26-01-2004, 17:31
[Episode 2 was cancelled, so this one is in fact Episode 3.]

Again, many thanks to denial and the lovely Russian girl. :rose:

Reality Show Episode 3 - Denial's exclusive

Well... it all began with telling about the previous weekend. Some
moments from the first show were shown and then they said about that
cancellation... they said it was only 50 days before the album should be
finished and that now they are gonna explain why it all happened and where
were the girls at the moment they should be in Podnebesnaya...

Lena in her flat was shown... washing dishes and talking to her granma
and Vitaly Mansky. Yulia was sitting in some car and talking... the
camera was switching from one to another. They all were talking about Ivan
and what a bustard he really is LoL

Both girls were saying he becomes worse and worse with every day. That
he lost the plot... that the album is nowhere to be seen. That they ask
him if it's ready and he sais yes... but refuses to show it... and then
says they have to choose songs again... That he crossed the line...
that he's the only star in the project and doesn't need them. So Yulia was
like: 'let him promote himself if he wants... why us?' That they could
record the album in 2 weeks if had material... And that they see Ivan
is very nervous as he realises he won't have the album in time. Lena
said she doesn't believe they can have better album than the first one.

Yulia says he doesn't care about ppl... he doesn't care about her voice
problems... and all the songs they tried to record required high
screaming from her... while they could be sang lower... that if everything
keeps going this way she'll just refuse to scream... coz TATU will end
one day and she'll still have her life and no voice... that problems came
back and she'll just say Ivan to invite someone else to sing so she'll
be only opening her mouth...

They said they believed in Ivan and now he's so frustrating... they are
thankful and all.... but the don't like what they are now... means
they've lost their popularity everywhere... no new material and he keeps
doing nothing... Yulia said she was always on his side... but now she
sees that ppl who left the project... THEY were the ones who made it so
huge... Galoyan wrote most popular songs... Kiper was also important...
that all good ppl leave Ivan...

Both girls seemed frustrated... and sounded like if they continue like
singers... it won't be TATU. Even Yulia was talking about having a solo
project when said about her voice problems and that she doesn't want to
ruin her future.

So the first part was 'Ivan bashing'.

Then Tokiyo concert was shown... with all going on behind the stage...
with Lena walking on Tokyo streetes and saying she just realised she
has no talant.. so she'll better leave show-business and become a
lawyer... lol.. with the scandal that happened here when Japan promotes didn't
let Ivan see girls and attend concerts so he couldn't ruin everything
again lol And they showed how bad Yulia was... those doctors... that
pale face... and when the concert was about to begin she got the phone
call from Ivan and he said they had to go down and see him... or he'll
forbid the concert... Yulia was like...'Ivan, come here and we'll
discuss... I feel so bad... I can't go down... and we have to do the concert'
but after long talking she sighed ans said ok with a hopeless facial
expression. So they went down... Ivan acted like a spoiled kid... but
first thing he said when saw girls was: 'give Yulia the jacket! now!'
Anyway... Yulia acted like the mature one with the sense of
responsibility... not Ivan...

Than it was the concert... and they even showed Lena's faint... she was
carried on some guy's hands... I don't know if it was a right thing to
show... I mean c'mon! She's a human... why show such things... but it
came out as a very cute moment after all... Yulia... brave and
agressive... bad temper girl... she was sooo sweet with Lena... There were many
ppl around panicing... and she was calm and seemed really knew what to
do... she took some water in her mouth and soon lena opened her eyes
lol she couldn't speak even... so Yulia was taking the black maskara from
her face... very carefully... and then ran and brought some tea with
sugar... saying Lena didn't eat anything again... and she helped her to
drink it... then kissed Lena's arm, pressed her cheak to it ans sighed
looking very sad... that was very 'awww'... and especially if we don't
forget Yulia had fever herself...

Of course I don't remember ALL that was shown... but this time show was
fun... tho I'm not sure what was the role of Ivan in it... may be STS
producers decided to give the all power to Mansky? Or it's just another
of Ivan's stunts? lol

Oh... and they said the project won't be around Podnebesnaya only...
they were show life of main characters as well... Podnebesnaya will just
be the place girls spend some time at... doing the recording and all...

Source: ..she's a Russian.... a lovely Russian...

transcend
26-01-2004, 18:01
Well, this is all very interesting, and many thanks to all of you lovely Russians everywhere for providing the info. Actually, this is starting to correspond to one of my favourite Tatu fantasies; namely, the girls realize that Ivan is a spent force, has taken them as far as he can, has become a drug-addled shadow of his former self/ a megalomaniac/ both...and they take control of the project themselves, realizing that what really made Tatu great in the first place, was their own "personal charm" as Brian Epstein might have put it. And then they set out to reconquer the West, they understand they need a new creative dynamo to guide them...someone untried and unsullied by the wicked ways of showbusiness, but somebody with integrity and imagination, who knows that it should be all about the music really, who understands that in spite of all the shenanigans these two girls love music. But where to find such a person? They happen upon the tatysite forum, see that there's an English fan (almost old enough to be their mother, who cares, who's tried to communicate the way forward for the group over the past year in her previous guise of rachelc) - it's a risk, a hell of a risk, but being bold has always worked for them so they give her a try... and the rest is the stuff of pop legend, as they say.

Of course this whole Ivan-bashing thing could be the latest part of the scam/show, as the lovely Russian posited. Either way, I'm still watching the show...until I get the chance to start running the show (oh, I can dream can't I?).

protoman2k1
27-01-2004, 01:48
We so have to get videos of this , thanx guys damn!!! I really want to see this

spyretto
27-01-2004, 02:03
it seems like staged, right? And then Ivan will come with a miraculous set of songs...and then the truth will be revealed that Tatu are really lesbians.

Staged or not, it just won't happen :D

haku
27-01-2004, 02:14
I had posted this on the temp forum about this episode. I stand by what i said, except that now i do believe that Lena really fainted. The poor girl fainted before and she will probably faint again.

How could i ever doubt her? I wonder what led me to become so skeptical... :rolleyes:

Copied post starts here:

He he, actually i do think everything was staged :D

Ivan would have never let this air if he did not agree with it.

Obviously this first part was done to please a significant part of the fans, those who dislike Ivan. The girls appear as victims who want to do great things but can't because Ivan has no clue about what he's doing.

Maybe the girls do have a lot of anger toward Ivan, and had private arguments with him. In that case Ivan decided to use those feelings to create an entertaining twist in the show.

But the whole thing may have been written by Ivan himself and in reality the girls still think he's a genius.

Either way, the girls were "allowed" to bash Ivan. They wouldn't have done it if they had not been asked to. It's staged.

Now the second part. I'm in such a skeptical position now that i'm not even ready to believe that Lena really fainted. If she fainted precisely when Manski's camera was on her, i'll have a lot of doubts.

But let's say she fainted. Yulia's reaction just shows that she's level-headed and remains calm in emergency situations. They've known each other for years and it's only normal to help a friend that collapses in front of you. It doesn't show or prove anything more than that.

But hey, i'm a hopeless romantic so i'm sure i'll fall for it again and will go awwwww... until i remember that Yulia and Lena's boyfriends were spotted in Podnebesnaya by journalists.

denial
27-01-2004, 14:35
By Katbeidar

Reality Show in "Podnebesnaya" Thread - [Part II]
« Thread started on: 01/23/2004 at 22:30:38 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time to start a part two, so move your thought to this thread. The mods will close the other one soon. Here are two new translations to kick us off.

Tatu in Podnebesnaya: There is no danger of Tatu’s project in Podnebesnaya to result in a failure!

