PDA

View Full Version : Learning Russian!

Talyubittu
21-01-2007, 16:05
Alright so I'm not "fluent". But I understand a big deal of it usually. If anyone interested I could teach them some basics of how to format basic sentences, understand basic instructions, respond to questions and just "get by". I'm not going to be able to teach you to go into a Russian classroom and write a report but if you're interested I can teach you how to say "I can't write a report" lol? If anyones interested, I'll make up some spreadsheats for you breaking down the declension (breaking down) of Russian words. And their uses in cases and how to use the correct feminine, masculine and neuter endings. I really want to study with some people to help improve my Russian. As of now it's quite "plohoy". If you're interested let me know so we can form some type of a little study group lol! If anyone who speaks Russian fluently as well is interested in helping out, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure some others would as well. Anyone wanna go for it!?

Talyubittu
21-01-2007, 16:17
:) Ya Tozhe.

midori
22-01-2007, 13:53
I would like to learn russian ^^

tatutik
22-01-2007, 14:05
I know russian))
Tak chto ya kruche vas!)))))))

Obie
22-01-2007, 16:58
I's also want to learn Russian!!!!!, I've downloaded a course online,,, it's quite nice but at the same time confusing....
Thaks!, so whene do we start teacher???

vanik
23-01-2007, 00:09
It sounds good! but seems to be a so hard to learn lenguage... :confused:

Perhaps if I could find a russian girlfriend... it would help... anyone interested? :liplick: :lol: :blabla:

Buy the way... nice to meet you again obezyanki old friend

Talyubittu
23-01-2007, 00:17
I'm starting some spreadsheets as we post lol!

Obie
23-01-2007, 14:39
Well I read this in a site... mmm,, specially for Spanish speakers about vowels pronunciation,,, Se pronuncia como is something like It's pronunced as....

Vowels Pronunciation (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/obezyanki/Lecc-1-1.gif)

It's really basic but oh well. This doesn't work with English Speakers since vowels vary,,, example I (in spanish it's pronunced as in thin - only the I, not a-i), ans so O (o not o-u) and E (e not i as thin).. bahhh,,,, don't read this :bum:

The whole course is here..... in SPANISH (http://www.aulafacil.com/Ruso/CursoRuso.htm) only 50 lessons :rolleyes: ....

Hi Vanik, too long he he,, I dunno where to contact you,,,, you'd better be around man :mad: ,,, ha ha :p , welcome back.

Talyubittu
24-01-2007, 23:08
Alright. I've got the first section of our lessons planned out. This is how the outline will go until further noticed. I will upload all of the spreadsheets to the internet for you to download. You also won't have to hunt for them because I will edit my first post in the topic to feature everything. Alright, this is how our exercises will go for the Nominative Case's Introduction.

1. Learning Nominative Case Basics - Pronouns
2. Pronouns and Verbs in the Nominative Case
3. Using Plural Nouns in Nominative Case
4. Forming sentences with The Nominative Case using Verbs
5. Final Review of the Nominative Case.
__________________________________________________ ____

1. Learning Accusative Case Pronouns
2. Pronouns and Verbs in Accusative Case
3. Nouns in Accustaive Case
4. Using Plurals in Accusative Case
5. Forming Sentences in Accusative Case
6. Final Review of Accusative Case
__________________________________________________ ____

1. Learning Prepositional Case Pronouns
2. Pronouns and Verbs in Prepositional Case
3. Nouns in Prepositional Case
4. Using Plurals in Prepositional Case
5. Forming Sentences in Prepositional Case
6. Review of Nominative Case, Accusative Case and Prepositional Case.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Once three of the six cases in Russian have been generally grasped by most people. We will move into Vocabulary for Russian in this direction.

1. Numbers and Counting
2. Places and Telling Time
3. People and School
4. In The Work Enviornment
5. Shopping
6. Foods

Then we will apply our vocabulary skills into compiled worksheets of the first three cases. Such as forming your own sentences correctly using the new vocabulary.

This is all I have planned SO FAR.

