PDA

View Full Version : About the latest tatysite downtime

Argos
01-08-2008, 19:40
Igor posted a comment about what happened here (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?p=361144#post361144).

Translated:
Forum and site resumed their work

Tatysite is a site with a rich history of attack on the same spots. On July 20 the site fulfilled 7 years and practically each year we have some problems. This year was no exception and already for the second time we were forced to reassemble the site literally from scraps.

What happened this time?

One beautiful evening there occurred a shell exploit, with the aid of it the server has been cracked. The result of such cracking was the loss of all data on the server. How they invaded, who invaded, why they erased the data is a mystery as nothing remained on the server except the shell.

But where is the backup copy of site and forum?

The backup copy of forum and site has been made automatically with means of the administration panel of the server. That's the best mode to make a copy of both files and database. But because of my inadvertence the backup copy of tatysite has been created incorrectly. The cyrillic in the database appeared in wrong coding and remained in the copy as question-marks.

Look at this:
http://tatysite.net/forum_backup/

Unfortunately the data in Russian language were lost and the restoration of tatysite from fresh backup copy was impossible. Now site and forum are preserved in normal coding (unicode).

Which data exactly got lost?

Another time the forum has been restored from the backup copy of 14.06.2007. All data in Russian language after 14.06.2007 have been lost. The data in English and other languages can be discovered at the address http://tatysite.net/forum_backup/. I ask you to copy and, if possible, move your private messages and the most interesting and important posts. The data on the site have been restored from the cache of the search systems. For this a big thank you to them.

How to know whether I have to register again?

If you registered on the forum after 14.06.2007 then you have to do it again, unfortunately. You can use the 'Search' and/or the section 'Members' for searching your account.

I changed my nick on the forum, but now I don't know. What to do?

All sections of the forum are open for reading for the guests. Go to the topics where you participated and find yourself.

I changed the password of the account, but now I don't remember. What to do?

Use the system of password renewal.

What will be further with site and forum?

The majority of sites lose their data (all the more repeatedly) and with time pass away. Users lose interest, don't want to register again and go away to other ressources. This is a normal occurrence and you can't do anything against it. Maybe we will expect the same. The next months will show and then there will be made a resume.

I want to apologize another time for the loss of data and thank you for your support and interest in tatysite. Thank you.

RowerB
01-08-2008, 20:57
Thanks for getting the site running again, Igor and thanks for the translation, Argos.

How they invaded, who invaded, why they erased the data is a mystery as nothing remained on the server except the shell.
That is just sad.

nath
01-08-2008, 22:35
A big , big Thank you Igor to make Tatysite "alive" again! :love:
Because, even , if he/it appears now with some "holes", it remains the most complete, most "alive" site about tatu and even other general discussion subjects.

Tatysite has really something "special" and something is really missing whe, it's down.
I send a lot of Courage and Warm Feeling to the Russian Side of the Forum for they could quickly rebuild they own litttle "nest".:rose:

manatsu103
02-08-2008, 11:03
Yeah please dont ever close Tatysite!
I dont wanna go back to "Department Of Control" tatu.ru forum!
:laugh:

robbie
02-08-2008, 11:22
tatu.ru forum sucks :p

manatsu103
02-08-2008, 11:24
tatu.ru forum sucks

Agreed!
:lol:

Amanda
02-08-2008, 12:32
I really like the tatu.ru forum. I've made a lot of new friends there. I like tatysite too, it just feels like I've been here for 50 years LOL. Anyway, glad to see tatysite is back!

rosh
02-08-2008, 16:46
welcome back my 2nd home, i have missed you :rose:

nath
02-08-2008, 17:26
I really like the tatu.ru forum. I've made a lot of new friends there.
It isn't àbout the people, it's àbout info: you hàve nothing, nothing....it's just boring, boring...3 posts per dày... :(

QueenBee
02-08-2008, 19:33
*Huge sigh of relief* :D

fanoff
02-08-2008, 20:08
tatu.ru forum sucks big time.Happy to have tatysite back.

Amy_Lee_Rocks
02-08-2008, 23:29
omg, I was freaking out for a while..

thegurgi
02-08-2008, 23:51
*Huge sigh of relief*
totally

little_polar_bear
03-08-2008, 10:18
Thank you so much Igor. I have already told Olga that it is more you do that one could ask for. :rose: It is wonderful to have tatysite back. I "grew up" with the website and don't want to miss the forum now. Big thank you to everyone who makes this forum the most special and informative!

mulder
03-08-2008, 10:56
It is indeed good to have tatysite back, and I hope it will stay, if only to piss off those morons who cannot create but can only destroy.

This is a great place to visit, because it's grown beyond being just a Tatu site to become a community of people from all over the planet. We were here when Facebook wasn't even a twinkle in someone's eye, and I want to say thank you to Igor for creating and maintaining Tatysite.

TaTy_DuDe
09-08-2008, 23:02
Holy hell am I glad to see tatysite back! Its like... my gateway to t.A.T.u.
Its one of the only sites I visit for news.

Talyubittu
17-08-2008, 15:04
When was the board's version updated!? I like. :)

Argos
17-08-2008, 15:08
When was the board's version updated!? I like. :)
Yesterday evening.

forre
17-09-2008, 14:43
We started Tatu related material restoration. Material that got lost after the forum crash in July 2008.
Some info on it here:
http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?p=366433#post366433

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them.