Channel STS will continue to broadcast Tatu reality show “In Podnebesnaya” this weekend, which is dedicated to the recording of Tatu’s next album live. The next broadcasts are on 24th and 25th of January at 8:00pm. Rumors about troubles with the project surfaced after the first broadcasts on 17th and 18th of January. In the Saturday broadcast the girls from Tatu appeared on the screen for no more then five minutes – had a fight with the photographer and left, on top of that, according to some sources, this incident was recorded a long time ago when nobody even planned the reality show yet. Most of the program showed Tatu’s producer Ivan Shapovalov, thoughtfully discussing irrelevant topics. On Sunday, 18th of January, "Tatu in Podnebesnaya" wasn’t broadcasted at all, replaced by Vitalyi Mansky’s documentary film about the group “Anatomy of Tatu”. As Tatu’s press-attachй Aleksandr Tityanko informed InterMedia, that happened only due to technical problems: the films prepated for the second broadcasting of the show were of bad quality, and they were decided not to be shown. According to Tityanko, there are some problems in the relationship between Shapovalov and managers of STS, but "there are not conflicts that can end the project". It’s just that Shapovalov and the management of STS have different views on how Tatu’s reality show in Podnebesnaya should be like. What their arguments lead them to can be seen in the next broadcasting of Tatu’s reality show this weekend. Julia and Lena, most likely, will appear a bit more this time, since they do visit Podnebesnaya two to three hours every day. "This is a very unpredictable project,” - says Aleksandr Tityanko. – “Nevertheless, the album is being recorded, and potential authors are arriving". One song is almost ready, and the sons author is not one of the contestants who sent in the lyrics, but the leader of group “7B” – Ivan Dimyan. The composition was not intended for the duo, but producer Ivan Shapovalov decided that it suite the girls after having a listen of it.”

Source: InterMedia
Translated by katbeidar for Tatysite.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tatu in Podnebesnaya: The girls couldn’t split the money with their producer

In the next broadcast of “Tatu in Podnebesnaya” the viewers will be informed how much Tatu girls earn while working in “Podnebesnaya”.

Channel STS, which started the broadcasting this reality show for one reason only, discovered and intends to let its viewers know the financial position of this girly duo. The thing is, Tatu are the only Russian project that earned a lot of money in the West. They sold nearly 7 million albums, sell out tickets to huge arena’s in capitals all over the world, and after a successful breakout in the East their earnings will only increase. According to “Komsomolskaya Pravda”, currently Tatu have earned over 300 million dollars!

STS reports, that the viewers will find out the secrets of the Tatu phenomenon, which allows them to earn the money. According to the producers, they can discover a lot of this from the project on how to earn money in show-business: about contracts, author rights, renting of huge arenas for concerts and hotels.

But this is not the only intriguing part of the next episode. According to “KP”, the young Tatu girls are going to “leave” their producer Ivan Shapovalov! As we all know, money is able to start a fight even between the best friends. In seems as though the dilemma about «whether it’s possible to split 300 million dollars and remain partners» was resolved negatively by Tatu. It’s very likely that the money was the reason why the girls had a fight with their inspiration and teacher and threatened him that they want to find another “leader”. Whether the clever and tricky Ivan Shapovalov be able to change the girls’ mind and put them on the right track, the viewers will find out in the next episode of the reality show.

Source: Natalia Voloshyna from KP
Translated by katbeidar for TatySite.net

xena225
27-01-2004, 15:28
Than it was the concert... and they even showed Lena's faint... she was carried on some guy's hands... I don't know if it was a right thing to show... I mean c'mon! She's a human... why show such things... but it came out as a very cute moment after all... Yulia... brave and agressive... bad temper girl... she was sooo sweet with Lena... There were many ppl around panicing... and she was calm and seemed really knew what to do... she took some water in her mouth and soon lena opened her eyes lol she couldn't speak even... so Yulia was taking the black maskara from her face... very carefully... and then ran and brought some tea with sugar... saying Lena didn't eat anything again... and she helped her to drink it... then kissed Lena's arm, pressed her cheak to it ans sighed looking very sad... that was very 'awww'... and especially if we don't forget Yulia had fever herself...

Awww, poor Lenotchka.

How disturbing that she seems to faint a lot, but at the same time, how very nice to read / see that Yulia takes such good care of her. Same thing happened during that press conference in Moscow, remember? Lena felt weak and dizzy, Yulia "sprayed" her with water and then led her to an open window, and stayed close to her, even resting her head on her shoulder. Good to know she takes good care of Lena.

Feeeeeeeel the love! :heart: :cool:

Thanks, denial!! :rose:

xena225

skye
27-01-2004, 17:41
Originally posted by denial
... she was sooo sweet with Lena... There were many ppl around panicing... and she was calm and seemed really knew what to do... she took some water in her mouth and soon lena opened her eyes lol she couldn't speak even... so Yulia was taking the black maskara from her face... very carefully... and then ran and brought some tea with sugar... saying Lena didn't eat anything again... and she helped her to drink it... then kissed Lena's arm, pressed her cheak to it ans sighed looking very sad... that was very 'awww'... and especially if we don't forget Yulia had fever herself... [/B]
:heart: That's true love :heart: I think they can't live without each other wheather what kind of love exists between them :yes: :heart: They are like a family :newyear:

haku
27-01-2004, 17:59
It doesn't mean anything. When someone you've known for years collapses in front of you, you help them, that's only natural.
Any friend of Lena would have done the same thing, and Nastya also helped Lena when she fainted in Japan.

freddie
27-01-2004, 18:06
Yeah... I don't think this might mean romantic affection, but it still shows that they're good friends. Remember a while back when people claimed they weren't even friends, that they hate eachother and such? I never doubted that they were good friends and have a great chementry between them.

About the Ivan bashing... staged or not... I liked it. :D
Perhaps it was staged and just perhaps... he just doesn't CARE!! We all saw in the documentary Ivan can be a pretty hedonistic carefree guy... he doesn't concearn himself with life to much. ;)

skye
27-01-2004, 18:20
Originally posted by haku
It doesn't mean anything. When someone you've known for years collapses in front of you, you help them, that's only natural.
Any friend of Lena would have done the same thing, and Nastya also helped Lena when she fainted in Japan.
What about kissing the arm? Do u do the same to your friend as well?

haku
27-01-2004, 18:29
Originally posted by skye
In France, between family and friends, yes (And i live in the north! People in the south are much more touchy-feely!).

It's a question of culture, physical contacts between friends can go pretty far here without having any "romantic" meaning.
For example, if i'm presented a woman my age in an informal situation, we kiss each other on the cheeks even though it's the first time we meet.

Slavic culture is also lile that, and we all know that Yulia particularly likes physical contact.

Lena410
27-01-2004, 18:37
It's a question of culture, physical contacts between friends can go pretty far here without having any "romantic" meaning.

you're right in that but although I'm very touchy with my friends I can not see anyone of them kissing my arm..hm..I'm not saying that that means that lena and yulia are a couple since neither of them is me :gigi:

it was no matter how they would label their relationship a *very* sweet gesture...:D :p

EDIT: this is my 500th post! :coctail: *grins*

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 18:49
Well, I would.. I've kissed my friends on the cheek several times (so comparing to that, the arm is practically nothing :D).. And as Haku said, you kiss someone when you greet them in France. Let's just face it, Lena and Yulia are not a couple. :P

Lena410, congratulations!!! :rose:

haku
27-01-2004, 18:52
Originally posted by Lena410
you're right in that but although I'm very touchy with my friends I can not see anyone of them kissing my arm
He he, for the arm kissing i was not talking about any casual situation, but specifically of the fainting situation.

If a friend of mine fainted in front of me, that kind of behavior would be totally possible. It's just something you do on "impulse", because you are worried for your friend.

And we have to keep in mind that Yulia and Lena are special cases. They've been kissing and groping each other since they were forteen! They bathed naked together! They are used to contacts with each other's bodies, and of course we can expect a very touchy behavior from them in a situation where one of them is sick.

freddie
27-01-2004, 18:57
Slavic culture is also lile that...