Requirements for Using The Worksheet Below

1. Worksheet is Completed in Microsoft Works Word Processor. Please download a word document viewing program or have someone copy the files to a format you can use.

2. Please have the ER UniversIV2 and ER UniversIF2 Russian Coded Fonts (Not Cyrillic Text - Just Cyrillic Covering for Latin Phonetic Letters). If you do not have these font's - you most likely will not be able to see the Russian text listed on the spreadsheet.

WORKSHEET 1 - Nominative Case Introduction
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bezsux

Talyubittu
25-01-2007, 23:01
Ok, I know counting:

1 (odin)
2 (dva)
3 (tri)
4 (chetire)
5 (pyaty)
6 (shesty)
7 (semy)
8 (vosyemy)
9 (devyaty)
10 (desyaty)
11 (odinadcaty)
12 (dvanadcaty)
13 (trinadcaty)
14 (chtverenadcaty)
15 (pyetnadcaty)
16 (shestnadcaty)
17 (semynadcaty)
18 (vosemnadcaty)
19 (devyatnadcaty)
20 (dvadcat)

:yes:

Those are incorrect. None of the Russian numbers end in "Caty" or "my".

And we're not going over numbers until after the first three cases are taught.

Obie
26-01-2007, 18:39
1. Worksheet is Completed in Microsoft Works Word Processor. Please download a word document viewing program or have someone copy the files to a format you can use.

WORKSHEET 1 - Nominative Case Introduction
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bezsux

Yeah,, where's the Spanish work-sheet then????? :confused: ... nahhh, :p thanks Talyubittu I'll start on it as soon as I can.

Talyubittu
26-01-2007, 22:32
"y" - soft sign
"c" - pronounced in Russian, not English! :yes:

lol. You cannot mix Cyrillic and Latin letters together.

QueenBee
26-01-2007, 22:43
That's so awesome... :D
(now if only someone could do that in German!)

Talyubittu
26-01-2007, 22:48
I can do it in German for you too if you'd like QueenBee. I've only had a year of German.And not to brag as you can see I kinda have a thing for langauges, it comes easy to me. So if you want, I can make some verb conjegation pages and sentence sheets for you as well as some vocabulary.

(BTW - does anyone have any problems seeing them or getting the ER universal fonts?)

QueenBee
26-01-2007, 23:02
Talyubittu, oh my gosh, could yoooou? That would be really amazing!

(BTW - does anyone have any problems seeing them or getting the ER universal fonts?)
I have troubles seeing the document, I downloaded a word viewer program thingy but I'm not sure which coding to use... I've tried a bunch and all I see is squares basically. I also downloaded a converter (works -> word, 'cause it's a .wps file and the word viewer doesn't recognize it) but apparently I need Word in order to convert.
Eh... yes.

Also, fonts can be downloaded here:
http://www.russnet.org/fontInstXP.html

They're both in the zip file. :)

Talyubittu
26-01-2007, 23:04
Talyubittu, oh my gosh, could yoooou? That would be really amazing!

I have troubles seeing the document, I downloaded a word viewer program thingy but I'm not sure which coding to use... I've tried a bunch and all I see is squares basically. I also downloaded a converter (works -> word, 'cause it's a .wps file and the word viewer doesn't recognize it) but apparently I need Word in order to convert.
Eh... yes.

Also, fonts can be downloaded here:
http://www.russnet.org/fontInstXP.html

They're both in the zip file. :)

I'm putting them into microsoft word 6. And if that dosent work then I'll put them into another program like wordpad. I'll just have to do some formatting. Do you want German ones too then?

QueenBee
26-01-2007, 23:07
Talyubittu, you're an angel :)

Do you want German ones too then?
Yes, please! But only if you have time and feel like doing it.

Talyubittu
26-01-2007, 23:08
I've got plenty of time to do it. Like I said, I'm only a year into German classes, but I know quite a bit. I can conjugate verbs for you, show you how to build sentences, tell time, order food in germany, get around a city etc. Just basic stuff for now but you'll have a nice introduction into it and I can update the more I learn as well :).

