PDA

View Full Version : The murder of homosexual people

xmad
21-04-2006, 22:19
Thread moved as it's all rather political.

Take a look at this pic and say what do you get from it?
I'll be back with more details.
Click here :( (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/x_mad_mad/untitled1.jpg)
Or Here (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/x_mad_mad/Delai2.jpg)

Edit:
some details: that's a pic from the XXIII Word conference of the International Lesbian and Gay Association.
"THE TIEBET BUREAU
OFFICE OF THE REPRESENTATIVE OF H.H. THE DALAI LAMA

I am pleased to bring you greetings from His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the occasion of the XXIII Word conference of the International Lesbian and Gay Association.

His Holiness welcomes the special attention given at this conference to religious tolerance and respect for diversity.

His Holiness is greatly concerned by reports of violence and discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

His holiness oppose violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and urges respect, tolerance, and the full recognition of human rights for all.

Finally, he expresses his best wishes for a successful conference.

Geneva, 30 March ‏
Mr. Kelsang gyaltseng
Envoy of H. H. The Dalai Lama
"

The pic which I mentioned about was shown in that conference.As you know in Islam being gay is not acceptable at all and it's a sin.Those two guys were killed in Iran in the name of Islam.

spyretto
21-04-2006, 22:24
disgusting

Rachel
21-04-2006, 22:28
I can't even see what it is coz my resolution is set too high (the picture is too small.)

xmad
21-04-2006, 22:28
disgusting
only disgusting??
There's a horrible fact behind that pic.
I heard about that before but I didnt believe it.

QueenBee
21-04-2006, 22:30
I can hardly see anything...
Terrorists?

xmad
21-04-2006, 22:35
Terrorists?
No.the ones who were going to die were not terrorists.

QueenBee
21-04-2006, 22:38
...Someone died? I don't get it.
What exactly is going on in that picture?

Sabeena
21-04-2006, 22:42
Is it the guy who was held hostage.. and then executed live or something? :confused:

xmad
21-04-2006, 22:56
Edited:Well,I just added the whole details to my first post.

Rachel
21-04-2006, 23:06
Someone gay killed?

xmad
21-04-2006, 23:22
Someone gay killed?
unfortunately yes.

Rachel
21-04-2006, 23:24
Is it in one of the countries where homosexuality has a death penalty? :(

Is it something to do with this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4915172.stm)?

EDIT: I see you edited your post, so I was kinda right :(

xmad
21-04-2006, 23:34
Is it in one of the countries where homosexuality has a death penalty?
In Iran it is(I think).In Iran so many gay people were killed.And that picture(in the first post) was about Iran.

Kyro
21-04-2006, 23:43
It's so sad that stuff like this is still happening :(

QueenBee
21-04-2006, 23:53
The pic which I mentioned about was shown in that conference.As you know in Islam being gay is not acceptable at all and it's a sin.Those two guys were killed in Iran in the name of Islam.
Can't say I'm surprised, as I already said in another thread - religion the way it has become today is pure shit. I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.

xmad
22-04-2006, 00:10
I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.
I agree with you.

dradeel
22-04-2006, 00:40
I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.
True, but it's still important that he says things like this, and that people try to move countries like Iran a direction where human rights are tolerated and respected. It will take time --- and I don't think we'll see the work finished in our lifetime --- but that really just make it much more important to do, so that sometimes the future generations can live like they rightfully want to :)

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 00:46
Yep, where are you kids? - Come on, change the world. :laugh:
No but I agree with you, you gotta start somewhere. I just think that some people have too high hopes (no-one here and not anyone mentioned in this discussion), they want to change their country and the rest of the world in a very short time... I had two friends once who wanted to join a political party as young people, you know, they wanted to make a difference in society and there were lots of students etc. involved already. When I spoke to them about it they said that they wanted to change the world and when I said to them "Don't get your hopes up, you can't do all by yourself" they told me that everything is possible... 2 years later and they still haven't joined. :laugh:

