PDA

View Full Version : Japanese novelist admits to killing kittens

LenochkaO
24-08-2006, 12:58
Award-winning novelist Masako Bando has caused an uproar by admitting in a newspaper column that she killed kittens that her pet cats gave birth to.

Bando admitted killing the kittens by hurling them over a cliff near her home in Tahiti, where she lives, in an article in the "Promenade" column of the Nihon Keizai (Nikkei) Shimbun.

The rest of the story can be found here (tinyurl.com/g547j):

I heard about this yesterday from my friend Makiko, who asked me to translate a letter into French so that she could send it to the French animal protection society SPA, as well as the Taihitian President.

The column was published in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the Japanese version of the Financial Times. The newspaper has apparently not been at all receptive to protests from animal-lovers.

nikki
24-08-2006, 13:49
Hi LenochkaO :) (long time no squeak !)

Why on earth didn't she sterilise the cats ?! Killing kittens is not the same thing at all ! I'm appalled. Perhaps more people should write to the SPA ? I 'd be happy to do so.

Rachel
24-08-2006, 17:36
That is sick. She deserves to be thrown off a cliff.

But it doesn't surprise me, that's Japan after all :rolleyes:

Anouk
24-08-2006, 19:04
DIE evil woman.. You deserve nothing more than that :nunu:

Poor kittens :(

Kyro
24-08-2006, 19:10
How could anyone do something like that :mad:. I hope she gets all that she deserves.

LenochkaO
25-08-2006, 02:05
Hi LenochkaO :) (long time no squeak !)

Why on earth didn't she sterilise the cats ?! Killing kittens is not the same thing at all ! I'm appalled. Perhaps more people should write to the SPA ? I 'd be happy to do so.

Hi Nikki, good to see you :)

She apparently thinks that sterilising cats is unnatural and a breach of their rights...

But it doesn't surprise me, that's Japan after all

That's more than a little unfair, Rachel. Although Japan's animal cruelty laws are lagging behind the UK's somewhat, they are catching up and cruelty to animals is hardly the norm here. There's also a growing body of people seeking to protect animals and promote greater awareness among pet-owners.
Anyway, this woman lives in Tahiti. There's been considerable uproar here in Japan since this article was published.

Rachel
25-08-2006, 12:03
LenochkaO, I stick by what I said. It wasn't until 2002 that there was a conviction for animal abuse in Japan. And I've seen loads of pictures that show how a lot of Japan still treats animals.

Anouk
25-08-2006, 14:03
China is worse, and all them little countries around it.. They skin and boil puppies alive!! A friend of my mom saw it.. I wanted to visit the Great Wall, but I'm having second thoughts right now.. I'd be scarred for life if I accidentally stumbled upon one of those markets.. *runs away and cries hysterically*

I hope they do the same to those people one day, it's what they deserve!! Boil them alive I say!!!!

QueenBee
25-08-2006, 15:29
That's sick... absolutely horrible. :( But it's not just Japan. In many eastern european countries, they drown the kittens/puppies/whatever.

coolasfcuk
25-08-2006, 15:43
Anouk, :lol: I hope you realize how fucking hypocritical your post sound

zzzzzzzz ... i admit i dont have the desire to read the whole thing, but it makes no sense... why did she have to throw them over the cliff? Why not just let them roam free somewhere ...

dradeel
25-08-2006, 15:53
why did she have to throw them over the cliff? Why not just let them roam free somewhere ...
It doesn't help letting them free. That never helps if the animals aren't wild. That's an even slower and more painful death. But no, I cannot understand why she had to throw them over the cliff. Couldn't she sell or simply give them away? That's what people do here at least :)

coolasfcuk
25-08-2006, 16:11
It doesn't help letting them free. That never helps if the animals aren't wild. That's an even slower and more painful death.
havent you lived in a city? pplenty of cats have no home and survive... and i know of a cat that lived in the rural and had no home as well and did fine, before someone took her in (i am sure she isnt the only such example)... so please, try harder to convince me that letting them free is MORE PAINFUL death than smashing them into a clif :rolleyes:

Anouk
25-08-2006, 17:16
Anouk, :lol: I hope you realize how fucking hypocritical your post sound

Bitchka, I hope you realize how much you are bothering me with your shit.. Get off my damn case, loser :rolleyes:

I'm not being hypocritical at all.. People who torture animals like that don't deserve the light of day.. Same goes for you :rolleyes:

coolasfcuk
25-08-2006, 17:42
Bitchka, I hope you realize how much you are bothering me with your shit.. Get off my damn case, loser :rolleyes:
wow, watch it, you're too young to give yourslef white hair...*whistele* "Soy un perdedor...Im a loser baby, so why dont you kill me? " *whistle* God, i love Beck, good thing he made losers seems so cool just then! Not to mention, that song lyric fits just SO good here :laugh:

I'm not being hypocritical at all.. People who torture animals like that don't deserve the light of day.. Same goes for you :rolleyes:
ay ay ay... wonder what the people who actually are against ANY type of torture and killing would think of your thoughts ... and again, be careful rolling your eyes so much, after all you dont wanna get cross eyes, do ya?

spyretto
25-08-2006, 18:40
Is going for animals rights some kind of new trend in tatysite? We have already 2 threads dealing with that; well, I'd suggest to stop being hypocritical and look at the real world instead.

Rachel
25-08-2006, 18:42
Trend? I've always had these views, you should have noticed.

Anouk
25-08-2006, 18:53
Trend? I've always had these views, you should have noticed.

:yes:

coolasfcuk
25-08-2006, 19:04
spy, let it go! C'mon, no one is hypocritical here.. havent you noticed? besides, everyone here is 'fashionable', didnt you know... gotta go with the trends LoL

Rachel
05-10-2006, 22:54
China is worseLook what I saw in the "Daily Express" newspaper today:

Scan (http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beargw8.jpg)

Typical Chinese style. People who find seeing animals rip each other to pieces are sick and need help.

Kyro
05-10-2006, 23:16
It really saddens me to see things like that :( When will people realise that animals are not here for us to use however we want? Making animals perform in unnatural and often dangerous ways purely for entertainment is simply cruel and thoughtless. It can't be justified in any way.