PDA

View Full Version : Audacity-audio editor

Sabeena
01-05-2007, 22:11
In our physics class the other day, we were fiddling about with this program called Audacity. Audacity basically allows you to edit audio, record audio ect...its great fun believe me! I ended up messing around with Tatu's song Gomenasai and Nelly Furtados song Maneater, you can download Audacity free here (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/), if you wish you can post your creations on this thread!!

(P.S i will post the two songs later, but its not in MP3 format so takes ages to upload :bum:)

ENJOY!:coctail:

QueenBee
01-05-2007, 22:16
I've used the program before and it was always being stupid towards me :(

Sabeena
01-05-2007, 22:20
I've used the program before and it was always being stupid towards me
How come? it is stubborn at times though..especially with some audio's

Amy_Lee_Rocks
02-05-2007, 01:25
I use Acid Pro ^_^

dare2dream28
02-05-2007, 02:14
Sabeena, one thing you can do is export the song in .wav format from Audacity, import it into iTunes, and use iTunes to export it as an mp3. I did that all the time when I had to work on a DVD project two years ago. Audacity is a fun little program to use if you want to splice songs together, eh? :)

Talyubittu
02-05-2007, 04:06
I use it a lot :).

I usually edit my music and vocals in Adobe Audition and then I arrange it in Audacity.

Amyleerocks: I'm waiting to learn Acid Pro - it's SO advanced.

mulder
02-05-2007, 21:32
I've been using Audacity for ages. It's very simple to use, which is why I like it :D

I use it to edit tracks and record from myspace and other similar sites.

You can export mp3s directly from Audacity - just download lame_enc.dll onto your PC, then tell Audacity where it is located the first time you export the mp3.

TaTy_DuDe
02-05-2007, 21:46
i hate audacity, i use to love it but now it tells me if i want to reduce vocals ( something i use to always do ) it says i need to by the full version online >.< so i use wavepad :)

Talyubittu
02-05-2007, 22:43
i hate audacity, i use to love it but now it tells me if i want to reduce vocals ( something i use to always do ) it says i need to by the full version online >.< so i use wavepad :)

type in "serial Numbers" on google and find a site with an audacity serial number

mulder
02-05-2007, 23:15

I have no idea where you got your version of Audacity, but it is free open source software. You do not need to buy anything.

Always get it from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/