russians :D I must admit I repeated it last night. I ate x-mas food for dinner, starting x-mas early, then after half an hour or so I went for a walk out in the frosty evening and smoke a cigar. I walked down to a store further down of here and bought some coke zero. When I was home I had finished the cigar and went into the warmth and drank half a bottle of rum with coke. It was fantastic! Wednesday decadence :D I want to have another cigar today, although I'll chill with the alcohol. Hehe.

Lyrics... sure. let me see where they are...Thank you! :)

AshMcAuliffe
12-11-2009, 16:23
This week has been canny blah since my hangover. I've taken up learning Poi with Adam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ5UXFRWGeQ Without the fire of course. I'm a very slow learner but Adam's doing really well thus far. I'm jealous. :laugh:
I've also been kicking major backside on Unreal Tournament III on the PS3. The world will fear me! ;)
This weekend i will hopefully have more alcohol. I cannot wait. I think it's going to be a Vodka weekend and with Vodka i know that i'm going to be totally mortal!
The EP has gone down ok which is good especially Open Sky which has been surprising. :D

dradeel
12-11-2009, 22:07
I think it's going to be a Vodka weekend and with Vodka i know that i'm going to be totally mortal!*cough cough* white russian! *cough*... :D

I've taken up learning Poi with Adam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ5UXFRWGeQ Without the fire of course. Is that the stuff where they have "stiff" straight torches, but you twist your hands and move smoothly to make it look like you're working with weighted ropes or something like that? Looks cool :)

The EP has gone down ok which is good especially Open Sky which has been surprising. I think it's really nice. I'd say some of your best songs were the old guitars-and-vocals-songs. :) Not that your new stuff isn't good, hehehe, but I just like something I can sing along to you know. ;)

AshMcAuliffe
12-11-2009, 23:09
One day you will make me a perfect White Russian. Even the way its name sounds makes it sound yummy! :)
I've learnt a few poi moves so far. I'm a long way off being a master. Maybe poi would make perfect material for a music vid in some way?
I have a few other unheard tracks from the first album sessions but i'm uber shy about them... I guess i should just release them... They have vocals ;)
Open Sky is such a soppy love song! :laugh:

AshMcAuliffe
24-11-2009, 16:16
Fragile State of Mind on MySpace

AshMcAuliffe
27-11-2009, 02:06
Add me on facebook. :D
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AshMcAuliffe/33042233743

And yup, my remix of "It's A Trip" by Shakespears Sister is definitely going to be used. Apparently it is going to be emailed to those on the mailing list and added to the media section within the next couple of weeks. :)

Edit - This is song i have done a remix for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88y8wPiQ4OE
and this is their biggest hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUr9IyIZpLM

AshMcAuliffe
11-12-2009, 02:25
I have been involved in a debate regarding the Loudness War.
This is were albums are mixed/mastered by "increasing levels of loudness and reduced dynamic range."
Thus the final product suffers with a bad sound with tracks often clipping. I have decided to go back over all the tracks for "Dark City" and remaster them to a better standard in order to not become a culprit of this terrible music phenomenon.
I want the tracks to shine and not have the irritating fuzz sound over the top of the track like on badly mastered Loudness War culprits. If you would like more information on the Loudness War please check out Wikipedia by following this Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war
All the songs are thus being remastered. Over the past 2 weeks i've mixed them and now a friend is remastering them. I'm looking forward to hearing the finished product!
I've also sent one of the tracks (Crystalline) away to be professionally reviewed. I'm excited to see what they say. :D

AshMcAuliffe
28-12-2009, 19:36
apparently Crystalline is a potential alternative 'dance' hit. It was ranked as 5th on a Soundclick Reviewers Potential poll. :) ROCK ON!

AshMcAuliffe
02-01-2010, 00:00
Some drunken music whoring. EP for download on Facebook. Tracks on Last.fm. Musique on Soundclick. Mastering going well but i'm behind schedule thanks to drunken Xmas antics. :) :coctail:

fanoff
02-01-2010, 00:21
EP for download on Facebook.