LOL. and I doubt a lot of people here think I'm an Angel LOL.

Talyubittu
27-01-2007, 18:03
You see I can. :laugh:

"You Cannot" wasn't meant in the litteral sense of "not being physically able".

I meant that when transliterating text - you are supposed to use phonetic letters. You cannot combine certain alphabets together to get an effect.

anngi
27-01-2007, 21:03
for the german lesson: I can help if it's necessary - just pm me if you need help:)

EDIT: Also I like the idea of making a russian lesson - although I'm learning russian in school for 3 years now.

Valito
08-02-2007, 20:46
Well I read this in a site... mmm,, specially for Spanish speakers about vowels pronunciation,,, Se pronuncia como is something like It's pronunced as....

Vowels Pronunciation (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/obezyanki/Lecc-1-1.gif)

It's really basic but oh well. This doesn't work with English Speakers since vowels vary,,, example I (in spanish it's pronunced as in thin - only the I, not a-i), ans so O (o not o-u) and E (e not i as thin).. bahhh,,,, don't read this :bum:

The whole course is here..... in SPANISH (http://www.aulafacil.com/Ruso/CursoRuso.htm) only 50 lessons :rolleyes: ....

Hi Vanik, too long he he,, I dunno where to contact you,,,, you'd better be around man :mad: ,,, ha ha :p , welcome back.

U made my day Obezyanki! I'm argentinian, hehe, where u from?

midori
08-02-2007, 22:13
for the german lesson: I can help if it's necessary - just pm me if you need help

are we going to make lessons for every language here? :p

Valito
08-02-2007, 22:17

someone interested in Spanish ? :D

anngi
08-02-2007, 22:18

why not? :D and yeah...who needs german anyway? we're a death race anyway :blabla:

Obie
09-02-2007, 17:56
U made my day Obezyanki! I'm argentinian, hehe,

Yeah, nice nick btw,,, how is it doing???, how are your lessons going???....

Yeah, learning languages can be hard for some reasons:

1. Not the same pronunciation of letters (in case it's the same alphabet)
2. Not the same alphabet (it's dead!)
3. Different grammar rules
4. New grammar rules
5. Coherence.

6. Rare vocabulary and pronunciation
Ex. in French there's an expression "chez" which means "at someone's house" in Spanish "en la casa de...". I mean "Chez Dj_volk" means "At Dj_volk's house" or in Spanish "En la casa de Dj_volk".

And for ex. to count numbers 6, 10 are pronounced six ("sis") and ("dis"), but when we talk about a number of things (numbers folowed by a noun) it changes and the "S" is not pronounced.... 6 (six) kilometers in French in "Six Kilométres" (Si - Kilometr).

And numbers,, :lol:,,, just to say 80 in French i's said something like 4 times 20.
80 = Quatre-vingt (Quatre=4 Vingt=20)
and see.... 90=Quatre-vingt-dix

I still doubt how those numbers are written (quatrevingt or quatre-vingt)

BTW Anyone interested in learning French????,, ah ahhahhah :lol:,, sorry I had to ask... I see we've all gone offtop here so lately.

anngi
09-02-2007, 20:15
I still doubt how those numbers are written (quatrevingt or quatre-vingt)

We wrote quatre-vingt as I learned french in school...many years ago :D

Talyubittu
17-03-2007, 01:37
Some updates!

As, I have been very busy and cannot continue to take 50 minutes a day creating these sheets, I've found an alternative for you guys!

xLingo.com is a great place to find someone who learn another language with you via MSN/Skype, if you don't have skype, download it, it's amazing.

www.magicrussian.com - is also good. But not free - it's an online class over skype

and lastly - if you just wish to be able to type some things in Russian, but don't have a Russian keyboard. use

http://www.translit.ru/

if you type somthing in using latin characters (these), it will automatically translate it into russian cyrillic, correct endings and all! I hope this helps!

anml
17-03-2007, 01:47
-.- i guess misses this thead too...
erm..*cough* could somebody upload the first lesson again? :rolleyes: :rose:

volk1
03-04-2007, 17:21
and lastly - if you just wish to be able to type some things in Russian, but don't have a Russian keyboard. use

http://www.translit.ru/

if you type somthing in using latin characters (these), it will automatically translate it into russian cyrillic, correct endings and all! I hope this helps!