Yes. Yes it is! And I have pictures to prove it! :D

Anyway... seriously. even if they were a couple this wouldn't be much of an evidence. I thought we were past those discussions already. We're on a higher level of existance now guys! :p

Lena410
27-01-2004, 18:59
Thanks Queenbee! *takes rose*
but I cant agree with you..I kiss my friends on the cheek and on the mouth but I wouldnt kiss their arm..maybe I'm just weird :p

but yulia reacting in the protective way she did is understandable since they are friends but I don't think its common..I know a lot of people who just wouldn't care...and no matter what its sweet that she does :D

and being used to touchy behaviour in front of cameras does not mean that you would be touchy in a situation like that too..but it surely is a possible explanation..although I think that its more based on yul being worried about lena

but it still only proves that they care for each other and are friends..in my opinion anyway :p

EDIT: higher level of existance? :lol: freddie you crack me up :p

haku
27-01-2004, 19:05
Congrats about your 500 Lena410 :rose:
I knew i had forgotten something, i'm so rude. :lalala:

teeny
27-01-2004, 19:06
Let's just face it, Lena and Yulia are not a couple. :P
but it's still cute :p
<-- hopes to get to see the scene sometime

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 19:11
TLFdk, yeah I know.. :gigi: And FINALLY something that's not staged! :P Hehe

Lena410
27-01-2004, 19:13
awwww...haku thanks! *takes that rose too* your not rude :p *hugs*

QB I agree! Its so good to see something that is not staged *and* cute! :done: :gigi:

xena225
27-01-2004, 19:23
Oh puh-leeze, ARM KISSING is a casual thing? :lol:

Just face it, Yulia and Lena are totally close. They are very special to each other, you gotta be BLIND not to see it, and anyone who feels the need to put them in a tidy neat little box that says "they are this" or "they are that" will keep on failing to understand the true scope of their relationship.

For the record: I wasn't talking about them being a couple at all. I was talking about LOVE. How interesting to see people fall over each other to explain how very normal it is to kiss someone's arm, and how very banal it is to tenderly care for your friend. Jeeezus. :rolleyes:

xena225

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 19:34
and anyone who feels the need to put them in a tidy neat little box that says "they are this" or "they are that" will keep on failing to understand the true scope of their relationship.
Well that's kinda unfair to say since you just did that yourself by saying they are really close friends (even though I agree). :gigi: And we don't know their true scope of their relationship (but I'm sure some people on the forum do) so I don't think we are allowed to judge...

For the record: I wasn't talking about them being a couple at all. I was talking about LOVE.
Well that's what I was talking about too. :confused: Kissing your friend is love, and that's what I meant. I kiss my FRIENDS out of love. In France it is just a tradition, and Haku mentioned that. He didn't say Lena and Yulia were not close.

How interesting to see people fall over each other to explain how very normal it is to kiss someone's arm
Well for some people it is interesting, maybe not to you, but that was a pretty interesting discussion if you ask me. And to some people it actually IS normal to kiss someone's hand.. What's wrong with that?

and how very banal it is to tenderly care for your friend
We were saying the exact opposite, that it is very cute that Yulia did that.

haku
27-01-2004, 19:36
Their relationship has no "scope". At best they are close friends, nothing groundshaking. Dozens of people on this very forum have relationships that have more "scope" than theirs.

And yes, arm kissing *is* casual for two people who have been paid to kiss and grope for four years.

coolasfcuk
27-01-2004, 19:39
Hmm, to comment on te arm thing...I wont even go into are they lovers, in love, love eachother, friends, etc, etc....

Simple - if anyone fainted in front of you - forget about friend, grandmas, grandpas... wouldnt you help them?!!? :confused: I hope so, becase I would.. and especially if it is someone you know.. that one

second... kissing the arm eh? ha ha - this summer I was in a club with a freind of mine, who I had just recently met... lets say less than a month before that! How good can we know eachother? not THAT good right? I was dancing around and booom, hit my elbow pretty hard on a bar, stopped dancing and went - "ahhhhhhhh". My fried grabbed my arm and she kissed my elbow 'to make it feel better' ;) Are we in love? I dont think so - absolutely NO romantic involvement-did anybody say culture? :gigi:I doubt that could happen here in the U.S.

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 19:44
coolasfcuk, aaw.. so nice of your friend :D and you gotta stop dancing like a lunatic so that you don't hit yourself next time :p

Anyway, I think it was very nice of Yulia to help a friend. I feel really sorry for Lena since she seems to be fainting so much.. Apparently it's cause of the diets.. :(

Lena410
27-01-2004, 19:47
haku I'm just curious...how do you know that their relationship has no "scope"? *frowns* I know that most of my relationships who people just dismiss have more scope than those they say that are important to me. I don't think that anyone can judge a relationship as long as he is not in them.

and how can you be so certain that its casual? when I think about all the relativity and individualism in this world *I* would never say that something that is casual for me has to be casual for someone I dont even know with so much certainity.

I'm not arguing that they are a couple or in love..I just want to understand your point of view..I think that it was cute no matter what it meant to them..but I think that it *did* mean something to them..whatever it was

haku
27-01-2004, 20:07
I'm saying it's casual to them because they are *so* used to touch each other's bodies. We have seen them put their hands down each other's pants in front of cameras, that's how far they are willing to go, so kissing an arm is as casual to them as shaking hands to most of us.

And like cool said, kissing arms is indeed casual in some cultures, and the Russian culture is one of them.

As for the "scope" of their relationship. What i mean by that is that there is no reason to be amazed by what is shown in that video. It's a pretty common display of affection and caring between friends, it's cute, but it's in no way extraordinary. Millions of people would have done the same thing in a similar situation.

In their current state, Tatu is no longer breaking any barriers or pushing any limits in terms of what kind of relationships are socially acceptable in our societies. They are now two close female friends who love each other. Totally banal and common.

But it *is* cute! I agree there. :) They are both so pretty, what's not to like.

thegurgi
27-01-2004, 20:11
but it's still cute

i agree... it is cute! they are the best faux lesbians ever! although, Denial might have something to say about that.

hahaha.

:: wow, i must have like been behind in where i posted this... cause i thought i was replying to Tina......

i need some sleep ::

Lena410
27-01-2004, 20:19
*nods* haku, thanks for clearing that up..now I understand *smile*

transcend
27-01-2004, 20:47
Back to the good old days - I knew you wouldn't let me down. For the record, if my best friend fainted and I kissed her arm, she would be extremely worried about me. In fact, there is more chance of hell freezing over than me kissing my best friend's arm...But then...we're English. How I envy you Latins and Slavs. (sigh)

skye
27-01-2004, 21:34
Alright alright, I was not discussing are they or aren't they, but it's true they do care about each other quite much. But as the kissing arm , we chinese are not that common to do it(asian people are more conservertive, even kissing cheek is not that common). As my memory of close interaction, that could be lovers or parents towards children :ithink: the way Yulia did is just so nature in that way :) So I don't believe the media said that they hate each other :yes: That is the love, no matter what kind of love ;)

transcend
27-01-2004, 21:38
Originally posted by skye
That is the love, no matter what kind of love ;)

Agreed.

teeny
27-01-2004, 21:52
Originally posted by thegurgi
i agree... it is cute! they are the best faux lesbians ever! although, Denial might have something to say about that.
Lol.. she prop. has a thing or two to say about that.

:: wow, i must have like been behind in where i posted this... cause i thought i was replying to Tina......
LOL yeah I figured it was my quote and began to wonder why it was quoted this far down.. :p

One time I almost did faint, and 5 sec after I had said, that I didn't feel wel,l I had 10 people or so around me at a vets waiting room. Even though most of the people in there must have been waiting with their ill pets, I was the center of their attention for a few min. Think the reation by Yul was pretty normal, and most people would have helped out everyway they could.
Kissing arm a mayor plus I wouldn't mind at all.. :lalala:

thegurgi
28-01-2004, 02:25
TLFdk, i can be a moron sometimes....

I love how Episode 2 is getting so much attention.
like, SCREW YOU EPISODE THREE!! :: that moronicness again ::

But, yeah... i'm starting to get a bit impatient for a cap.

denial
28-01-2004, 05:23
I am with xena225, the spontanous act by Yulia for kissing Lena's arm probably came from sort of daily practise. :laugh:

And also when Lena fainted at press conference when Yulia sprays water at Lena ..

Yulia will always take charge when something like that happened.