Downloading right now:)

AshMcAuliffe
02-01-2010, 00:27
Sweet. :) You've put a smile on this mans face. :D Let me know what you think, please dude?
(Alcohol Update - Peach Schnapps time and Ray of Light is playing)

fanoff
02-01-2010, 11:01
I like Dark City as a whole,it sounds like the waste management interlude tracks.Drums made a good combination with electronic tracks:) Your voice is sweet on Open Sky:) I would like to hear your voice in one of electronic tracks in future.Well Done!

AshMcAuliffe
02-01-2010, 13:26
Thank you fanoff. I'm really glad you liked. A t.A.T.u. comparison too! Big smiles! :D
The drum machine is finally worth its mettle. Some of the other tracks that are going to be on the album are heavily drum synthesized. The album flows perfectly me thinks. It's currently being mastered and mixed (Equalisation is of major importance) and is sounding great. No clipping of tracks, no fuzzing. I underestimated the importance of a decent mastering session. It's time consuming but soooo worth it! Vocals are going to be added, i swear! :D
Open Sky - :o I was extremely cold when i recorded that song. The heating in the studio had gone but i was adamant that i wanted to finish the track. I have a few other demos from that time that i cringe at as they are so twee, naive and coy.

AshMcAuliffe
04-01-2010, 05:26
IN DREAMS e.p.
Release Date - 8th January

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/120/l_6605827a5d3d4be7a2369d91da2f9778.jpg

I am happy to announce the digital release of my new E.P. "In Dreams."

"In Dreams" is a track on the soon to be released "Dark City" album.

The E.P. also contains a track from the "Alone In The Dark" album called "Sphere," a B-side called "Tenebrae (Vox Version)" and a previously unreleased acoustic demo from the "Book of Shadows" session called "Nothing Here But Me."

A link will be posted in due course.

P.S: Dradeel, the lyrics for "Nothing Here But Me" will be posted also. :D
p.p.s. - i need painkillers... but will settle for passing out cold in about 15mins time!

dradeel
05-01-2010, 20:05
I won't let you pass out cold *runs to Ashy's rescue* :D

Lyrics are always appreciated! Hehehe.

AshMcAuliffe
06-01-2010, 19:11
:) tee hee, thank you.
I have the flu. I have been cabbaged in bed for 3 days now. So i'm canny looking forward to posting the E.P. as it's one positive thing i can look forward to this week.

Nothing Here But Me

Falling down's alright
Reminiscing all through the night
Dreaming of a life without fear
And of a journey to California with you
Chances are a million to one
A million to one's still a chance
Gonna have to take it
Visioning as i'm falling asleep of a risk i'm willing to take

My fire spreads outwards into the world a far
A preciousness is counting down the days
The fire spreads as far as i can see
Nothing here but me

Glitter falls on me
Curing me of the blues i get when you're gone
No i never sleep
My mindscape jumps it keeps me awake at night
Join me for a game... do you dare?
I dare you to follow me wherever i go
We never sleep at night
Our childish behaviour takes over
There's no escape

Nothing here but me

Falling down's alright
Reminiscing all through the night
Dreaming of a life without fear
And of a journey to California with you
With you
With you
With you

©2006

Tenebrae (Vox Version)

I am the one without a face
For people talk to my nothingness
I have no face
I am not loved like i should be loved
I give so much...

Trampled on
Bled to death
Sucked dry and left to rot
I am of no worth to people because i am wrongness personified...

©2009

AshMcAuliffe
08-01-2010, 15:08
In Dreams e.p. - Download here http://www.zshare.net/download/7088214687d61b71/

AshMcAuliffe
18-01-2010, 18:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7j9ZYFZkUI

Hey
My YouTube channel is finally up and running.
Over the next few days the tracks from the new album "Dark City" are going to be uploaded to YouTube. I'd be grateful if you Subscribed to my YouTube channel by clicking the link at the top and clicking Subscribe.
2 videos are awaiting.
First is the track "Crystalline" from the new "Dark City" album.
The second is a little mad... A friend with vampire teeth rocking to Robot by t.A.T.u.

