PDA

View Full Version : A report of the Inferno Festival 2006

dradeel
18-04-2006, 01:28
I packed my stuff for a trip to Oslo. I was in a hurry --- I had been spending the whole night on doing other things than packing my bags for the trip, but still, I made it in time. In the hurry I couldn't find my own army boots, so I wore my dad's ... this was going to prove fatal for my feet. Hehehe.

I got on the train, and pretty much slept for the whole trip to Oslo. Then there was off to search for the hotel - with a heavy bag with the weight of all my clothes and 6 kg of alchohol. My backpack was ok, but in addition to the small stuff I had 4 kilo of alchohol there. Hehehe.
So yeah, It was alot to carry in the heat, and my boots were not the best to look for my hotel in. Of course, I got seriously off course in the beginning, so when I finally found my hotel my feet was seriously wounded and it was painful to walk. But I managed.

Thursday: This was the first evening on Inferno. Today the following bands was playing (only posting the bands playing on the big scene, as I didn't see any of the bands on the small scene anyways. I hadn't heard about any of them anyways. Hehehe):
18.15 Keep of Kalessin
19.45 Nightrage
21.15 Khold
23.00 Carpathian Forest
01.00 Usurper
My plans was to see Khold and Carpathian Forest - both playing Black Metal. Mostly cause the other bands were small and unknown or I didn't care much for them. It was Khold last concert before their breakup, so I thought it would be worth to see them --- I wasn't very impressed. Carpathian Forest was super, but I was kinda dissappointed not to see their biiiiiig bassist playing. On the dvd he walks around only wearing a string, with the text "Sodomized by Satan" above his ass. Also they didn't have the female dancers --- looking much the same as the bassist.
So yeah, that would've been fun to watch, but I guess it's just as well. Hehehe.

Friday, the best day of the festival - by far! :D The following bands were playing:
18.15 System:Obscure
19.45 Susperia
21.15 Dismember
23.00 Borknagar
01.00 Emperor
My plans: Susperia, Borknagar and Emperor. I didn't see Susperia, cause without me knowing it they had switched places with Dismember. They were an alright substitute tho. They played Death Metal. Borknagar, being one of my fav bands, were super tho. I stood all the way in the front singing along. It was a great concert. Didn't get to shake any of the band member's hands :/ but I tried! Hehe. Emperor - being one of the most legendary black metal bands in history - were a blast as well. But it was SO packed with people, I had to stay all the way in the back, but I had a nice view, so I didn't mind. All in all a great day!

Saturday, the last day of inferno. I woke up early to go to the shops for getting some things for my feet. I got what I wanted at a pharmacy, and they were ok again. I also went by a shop for metal and goth things. I was looking for a new jacket and some minor gadgets. I ended up buying neither. Bands for the day:
18.15 Disiplin
19.45 Myrkskog
22.15 Battered
23.00 Marduk
01.00 Cathedral
I went up early to see Myrkskog - which I actually thought was Myrkgrav :laugh: (I guess that makes no difference to anyone in here anyways? hehehe) so I was up for a bummer. But this concert also proved to be decent enough. Besides them I saw Marduk and Cathedral. I hadn't listened to any of the bands before, so I was up for a couple of surprises. Marduk was alright - Standard black metal. But I thought Cathedral was really nice. A great concert. I stood all the way in the front, so that I'd get a better part of the fun. They played some kinda Doom Hard Rock. It was pretty good, and I guess I'll check them further out the following days.

Sunday: time to go home. Got to the train, slept half of the trip. The train had some problems, so it was delayed for an hour, but I slept through all of that, so I didn't mind. Hehehe. I got home safe and sound. I will post pictures as they appear on the web. If I find some by me I'll be sure to show them to you. :) I know I was cought on video during the Cathedral-concert at least. Hehehehe.

Kyro
18-04-2006, 01:38
Glad you enjoyed it! From what I've heard Emperor and Borknagar are great, but haven't really heard much yet. I've been meaning to check out some of the other bands there too at some point too.

Shame about your feet though. That must have been really painful :bum:

dradeel
18-04-2006, 15:18
Glad you enjoyed it! From what I've heard Emperor and Borknagar are great, but haven't really heard much yet. I've been meaning to check out some of the other bands there too at some point too.

Shame about your feet though. That must have been really painful
Hehe. So you like metal? Great! :) You should indeed check out Borknagar and Emperor. Try to get hold of the albums "Quintessence" and "Empricism" by Borknagar. By Emperor I personally favourize "Promotheus - The Discipline of Fire & Demise". The other bands are - for me - not so important, but Carpathian Forest owns. Hehe.

I bought a t-shirt of Carpathian Forest. On the front is a big picture of their logo. On the back it says the text: "Thanx for the blow job !!!!" Hahahaa... gotta love 'em! :D

Yeah. When I was walking home thursday night, I must have looked like someone who had crapped his own pants. I was walking very robot-ish, so that my toes and heels would have as little friction against the boot as possible. Hehehe. Damn it was painful. I was in heaven when I'd been to the pharmacy on saturday tho. :)

Rachel
18-04-2006, 15:21
Hehe. So you like metal?I dunno about her, but I prefer wood & plastic :cool:

LMAO :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :p

Anyway, glad you had a great time! :yes:

Kyro
18-04-2006, 15:45
So you like metal?
I LOVE metal! :D Tatu is one of the very few non-metal bands I listen to.
Thanks for the recommendations- I'll have to check them out some time :)

dradeel
18-04-2006, 20:59
I dunno about her, but I prefer wood & plastic

LMAO Sorry, I couldn't help myself!
Hahahaha... fuuunny! :D
I LOVE metal! Tatu is one of the very few non-metal bands I listen to.
Thanks for the recommendations- I'll have to check them out some time
Heh.. that's just like me.

Np. Enjoy :)