Most computers have a universal language feature.
Start > Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options > Add other languages >
Details...

Most of you will have english as the default language, but if you don't, all of this works just the same.
You will see a white box under "Installed services" that shows what languages you have installed.

Click "Add" and you will see a drop-down menu.
On the first drop down menu, select Russian.
And Russian (typewriter) should automatically appear in the bottom drop down menu.
Click Ok.

Then at the bottom of the original language screen, it should say "Language Bar..."
Click that and you will see check boxes. Check the FIRST and the THIRD box.
Click Ok then "Apply"

Now, in the bottom right corner of your screen (on the navigation bar NOT your desktop) you should see a little box that says "EN" or letters that represent your default language.
Click on that little box and you should have choices. Russian should be one of those choices.
Upon selecting "Russian," you should be able to type in Cyrillic. However, of course the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't correspond to the English alphabet so you will just have to figure out what goes where. I, myself, have ordered Cyrillic keyboard stickers.

Check it out (http://www.latkey.com/keyboard_stickers.asp?SubCat=5)

:coctail:

Леска
03-04-2007, 23:57
Гыгы....for what,if they sing on English too?:flag:

Talyubittu
04-04-2007, 01:33
Start > Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options > Add other languages >
Details...

Most of you will have english as the default language, but if you don't, all of this works just the same.
You will see a white box under "Installed services" that shows what languages you have installed.

And Russian (typewriter) should automatically appear in the bottom drop down menu.
Click Ok.

Then at the bottom of the original language screen, it should say "Language Bar..."
Click Ok then "Apply"

Now, in the bottom right corner of your screen (on the navigation bar NOT your desktop) you should see a little box that says "EN" or letters that represent your default language.
Click on that little box and you should have choices. Russian should be one of those choices.
Upon selecting "Russian," you should be able to type in Cyrillic. However, of course the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't correspond to the English alphabet so you will just have to figure out what goes where. I, myself, have ordered Cyrillic keyboard stickers.

Thats why I liked translit.ru for awhile you don't need to buy stickers :)

volk1
04-04-2007, 01:53
Thats why I liked translit.ru for awhile you don't need to buy stickers :)

Yes, but using a Cyrillic keyboard, you could, say, send IMs in Russian Cyrillic :coctail:

And I'm sure if you used it enough, you'd memorize where each character was on the keyboard.

anml
04-04-2007, 02:13
Гыгы....for what,if they sing on English too?:flag:
They are many reasons why somebody would like to learning russian ;)

--

Like i said above, could somebody upload the 1 Worksheet again? please? :rose: :rose: :rose:

Edit: lol nobody can upload again for me? :rolleyes: people hate me :(

sk8rgrlzzz
09-04-2007, 02:49
Details...

Click Ok.

Click Ok then "Apply"

Just thought I'd mention that you can also use the on screen keyboard.
Programs> Accessories> Accessibility> On Screen Keyboard

You can use that along with and after setting the computer to type in Cyrillic.

Talyubittu
09-04-2007, 02:56
They are many reasons why somebody would like to learning russian ;)

--

Like i said above, could somebody upload the 1 Worksheet again? please? :rose: :rose: :rose:

Edit: lol nobody can upload again for me? :rolleyes: people hate me :(

I would upload it for you, but I'm not home. If you send me a PM tomorrow, I'll remember to upload it for you :)

anml
10-04-2007, 01:44
I would upload it for you, but I'm not home. If you send me a PM tomorrow, I'll remember to upload it for you :)
Thx Talyubittu!! :rose: rose:

Whispering
12-04-2007, 12:39
а я вот английский хочу выучить)
But i tried to learn English.Though... i think it is much easier than Russian)
Good luck in studying)

If anyone needs help-I'm ready to help)