During the photoshoot with the rude photograher.. Yulia was so upset .. she could just leave by herself .. but she waited for Lena to change .. awww .. :)

:spy:

PS: I dont kiss anyone arms ..unless.. during ...*ahem*

But again we haven't seen the video .."duh!"

haku
28-01-2004, 05:31
Originally posted by denial
the spontanous act by Yulia for kissing Lena's arm probably came from sort of daily practise.
He he denial, no one said this was "rehearsed", all i'm saying is that since they can put their hands down each other's pants in front of cameras, kissing an arm is no big deal, that's all. :)

Lux
28-01-2004, 05:55
when i love a friend, i am affectionate. hugs, touching, etc. but it's not necessarily sexual. so what if they are affectionate? i think they love each other on some level, if not in a sexual relationshippy kind of way.

this isnt out yet so....:none:

denial
28-01-2004, 05:56
oh well .. why not ..

*kisses Haku's arm*
*kisses Cools's arm*
*kisses Queenbee's arm*
*kisses Tina's arm*
*kisses Greg's arm*

ack! :dead:

Lux
28-01-2004, 06:01
*bleeding ensues*

does it matter so?

haku
28-01-2004, 06:02
Awww, you're so sweet denial. :) *Kisses denial's hand and gives her a bouquet of roses* :rose: x 12

Edit: No, it doesn't really matter Lux, but we have a whole forum to discuss things we can't see, so we might as well have fun doing it. :D

Edit bis: 2222th post :P

Lux
28-01-2004, 06:04
wait a second, the second episode isnt out yet?

haku
28-01-2004, 06:06
Lux

Episode 2 was aired last saturday, but there is no video available yet. :)

emowen
28-01-2004, 10:02
REALLY?? NO video yet?? no wonder I was going mad trying to find it LOL!!!
PLEASE guys, if you know when we can download it and where can you please lt us al know ??? PLEEEEEASE?? :):)

xena225
28-01-2004, 13:03
Everyone who keeps saying "they are this" or "they cannot be that" with such conviction and, dare I say, flippancy, should keep in mind that they most certainly do NOT know the true scope of this special female relationship. How could anyone except for Lena and Yulia themselves know that?

Just be a little careful with your judgement. We wouldn't want anyone to feel like a fool again after the next documentary, no? :D

xena225

MassMedia
29-01-2004, 03:52
boy i wish there was a video out..... no one capped it?

Kate
29-01-2004, 04:26
How come Lena faints so much? Is she sick?

I am 17, and I never even came close to fainting, despite the fact that in Novermber 2003 alone I sat University Entry Exams + NZEST Scholarship Exams + My dad had a heart attack + a few nerve-wreaking fights on TatySite.net.

I wanna faint!! Gimme a reason to faint!!

:lalala:

thegurgi
29-01-2004, 05:27
katbeidar, i'm 19 and i've fainted a few times... it's not that great.

I can understand her faint... one of the times i did was when i had a high fever but had to write this paper for a class [the teacher was bitch and wouldn't except any excuses ]. And i just went under.... i fell out of my chair... not good [my dad was an EMT, so he knew what do to]

Or maybe she just has Epilepsy

russkayatatu
29-01-2004, 05:31
I hardly have anything to add to the preceding posts, but I just wanted to say that yes, I think coolasfcuk is right in saying nothing like that could happen in America. :gigi: I live in the US and I've had relationships with friends that I consider pretty close and we've never touched at all, not in any way :D so yeah, I think it's more of a culture thing; this isn't America, but Russia ... and what everyone has said, when someone is hurt and besides you know them so well, it's nothing out of the ordinary at all to kiss her arm and help her.

I'm not sure what it's like here because I haven't seen the 2nd episode, but from the 8-minute video of the first episode I felt like everything was more or less staged ... to an extent I didn't feel in the Manskii documentary.

thegurgi
29-01-2004, 05:37
Really?

In my town in NWPA USA, which is very conservative protestant christian society, Girls constantly held hands and skipped down the hallway of school. They would lay or lean on each other, stroke each others hair and ect. But non of them were gay, they were just friends who were so confortable with each other it didn't matter.

And i'd seen them kiss or rub arms and foreheads and stuff. They are just that close...

But maybe that's just my town [ we are an odd people ].

And in my Russian Class Last Semester we discussed the Similarities between Russians and Americans and lot of people felt that Americans were more like Russians than they are like the English and even Canadians.

So, i dunno...

:: and may i note that it wasn't just girls who would do this, hell, i've had male friends just lean on me like how Yulia does sometimes to Lena. It's just like that, i don't care, and they are my friend, i'd known them for years, so it's like... hey there... ::

irish22
29-01-2004, 05:50
thANKS haku for the info does anyone know if someone has capped the 2nd and 3rd videos the firast one is up on pauls ftp but the other two are not.

coolasfcuk
29-01-2004, 05:51
Originally posted by thegurgi
And in my Russian Class Last Semester we discussed the Similarities between Russians and Americans and lot of people felt that Americans were more like Russians than they are like the English and even Canadians.
:confused: :grustno: :confused: really?!?! wow! :none: no comment to that... wonder what you were discussing exactly...

whatever it is... thank you russkaya for saying what you've seen so far was staged! I am not the only one... :10x:

russkayatatu
29-01-2004, 06:11
thegurgi, really? ...

I'm thinking; I remember in my high school it was in fashion to give each other massages :gigi: Girls, boys, whoever. So sometimes, yeah, I'd say you're right. But I know a lot of people I just never get very close to, physically; we're always sitting across a table, or walking next to each other, or talking across a distance of a foot or so, or something ... not touching at all. I dunno, it's not everyone I know, just some of them, all Americans ;) Isn't there a theory about 'personal space' somewhere - Americans need a lot of room to feel comfortable, Eastern Europeans need less, and Israelis want to be standing so close they can smell your breath? I guess a lot of these friends are people much older than me, and that might have something to do with it, but I think it's for people my age as well ...

I remember walking arm-and-arm with one Russian friend and a girl I knew looking at us in shock and a sort of revulsion. Although I see some girls, American girls, doing the same thing and it being no big deal at all. Maybe it's a question of individuals; this girl is very conservative, and proper, and not very adventurous or exciting; we were good acquaintances for a while but I don't think I've ever touched her, or she me, either. It's kind of funny to think about it that way ;)

For Americans I think physical intimacy between friends is not necessarily a given; there are a lot of people not comfortable with it - like that girl I mentioned, for one - and I think a lot of people I know would hesitate before touching someone even on the shoulder unless they knew them pretty well. Or if there's a big age difference: you might shake their hand, but other than that, nothing ... unless it was something out of the ordinary, like they were hurt. And I think in America it's possible to have a good friend and never physically touch at all; I mean, a lot of times it happens, but sometimes it doesn't.

Then again most of the people I know are either much older than me or foreigners or both, so maybe I don't really know for sure what's normal for Americans and what's not ;) But I've seen girls - friends - dance with each other at clubs and I doubt that any one of them would kiss a hurt elbow to make it feel better ;) I'm thinking ... even the best friends I know ... well, they might; it's possible - it'd be somewhat out of the ordinary though.

Anyway the only reason I posted is cause I remembered thinking once that I was such good friends with this one guy, it was crazy we were always so far apart :D I think Europeans have a better system :gigi:

thegurgi
29-01-2004, 06:32
Yes... It seems like in my town, personal space just isn't an issue. Probably because of how small a town we are and just that we really do know everyone... so, it's more of a village. And i always get the impression that in Europe, people are compact and they interact with each other. So they get to be closer.

As for that discussion in class, we talked about cultures, intimacy and just they way we act. And that's what most people assessed. Of Course, the closest thing we had to a Russian in that class was a Ukrainian. [ the teacher is Polish ]

xena225
29-01-2004, 20:32
No videos yet? :hmmm: :grustno:

I think I will move to Moscow with my PC & TV for the next three months. :user: <-- xena happily capping away... :cool:

xena225

dollparts3000
30-01-2004, 20:27
The fastest way to post a file is just to distribute it as a torrent.

rANdoMtATuFaN
31-01-2004, 05:04
Well, I must say that from what i've experienced, Americans create a lot of distance btwn each other. I mean, my roommate, for example, she knows everything about me and i know everything about her but I doubt she would even hug me if I was totally upset and crying. I come from a family that's very physical - always hugging and stuff...