Oh well, good luck to everyone who is trying - one day our grandchildren's grandchildren will maybe look back on ours times and wonder - "Did they really live like THAT?" :flag:

KellyJ
22-04-2006, 06:44
Looks like someone is getting hanged. Is he/she gay? That happened in the states some guy in highschool was hung cause he was gay

Lux
22-04-2006, 07:07
Matthew Shepard (http://community-2.webtv.net/Wildheart/SleepingAngelA/scrapbookFiles/mailedD21.jpg)

xmad
22-04-2006, 07:45
Looks like someone is getting hanged.
Yes.
That happened in the states some guy in highschool was hung cause he was gay
That's so sad.
But what if a country's rule is killing gay people?
I've read and heard about the other ways of killing gay people but I'm not sure about them.Those ways are so cruel.Like dropping them from the mountain.or killing them by stones.About the existance of the second way I'm sure but I'm not sure if this was is for gay people too or not.As far as I know this is done for women.

marina
22-04-2006, 10:01
That's been a huge news several months ago . Two iranian boys were hung...great outrage in media....Internet was flooded with pictures of them...shots near the court , in policeman car driving them to the place of execution and another big shot of them like 2-3 minutes before the actual hunging.
That's Iran for you ! Though they stopped the killings by stones not long ago , the punisment for such *crimes* is still very severe ....Girls/women more likely would be beaten(and i don't meam light spanking by belt) , probably up to 3 times they should be caught and punished for the same crime before they could really execute them ! And you need witnesses...Men punished more for such things. They could be beaten to the bloody pulp even for much less crimes , short spell in the iranian jail (like up 2 weeks , and everything in Iran is sorted out very slowly .. bureaucracy ) could leave you an invalid for a long time!
But than again ...you must remember it's Iran....you couldn't walk on the streets holding hands or god forbid! kissing even if you are engaged and you are not homosexual ..maybe in Tehran you could (things better in capital) but in other places(Yazd , Shiraz, Esfahan) it's absolute no-no. So what do you expect if homosexual people involved ?:rolleyes:

freddie
22-04-2006, 11:06
I don't think this is as much about religion as it is about fear. Religion is just an excuse.

Sabeena
22-04-2006, 11:30
Religion is just an excuse I agree.. Im a Muslim and have been bought up by family thinking that homosexuality is wrong...but since I was a small child I made up my own mind and went against their views.. Nowadays I have lots of Bisexual and gay friends as well as straight..and constantly argue with my mum about this.. but she thinks im a lesbian just because Im a fan of tatu..and if I am gay.. i apparently i will be kicked out.. :o

Rachel
22-04-2006, 11:56
..and if I am gay.. i apparently i will be kicked out.. :oI hate to put it this way, but isn't that really sad people putting their religion before their own family? People have gotta realise that sexuality is only part of a being, it is not everything and that we really don't make any choice :( Who would choose to be discriminated against every day? Hell, I know it would be so much easier if I found guys attractive. But, I don't. :(

Anouk
22-04-2006, 12:32
The human race disgusts me.. It's sad that our race is so easy manipulated by some words, something that in not real, in compare to what is real.. And indeed, it's freaking sad that people put a silly little book before their own flesh and blood..

The guy who wrote the bible should be revived and then be shot again.. He started all this nonsense in the world.. :rolleyes:

dradeel
22-04-2006, 13:51
The guy who wrote the bible should be revived and then be shot again.. He started all this nonsense in the world..
Heh. There are actually very many authors in the bible. The bible as we know it today were put together by a gang of monks and priests in year 300 or something? Not sure.. Anyways, they voted about the books and letters that proved important to be in the bible. So yeah, I blame the monks! :laugh:

freddie
22-04-2006, 14:49
The guy who wrote the bible should be revived and then be shot again.. He started all this nonsense in the world.. :rolleyes:

People who wrote the bible did no wrong. They just wrote down some moral ground rules with a pretense of a godly intervention. The problem is just that these moral rules applied to the population of jewish people 2000 years ago and is slightly redundant these days. That doesn't mean the writers themselves had any ill intentions. Everyone reads it as they want.