Leni
19-05-2007, 17:05
What is a dick in russian? Like an informal, obscene word for penis? I never find these in dictionaries.
And I´d like to hear other obscene words (curse words etc) in russian too ´cause otherwise I´m never gonna learn them (there are no tv series to teach me filth:cry:). So please..:rose:

Argos
19-05-2007, 19:07
What is a dick in russian? Like an informal, obscene word for penis? I never find these in dictionaries.
And I´d like to hear other obscene words (curse words etc) in russian too ´cause otherwise I´m never gonna learn them (there are no tv series to teach me filth:cry:). So please..:rose:
khren - kher - khuj (in descending 'friendliness' - order)
If you want to dive deeper into Russian slang, I recommend the russian (http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%89%D0%B8%D0%BD%D 0%B0) and english (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_mat) wikipedia pages. As beginner's collection of polite words you may try this site (http://www.russki-mat.net/). If you can't get enough, use your search engine and type in cyrillic мат. There are lots of interesting links.

Talyubittu
19-05-2007, 19:20

Hui :)

YuliaNichyaa
18-11-2008, 21:17
Whispering

are you able to speak russian fluently? if so would you be knid enough to teach me?

tatuaddict2292
22-11-2008, 02:51
I'd like to learn russian too :)

pigeon309
16-02-2009, 19:36
Well, there is something I've always been curious about.

In "Ya Tvoya Ne Pervaya", one of the lyrics is pronounced, as far as I can remember, "devochki kak devochki". I read in one translation that this simply means "girls like girls", but in another one, it said, "girls acting like girls". I thought that the former might possibly be the literal translation, and the latter the implied meaning. When I first saw the former translation, though, my first thought was that it meant "girls like girls", as in, girls being emotionally drawn towards other girls. I think the latter implication makes more sense in the context of the song, t.A.T.u's theme at the time, and the lyric in the english version, "girls and girls but you're the one", but with my extremely limited knowledge of the russian language, I cannot know the meaning for sure. Can someone tell me, is "like" an accurate translation of the word pronounced as "kak", and if so, in which sense(s) of the word? I'm sorry if my explanation of my question seemed a bit pedantic and/or unnecessary. That's just the way I am; I have to make sure things are clear.:o

thegurgi
16-02-2009, 19:49
well it's really like the phrase "girls will be girls" ... like "boys will be boys" ... that's really all it says.
but it doesn't mean "girls LIKE girls" as in girls are interested in other girls.
kak is a word for similes and similarities.

pigeon309
16-02-2009, 20:17
well it's really like the phrase "girls will be girls" ... like "boys will be boys" ... that's really all it says.
but it doesn't mean "girls LIKE girls" as in girls are interested in other girls.
kak is a word for similes and similarities.Ah. That makes sense. Thanks for answering.:)

Stood1985
28-04-2009, 09:36
Well Guys i can read the Russian Language but not able to write. I learned from my Russian friend

phoenix
29-07-2009, 15:13
i know a good method on a cd its called The Michel Thomas Method im learning russian through this method and i must say its really good and you can learn other languages though this method such as french german spanish italian chinese and even arabic
here is a link to a site
http://www.michelthomas.co.uk/
you can find the cds on amazon

fanoff
29-07-2009, 16:32
Did I tell anywhere that I went to a Russian course and quit a couple of classes?It was much more complicated than I thought and I could see that I can't go on learning Russian in school times.But I learned how to read and write in cyrillic letters:)

louise
08-09-2009, 14:01
I'm teaching myself how to read in Russian with the aid of the internet, I'm also learning some Russian phrases but it's tough.

Endri
28-09-2009, 14:02
Which is the correct form for a man to say Ya Soshla S Uma? (in cyrillics, please) :o

EDIT: Nevermind, i asked my friend and she told that it's Я сошел с ума. :)

sameh helmy
30-12-2009, 13:44
i love russian language i downloaded a book and i was learning from it
but i quited 'cause of my studies and i forgot many things of wat i've learnt cause i don't speak wiz anyone
but i still remember some odatchi vsem poka