Anyway, there are a few exceptions and girls are more hugey (i invented a word) than guys, for the most part. But seriously, i mean, ppl here, aren't physically close - or maybe that's just me 'coz i've always lived in big cities.

OMG, when my roommate met my mother for the first time, my mom hugged her and I saw a total look of discomfort on her face.

Back to the topic - yeah, i'd really like to see the video.

MassMedia
31-01-2004, 10:42
torrent files would be fantastic way to distribute videos....

dollparts3000
31-01-2004, 15:51
Randomtatufan said: "OMG, when my roommate met my mother for the first time, my mom hugged her and I saw a total look of discomfort on her face."

ITA about the hugging thing here. I live in Toronto, one of the most unfriendly cities in Canada and North America !!! I find places like Boston, Vancouver, Montreal, Florida, Montana, Seattle, Sydney, Chicago, (especially Maine and New Hamshire) way more friendlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most people do not hug here. I am making a generalization but I don't see a lot of people hug in subways, in university, in high school, etc. I also come from a family that rarely hugs. They hug by patting each other on the back.

I had a roomate from Mexico in boarding school and she was always like, "Why don't you hug me properly?" It took me 3 months to actually hug somebody properly. That was in grade 9. I feel aquward hugging strangers that I don't know.

People don't touch a lot here. I find people from places like Mexico, Spain, Israel, the netherlands, Jamaica, Iran way more huggy!

QueenBee
31-01-2004, 17:04
Originally posted by xena225
No videos yet? :hmmm: :grustno:

I think I will move to Moscow with my PC & TV for the next three months. :user: <-- xena happily capping away... :cool:

xena225

Hehehe.. :rose:

RowerB
05-02-2004, 18:31
I want to see a vid of Yulia looking after Lena.

haku
05-02-2004, 19:58
And i wanna see the girls bashing Ivan. :gigi:

Oh well, i'm not even sure that anyone is capping this in Russia so we might never see it. :none:

dollparts3000
06-02-2004, 01:06
That's crazy! I can't believe no one is capping it!!! Someone must be capping it. There r tons of Russian fans, right?

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 01:20
Well, Kate said that Hare has it (if I understood her right), but she has a slow connection so she isn't able to upload it anywhere. Or something.

dollparts3000
06-02-2004, 03:03
If Hare has a slow connection, she could easily make a bittorent file. Bittorent works better than kazaa or a normal direct download because many people can download at once and it is downloaded in parts so when somebody has a few parts from hare, somebody can download from those few parts. The file doesn't need to be completed for people to download.

Bittorent is the best way to go for slow file downloads and uploads!!!

Check out the Bittorent faq..
http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Check this out if you do not know what a torrent is. These are the files you can download:
http://www.suprnova.org

Easy Steps to make a Torrent

1. Download Bittorent software:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/burst-plus/
or
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

2. Download Make Torrent in order to Make the torrent
http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/

3. Click the file button to find the file that you want to share.

4. Enter the tracker's announce url in the space provided, or use the drop-down list to select from one of a common list of trackers.
or you can use this and upload it to suprnova.org
http://suprnova.dyndns.org:6969/announce

5. Click "Creat Torrent' to creat the file

6. upload it to a web server. You can upload it to http://www.suprnova.org Click on Upload or you can upload it to your own site.

7. Finally, you must seed the file. Until this step, nothing but metadata has been transferred. Seeding is necessary to actually transmit your file to others. There are several ways to do this, but the simplest is to use your ordinary BitTorrent client just as you would with any other file. Navigate to the page on the web server where your .torrent is posted, click the link, and when the BitTorrent client starts be sure to select the same file/ directory that you used in maketorrent in step 2 above. The client should check the files and verify that they are complete, and then connect to the tracker and begin seeding.
(If you have problems, check out the faq posted above)

dollparts3000
06-02-2004, 04:23
If Hare wants to make it a small file, she can encode it in a real media file:

Download the totally free real media alternative here:

http://downloads.planetmirror.com/pub/majorgeeks/multimedia/realalt120.exe

or here (mirror2)
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

Scroll Down until you see real player alternative and then click on one of the url links.

2. To encode, use Helix PRoducer
Download Helix producer here.
The free version (fully functional)
http://www.realnetworks.com/products/producer/index.html
or go here
http://forms.real.com/rnforms/products/tools/producerbasic/index.html
Hare can make the files really small if she uses real producer to encode the files. They can be made to be under 1mb.

irish22
06-02-2004, 06:17
no dollparts she doesn't want real player the video on that program sucks you can mkae out the picture at all

Celtic Jobber
06-02-2004, 06:20
^Yeah, and my computer hates RealPlayer. But I guess it'd be better than nothing...?

If Hare has episode 2, does she also have the other episodes?

Is there anyone here in Russia she could send the tape to who could cap and put it online? (preferably in AVI or MPEG format)

0newinged
06-02-2004, 06:26
Originally posted by Celtic Jobber
^Yeah, and my computer hates RealPlayer.

Ok glad I'm not the only one :D

Bittorrent would work great, for a slower connection it would be a quick way to spread it around =) :done:

MassMedia
06-02-2004, 07:38
yes to bittorrent
no to realmedia

haku
06-02-2004, 17:47
Would a moderator be so kind as to rename this thread "Tatu in Podnebesnaya - Episode 3 - 24-01-2004".

Thanks a lot. :rose:

And i'm sorry for confusing people with those wrong titles.

thegurgi
06-02-2004, 18:50
I might know someone who has unlimited space for hosting these videos... all i have to do is ask them.......

dollparts3000
07-02-2004, 00:07
Real media is not that bad. People just do not know how to encode correctly. I encoded at 256kb/s 11kb sound and I checked the box for sharpest image. I reduced the 'Live on Craig Kilborn' show from 41mb (mpeg) to 8.34mb (rm). Real media is the best format out there for size. I've tried wmv and I can't get a small file without sacrificing too much quality.

There's no argument that divx looks better but it might be able to distribute the large amount of videos faster and easier by using real media. It does not look that bad. There's a tv show each week so real media would be the fastest way next to bittorent. Bittorent is still the best way.

Please check out the quality of real media when it is non-streaming. It's okay. The sound isn't great b/c I chose 10kb music. If you put it at 16, the file would be around 10mb and it would sound much better! Just change the settings on Real Producer.

http://www.streamload.com/supergirl3000/lenayulia/ATTSSCraigKilborn.rm

Right Click Save Target as

So if an episode for the tatu behind glass was around 200 mb mpeg, it would only be around 40-50mb for .rm and it would be much easier to distribute faster.

MassMedia
07-02-2004, 19:26
as i would prefer avi/mpeg over anything, realmedia is better than nothing....

dollparts3000
07-02-2004, 23:42
I also reduced taty podnebom part II from 70mb to 12mb and I posted it here:
I used 220 kb/s video with 8kb/s voice for sound with video noise reduction and I checked sharpest image.

http://www.streamload.com/supergirl3000/lenayulia/tatupodnebompart2.rm

12 MB vid

View with Real Media Alternative or Real Player. Real Alternative uses less RAM. You can download at any of these mirrors:
http://a1.edskes.com/r/realalt120.exe
http://c4.edskes.com/realalt120.exe
http://c1.edskes.com/realalt120.exe

If anyone wants to send me any new vids so I can host, it's really easy.

All you have to do is sign up for http://www.streamload.com
or you can use the free account that I created for somebody to upload (Accounts are free for 30 days):

U: tatyfun
P: Yulialena

1. Click Upload to Upload your vid
2. Then check the check box beside your vid and click e-mail on the top.
3. Enter my streamload username, supergirl3000 in the e-mail box
4. Click send!