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 15:00
Yeah, the bible probably fit the current situation ages ago, but these days it's not so easy to develop as the human race if we still follow it, but oh well. :rolleyes:

I don't think religion itself is so bad actually, I know the bible says alot of dumb shit, but the bigger picture is probably not so bad. I can only give Islam as an example as I know more about the message of Islam... to be in peace with all people and animals, and to cherish nature, love etc. Basically that everyone should love and respect eachother. Apparently the Quran also doesn't say any of the women "abuse" things, like "Women are worth less than men", that women should cover themselves etc. but that every person is the master of their own body etc.

It's just sad that people have transformed religion into something so bad, or rather use it as an excuse to do horrible things. For example the suicide bombers who yell "Allahu Akhbar!" before blowing themselves up in the air... Or the Catholic freaks who think homosexuals are disgusting and that a woman should not be able to have an abortion if she was raped.

All in all I think religion is good in itself, or rather, that the message of religion is not so bad, but I definitely don't think we should make it as serious as it is... and the only way to do that is probably to ban all religions. :rolleyes: Just the fact that people find something as made up and dumb as religion more important than anything else in life, makes me wanna ... laugh at them and tell them how they're wasting their life by surrounding it completely with such nonsense as religion. :p

A guy in my class said that he loves God more than he loves his mother. :rolleyes: I wanted to laugh at him, but I gotta be respectful... LOL.

Anouk
22-04-2006, 15:01
Who cares how many people wrote it anyway.. And yes, people interpret in their own ways, thats what wrong with the damn book in the first place, because there is not one way to interpret it.. It should have never been written.. Even though people would've found other ways to destroy eachother's life, at least there would be one less reason..

spyretto
22-04-2006, 15:22
I thought the bible was written by god :lalala:
But at any rate, I can't see the point behind blaming the concept of religion or the bible for something that people do. It's like blaming the medium of television and not the programs that are in it...it's the people not the medium.

Anouk
22-04-2006, 15:33
I thought the bible was written by god :lalala:

Or so they make you think.. I mean, I can't believe it when they say that "god" whispered the words to them or spoke to them or whatever like that.. But that's just me :rolleyes:

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 15:48
I thought the bible was written by god
Duhhh, of course :laugh:

robbie
22-04-2006, 16:03
spyretto, "Bible" called "Word of God" wasn't written by God. Was written by evangelists (apostles) and many autors (bystanders or eyewitness) :)

PS. Did you hear about Evangelist from Judas? Very interesting.

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 16:12
Spy was being sarcastic. ;)

robbie
22-04-2006, 16:15
QueenBee, ohhh... sorry, it's profess deviation (in Poland we called this "zboczenie zawodowe") ;)

LOL! :D It's okay though. ;) You're so Polish! *gives you a flower*

Rachel
22-04-2006, 17:27
I think this thread is very fitting with this (http://forum.tatysite.net/showpost.php?p=163189&postcount=1) post by ypsidan04.

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 17:34
Also, I think everyone should take a look at this image:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5666/19488499uy.gif

hehe.

Rachel
22-04-2006, 17:35
LOL Yep! They are very selective on the parts of the bible they want to remember and quote :rolleyes:

dradeel
22-04-2006, 17:45
PS. Did you hear about Evangelist from Judas? Very interesting.
I've heard about that that! There were an norwegian expert 'on that kinda language and scrolls and scripts and stuff' that talked about it. He had acctually read and interpret parts of it. In short it said that Judas was the most important and brightest of all the disciples, and that Jesus and Judas had been having advanced conversations on the side. Judas were the only one to understand who this god was. It raised a debate whether it's a "new" or earlier misunderstood god, or the jewish god, Jahveh... The story also said that Judas had been given the key role of the betrayal against Jesus by Jesus himself. Jesus had told Judas to turn him in, so that he'd be executed. This way the prophecy would come true, and the "word" would spread around.
I can't wait to see the final translation of it all. It's very interesting, indeed! :)