Hope to see you on YouTube

Enjoy, rate, comment? :)

AshMcAuliffe
19-01-2010, 18:47
http://www.youtube.com/user/AshMcAuliffe

AshMcAuliffe
20-01-2010, 15:37

Tracks from the new album "Dark City" uploaded to YouTube so far...

* Dark City
* Crystalline
* Fragile State of Mind
* Operate
* Intro...
* In Dreams
* Hall Of Mirrors

More to come...

AshMcAuliffe
21-01-2010, 17:08

Just wanted to let you all know that the new album has been fully uploaded to AshMcAuliffe YouTube for your ears to hear. I really hope you like it and any comments will be gratefully received.
The full tracklist is as follows:

*Intro
*Fragile State of Mind
*Hall Of Mirrors
*In The Future
*Crystalline
*Operate
*Dark City
*In Flux
*Sirius (featuring Primal Muse)
*In Dreams
*Fractured
*Dead End

AshMcAuliffe
04-02-2010, 02:41
Official Video - "In Dreams"
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=102724437

Or - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40PxEA3MYQM

Download the EP here - http://www.zshare.net/download/7088214687d61b71/

Talyubittu
04-02-2010, 02:43
Dark City is a beautiful album. I really enjoy it.

AshMcAuliffe
04-02-2010, 02:49
thank you. It's very appreciated. :coctail:

Talyubittu
04-02-2010, 08:53
What program do you create your music in?

AshMcAuliffe
04-02-2010, 12:38
I use a Korg Micro synth/keyboard and a Yamaha MM6 Synth Keyboard which i plug in to my laptop. I have been recording at home and in a studio too and have been using Seamus' (the engineer) equipment too. He has ProTools and i find it rather bizarre at present. I also record using FruityLoops and also use some Native Instruments programs like Reaktor 5 and Komplete 6 (in the studio). Downloadable sound and beat patches into my Yamaha keyboard have been brilliant.

AshMcAuliffe
05-02-2010, 01:50
Please vote on this poll - http://digg.com/d31HowR
i'm just trying to gauge opinion on this before i head out and buy the relevant materials. :)

dradeel
05-02-2010, 10:24
Why one or the other?

AshMcAuliffe
05-02-2010, 10:41
just out of curiosity really and to see which people prefer, i guess.

dradeel
05-02-2010, 11:19
Hehe. But why not a choice of both? :D That's my point. Hehehe. I like a physical cd, but downloads and convenient.

AshMcAuliffe
05-02-2010, 13:03
:D Both are going to be available though. I just need to make a decent estimate of how many CD's i will need to begin. Roughly it stands at 20 confirmed wants. :)

dradeel
05-02-2010, 13:51
Can you hold one off for me until I get home to Norway? :D

AshMcAuliffe
05-02-2010, 17:43
sure thing dude. It will be an honour to finally send you a CD :D

dradeel
06-02-2010, 02:34
Haha, awesome! :D

AshMcAuliffe
06-02-2010, 02:38
All i have left to do is to equalise the tracks and then print, burn, upload and celebrate! :)
I have written lyrics to Fragile State of Mind, Hall of Mirrors, Crystalline, Operate, Dark City, Fractured and Dead End. I just have lyrics to write for In Dreams. I'm refusing to record the vocals at home as i only have a crap microphone seeing as my good one died... so maybe a vocal version of this album will appear in the summer? Who know... I was thinking of spending whatever birthday cash i get in May on more studio time...

Personally, I think instrumental albums are hugely underrated.

Talyubittu
06-02-2010, 04:32
All i have left to do is to equalise the tracks and then print, burn, upload and celebrate! :)
I have written lyrics to Fragile State of Mind, Hall of Mirrors, Crystalline, Operate, Dark City, Fractured and Dead End. I just have lyrics to write for In Dreams. I'm refusing to record the vocals at home as i only have a crap microphone seeing as my good one died... so maybe a vocal version of this album will appear in the summer? Who know... I was thinking of spending whatever birthday cash i get in May on more studio time...

Personally, I think instrumental albums are hugely underrated.