It's very easy and you can download at rates up to 300kb/s

MassMedia
08-02-2004, 00:34
comparing the two videos you still lose alot of quality and framerate.

its great for people that have dialup or limited harddrive space, but for me id trade trade in another 50megs for better quality. (you can barely see lena's rosey cheeks!)

btw i just hate realplayer ;p

dollparts3000
08-02-2004, 00:36
So would I. However, there's how many videos that need to be hosted and distributed? If there's a video each week, that's a lot to be distributed if each video is over 100mb. I think there should be two videos available. Real and divx. But, if you want the video fast, real media is the better option and it is great quality for the size of the video which is about 1/7 the size in MB of divx.
I hate real player too! That''s why I use the alternative. It works better. Uses less RAM. No advertising. Very Simple.

It would prob. take people 1 min to download as opposed to 2 days, while waiting in queues.

I heard that Hare has a copy of the videos for each episode but her upload rate is very low so it would be better if she just converted it to real media. If Hare is the only person capping the show, real media is the best option for her or him.

If it is a choice between getting the vidz for each episode right away at fast download speeds or waiting 3 months for each episode (at this rate)...Real Media seems the best way to go next to bittorent.

Hare
09-02-2004, 22:16
That's crazy! I can't believe no one is capping it!!! Someone must be capping it. There r tons of Russian fans, right?
But Russian fans are very poor. Many of them have no internet at all, but those who have can't cap it, they don't know how or their computers don't allow to do it or smth else. But if they managed to cap it there would be the problem of slow connection.

As for me, I have all the episodes only on the video cassette, I can't cap the video, only the sound with great difficulty. By the way, the quality of the video is not very good. :(

denial
10-02-2004, 02:06
Hare, its okay .. I understand.. thank you very much for report already written...and if I not mistaken .. that Vso Normalno mp3 was from you right? thank you ..really.. :rose:

dollparts3000
10-02-2004, 03:59
Thanks for your reports! and the song too!!!!!!! :) That sucks though that you can't cap the show since you have all the tapes. I wonder who capped the first episode or the tatu documentary. Does anybody know?

Hare
10-02-2004, 14:26
denial, Vso Normalno mp3 was from you
Yes, it was from me :)
I wonder who capped the first episode or the tatu documentary.

dollparts3000, I wonder too who it was... :dknow:

Nike75
03-03-2004, 09:39
The part of the episode where Lena is fainting in Japan is on Onewinged's ftp for download.

Thanks to the person who captured it, who uploaded it and to Twiggy and Bitty for telling me it is there! :rose: <----- for all of you

Edit: Oh, I forgot Onewinged, sorry, thank you for hosting!

Here is the link:

ftp://tatu:%20pass@tatu.sytes.net:2100/Uploads/

file-name:

TATU_in_Podnebesnaya_episode3_lena_faint.avi

Enjoy!

Nike

teeny
03-03-2004, 11:11
thank you nike75 for letting us know. I'll download it when I come home. Sadly today might be a long day at school, and I guess wating to come home makes it even longer :none:

Thank you also to the person who uploaded the video and those who told nike75..
And of course 0newinged for hosting :rose:

Twiggy
03-03-2004, 15:46
For those how can't download the Video of this Server, feel free to take these Link.

Lena fainted (http://twiggy.taty-tatu.net/files/TATU_in_Podnebesnaya_episode3_lena_faint.avi)

@ Nike

Hey Girl you are really fast *zwinka*

Unplugged
03-03-2004, 17:24
Wow!

Thanks so much for the video :done:

Just seen it. Poor Lena :grustno: :kwink:

If I were her, I'd pretty pissed off that such an awful moment of her life goes on air on national TV. :no:

teeny
03-03-2004, 18:49
seen it now.. :D and then again :(
Lena looked so weak.. :( some one should give her a big hug to make her feel better.. well done by Yul though, esp when blocking the cam :done:

Thank you, twiggy for the alternative link :rose:

Lena410
03-03-2004, 21:02
poor Lena..yulia looked so worried...she was cute the way she tried to help Lena *nods*

*hugs Lena* god not even I look that wasted when sick or fainting *shakes head* that girl should have doctors following her all around *sighs*

she looked gorgeous even when fainting *sighs*

Thanks to everyone who made my seeing this vid possible!! :rose:

QueenBee
03-03-2004, 22:13
I just watched that some time ago, and I gotta say I feel really sorry for Lena. I heard this happens/happened often? :( Apparantly it was because she hadn't been eating enough because of all the stress... And then there was that diet-thing (which I'm not sure is a rumor or not). I think it was really sweet of Yulia to help, but I also think that it was sweet of everyone who was there to help her aswell. Although, if I was her, I wouldn't want that to be recorded.. but it still gives us a peek into the world of Tatu.

haku
03-03-2004, 22:26
Thanks for the info Nike75 :rose:

Poor thing! I'm feeling sorry for Lena, especially since it happens quite a lot to her. :(

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad to have seen something from the RS, but i don't think it should have been shown on TV, it's not right to show Lena like that. :bum:

And yeah, Yulia takes good care of Lena and it's nice of her. Nastya on the left also helps, and even the bald bodyguard is really gentle with Lena for such a big guy. He looks like a nice guy.

rANdoMtATuFaN
04-03-2004, 04:33
I don't know if I'd be comfortable w/that being shown on national TV if I was her. I didn't feel comfortable watching it - 'coz I don't know how she feels about that being shown to the public. But, yeah - it was sweet how Yulia and everyone was taking care of her.

Thanx to everyone who uploaded it, tho.

irish22
04-03-2004, 05:14
i think it was igor who uploaded it i mean i believe he was the only one with the videos so if it was you igor thanks

RowerB
04-03-2004, 06:56
Thanks Nike75 and Onewinged and thank you Twiggy for the link.

MassMedia
04-03-2004, 07:10
cute kiss on her arm after she drinks...

RowerB
06-03-2004, 23:17
This is the second time we’ve seen Yulia spray Lena’s forehead. Has anyone seen it done anywhere else?

xena225
07-03-2004, 00:12
Yulia: Are you feeling better, bunny? (= honey/sweetheart in russian)
Lena: Yes
Yulia: Let me make her some tea
Offscreen: Sweet tea, Yul'
Lena: *mumbles something about her hair*

Yulia: Here is some sweet tea I made you. It's not hot. Here, drink it.
Lena: I ... may spill it now...
Yulia: Here, let me help you. It's sweet... drink some tea...

*Kissing Lena*
Yulia: Are you feeling cold?
Lena: .. yes (nodding)
Yulia: I drenched you with water back then, Lena
Lena: ... hair...
Yulia: Your hair, it needs to be wiped...
Yulia: You know what we should do... Does anyone have a rubber band / hairgrip thingy?
Lena: It's there... *pointing*
Yulia: Where? Sereg, ... Sasha, pass it here, please.... We'll put on the hood for her - because she is all wet - so that she won't get sick.... Does it hurt?
Lena: No.

Thanks to elf for the translation.

dollparts3000
07-03-2004, 01:38
Why does Yulia spit water at Lena....she could just throw it at her in the water bottle. Is that a common thing for Russians to do? It's really strange!!!!! :)

freddie
07-03-2004, 06:46
Originally posted by dollparts3000
Why does Yulia spit water at Lena....she could just throw it at her in the water bottle. Is that a common thing for Russians to do? It's really strange!!!!! :)

It wouldn't be as effective if she just pored water from the bottle. Lena needed a shock.

Thanks Elf & Xenna. :done:

thegurgi
07-03-2004, 07:12
actually, if she were to pour the bottle, it'd be too much water. You can risk drowning the girl (say too much water went down her nostrils?). Spraying was much more effective at cooling the girl and getting a bit of shock to her system.

RowerB
09-03-2004, 14:47
And i wanna see the girls bashing Ivan. :gigi:

Well you have the vid now haku. Any chance of a transcript?

Lux
10-03-2004, 03:08
finally.

aw, yulia sure likes to take care of lena. it's so cute my heart aches :hmmm:

yeah, why would they show that sort of thing? heh.

xena225
16-03-2004, 11:01
Here's a translation of Yulia's and Lena's monologues from Episode 3. Thank you to elf for this! As it's certainly interesting for the on-going discussion, I hope it's okay to post this here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by elf

Here is my translation of the first part of Reality Show Episode 3, which you can find on Onewinged's and Alerg's ftp servers. These monologues pretty much answer the burning question of the whole documentary: "Why did the girls leave Ivan?"