PowerPuff Grrl
22-04-2006, 18:44
I've heard about that that! There were an norwegian expert 'on that kinda language and scrolls and scripts and stuff' that talked about it. He had acctually read and interpret parts of it. In short it said that Judas was the most important and brightest of all the disciples, and that Jesus and Judas had been having advanced conversations on the side. Judas were the only one to understand who this god was. It raised a debate whether it's a "new" or earlier misunderstood god, or the jewish god, Jahveh... The story also said that Judas had been given the key role of the betrayal against Jesus by Jesus himself. Jesus had told Judas to turn him in, so that he'd be executed. This way the prophecy would come true, and the "word" would spread around.
I can't wait to see the final translation of it all. It's very interesting, indeed! :)

Woah, wait a second!
You mean to tell me that the Jews didn't kill Jesus?
The Holocaust, the pogroms, the KKK... it was all in vain?!
DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

On topic though, the execution of gays in the Middle East should come to no surprise to anybody. Especially considering how we treat homosexuals in our own societies; they still experience hate crimes.

It isn't just the homosexauls they are killing in Iran, it is anybody who's different from being a straight, Persian, fundamentalist, Shiite Muslim male. That's a whole lot of people who aren't included. Bahá'í 's, Christians, intellectuals, non-fundamentalists, Zoroastrians, journalists/bloggers, etc. are also being executed.
It is in the best interest of the government to pre-occupy its citizens with hate for one another because the second people see that there's noting wrong with being different their angry will be directed to the government. It's the politics of distraction and it's used everywhere.

dradeel
22-04-2006, 19:40
Offtop:
Woah, wait a second!
You mean to tell me that the Jews didn't kill Jesus?
The Holocaust, the pogroms, the KKK... it was all in vain?!
DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!
Uhm... it was never mentioned that the Jews didn't kill Jesus. :none: They did. Thing is, Jesus was - according to the bible - betrayed by Judas. Now, it could be that Jesus told him to turn him in --- meaning Judas never betrayed Jesus. And also that Jesus was one hell of a cunning bitch :laugh: That's it.
On topic though, the execution of gays in the Middle East should come to no surprise to anybody
Can't say it does. When girls are being stoned for having giving birth to a child outside marriage (wasn't that in some Islamic country?), then you'd almost assume that homosexuality is illegal.

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 19:48
When girls are being stoned for having giving birth to a child outside marriage
Yep. :( Also if they have cheated on their husbands. And probably lots of other shit.

Sabeena
22-04-2006, 19:52
When girls are being stoned for having giving birth to a child outside marriage Thats just stupid... and so is people who are forced to have arranged marriages..

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 19:57
and so is people who are forced to have arranged marriages..
My friend was forced into a marriage. :( She is engaged with the guy and they'll marry in a year or so. She was 16 at the time of the engagement, she's 17 now (so it was last year). I think she'll go to his country when she's 18, marry him, and bring him back to Sweden so that he can stay here, the way they all do.

Dumb shit.

xmad
22-04-2006, 20:09
That's been a huge news several months ago . Two iranian boys were hung...great outrage in media....Internet was flooded with pictures of them...shots near the court , in policeman car driving them to the place of execution and another big shot of them like 2-3 minutes before the actual hunging.
Yeah,that's right.These pics:This (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/x_mad_mad/irancage2.jpg) and this (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/x_mad_mad/irangay_teens.jpg)
That's Iran for you !
Thanks for reminding.:rolleyes:

stoning!!
In stoning to death, the victims's hands are tied behind their backs and their bodies are put in a cloth sack. Then, this human "package" is buried in a hole, with only the victims heads showing above the ground. If its a woman, she is buried upto her shoulders. This is to give her an seemingly equal (but nonetheless impossible) chance to escape recognizing her lesser physical strength.
After the hapless individual has been secured in the hole, people start chanting "Allah hu Akbar" (meaning, God is great), and throw palm sized stones at the head of the victim from a certain distance (a circle is drawn).
The stones are thrown until the person dies or until he/she escapes out of the hole and crosses the circle. Escaping is impossible, given that the individual's hands are tied behind their backs and they are buried in a hole upto their necks or shoulders (in the case of males and females respectively).