Agreed. If you ever wanted any vocals done, I have a tiny little production studio in me casa. :)

dradeel
06-02-2010, 06:52
so maybe a vocal version of this album will appear in the summer? Is our thing with harsh vocals still on? :o

AshMcAuliffe
06-02-2010, 14:57
Thank you Talyubittu. I would provide all alcohol and munchies and i would solemnly swear a promise to behave myself. :D

Dradeel - Yup. The harsh vocal track is still happening. I think a suitably dark video would be a good accompaniment. I think i will do some rough guide vocals and see what happens for all the tracks. The lyrics are indescribable. I'll post them all for opinions over the weekend. :)

AshMcAuliffe
06-02-2010, 18:45
Lyrics i have put together for the songs in the hope that a vocal recorded "Dark City" sees the light of day... They are just things i've put together over the past few months but are still subject to change. "In Dreams" still need lyrics but i'm working on that. :)

Crystalline
Andrew McAuliffe

The neon blue smoke covers downtown
The dirty alleyways
Pulsating beats from seedy nightclubs
The ceilings of decay

Dishevelled humans like machines
Their frequencies all wrong
Mechanically heading downtown for another chance to share their broken minds...

The crystal line devoured
Auto-programmed to get high
Pulsating heartbeats drowned in sound
The drugs they can't deny

Disillusioned
Disenchanted
Yet on the outside smile
Yet on the inside something dark lurks... they want to die

Dead End
Andrew McAuliffe

You are the soulmate to many people around the world
And no-one dares to question you
And like a rose in winter the argument dies
And all i want is to feel someone by my side

Time goes by
Day by day
Hour by hour
Deed by deed
Lie by lie
Side by side
Heart to heart
Reaching a dead end

Bruised and broken i'm alone in my room
There's nothing to comfort bar the white light of the moon
Blood bruises beat bashed befall me
But i've numbed
I feel no pain
Now there's a darkness over me
Telling me to cut myself
I'm not the only one like this
Who finds the urge hard to resist
Getting close to an end
All i know is grey

Time goes by
Day by day
Hour by hour
Deed by deed
Lie by lie
Side by side
Heart to heart
Reaching a dead end...

Fragile State of Mind
Andrew McAuliffe

They use their eyes to see
The soul in me
When all is meant to be
The little death's for me

Hands behind me tied
The dark inside my mind
When the unseen is seen
This sceptic will believe
and all i ask for is
A sign to see
A clearer line
A way to free myself from my fragile state of mind

The lines are blurred
All i sense is absurd
The only way to be i closed entirely
and all i ask for is
A sign to see
A clearer line
A way to free myself from my fragile state of mind...

Fractured
Andrew McAuliffe

I looked into the sky, i saw your face and i fell in love with your light blue eyes
The essence of fear
And i saw your eyes begin to well up with tears...

I felt nothing but hurt for you
Your tears began to fall as rain
So i ran for shelter and i cried

"Empty out your heart
Empty out your soul"

I looked into the sky and i felt shivers down my spine the moment i confused my feelings for you
But i realise you're not alive...

You're eyes, their pain, an odyssey
The sun is gone - i stare in wonder once again
I lie in rain

"Empty out your heart
Empty out your soul
Empty out your mind and stay here with me because
Fractured is not the way to be..."

Dark City
Andrew McAuliffe

The emptiness
That silent suicide
When the joy of love and pain of hurt collide
You feel torn
So you look deep inside
It's a secret you know you cannot hide
You can't change not
You've left it too late
It takes it slow within you to permeate...
And when you venture off life's path
Here's what will read on your epitaph
"Born-Lived-Aged-Died weak"

(In the dark city) I tried
(In the dark city) I cried
(In the dark city) i begged the dark city for death...

Hall of Mirrors
Andrew McAuliffe

A house
A dream
A death
A scream
What's right?
What's wrong?
Alll hope is gone
This house
This dream
My death
The scene
The fear
The pain
My blood pours away...