Note: In some cases it is not clear whether Yulia is quoting Ivan, saying what he thinks or just making her own conclusions... :)
All these cases are put in "quotes" .

Enjoy! :done:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caption: <<< The recording of Tatu's album in Podnebesnaya has been suspended starting on January 18 >>>
Caption: <<< Exactly 50 days left from today, January 24, 2004 until the planned release date of the album>>>

Caption: <<< Moscow, Lena Katina's apartment >>>

Lena: Wait a second, I'm almost done here... Let me finish washing the dishes... it's impossible to do it 100 times... it's not realistic...

Caption: <<< Yulia on her way to the doctor >>>

Yulia: I'm not sure that it was interesting for the audience 2 days ago. OK, so yesterday we had the "Anatomy" movie. But 2 days ago one guy was talking about Gor'kiy... they discussed something with Bobza... I don't understand... how does it matter to the people? Do people really care that they solve certain problems with Bobza? They don't even know this Bobza or the guy who he talks to about Gor'kiy and Dostoyevskiy. Who is interested in watching this, Vitalik?

Lena's Grandma: All the people who watch it here say that they are shocked. Nobody likes him. My sister from Leningrad (St. Petersburg) said "I really disliked that Shapovalov... How can Lenochka work with such a person?" He is simply disgusting.

Yulia: In the end, what do we get? Vanya, who fucking said not to do it without him, showed up there. And what did this Vanya do?

Lena: I have worked with him for many years now, so I can see how it's getting worse and worse in stages.

Yulia: I'm certainly disappointed by the fact that one thing was planned, but now Vanya is in control of everything, and we are like nobodies there. I go there and I don't feel like an artist. I think the artist there (I can't say theatrical) is Vanya Shapovalov. When I look at him, it seems that he is the celebrity, who is like "I know this, I know that, this is how it should be". He talks to people like that. I think that Vanya is the one [suffering from celebrity syndrome / insanity].

Lena: ... But the situation has gotten out of control already. There is a certain line which we have crossed by now, and... So you see, we don't have much choice here.

Yulia: He kind of doesn't let us communicate to anybody, you see. He does it for himself and we just sit there. He is like "Why don't you invite the artists like you said you would?" Why should we invite them if Vanya just gets to them right away and talks to them? All the artists go *silenced*. After Vanya, they don't need us anymore. They just sit there and think "Can the girls be just like Vanya?" They won't come anymore. They most probably think that if the producer is like that, the girls should be similar. They probably think that the girls are also [crazy]. Well... I don't know.

Lena: The next stage will be without us.

Lena's Grandma: ...in a psychiatric hospital.

Yulia: What do we have to do with this? Then promote yourself! What do we have to do with this? Then why are you blaming us for not coming, [why are you] saying that it's all because of us? It's all because of you. It's all because of him, you see...

Lena: I respect him as a person for what he did, you know. Not everyone could have done the same. But I don't respect what is happening to him now. I'm disappointed in him as a person, as an individual.

Yulia: I'm sure that Vanya is worried (slang), really worried that nothing goes right for him. The second album is not ready. I ask him "Vanya, is the second album ready?" - "Yes." - "Where?"... No, he wouldn't show it. I say, "Well, show me the second album. Are the songs and the music ready?" - "Yes, everything is ready". Then he says right away "Here is a letter from fans, go select a song". You've heard the last trick, right?

Lena: In reality, it takes two weeks to record an album, when the material is there. Two weeks to record it... if you just go there to record songs... by precisely specifying the goals like: "Today we are singing this song, tomorrow we are singing that song, after tomorrow we'll finish the old one and start a new one...". This way it takes exactly two weeks. It can be done.

Yulia: He is getting nervous himself, I can see it... He is worried because he understands that he won't [be able] to finish the second album by March. He knows it! But he acts confidently, he doesn't show it... And all the people go like *funny face expression* again, and like "Well yea, we'll finish it on time, he said so, he knows better..." He doesn't know shit! He just sits there and doubts it.

You think he is agressive? He is also getting nervous lately. Everything irritates him... he doesn't even talk to us, like: "Hello, Goodbye", you know. I see him working at the control set, he gets up for some reason, then thinks, then... because he understands perfectly well that the album is not ready and he is worried that he is letting some people down again. He understands it well, but he won't say it.

Lena: I don't think that the second album can be better than the first one.

Yulia: Whenever I go there to record a new song, we just make some test recordings. Have they come up with at least one complete song which would be played on the radio and everything? Not a single song! We only try them out... We go there to "La-la-la"... "Ok, we'll finish it tomorrow, and this second verse... we'll finish it tomorrow". There is not a single finished song. From all the songs that we tried... what 3-4 songs, yes? Three.. I get high voice and inflamed up there. It's possible to avoid it, you know. This is again due to Vanya's principles. He doesn't care what will happen to my voice next. He absolutely does not give a damn, he doesn't worry about that whatsoever. It's going to be just like with Beata: "Ah.. you can't do it - it's over then." He'll just find another one, sing it again or somebody else will sing it... I won't scream anymore, I told him. I have been to the doctor and it's starting again, the red lines. Fuck it... let somebody else scream. Let Katya scream, or Vasya, or Petya.. whoever. Let him find somebody to sing songs for me, if he wants. I would just be opening my mouth, it would... I mean really, if I may ever want to make a solo career, why should I [destroy] my voice for Vanya, starting with the second album, to the point of not being able to say "Mama" anymore. And Vanya won't give a shit. He'll just make another project or something else. He won't even recall my name, just like with Beata. He may call me to ask me how it is going... "Oh it's ok, if you want - you'll get better, if not - you won't". It's just like he usually says "Do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to"... "Scream if you want to, don't scream if you don't want to". That's what I will tell him: "I don't want to scream"... [repeating]

Lena: Everybody is doing something there, but in the end it turns out that nobody does anything.

Yulia: As I was sitting with Lenka once, my dad was saying "Why are you and Lenka so lazy?" I reply "Daddy, it's not about us. What should we do in that Podnebesnaya every day, tell me?"

Lena: Obviously, we are not the problem. I think that first of all, the problem is in the material or its absence. Secondly, the problem is in the total lack of any organization... so nobody does anything, no way, nowhere. Until there is an [external motivation], people don't do anything.

Yulia: What can we do there? Explain it to me, please. My dad says "The two of you seem to lack enthusiasm... it seems you don't want to move forward... They created a project for you, why don't you go there every evening?" I reply "Daddy, how... what can we do there every evening? Try going there..." You see, if there was work for us to do every evening... Vitalik, you know it, whenever there is studio work we always go there, Lena and I. Whenever there is some sort of an interview, we are always there. But just to sit there for no reason and to listen to Vanya's nonsense - who needs it? Vanya is like "I know it myself. Follow me and everything will be fine." Who needs this, Vitalik? I have my own opinion, you know.

Lena: I used to really believe in him. I thought that he was indeed the person who did everything possible to put us on that level which we are... were at. Ever since, we've had this complete mess, passiveness and sitting at the same place with the same program. When it was clear to everyone that something needed to be done, nobody did anything. I'm saying "Vanya, let's make a new album." - "Ok". After doing nothing for 2 months, "Vanya, when are we going to record the album?" - "We will...soon." - "Let's make the album." - "Ok, soon, we are almost starting." And 4 more months pass. It has been this way for a couple of years by now.

Yulia: Looking back at how things were, I used to support Vanya a lot in the past. But now I see what happens to the people. Look, when Galoyan left in the very beginning, I was for Vanya. But looking at the big picture, who wrote "Ya Soshla S Uma"? Galoyan. Who wrote the music for "Pokazhi Mne Lyubov"? Galoyan. Who wrote "Nas Ne Dagonyat"? He left and there are no such songs anymore. But HE is the composer of all our music, practically the whole first album with the exception of 3-4 songs. All the hits are his work. Also, Lena Kiper, who helped with the idea for "Ya Soshla S Uma".

Lena: Well, she also wrote "Ya Soshla S Uma".