I dont know if any of you have seen these things over the net or TV but today I could see one of the stoning cases.You can not believe how horrible it was.The quality of the video was too low.(Thanks God).

Anouk
22-04-2006, 21:21
My friend was forced into a marriage. :( She is engaged with the guy and they'll marry in a year or so. She was 16 at the time of the engagement, she's 17 now (so it was last year). I think she'll go to his country when she's 18, marry him, and bring him back to Sweden so that he can stay here, the way they all do.

Dumb shit.

That's basically what'll happen with my ex :( At least she's got time until she's like 30 before her family starts looking for a guy for her :rolleyes: Hopefully before that time her family will realize they're ruining her life and are acting like fucking retards :mad:

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 21:30
That's basically what'll happen with my ex
I'm so sorry. :( For others I think it can seem really easy - "Well, if she's an adult, she can do whatever she wants!" but when it comes to religion and family it can be quite difficult. Basically you either choose your own way of living over your family... meaning that if you break away from the strictness of the religion, you will most likely be hated by your family and seen as a shame to them. Many people (especially women) get killed. :( But that's the extreme of course...

At least she's got time until she's like 30 before her family starts looking for a guy for her
Ahhh that happened to another friend of mine, except I think she would probably be allowed to choose him herself. She was my age and went to my school. I'm not sure what religion it was, but her parents wouldn't let her have a boyfriend or even be friends with boys until she finished her studies. :eek: I mean, university and all that crap. I was quite surprised by how strict the rules were for her, as her parents weren't really religious at all. I guess religion wasn't so much included, more that they "cared for her future" :rolleyes:

Anouk
22-04-2006, 22:08
Yeah yeah, that's what they want you to think :rolleyes: My ex' family isn't all that religious really.. It's more got to do with that "pride" and "shame" thing.. Basically, all they care for is themselves and how they are going to look infront of other people :rolleyes:

QueenBee
22-04-2006, 22:13
I'm not quite sure which part of my post you were referring to...? I agree that it has to do about shame and pride, but religion is, yet again, used as an excuse.

It's not even only when it comes to homosexual relationships, but also if you are with someone whom your family does not agree with, simply. Different nationality, religion, whatever.

Anouk
22-04-2006, 22:16
Sorry.. I was referring to that last sentence you wrote..

Obie
22-04-2006, 22:34
There are cultures where almost everything we consider normal is a sin,,,,, well homosexuality is still a difficult topic to touch in this days in america ( I mean the whole America , not only the U.S. and Europe,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyway, children are grown that way, scared of everything,,,,, maybe that's why there's so much terrorists and suicide bombers,,,, they don't even consider their lifes are worth,,,,,,,, ....... ,,, . ,,,,,,,, Did you know women are considered "not pure" after having a baby,,,, they're set apart from the PEOPLE,,,,, for a while,,,,,,,, NOT PURE,,, after having a baby, one human being,,,, come on!

Sabeena
22-04-2006, 22:59
her parents wouldn't let her have a boyfriend or even be friends with boys until she finished her studies.Thats exactly the same as me!..and it sucks...its mainly my dad...my mum doesnt really mind
I agree that it has to do about shame and pride, but religion is, yet again, used as an excuse. That is true..I have to live up to the expectations of my families belief and all... if not..its bad for the family name, and they are very proud of it.. but im not perfect

Obie
22-04-2006, 23:08
I you some someone you should be with him/her,,,, if that makes both happy and better persons.

xmad
22-04-2006, 23:25
her parents wouldn't let her have a boyfriend or even be friends with boys until she finished her studies.
It's a big mistake.In Iran rules dont let you have a boyfriend.And thats a big problem for homosexual people.