And the sky shall fall
And i'll avenge it all

Some safety sent and safety sold
I now awake myself
Distracting mind made matters brings my dreamscape back to health
The mystical and the musical and the mirror draws me in
While something in my mind connects the nightmare to my fate

And the sky shall fall
And i'll avenge it all

Operate
Andrew McAuliffe

I gave you everything
I left myself with none and now you're gone
I gave you everything
You've broken me now
You've torn my soul apart
And now i'm standing here
The fire burns
The vision burn away
I gave you everything
I gave you everything
Everything...

I gave you everything
My name, my faith
My mind, my heart, my smile
I gave you everything
The tears i cried
The night my sore soul died
And now i'm bleeding here
The pyre burns
The ashes touch the ground
I gave you everything
I gave you everything
Everything

I gave you everything
From cash to pills to kisses lipstick smudged
I gave you everything
I trusted you
I fucked everyone off
And now i'm crying here
The blade so sharp
It trembles in my hand
I gave you everything
I gave you everything
Everything

Now you are free
I just bleed for you...

AshMcAuliffe
06-02-2010, 19:30
Book of Shadows - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EM8BDPT1
The Nocturnicon - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JET9JMHD

AshMcAuliffe
07-02-2010, 05:04
I have artwork news...

Front Cover - http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/15934_180254748743_33042233743_2865.jpg
Inlet Tray - http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/AshMcAuliffe/back02.jpg
Double picture in centre of album with some lyrics (yet to be added) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkitch/3761469694/in/set-72157621633365215/
Back picture of booklet - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkitch/3734918676/

AshMcAuliffe
07-02-2010, 18:12
another question - Albums with a bonus remix track or hidden track: Good idea?

dradeel
08-02-2010, 05:58
I was never fond of remixes. Pure bonus tracks that are complete new songs or hidden tracks are cooler :) It's a totally new experience. Sonic Syndicate has done it perfectly I'd say. They have tons of bonus tracks that it takes a while to discover if you weren't as lucky as to live in a country that released an album with the bonus tracks :p and they had some hidden and unreleased bonus tracks around as well. Awesome! Keeps the love of the band fresh! ;)

AshMcAuliffe
09-02-2010, 11:08
I was thinking of making a new song to add as a bonus track but cannot for the life of me actually sit down to do it. I think i'm defo on a music making break. The remix of "Sirius" is ok and i'm kind of swaying towards adding it as a hidden track. I don't want to be shoddy and just add a track i've already put on any of the E.P.'s i've put out... although maybe a remastered version of "Gnosis" might go well....?

AshMcAuliffe
14-02-2010, 21:01
omg! i seriously underestimated the power of a good mastering!
A producer friend of mine has been mastering the tracks and i've heard the first mastering version and wow! He's managed to bring the tracks even more to life and bring to the fore some of the subtle electronic effects i thought were lost/drowned out. He's going over the tracks this week to finalise the mastering. :D Awesomeness! I'm so excited... i'm like a little kid! :lol:

AshMcAuliffe
01-03-2010, 02:54
All music written and performed by AshMcAuliffe

Produced by AshMcAuliffe
Recorded at The ['mju:zɪk] SpaceLab, Easington
Mastered by Przemyslaw "Soulburner" Rel
Artwork by Dylan Kitchener (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkitch/)
Text by Taisir Chase

Thank You - Adam Bagnall, Amanda Nelson, Andrea Walker, Calum King, Colin Fell, Colleen McAuliffe, Irene Corkin, Irene Green, Jennifer Sitwala, Joanne Robertson, Jonny Lessard, Kelly Atkinson, Michael Albright, Robert Kryński, Shirley Stevenson, Taisir Chase.

Special Thanks:
Przemyslaw "Soulburner" Rel - I'm extremely appreciative for all your hard work on my album and for the sound musical advice.
Dylan Kitchener - Thank you for the photographic masterpieces. You rock!
Morten Rolland - Basically, you have been a muse. You've always offered vital yet impartial advice. I value your opinion quite a lot, ya know? Thank you.

© A.M. Music 2010

AshMcAuliffe
01-03-2010, 02:55
The album has been mastered!
One final piece of artwork to finish and then it's off to the printers we go. :D :D :D