Yulia: You see, I used to be for Vanya before. I was like "Yea, Galoyan is an ass". But now looking back, I see that all the good people leave Vanya, all of them!

Lena: There is a desire to record good songs, since we are now obviously not on the same level that we started at. We are now [popular] in Europe and America and Japan... well, you know it. We want to continue it somehow, but maybe not as group Tatu anymore, maybe create something new.

Caption: <<< The author of the project, Vitaliy Manskiy >>>

Manskiy: The STS channel is now in the state of... an obvious disappointment, since they did not expect such numbers, and, I think, they are also in the state of thinking about how to go about it further. I think it's a significant question for them now.

Lena: We want something new, we want to change something... But I don't understand what that something is.

Manskiy: I don't think that a failure with that project is part of their plans.

Caption: <<< Tatu's producer, Ivan Shapovalov >>>

Ivan: Don't think about it as a failure...

Manskiy: No, it's not a fiasco yet, it's not a fiasco... Because, what you have put together and what we have shown is obviously not what had been on STS channel before. It's so obvious...

Ivan: Yes, that's why there is a difference... it changes the attitude towards the channel as a whole, you see.

Manskiy: Do they really want it? Does the channel want...

Ivan: I think so. If it wants to change the numbers, it should change [the attitude]. Otherwise, they will just reach the limit with these entertainment [programs].

Yulia: You know, there are people who follow the principle "I know it myself" like Vanya. "Follow me and everything will be fine", as he usually says.

Manskiy: First of all, I think we should step out of the boundaries of Podnebesnaya to film the main characters in their lives and outside of Podnebesnaya. I mean you and the two heroines. I think we should always come here with these heroes. We should exist both outside and inside Podnebesnaya.

Lena: The way I imagined it is that we would be recording songs as well as have some discussions about what to sing, etc, just like we usually do in the studio. That way we would record the album.

Manskiy: Following the principle that was initially conceived, we would inevitably be at the boiling point every time. (I think he meant "a point of high interest" - elf)

Ivan: To avoid this, before we figure things out, I will be in charge of directing and you will take on the administrative responsibilities... so that we don't have any arguments, because I have an...

Manskiy: What do you mean by "directing"?

Ivan: Directing is the way of filming and editing. That's it. I will be responsible for these questions, coordinating it with you, and STS channel, Peking.. You'll handle the guests and all that... Post production and sound editing are optional for now. As for now, while we have not started it yet, this is the way we are going to split it. Then we'll coexist perfectly and won't have any problems.

Yulia: And then Vanya does everything on the spot. First the people work hard to prepare for it, agreeing on everything. And then at the last moment he changes his mind. He doesn't want it.. doesn't want it. I don't want it anymore.

Manskiy: Your delusion of grandeur has been obvious even before this meeting...

Ivan: No, no, no... I don't want to do it.

Manskiy: "I'll let you handle the guests and I'll handle the directing." This is the usual kind of rudeness that characterizes you. It's your life style - to shit on people from the 10th floor.

Yulia: The psychological trick is quite trivial. When I observe his behavior, it is very trivial. He does everything with confidence. Notice that he never steps to the side (compromises). Everything he does... Even when he speaks, he does it affirmatively.

Ivan: We'll cut this out, take this part and attach it to that one... I'm in film editing, you see. I support everyone.

Manskiy: Van', would you like to work on the creation of the album?

Ivan: I'm recording it, yes, yes...

Manskiy: Because the obvious problem is that you are not recording it...

Ivan: I don't want it. Of course I don't want it. I absolutely don't want it.

Manskiy: Al..

<<< long pause >>>

Manskiy: Hmm. You won't end up well...

Ivan: What do you mean I won't end up well?

Manskiy: One day, you'll stress out, get tired of everything...

Ivan: I'll come to you, to your summer cottage.

Manskiy: So, when I say you won't end up well, what I mean is the following: As you are driving to my summer cottage, you will fall asleep from exhaustion and fall into the Moscow River from the bridge.

Sergey Bobza: And you can't prove anything...

*Everyone laughing hysterically*

Ivan: Good.. it's not bad - it's ending up well...

Yulia: It's just a pity that everything started up so well and, if it ends, it will end so sadly and with tears. I remember there was such a huge boom in the country. So many people were interested in us... all the magazines, all the newspapers, everybody wrote about us. We started singing in America, you have seen our success, everyone was happy. Martin was saying we were doing great. Now it's over, you see. In Moscow, it's all silent since there is no new album. In America, Martin doesn't work with us, again because of Vanya.

Lena: There is always a choice. Either we will stay and work on something, we don't know what, rolling down the hill at a very high speed. Or we should change something, start a new life, do something new and try to go up again, or at least stay at the same level, although the level we now are at in Russia does not satisfy me anymore... the same goes for every other place.

teeny
16-03-2004, 11:31
Thank you for posting the translation, xena225 :rose:
And many thanks to Elf for doing it :rose:

I read it, and now I better watch the video aswell.

LenochkaO
16-03-2004, 15:23
Thanks for the translation, Xena and Elf. Sounds like the girls are as pissed off with Shappy as many of us are - they're saying much the same things that we have been :)

Lena: I used to really believe in him. I thought that he was indeed the person who did everything possible to put us on that level which we are... were at. Ever since, we've had this complete mess, passiveness and sitting at the same place with the same program. When it was clear to everyone that something needed to be done, nobody did anything. I'm saying "Vanya, let's make a new album." - "Ok". After doing nothing for 2 months, "Vanya, when are we going to record the album?" - "We will...soon." - "Let's make the album." - "Ok, soon, we are almost starting." And 4 more months pass. It has been this way for a couple of years by now.

Yulia: Looking back at how things were, I used to support Vanya a lot in the past. But now I see what happens to the people. Look, when Galoyan left in the very beginning, I was for Vanya. But looking at the big picture, who wrote "Ya Soshla S Uma"? Galoyan. Who wrote the music for "Pokazhi Mne Lyubov"? Galoyan. Who wrote "Nas Ne Dagonyat"? He left and there are no such songs anymore. But HE is the composer of all our music, practically the whole first album with the exception of 3-4 songs. All the hits are his work. Also, Lena Kiper, who helped with the idea for "Ya Soshla S Uma".

Lena: Well, she also wrote "Ya Soshla S Uma".

Yulia: You see, I used to be for Vanya before. I was like "Yea, Galoyan is an ass". But now looking back, I see that all the good people leave Vanya, all of them!

Yeah, that :done:

ElectraCute
16-03-2004, 15:48
xena thanks for posting :rose:
And elf million thanks for translation :rose:

Ivan is like a paranoid king, who has outmanoeuvred those had minds of their own and talent. Apparently Ivan only trusts himself. It is just plain logic that no one else takes initiative.

Some one who is in charge needs to be able to delegate, trust and credit others.

Of course it is sad that tatu most likely is over in the form we know it, but on the other hand it is good that the girls spoke up and rebelled.

Mansky and the girls see right through Ivan:
Yulia: He is getting nervous himself, I can see it... He is worried because he understands that he won't [be able] to finish the second album by March. He knows it! But he acts confidently, he doesn't show it...
Manskiy: "I'll let you handle the guests and I'll handle the directing." This is the usual kind of rudeness that characterizes you. It's your life style - to shit on people from the 10th floor.
Yulia: The psychological trick is quite trivial. When I observe his behavior, it is very trivial. He does everything with confidence. Notice that he never steps to the side (compromises). Everything he does... Even when he speaks, he does it affirmatively.

haku
16-03-2004, 16:15
Thanks elf for the translation and xena for posting it. :rose:

Well, it's nice to see that the girls are on the same page as most of us here. Let's hope that they'll have the strength to take their future in their own hands and get a new producer who knows what s/he's doing.

MassMedia
17-03-2004, 06:34
edit: for those who dont know this is the transcript for the file name TATU_in_Podnebesnaya_episode3_shap_bashing.avi on the FTPs.

angeljas01
17-03-2004, 07:07
Thank you very much to both Xena and Elf!!

Lux
17-03-2004, 07:12
didn't Kiper also write NND?

thanks Elf and Xena